Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858279 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyinlove15: 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nairobi or any other ircc office. Check @otunbatee post
Inestimable61:

I will do just that . Which email address should I send mail to ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyinlove15: 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2021
Congratulations
silvamania:
Good afternoon everybody,

After the trials, the ups and downs. I got my PPR

He has finally done it

I wish all applicants the very best

Super happy now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ILoveDLord(m): 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Good day wonderful people, I shared my story in part 15 of this thread.

This is just to encourage everyone not to give up on this dream it is possible as long as you keep trying, working with the right information, expecting the best and having faith in God.

After my visa was approved, my family too was approved within two months later. So they joined me during my study in Canada.

I have completed my MSc program(faster than the normal duration), family was nominated by the Province for PR, got my 3-year post graduate permit, started working on a good job and hoping to live the Canadian dream! All things are possible.

I got a lot of information on this platform while applying for my study permit.
I am more than happy to provide advice and information as a way to give back to the platform.

Unfortunately I will not be able to reply to private messages due to some personal reasons. Please post your questions on the thread, I will provide answers if I know the answer or someone else can help. I believe we have very experienced people here who are willing to help.

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olaa123: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
skull4eva:

What were the generic refusal reasons?
I've not even seen the letter...still waiting for it...my agent just told me they refused me when I called
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
ILoveDLord:
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

This is just to encourage everyone not to give up on this dream it is possible as long as you keep trying, working with the right information, expecting the best and having faith in God.

After my visa was approved, my family too was approved within two months later. So they joined me during my study in Canada.

I have completed my MSc program(faster than the normal duration), family was nominated by the Province for PR, got my 3-year post graduate permit, started working on a good job and hoping to live the Canadian dream! All things are possible.

I am more than happy to provide advice and information as a way to give back to the platform.

Unfortunately I will not be able to reply to private messages due to some personal reasons. Please post your questions on the thread, I will provide answers if I know the answer or someone else can help. I believe we have very experienced people here who are willing to help.

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

Our Daddy no vex, Wetin person fit for to make the province nominate your for PR abeg?

I Dey plan to dey sweep the street every morning oooo!!!

Or we go dey feed the less privileged

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emergingb: 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
Rootiab:
Please eh. I booked my biometrics for Tuesday which was the next available space online and I only took today as my day off and I'm expected to resume work on Tuesday although I also have medicals on Tuesday. Can I go in person and do it today?
Please you guys should help me so I don't loose my job before I travel.

I also have my medicals and Biometrics tomorrow(Tuesday 19/01/2020) tomorrow.
How many hours does it take to get Medicals done normally pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mankind5050(m): 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
It was really a trial but it has ended in praise.Congratulations
silvamania:

He has finally done it

Super happy now

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Testimonytime: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Blavkmaann:

Our Daddy no vex, Wetin person fit for to make the province nominate your for PR abeg?

I Dey plan to dey sweep the street every morning oooo!!!

Or we go dey feed the less privileged

Chai!!!! No kill me with laugh na!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Arosam(m): 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
If one defers admission, should the visa officer be notified about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Real14blues: 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lagos VFS passport return process is very slow. I sent mine to them since 27thNovember 2020. And they finally sent me this today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to VFS Global Canada, Nigeria.

Kindly be informed that your passports has been dispatched, you can track your application via UPS Air Way Bill Number: W5***************

So guys, if you can please AVOID THEM.

Summe:
I sent it to Lagos. cry

The stamping took just a week, Counterfoil and LOI has been received. Just for them to return my passport...that's all!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by West0099: 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
Pls i need help on how to order my gcms note please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Otatom(m): 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2021
happy for you.
I am new here and trying to filter through all the info here because my questions may sound weird.
- is it possible to land a job with a college certificate ?
- do I need to show another proof of funds if going for Masters after PGD?
- can I visit Nigeria during semester breaks or so?
-how is the process of getting PR after studies?
ILoveDLord:
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by West0099: 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
West0099:

Please i need help here�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chukwubuikexo: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
Going for One year pgd program which is quite short, with your family is not recommended. The Visa Officer would see it as a means of migration rather than studies.
Note that PGD is not the certification you should be seeking for if you graduated with 2.1 or first class
OCHULORC:
Hello, I'm a first timer on this thread. I am trying to apply for a one year PGD as recommended by an agent to enable me get Visa together with a good proof of funds.
Please is it wise to get one year Pgd admission considering the fact that I want to leave with my family and the program period is too short. (1yr) would they give my family members Visa too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
silvamania:

He has finally done it

Super happy now
congrats

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OCHULORC(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
[Thank you so much for your response. I actually graduated with a 2-1. I hired an agent to help me with this and he recommended a one year pgd program
For easy VIsa. Please can I Pm you?
quote author=Chukwubuikexo post=98195887]Going for One year pgd program which is quite short, with your family is not recommended. The Visa Officer would see it as a means of migration rather than studies.
Note that PGD is not the certification you should be seeking for if you graduated with 2.1 or first class
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
West0099:

Nah dy refuse my visa omo what should i do now

Sorry about that bro.

You can apply for your GCMS notes so you'll be more guided on your next Application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
emergingb:

I also have my medicals and Biometrics tomorrow(Tuesday 19/01/2020) tomorrow.
How many hours does it take to get Medicals done normally pls?
where are you?
I'm in Abuja. If we can meet tomorrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
silvamania:

He has finally done it

Super happy now

Yaaaaaay!!!

CONGRATULATIONS cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
ILoveDLord:
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

I'm glad everything is going fine over there.
And, it's really Kind of you to want to help! smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
West0099:

You can search GCMS Notes on google, you will see alot of company that offer GCMS services coming out on your search engine, you can then choose the one you want to use.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2021
I am so happy for you, we will chart alot by Gods mercy, Take care.

ILoveDLord:
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2021
West0099:

Please i need help here�

See attached. Hope it helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OCHULORC(m): 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
Good day,
Your Testimony is so encouraging, Congratulations .

Please did you apply for the Visa as a Family or as a student First then later the family.

Also I am considering applying for Post graduate diploma course a (one year program ), Is it possible for me to get Visa for my family with this one year course if Yes, please do you think I would be able to finally get a 3 year post graduate permit?

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
[/b]

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
congratulations. Amen

silvamania:

He has finally done it

Super happy now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by angels1: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
Congratulations can you share your timeline
author=silvamania post=98191952]Good afternoon everybody,

He has finally done it

Super happy now [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
ILoveDLord:
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

Congratulations and thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chukwubuikexo: 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
Yes, you can
OCHULORC:
[Thank you so much for your response. I actually graduated with a 2-1. I hired an agent to help me with this and he recommended a one year pgd program
For easy VIsa. Please can I Pm you?
quote author=Chukwubuikexo post=98195887]Going for One year pgd program which is quite short, with your family is not recommended. The Visa Officer would see it as a means of migration rather than studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Eazyp3000: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Good evening all,
I have been playing catch up with this thread and I must say it has really been insightful. Will be glad if I can get some advice in these areas:

1. I have decided to pursue a masters program in Canada, I graduated with a 2.1 (4.10/5.0) in Civil Engineering and want to further my studies in courses related to this field. Currently searching for a school with cheap tuition and options of funding ( Scholarship or GTA). Will love to get some suggestions in different provinces.

2. In my research thus far, I noticed the option of thesis based (MSc) or Course based ( MEng), most of the funding options are only available to the MSc programs and they are quite cheaper. So out of curiosity, will really like to know the difference between these two programs because I don’t want to be restricted to lecturing or research jobs in the future, will like to practice. Just need some kind of clarity, it’s confusing.

Thanks in advance��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by FrostyButter: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Time2soar1:

Sorry about the refusal

You were denied for two reason, One is insufficient fund and the other home ties. On insufficient fund there was lump sum in the bank statement you submitted and VOs usually view this that the money will not be available for your studies. On home ties since you are singe, a good job will serve as home ties that is why the VO said you are also not economically established. Nothing to bring you back, no family no good job.

However, if you just graduated, a good career prospect after your program and explanation about the lump sum, may be a gift deed should suffice.

Also for your first year you will need more than C$ 4,000 in addition to the funding because funding minus tuition is a little less that C$6,000 and it is good to have about C$ 4,000 for other expenses apart from C$10,000 for living expenses

Hello... Still new here, I'm about applying and i need clarifications on what you just explained. My main question is, if I'm applying using a sponsor, would the sponsors bank details alone be enough in submitting my documents, and can it be supported with my employment letter alone? Would i need to submit my own bank details... This is for NSE by the way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by West0099: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
deommanuel:

Sorry about that bro.

You can apply for your GCMS notes so you'll be more guided on your next Application.

Doing that right now will keep y’all posted thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by West0099: 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Yteem:

See attached. Hope it helps.

Thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72