Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864217 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
Thank you!

Longjonjoe:

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Just be checking your email for the test locations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
JohnErrin:

yes i did cbt

Certificate supposed to be ready for pick up. Go to your center where you did your exams. It should be ready
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
JohnErrin:

Hello. i too am in the same predicament, my bank firstbank doesnt have visa my bank statement. Please can you send me the format text you sent to ircc with your explaination?

Just print from January to December, the bank to stamp one each page and also add a reference letter to validate the account holder and account statements, then write a formal letter addressing it to the High commission of canada in lagos and abuja stating your bank couldn’t get the ebank statement which is mybankstatement and add you application number and UCI number before couriering it to the address of the embassy you want. The scan the bank statements and upload on your online application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
fratermathy:

If you have a strong 2:1 (4.00 and above) or a First Class, you can apply to Masters by thesis programs and get full funding. If not, then I don't know of any other scholarship scheme that can work for you.
Yes I have bsc in political science with a cgpa of 4.04 on a 5 points scale... pls how can I go abt d scholarship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 11:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
francisgodstime:
Yes I have bsc in political science with a cgpa of 4.04 on a 5 points scale... pls how can I go abt d scholarship

First things first..

You need to write a strong proposal. Draft something of between 2-4 pages. Once you have your proposal, the next thing is to identify schools and potential supervisors. I could help you by narrowing your scope. What specific area of Political Science are you interested in? Comparative Politics, Policy Studies, International Relations, Strategic Studies, or what?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Certificate supposed to be ready for pick up. Go to your center where you did your exams. It should be ready

I have to go to the center?? i thought they delivered it cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Just print from January to December, the bank to stamp one each page and also add a reference letter to validate the account holder and account statements, then write a formal letter addressing it to the High commission of canada in lagos and abuja stating your bank couldn’t get the ebank statement which is mybankstatement and add you application number and UCI number before couriering it to the address of the embassy you want. The scan the bank statements and upload on your online application

..Ok so i should also send the original bank statment to them by courier services and also send it to them via the online portal.
Mehn these ppl own don too much o

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sirromey(m): 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2020
Is it Lufthansa you used?
Kakokako:

I carried the 2 main 23kg bags, a carry on luggage of about 7kg and my shuttle bag. None of my bag was weighed. I just went straight to wrapping the luggage bags with nylon to preserve my precious garri, egusi, ata Ata gbigbe and some dry fish, knorr maggi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Obanidavid: 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2020
Salientjoe:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need information about the Form A platform, especially from people who have paid Memorial tuition fees with it.

I mailed the cashier office yesterday and they recommend I use GlobalPay student platform to make payment. As it stands, I don't have any idea on how the platforms work.

I could really use the information now as the deadline for payment is so close.

Thank you.

Please google mun cashiers office, then click on methods of payment. It will take you to a list of available options to make payment, select wire transfer using globalpay. This later takes you to memorial page on globalpay where you input the amount you want to and get a quote which you will print and take to the bank to process your Form A.

Go to the bank with a copy of your previous (degree) certificate, passport data page, letter of admission and letter stipulate amount you are to pay because bank will want to turn you down if you can provide evidence that you are actually paying for school fees. I will advice you speak with your account office to handle it for you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 12:06am On Dec 23, 2020
JohnErrin:

..Ok so i should also send the original bank statment to them by courier services and also send it to them via the online portal.
Mehn these ppl own don too much o

Yea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 12:07am On Dec 23, 2020
Sirromey:
Is it Lufthansa you used?

When booking is it a one way ticket one should use or with a return?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 12:26am On Dec 23, 2020
That's thesame VFS office now, if I don't know that of Abuja at least I know the Lagos office which is close to my house. Na thesame office or should I say address/building.

I had to ask if there's another embassy when the poster said "Canada embassy, not VFS oh" sounded to me like 2 separate offices but thanks for the response though.

It will end in praise for us all...

MadeMan01:

Canada High Commission at Abuja. Canada Deputy High Commission at Anifowoshe Street, Victoria Island
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 12:48am On Dec 23, 2020
So sorry about the refusal, I agree with waiting to see GCMS notes cos if you submitted all these documents and they are still referring to some "Mark Sheet" then its important to know exactly what they're talking about.

God is still in control, it is well.

Legacyedition:

We can't say anything now till GCMS note is out.

Submitted Degree cert, transcript, waec cert, testimonial, nysc for records. The response is generic.

Let's see what's in GCMS note in 30 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 12:50am On Dec 23, 2020
So sorry again about the refusal but just curious to know, did you receive the NSE request and did it include IELTS requirement? If yes, did you submit IELTS?

God is still in control, it is well.

Legacyedition:

We can't say anything now till GCMS note is out.

Submitted Degree cert, transcript, waec cert, testimonial, nysc for records. The response is generic.

Let's see what's in GCMS note in 30 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 1:01am On Dec 23, 2020
Good evening everyone,
Please I need information on the NSE route. Anyone with links can please share to me so I can read more.

Also, I'd be grateful if there can be short answers to my questions below:

1. Is a Masters in Information Studies programme (which aligns with one's undergraduate degree) a good course for the NSE program?

2.) What is the required POF for the NSE program?

3.) Is TOEFL/ IELTS required for the NSE/ Visa application?

4.) What's the visa processing time for the NSE?

5.) What are the required documents for the NSE program?
Thanks for responding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 1:03am On Dec 23, 2020
Make una answer me nah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 1:03am On Dec 23, 2020
Lol @ Blavkmaann, this one off me abeg, I don laugh tire.

Thank God sey dem approve both of una applications but tbh, I think your circumstances should determine the extent you go in your documentation for this application. As it has always been said on this platform, NO TWO APPLICATIONS ARE THESAME. Everybody gazz answer hin name and God no go shame us.

Blavkmaann:

Na people like una Dey collect extra sheet for exam question Wey no suppose pass one page, if I never apply and gotten approved and I see this message I go just give up say, “NO NO, I’m not ready“

Wetin be this

Ahn ahn

Wetin I upload no reach 6

Passport
SOP - in client information
All those imm forms
Acct statement of 11m
My sponsors letter
Passport photo

N.B I didn’t upload POLiCe rEport SEF
(I had it but when I was applying I don high, so fan bow the thing comot for table I no even see am)

But all those times I never join Nairaland so I just run a German German

To the Glory of God Wey No Dey gree make world oooo laugh a Warri boy!
2 secs e clear for my passport

My point is

NO FEAR IF YOU NO GET ALL THIS MANY MANY THINGS! So where your power reach and leave the rest for God

I know my guy for Benin Wey upload everything (all + all) dem still send Weyrey go back

I Dey with my drink jarey!

Happy Xmas in advance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 1:03am On Dec 23, 2020
Good evening everyone,
Please I need information on the NSE route. Anyone with links can please share to me so I can read more.

1. Is a Masters in Information Studies programme (which aligns with one's undergraduate degree) a good course for the NSE program?

Thanks for responding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 1:30am On Dec 23, 2020
Anyone applied to new bruswick before. Is payment done before i am able to upload my documets?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 2:00am On Dec 23, 2020
Hello @Chimzy4real,

Please confirm which payment you're referring to, registration fee or the deposit toward school fee?

I applied to UNB and completed my application/document upload. Then I was directed to the payment page to pay my registration fees, as application will not be processed until payment is made and received by the school.

After receiving my conditional acceptance letter which stated that I had to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure my slot, I then proceeded to make the payment at the bank before the stipulated deadline.

Hope this helps?

Chimzy4real:
Anyone applied to new bruswick before. Is payment done before i am able to upload my documets?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 2:09am On Dec 23, 2020
Hello @ Philadelphia,

Kindly visit page1 of this thread, there's link for the NSE details.

It is expected that you use the search option to get info on any enquiry which will help you see if thesame has been discussed in past threads. It's probably the reason you didn't get a quick response as this topic is already almost overflogged on this platform. The time of the night may also be anothor reason though.

All the best.

Philadelphia:
Good evening everyone,

Thanks for responding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JORDAN55: 2:57am On Dec 23, 2020
IF YOU ARE JUST COMING TO CANADA AND YOU HAVE USD DO NOT CHANGE YOUR MONEY TO CAD AT THE AIRPORT, THE RATES ARE TERRIBLE ,AND THERE IS ALSO A COMMISION ON EACH TRANSACTION. The woman at travelex told me the rate is 1usd - 1.11 cad but something told me not to change it, when i got to my apartment, I told my friend to help me change it and she changed it at the bank for a rate of 1usd- 1.28 cad without any commission at all

Just thought to share

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by VonVictor: 3:41am On Dec 23, 2020
I want to apply to memorial university...any tips. Especially in submitting my transcripts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JORDAN55: 4:23am On Dec 23, 2020
JORDAN55:
IF YOU ARE JUST COMING TO CANADA AND YOU HAVE USD DO NOT CHANGE YOUR MONEY TO CAD AT THE AIRPORT, THE RATES ARE TERRIBLE ,AND THERE IS ALSO A COMMISION ON EACH TRANSACTION. The woman at travelex told me the rate is 1usd - 1.11 cad but something told me not to change it, when i got to my apartment, I told my friend to help me change it at a bank and she changed it at the bank for a rate of 1usd- 1.28 cad without any commission at all

Just thought to share
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 4:29am On Dec 23, 2020
I am curious about this too

JohnErrin:
Anyone who did their ielts exam from the 12th dec to 16th dec gotten their paper result? I still havent gotten mine and they said it would be 3-5 days for results to be released!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:40am On Dec 23, 2020
Nairaluck I greet you. I wanna ask, I made my initial deposit fees of 1500kcad to conestoga via the cibc international student pay. A friend of mine n cad assisted with the payment (360N/1). It's been 3 days now and the payment hasn't gotten to Conestoga. Is it wrong for me to use a friends credit card to pay? Abi na traffic too much en route to conestoga....pls assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by VonVictor: 4:41am On Dec 23, 2020
Hello all. Please i finished from unizik with a Bachelor's degree in pharmacy. With a gpa of 3.83. I intend to apply for Memorial University. I am being asked for my transcripts. I would like to know if I should submit the transcripts directly from my school or I should use WES which I have no idea how to go about it.

I would like to also know my chances with my gpa

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:17am On Dec 23, 2020
VonVictor:
I want to apply to memorial university...any tips. Especially in submitting my transcripts
speak to your school so they email if to mun
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:17am On Dec 23, 2020
VonVictor:
Hello all. Please i finished from unizik with a Bachelor's degree in pharmacy. With a gpa of 3.83. I intend to apply for Memorial University. I am being asked for my transcripts. I would like to know if I should submit the transcripts directly from my school or I should use WES which I have no idea how to go about it.

Please if anyone has been accepted to MUN. Please kindly send me an email. victoroyiogu@gmail.com.

I would like to also know my chances with my gpa
your schools needs to send it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 5:31am On Dec 23, 2020
Kimkalash:
Hi guys, sorry it took this long.

Did not do covid test. No one checked my luggage in Lagos. Just went to the Ethiopian airlines stand, gave them enrolment letter, admission letter, arrive can receipt photocopy and I checked in my luggage. Begged the checker to put me by the window for all flights up to Newfoundland, he did and i just tipped his something. Went to have breakfast and then dashed towards the boarding gate. As expected, na only pilot no tax me. Plane left around 2. We got to Addis Ababa around 9.
Getting out of the plane, we rushed to the boarding gate to get set for Dublin. Plane left around 11 and we got to Dublin about 8 hrs later I think. This was so so long. There was quite a delay at Dublin I think because of logistics but from Dublin to Toronto it took us about 7 hrs. The journey was long for me as my max before now used to be around 5 hrs.

We got to Toronto, waited for about 30 minutes in the plane, went straight to border services, filled a few forms, showed our arrive can, boarding pass and passport and then we were directed towards immigration. The guy just came to us, asked us for passport, tuition receipt/enrolment verification, declaration form and admission letter. 10 minutes later, he called me, gave me back my documents and issued my study permit and gave me a paper to direct me on how to get my social insurance number, then that was all.

Checked in my luggage going to Newfoundland. It was still past 11 and my flight was for 9:30 pm so i just followed my Nigerian friends going to Vancouver to their boarding gate, gisted and saw them off at past 2. Then it was only me. This was draining. I then began to tour the airport and met a South Sudanese woman with whom I discussed the state of our countries and neo-colonialism. She's a Canadian citizen so she enlightened me a whole lot and when she realized i didnt have cash cause I was complaining on phone that i was hungry, she gave me 20 U.S dollars but the mumu me went to Italian to buy ham, bacon and coke. I forcefully finished it o.

Went to my boarding gate 2 hrs prior and saw a white guy. Moved closer to him and started a conversation. He was speaking fast so my accent also had to change. We discussed Trump, liberalism, Canada's plan towards development and economic expansion, American and Chinese trade wars and the beauty of data analytics in Insurance. A few minutes to board, we parted and he got to the plane first as per him seat be like first class.

I later got on the plane but when the plane paced around the runway, i think it began to have issues so the captain said we'd return to the gate and do a system refresh on the plane. It delayed for two hours. I sha know say after like five minutes wey plane move up, i don sleep. Before I know, e don remain 8 minutes to land. Landing was thrilling cause the journey from Lagos was long. I got to the NFL border, took my luggage, approached the border official, submitted my passport, travel declaration form and my GT atm card for indentification. She spoke her English and then freed me. I met my greeter and he put me in the cab but failed to tell the porter i was coming cause he was attending to two others.

The cabman dropped me and I knocked and knocked but nobody came through. I was just on a shirt. I languished in the cold, shouted for help but no one came through. I saw a car pass by and slowly approached the car and an Asian lady listened to me, asked me to wait and she called her supervisor. I ran across the road for like five minutes to limit the effect of the cold and then she drove towards me and gave me a number to call but that was when the other two guys came and the porter came around. I went in, called the greeter, fuckling blast him and he apologized. I was then shown my room and I checked in for isolation. I am in quarantine.
A mix of experiences you see?

Thanks for sharing. Wish you the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 5:35am On Dec 23, 2020
olasubomy:

My brother, your post always cracks me up loooooooool. My profile is not to scare anyone. Everyone has a unique story. You need not upload that much documents,. It just depends on your story and how you have worded your SOP and support document to support that.

Congrats brother on your approval, please drink as many bottles biko but dont drink and drive oooh looool.

Wish everyone expecting a decision, PPR soonest.

Greetings.
Sent a message. Look forth reading from you. Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 5:45am On Dec 23, 2020
My passport was stuck at the embassy/Lagos VFS for 6 weeks. I eventually got it a day before my original travel date to avoid no show and losing money. I cancelled the covid-19 test which I had already paid for but then asked for a date change for my ticket. So the cost of changing ticket ended up being covered by the refunded test fee.

Sirromey:
Hmnn I have been trying to call lufhthansa no luck. Why did u cancel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66