Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858303 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
ILoveDLord:
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Good day wonderful people, I shared my story in part 15 of this thread.

This is just to encourage everyone not to give up on this dream it is possible as long as you keep trying, working with the right information, expecting the best and having faith in God.

After my visa was approved, my family too was approved within two months later. So they joined me during my study in Canada.

I have completed my MSc program(faster than the normal duration), family was nominated by the Province for PR, got my 3-year post graduate permit, started working on a good job and hoping to live the Canadian dream! All things are possible.

I got a lot of information on this platform while applying for my study permit.
I am more than happy to provide advice and information as a way to give back to the platform.

Unfortunately I will not be able to reply to private messages due to some personal reasons. Please post your questions on the thread, I will provide answers if I know the answer or someone else can help. I believe we have very experienced people here who are willing to help.

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

Thank you for your post.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
The Prophet @OtunbaTee, naso I do my financial breakdown oh, lol. I'm referring to that financial plan table used when submitting application. I recall even that @Frankrobbn1 mentioned same a while back.

It will end in praise for us all...

OtunbaTee:
na VO dey check 14days quarantine plan again??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
@Lentomac, I think it depends on location. I used the rate that my admission adviser gave me for my calculation. Rate on AirBnB too can be used but I believe this person needs to actually book a quarantine place and not just show a budget since he wants to travel.

lentomac:

Thanks for your response

Actually am asking this question in respect of someone who has gotten her Study Visa Approved and wants to travel

Does that mean she should make available a budget of $2500 CAD for the quarantine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 8:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lol @OtunbaTee, this question again. Its just to show budget oh not specifically because the VO needs it but just to show my financial plan and I decided to exclude it from my living expenses, dasall.

OtunbaTee:
na VO dey check 14days quarantine plan again??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Bro, I am more than ready for GOOD NEWS. Make I go clear my mail sef so that the PPR mail will have more than enough space for landing.

deommanuel:
IT'S A BEAUTIFUL NEW WEEK!!

WHO'S READY FOR SOME GOOD NEWS? cool cool

May we all receive the Love Letters we've been waiting for, AMEN!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
Eazyp3000:
Good evening all,
I have been playing catch up with this thread and I must say it has really been insightful. Will be glad if I can get some advice in these areas:

1. I have decided to pursue a masters program in Canada, I graduated with a 2.1 (4.10/5.0) in Civil Engineering and want to further my studies in courses related to this field. Currently searching for a school with cheap tuition and options of funding ( Scholarship or GTA). Will love to get some suggestions in different provinces.

2. In my research thus far, I noticed the option of thesis based (MSc) or Course based ( MEng), most of the funding options are only available to the MSc programs and they are quite cheaper. So out of curiosity, will really like to know the difference between these two programs because I don’t want to be restricted to lecturing or research jobs in the future, will like to practice. Just need some kind of clarity, it’s confusing.

Thanks in advance��
1) There is no school with cheap tuition in Canada, international students pay more than domestic students & 95% of universities in Canada are ok. To increase your Scholarship & Admission chances, take your time & explore schools in Canada offering M.SC in Civil Engineering

See the link below for

Masters in Civil Engineering Programs & the Schools offering them (Over 35 Canadian Universities)
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Civil+Engineering&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

You have a good CGPA to be qualified for a Funded Masters program, but good CGPA is just one of the requirement and atimes not enough. You have some work to do to secure a funded Masters Program in Canada e.g Searching for Potential Supervisors (Professors), Sending Cold Mails to Professors of Civil Engineering etc.

The contents in the Link below will guide you on

How to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities and also get possible FUNDED M.SC/PH.D scholarship (Full or Partial Funded SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

2) Your second question needs a based on experience response, gurus & members who have passed through this path/route would be able to enlighten you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shadexlove: 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Dear Frank,
I was denied after medical last year,Please I need you to guide me on how to tackle my LOE my email address is hamhaz2001@gmail.com you can also send me your phone number via mail .

Find below response from VO:
i am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of you stay as stipulated in subsection 216 based on your family ties in Canada and in your country residence

i am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available sufficient and available financial resources ,without working in canada,to pay school fees for the course or the programme of studies that you Intend to pursue

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources,without working in Canada to maintain yourself and any family member who are accompany you during your proposed period of study.

kindly assist

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
@awys, you just have a funny way of expressing challenges that will make somebody laugh. IRCC plus FG God pass dem. This booklet issue happens sometimes though so it might require some patience. All is well my sister, by this time in June you go don dey Canada as you desire.

awys:
Please who has gone for Passport renewal lately ??.like last year having done my data capturing on the 30th of December 2020 since then they said its the Federal Government that's delaying them that no booklets in the whole of Nigeria to print out.I intend renewing it this January but decided to do that data capturing last year December against January I never knew we are still going to be battling with no booklets in the Country after battling with how to do NIN and now this!!!.NO BOOKLETS AND PEOPLE ARE STRANDED EVEN NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA ARE Complaining about this as well
Now person dey think of IRCC,Federal Government of Nigeria add join their own.My passport is expiring June 2021 this year so I had to go renew it since it's 6months to Expiry and IRCC too is silent as usual.What do I do Biko Federal Government release BOOKLETS ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
TeeMade:
@awys, you just have a funny way of expressing challenges that will make somebody laugh. IRCC plus FG God pass dem. This booklet issue happens sometimes though so it might require some patience. All is well my sister, by this time in June you go don dey Canada as you desire.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
Congrats @Oyinlove15, PPR loading... Did you submit NSE requirements with your application?

oyinlove15:
They just sent me medical request o

Please is this the form for medical request

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Otatom(m): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
please help with this.. Also I graduted with 2:2 that is why PGD is my best option
Otatom:
happy for you.
I am new here and trying to filter through all the info here because my questions may sound weird.
- is it possible to land a job with a college certificate ?
- do I need to show another proof of funds if going for Masters after PGD?
- can I visit Nigeria during semester breaks or so?
-how is the process of getting PR after studies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2021
awys:
Eeh I just got ghost update now who else got it?

Got mine now buh this folks might just be playing with us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
Oh, so sorry about the delay guys @Olaa123 and @west0099. Please order your notes, repackage and refire. See it as a slight delay and stay strong, all is well.

Olaa123:

Same here cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
Winner0718:

I went to my school to collect it then scan and send. Which sch. Did u grad. Frm?
Michael okpara university of agriculture, I'll have to go to my school then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
silvamania:
Good afternoon everybody,

After the trials, the ups and downs. I got my PPR

He has finally done it

I wish all applicants the very best

Super happy now

Wao! Big congratulations to you, hope you have not deferred your admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Congratulations are in order my brother and course mate. Bigger wins for you by God's grace, I'll join the PPR leaugue in a bit too by God's grace oh and see you in person in UNB, amen!!! This MBA issa goal...

silvamania:
Good afternoon everybody,

After the trials, the ups and downs. I got my PPR

He has finally done it

I wish all applicants the very best

Super happy now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
@Olaa123, please be strong and be assured that you'll soon share your testimony so long as you don't give up. I believe the gurus here will assist you and maybe this time, you may wanna try doing it yourself. All the best, God's got you.

Olaa123:

I'm supposed to be sharing testimony not refusal timeline
November Applicant
Tuition deposit of 8kCAD alongside receipt
SOP 1 page
Mother as sponsor
6 months statement of account with 9m closing balance inflow of about 150m
Undergraduate studies
CAC documents
Land and property document
High school transcripts
Certificates from several post secondary trainings
Siblings passport and school history
Sponsorship letter
We'll be fine las las really

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
FrostyButter:

Hello... Still new here, I'm about applying and i need clarifications on what you just explained. My main question is, if I'm applying using a sponsor, would the sponsors bank details alone be enough in submitting my documents, and can it be supported with my employment letter alone? Would i need to submit my own bank details... This is for NSE by the way.

You should submit your bank statement along with your employment letter and your sponsor bank statement. Your own employment letter and bank statement will show home ties and that you are established here. If you can get mybankstatement for both bank account it will be good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olaa123: 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
TeeMade:
@Olaa123, please be strong and be assured that you'll soon share your testimony so long as you don't give up. I believe the gurus here will assist you and maybe this time, you may wanna try doing it yourself. All the best, God's got you.

Thank you so so much TeeMade. I really appreciate this. I'll definitely share my testimony very soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
theForth:

Since you said you have the transcript at hand you can email it to U OF R its will be accepted, but if you want to send to WES you need the envelop to be stamped and signed then you can come to 9ja nd send to WES as its cheaper here to send via UPS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Winner0718(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
theForth:

Since you said you have the transcript at hand you can email it to U OF R its will be accepted, but if you want to send to WES you need the envelop to be stamped and signed then you can come to 9ja nd send to WES as its cheaper here to send via UPS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
Olaa123:

Better cry your cry grin....I've cried my own the water in my eyes yaff finish sef...We move sha

Sorry for the refusal. I know you received NSE letter, did you submit the NSE requirement?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hello @ILoveDLord,

Thanks for sharing this. It's really the bolded for me, how did you go about it to have them join you so soon. Been thinking of what justification one can use, although my hubby won't stay but he'll be visiting periodically.

ILoveDLord:
WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Good day wonderful people, I shared my story in part 15 of this thread.

This is just to encourage everyone not to give up on this dream it is possible as long as you keep trying, working with the right information, expecting the best and having faith in God.

After my visa was approved, my family too was approved within two months later. So they joined me during my study in Canada.

I have completed my MSc program(faster than the normal duration), family was nominated by the Province for PR, got my 3-year post graduate permit, started working on a good job and hoping to live the Canadian dream! All things are possible.

I got a lot of information on this platform while applying for my study permit.
I am more than happy to provide advice and information as a way to give back to the platform.

Unfortunately I will not be able to reply to private messages due to some personal reasons. Please post your questions on the thread, I will provide answers if I know the answer or someone else can help. I believe we have very experienced people here who are willing to help.

I wish you all the best

Happy new year!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
Summe:
Thanks. I guess I will have to keep calling.

Is it not better you go there? Vfs i mean and complain in person

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by West0099: 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
TeeMade:
Oh, so sorry about the delay guys @Olaa123 and @west0099. Please order your notes, repackage and refire. See it as a slight delay and stay strong, all is well.

I just did that waiting for 30days

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olaa123: 10:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Time2soar1:

Sorry for the refusal. I know you received NSE letter, did you submit the NSE requirement?
I didn't
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by West0099: 10:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
Olaa123:

I didn't

Have u ordered your gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
TeeMade:
Bro, I am more than ready for GOOD NEWS. Make I go clear my mail sef so that the PPR mail will have more than enough space for landing.

I FEEL YOU cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
M.SC Scholarship for Agriculture Majors

Any potential MSc candidates interested in a cool inter-cropping project, contact
Dr. Dianne Knight with University of Saskatchewan's Soils department.
https://agbio.usask.ca/faculty-and-staff/people-pages/diane-knight.php#research_areas

#IntercropInnovators new research announcement. This was in among the research projects announced by @SKAgriculture this week.
Primary: Kui Liu,

Other collaborators: Diane Knight, Haben Asgedom-Tedla, Jeff Schoneau, Michelle Hubbard, Mohammad Khakbazan, Tony Yang, and Lana Shaw

Find attach the screenshot below for more details

The contents in the link below is your preparation plug/guide to contact Dr. Diane

How to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities, Secure a Supervisor and also get possible FUNDED M.SC/PH.D scholarship (Full or Partial Funded SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yyum: 10:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hello everyone,please can I submit an ielts result of about 2years two month for my NSE application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.