Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh (3548 Views)

Happy Easter Sunday; Did Jesus Really Ascend Unto Heaven In Flesh And Bones??? / The Prophet Micah Long Prophesied God Coming In Flesh To Walk On Earth! / Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Preciousgirl(f): 7:16am On Dec 19, 2020
See Evidence:

Isaiah 44:6
[6]“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.

Mark 15:2
[2]Then Pilate asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” He answered and said to him, “It is as you say.”

YHWH, God of the Old is Jesus Christ of Nazareth He is the King of the Jews

Amen

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 7:18am On Dec 19, 2020
God bless you for this revelation

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Preciousgirl(f): 7:20am On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:

God bless u for knowing and accepting the Truth
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Cubana03: 7:49am On Dec 19, 2020
ok

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Preciousgirl(f): 10:44am On Dec 19, 2020
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by enilove(m): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
Preciousgirl:
See Evidence:

Isaiah 44:6
[6]“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.

Mark 15:2
[2]Then Pilate asked Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” He answered and said to him, “It is as you say.”

YHWH, God of the Old is Jesus Christ of Nazareth He is the King of the Jews

Amen

He is not . God the Father is YHWH

No one can see God the Father and live , but Abraham saw Jesus Christ and he lived :

Genesis 18:1-9,13-20 KJV
And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; [2] And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, [3] And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: [4] Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: [5] And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. [6] And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. [7] And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. [8] And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat. [9] And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. [13] And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? [14] Is any thing too hard for the Lord ? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. [15] Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh. [16] And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. [17] And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; [18] Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? [19] For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. [20] And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

John 8:56-58 KJV
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. [57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? [58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Exodus 33:20 KJV
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
enilove:

He is not . God the Father is YHWH

No one can see God the Father and live , but Abraham saw Jesus Christ and he lived :

Genesis 18:1-9,13-20 KJV
And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; [2] And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, [3] And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: [4] Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: [5] And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. [6] And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. [7] And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. [8] And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat. [9] And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. [13] And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? [14] Is any thing too hard for the Lord ? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. [15] Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh. [16] And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. [17] And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; [18] Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? [19] For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. [20] And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

John 8:56-58 KJV
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. [57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? [58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Exodus 33:20 KJV
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Stop contradicting the bible and accept its words as the final authority
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by enilove(m): 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
Stop contradicting the bible and accept its words as the final authority

Proof me wrong . How did I contradict the bible.

The bible tells us that no man can see the face of God and live and it also says that Abraham , Moses , Joshua and the elders of children of Israel saw God and ate with him.
+-- That is Contradiction if you think there is only God the Father and He is at the same time Jesus Christ.
*--- It is not contradiction if you know that God the Father is different from Jesus Christ.

Now tell me , which is your opinion and how did I contradict the Bible ?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
enilove:

Proof me wrong . How did I contradict the bible.

The bible tells us that no man can see the face of God and live and it also says that Abraham , Moses , Joshua and the elders of children of Israel saw God and ate with him.
+-- That is Contradiction if you think there is only God the Father and He is at the same time Jesus Christ.
*--- It is not contradiction if you know that God the Father is different from Jesus Christ.

Now tell me , which is your opinion and how did I contradict the Bible ?
I am not interested in arguing because that will be a futile effort since each of us have our own conclusions on the identity of who God really is.

But take or leave it :Jesus is the unknown God who we all claim to know and serve. It is one of the reason we pray in His name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by enilove(m): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
I am not interested in arguing because that will be a futile effort since each of us have our own conclusions on the identity of who God really is.

But take or leave it :Jesus is the unknown God who we all claim to know and serve. It is one of the reason we pray in His name.

But Jesus said :

He has a Father who is greater than him.

It is only the Father that knows the very time of his second coming.

He was going to sit in the right hand of his Father .

The Father sent him.

And John the Baptist said Jesus is the Son of God.

The gospel of John tells us that Jesus is the ''word of God '' and he was WITH God .

The old testimament also talks about the Son of God .
David also confirms it by saying '' the Lord said to my Lord'' ...

These are Bible references to tell you I am not changing , adding or making personal opinion about the the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Preciousgirl(f): 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:

Bless U
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
enilove:

But Jesus said :

The Father sent him.

The gospel of John tells us that Jesus is the ''word of God '' and he was WITH God .

These are Bible references to tell you I am not changing , adding or making personal opinion about the the word of God.

Let me ask you the following questions:

1. If God is indeed greater than Jesus, then why will He command that all beings in Heaven, and on earth bow before Jesus(Phillipians 2:10)? Is that not an error on His part...is God not also amongst the inhabitants of Heaven? Does it mean God too will bow before Jesus?

2. Why would Jesus explicitly tell His disciples He was the Father (John14:9)? Was He lying to them by making this claim?

3. John chapter 1 said " the Word was with God", but it also said, " the Word was God ". And all things were created by Him and for Him (Colossian 1:16), so why can He(Jesus) not be God?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by enilove(m): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jesus Christ has always been existing in the old testament along with the Father :

1 ) Genesis 1:11 KJV
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

THAT INSTRUCTION OF ''LET THERE BE '' IS THE WORD OF GOD TELLING JESUS TO CARRY OUT THAT ORDER.
John 1:1-3 KJV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning WITH God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

That was why Jesus could curse a tree and it died.

ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS OF HIS FATHER.

Genesis 1:26 KJV
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Daniel 3:25 KJV
He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the ''Son of God'' .

Revelation 5:1-2,5-7 KJV
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. [2] And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? [5] And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. [6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. [7] And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Revelation 3:20-22 KJV
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. [21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. [22] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by abebi77572: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2020
Preciousgirl:

Bless U
And you too.

When I was younger, I never knew who Jesus was. But through the grace of the Holy Spirit, the knowledge of whom Jesus really is came and I am very grateful for it.

It made me understand that the knowledge of God is progressive and never ending.
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Preciousgirl(f): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
And you too.

When I was younger, I never knew who Jesus was. But through the grace of the Holy Spirit, the knowledge of whom Jesus really is came and I am very grateful for it.

It made me understand that the knowledge of God is progressive and never ending.

cool
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Preciousgirl(f): 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
abebi77572:

Bless u too dear cool
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by livingchrist: 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2020
enilove:

But Jesus said :

The Father sent him.

you have good grasped on biblical truth, unfortunately these days many people do not want to put up with biblical truth.
There was a time I actually believed Jesus was the same person as the father but the holy Spirit through the bible revealed to me the truth and also I had some powerful revelations about the trinity, although I do not fully understand the trinity but I came to understand that it is true and the bible is as clear as day light.
The following I understood about God,
1. God is a being with three distinct persons
2.each person is fully God
3.All persons are one being.

A being is what someone or something is but a person is the consciousness or awareness of that being.
God is a tri personal being, meaning he unlike us exist in three separate consciousness of individuals so much so that each individual relate with each other as a separate person, each has a personality of his own but are united in the absolute sense.
The unity of all persons stem from their being God.
So, there are three persons but just one God.
Jesus is not the father, the father is not the holy Spirit and the holy spirit is not Jesus, it has always being like this from eternity, there was no modification neither will there be modification for God can not change.

Some people believe Jesus is the same person as the father in heaven but Jesus constantly relate with the father as a separate person even in heaven Jesus still relate with the father as a separate person and so also the holy spirit.
Those people who believe Jesus is God the father, ask them who died for their sin? Is it the holy Spirit, Jesus or the father?
Who spoke from heaven during Jesus baptism?
Who descended like a dove on Jesus?
They believe Jesus went to heaven and transformed himself to the holy spirit, imagine such unbiblical rubbish? So Jesus spoke from heaven declaring himself as his own son? Or Jesus turn to the holy spirit and descended on himself? Only the doctrine of the trinity which is separate persons of the Godhead can fully reveal the truity of the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
livingchrist:
you have good grasped on biblical truth, unfortunately these days many people do not want to put up with biblical truth.
There was a time I actually believed Jesus was the same person as the father but the holy Spirit through the bible revealed to me the truth and also I had some powerful revelations about the trinity, although I do not fully understand the trinity but I came to understand that it is true and the bible is as clear as day light.
The following I understood about God,
1. God is a being with three distinct persons
2.each person is fully God
3.All persons are one being.

A being is what someone or something is but a person is the consciousness or awareness of that being.
God is a tri personal being, meaning he unlike us exist in three separate consciousness of individuals so much so that each individual relate with each other as a separate person, each has a personality of his own but are united in the absolute sense.
The unity of all persons stem from their being God.
So, there are three persons but just one God.
Jesus is not the father, the father is not the holy Spirit and the holy spirit is not Jesus, it has always being like this from eternity, there was no modification neither will there be modification for God can not change.

Some people believe Jesus is the same person as the father in heaven but Jesus constantly relate with the father as a separate person even in heaven Jesus still relate with the father as a separate person and so also the holy spirit.
Those people who believe Jesus is God the father, ask them who died for their sin? Is it the holy Spirit, Jesus or the father?
Who spoke from heaven during Jesus baptism?
Who descended like a dove on Jesus?
They believe Jesus went to heaven and transformed himself to the holy spirit, imagine such unbiblical rubbish? So Jesus spoke from heaven declaring himself as his own son? Or Jesus turn to the holy spirit and descended on himself? Only the doctrine of the trinity which is separate persons of the Godhead can fully reveal the truity of the scriptures.
I asked questions relating to this topic. Kindly answer them with biblical references.

Here they are :

1. If God is indeed greater than Jesus, then why will He command that all beings in Heaven, and on earth bow before Jesus(Phillipians 2:10)? Is that not an error on His part...is God not also amongst the inhabitants of Heaven? Does it mean God too will bow before Jesus?

2. Why would Jesus explicitly tell His disciples He was the Father (John14:9)? Was He lying to them by making this claim?

3. John chapter 1 said " the Word was with God", but it also said, " the Word was God ". And all things were created by Him and for Him (Colossian 1:16), so why can He(Jesus) not be God?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by livingchrist: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
I asked questions relating to this topic. Kindly answer them with biblical references.

Here they are :

God is greater than than Jesus because Jesus took a lower position. Philipians 2vv7

Jesus didnt say he was the father, 'he that has seen me has seen the father' does not mean he is the father, Jesus said that because he is the express image of the father.

yes Jesus is God but not the father.
Did you see where it said that the word was with God?
Again, when God said let us make man in our image who was he talking to? Was it not the other members of the trinity?
Jesus is not the father, but he is God nevertheless.
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
livingchrist:
God is greater than than Jesus because Jesus took a lower position. Philipians 2vv7

Jesus didnt say he was the father, 'he that has seen me has seen the father' does not mean he his the father, Jesus said that because he is the express image of the father.

yes Jesus is God but not the father.
Did you see where it said that the word was with God?
Again, when God said let us make man in our image who was he talking to? Was it not the other members of the trinity?
Jesus is not the father, but he is God nevertheless.
You have not answered any questions but I will give you more time to come up with more compelling answers. But let us digress a bit.

"Here O Israel, the Lord our God is one."(Deut 6:4)

Now according to you and your analogy, we have three Gods now, right?

Please are you aware that Jesus was worshipped? Who do we worship if not God Himself? Are you also aware that the fullness of the Godhead(the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) in bodily form is in Jesus (Colossians 2:9)?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by livingchrist: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
You have not answered any questions but I will give you more time to come up with more compelling answers. But let us digress a bit.

"Here O Israel, the Lord our God is one."(Deut 6:4)

Now according to you and your analogy, we have three Gods now, right?

Please are you aware that Jesus was worshipped?
I have no time for repetition, mr.
Due 6vv4 actually is a proof of trinity.
The Lord our God is one. Go and check the hebrew interpretation
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
livingchrist:
I have no time for repetition, mr.
Due 6vv4 actually is a proof of trinity.
The Lord our God is one. Go and check the hebrew interpretation

Wrong sire. In Deut6:4, The word "our " is not a referent to God, but to the people who listened to the reported speech given by Moses command.

Secondly, the Hebrew translation you are hastily referring me to holds the same textual content of the word

But no wahala sha.

Jesus is still God whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. And anyone who rejects the scriptures of what Jesus said about Himself, simply rejects Jesus and His words.

Peace

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by enilove(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS ARE :

1 ) The case is like that of Joseph and Pharaoh.
Was Joseph ruling over pharaoh ? No.

Genesis 41:40-43 KJV
Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. [41] And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt. [42] And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; [43] And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.

Paul also explained this in :

1 Corinthians 15:24-28 KJV
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. [25] For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. [26] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. [27] For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted which did put all things under him. [28] And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

2) Jesus simply means , there is no need of seeing the Father since they are one. It means why looking for the father when you have me ?

3 ) John 1: .... makes it clear that Jesus was with God .

Jesus is God because he is the Son of God. The child of a lion is not goat but lion.

All things were made by Jesus because the Father is the Chief architect giving the Son the instructions .

The Word means the word of creation spoken by God and carried out by Jesus :

Genesis 1:3-4 KJV
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. [4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

LET THERE BE LIGHT MEANS .. My Son , create Light . And God inspected it and saw that it was Good .
That I why the Bible says NOTHING WAS MADE THAT WAS NOT MADE BY HIM.

CHECK THIS :
Proverbs 8:22-28 KJV
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. [23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. [24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. [25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: [26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. [27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: [28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:....

THe father sets everything in motion and the Son did the works. You can't be looking at your father working in the farm and fold your hands and be looking.
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by sonmvayina(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2020
The story of jesus was created from ancient tales about Marduk, Marduk is the creator of the universe and the son of Enki...only that he WAS never a man. It was Athanasius that said he was both God and man and a human history was forged f9r him possibly by Eusebius..

Marduk is the lord of the old testament.
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by enilove(m): 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
sonmvayina:
The story of jesus was created from ancient tales about Marduk, Marduk is the creator of the universe and the son of Enki...only that he WAS never a man. It was Athanasius that said he was both God and man and a human history was forged f9r him possibly by Eusebius..

Marduk is the lord of the old testament.

You are mistaking , it is not Marduk but MADDOG.
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by sonmvayina(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
enilove:

You are mistaking , it is not Marduk but MADDOG.

Lol..Marduk is the creator of heaven and earth according to the enuma elish. He is the lord God of the old testament.

https://www.ancient.eu/Marduk/#:~:text=Marduk%20was%20the%20patron%20god,storm%20god%20and%20agricultural%20deity.
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by enilove(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol..Marduk is the creator of heaven and earth according to the enuma elish. He is the lord God of the old testament.

https://www.ancient.eu/Marduk/#:~:text=Marduk%20was%20the%20patron%20god,storm%20god%20and%20agricultural%20deity.

Ole , ole ole ole , thief thief thief .

I bind that Maddog in the name of Jesus and command him to be tied to hell where he belongs , in Jesus' name .
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by livingchrist: 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
Wrong sire. In Deut6:4, The word "our " is not a referent to God, but to the people who listened to the reported speech given by Moses command.

Secondly, the Hebrew translation you are hastily referring me to holds the same textual content of the word

But no wahala sha.

Jesus is still God whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. And anyone who rejects the scriptures of what Jesus said about Himself, simply rejects Jesus and His words.

Peace

Peace.
the hebrew word used for 'one' is also used for compound unity.

The word interpreted as one Lord is actually a plurality of oneness.
You are the one rejecting what Jesus said about he and the father.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

18I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

Did you see that Jesus is saying he and the father are different persons?
If Jesus is the same person as the father, it will mean Jesus is bearing witness for himself and thereby braking the law.

For Jesus testimony to be true he and the father must be two separate persons.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
enilove:

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS ARE :

1 ) The case is like that of Joseph and Pharaoh.
Was Joseph ruling over pharaoh ? No.

Genesis 41:40-43 KJV
Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. [41] And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt. [42] And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; [43] And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.

Paul also explained this in :

1 Corinthians 15:24-28 KJV
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. [25] For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. [26] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. [27] For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted which did put all things under him. [28] And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

2) Jesus simply means , there is no need of seeing the Father since they are one. It means why looking for the father when you have me ?

3 ) John 1: .... makes it clear that Jesus was with God .

Jesus is God because he is the Son of God. The child of a lion is not goat but lion.

All things were made by Jesus because the Father is the Chief architect giving the Son the instructions .

The Word means the word of creation spoken by God and carried out by Jesus :

Genesis 1:3-4 KJV
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. [4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

LET THERE BE LIGHT MEANS .. My Son , create Light . And God inspected it and saw that it was Good .
That I why the Bible says NOTHING WAS MADE THAT WAS NOT MADE BY HIM.

CHECK THIS :
Proverbs 8:22-28 KJV
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. [23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. [24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. [25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: [26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. [27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: [28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:....

THe father sets everything in motion and the Son did the works. You can't be looking at your father working in the farm and fold your hands and be looking.

Let me point out certain things that do not correlate in your post :

1. Your relation of Joseph and Pharaoh to Jesus and God is seriously off point because Jesus is the fullness of the Godhead (Colossian 2:9). So He cannot be two separate persons.

2. For a long time, Jesus spoke about His Father and His disciples being curious, wanted to know who this Father really was. So Jesus says, "I and the Father are one" John (10:30). Then one of the disciples(Philip) wanting to really know the identity of the father, then asked :

"Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.". Please notice the bold. He did not say image or presence ; he said SHOW. Meaning identify.

Now Jesus answered, "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?"[/b]John 14:8, 9.

Please notice the word used by Jesus : [b]See

Why do Christians claim that Jesus is God come in the flesh? Christians did not invent this idea, Jesus Himself is the one who makes this claim, over and over. Christians accept His Word. Those who disagree, disagree with Jesus and what He says.

Besides all this, God has even repeated it many times that He will not share His glory with another,and neither should worship be ascribed to any other other God. But in scripture, we see that Jesus is worshipped (Matthew28:17 and John20:28) and He does not rejects it.

Here is are more verses to prove the point for doubters and I shall post them bit by bit to avoid the spam bots that keep patrolling

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by sonmvayina(m): 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
enilove:

Ole , ole ole ole , thief thief thief .

I bind that Maddog in the name of Jesus and command him to be tied to hell where he belongs , in Jesus' name .

Lol...i can just imagine how you look now..Did you even take time to read the article or you just following what people are saying and allowing them think for you?..

Well, my dear jesus never existed. He is just a made up character like Harry potter or super man..the earlier you know the better for you..
Re: Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh by Jashub: 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
livingchrist:
the hebrew word used for 'one' is also used for compound unity.

The word interpreted as one Lord is actually a plurality of oneness.
You are the one rejecting what Jesus said about he and the father.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

18I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

If Jesus is the same person as the father, it will mean Jesus is bearing witness for himself and thereby braking the law.

For Jesus testimony to be true he and the father must be two separate persons.

The bolded is a serious contradiction because you are indirectly telling us here, that Jesus and God are two different personages with a separate existence. But you fail to understand that in Colossian 2:9, scripture says that the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form is in Jesus, which happens to be one Person . The bolded contradicts many other verses. Examples are : 1Timothy 3:16 , Isiah 9:6 and 1John 5:7.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

As The Vatican Moves Closer To The Islamists / If God Is Omnipotent, Can He... / I Am From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.