Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862066 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 10:14am On Dec 23, 2020
fratermathy:

First things first..

You need to write a strong proposal. Draft something of between 2-4 pages. Once you have your proposal, the next thing is to identify schools and potential supervisors. I could help you by narrowing your scope. What specific area of Political Science are you interested in? Comparative Politics, Policy Studies, International Relations, Strategic Studies, or what?

Please I got a friend with a Masters GPA of 3.58 in Educational Measurement and Evaluation
Is it possible to have a PHD scholarship with this GPA & what areas of study can he further in & institutions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dampops(m): 10:15am On Dec 23, 2020
Sponsoring yourself is perfect as long you have explanations and justification for any lump sum or unusual sums in your account

hopeyemih:
One more question please.

I went through the list of documents needed for application and visa grant.
Unfortunately, i do not have a direct sponsor as my mum is late and my father is retired. But i saved up some money from trading Stocks and Agro-investments.

Can i sponsor myself for the student visa application or is there a way around this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2020
So guys I emailed iom medicals and they're charging 46,500 for medicals. Wow that's much oo. But what and what do they normally do sef.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hopeyemih(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Dampops:
Sponsoring yourself is perfect as long you have explanations and justification for any lump sum or unusual sums in your account

Okay, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bale98(f): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Good morning house, Please is there any update from anyone? This silence ehhhnnn E be one kind. I keep checking my GCkey every minute expecting a change even when I know there's no change yet. I think it's because it's ending of the year already and if I don't get it this year I would have to wait still next year and my school is resuming Jan so I'm getting really anxious.
I hope I'm not the only one feeling like this oo.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2020
Rootiab:
So guys I emailed iom medicals and they're charging 46,500 for medicals. Wow that's much oo. But what and what do they normally do sef.
That's their price Q-Life is 35k if you are in Lagos and note tell them to give you a date before Paying in IOM cuz they might end up giving you a date in March /April and it's non refundable after some months they might refund you if you end up not doing it with them you can also check with Q-Life to get a date and compare both dates for the one that's closer if you are in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 10:37am On Dec 23, 2020
I have seen it. Thanks. Is ielts compulsory?
And how were you able to select msc type whether thesis or course work or co-op. Can't find the option.

TeeMade:
Hello @Chimzy4real,

Please confirm which payment you're referring to, registration fee or the deposit toward school fee?

I applied to UNB and completed my application/document upload. Then I was directed to the payment page to pay my registration fees, as application will not be processed until payment is made and received by the school.

After receiving my conditional acceptance letter which stated that I had to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure my slot, I then proceeded to make the payment at the bank before the stipulated deadline.

Hope this helps?

It will end in praise for us all...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2020
Please anybody studying for PGC or PGD? Please signify
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2020
See attached. I thought q-life is 35k ni

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2020
bale98:
Good morning house, Please is there any update from anyone? This silence ehhhnnn E be one kind. I keep checking my GCkey every minute expecting a change even when I know there's no change yet. I think it's because it's ending of the year already and if I don't get it this year I would have to wait still next year and my school is resuming Jan so I'm getting really anxious.
Same here..yesterday sef I promised not to open that account again..but this morning I've checked like 3x

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyboy2020: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=hopeyemih post=97347393]Good morning and thanks for this wonderful thread.
Please i have an issue I’d like to get explanation on as I intend to go to Canada for my masters.
On my International Passport, Birth Certificate and Bank statement of accounts, my names are; Makinde Oye Oluwafemi.
While on my BSC certificate and transcript, my name is written as;
Makinde Oye Femi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyboy2020: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2020
Rootiab:

What is the next available date for appointment on their portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bale98(f): 11:01am On Dec 23, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Same here..yesterday sef I promised not to open that account again..but this morning I've checked like 3x
cheesy cheesy cheesy Same here oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 11:07am On Dec 23, 2020
Thanks for sharing.
Rickywowoz:
If you just arrived canada, please start working on getting a Canadian driver's license. Car is a necessity in Canada. The process for getting a driver's license here can take up to one year. please even if you don't need a car now. GET A DRIVER'S LICENSE. I missed out on a dope internship because I didn't have a license at the time.

If you are still in Nigeria, get a legit naija drivers license. Most provinces will let you drive with your naija license but employers will prefer Canadian drivers license especially if you have to drive company car.

If you bring fake naija licence, you can get away with it in some provinces but Vancouver ICBC or British Columbia in general will catch you and you might get a fine.

Cheers

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2020
One way.
Longjonjoe:

When booking is it a one way ticket one should use or with a return?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 11:17am On Dec 23, 2020
Thank you very much for this.
JORDAN55:
IF YOU ARE JUST COMING TO CANADA AND YOU HAVE USD DO NOT CHANGE YOUR MONEY TO CAD AT THE AIRPORT, THE RATES ARE TERRIBLE ,AND THERE IS ALSO A COMMISION ON EACH TRANSACTION. The woman at travelex told me the rate is 1usd - 1.11 cad but something told me not to change it, when i got to my apartment, I told my friend to help me change it and she changed it at the bank for a rate of 1usd- 1.28 cad without any commission at all

Just thought to share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akinajibola: 11:23am On Dec 23, 2020
bale98:

OtunbaTee:

The waiting is beyond me. I swear.
I simply want an update. Give me YES or NO so that I can plan my 2021.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:32am On Dec 23, 2020
awys:

That's their price Q-Life is 35k if you are in Lagos and note tell them to give you a date before Paying in IOM cuz they might end up giving you a date in March /April and it's non refundable after some months they might refund you if you end up not doing it with them you can also check with Q-Life to get a date and compare both dates for the one that's closer if you are in Lagos
they gave me from 19th January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2020
Babyboy2020:

What is the next available date for appointment on their portal
from 19th january
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by VonVictor: 11:41am On Dec 23, 2020
Please what does a gpa of 3.83/5 translate to in canada grades in percentage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 11:46am On Dec 23, 2020
Rootiab:
they gave me from 19th January
Then go with Q-Life if Q-Life is 19th and confirm the appointment with them as in choose a day you want to go in and I guess someone just posted now they increased it to 40k so confirm the price with them but Q-Life is in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2020
olabisi6438:
See attached. I thought q-life is 35k ni
Well they increased it then as it's next year maybe they decided to increase it we that did this year is 35k we paid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2020
hopeyemih:
One more question please.

I went through the list of documents needed for application and visa grant.
Unfortunately, i do not have a direct sponsor as my mum is late and my father is retired. But i saved up some money from trading Stocks and Agro-investments.

Can i sponsor myself for the student visa application or is there a way around this?
You can sponsor yourself as long as you have enough cash to cover the entire duration of your program.
N.B: You will have to show proof of your stocks trading and Agro-investments
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2020
awys:

Then go with Q-Life if Q-Life is 19th and confirm the appointment with them as in choose a day you want to go in and I guess someone just posted now they increased it to 40k so confirm the price with them but Q-Life is in Lagos
I'm in Abuja. No q-life here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2020
Rootiab:
I'm in Abuja. No q-life here
Stick with IOM then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by VonVictor: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2020
VonVictor:
Please what does a gpa of 3.83/5 translate to in canada grades in percentage

Someone should please answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 11:52am On Dec 23, 2020
NairaLuck:

Thank you bro, I was planning to change at the airport, thank you once again for this information
It happens like that in all airports, you can change very little (especially if you have to pay for taxi or buy something at the airport), but your main exchange should be when you settle down in your city
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:52am On Dec 23, 2020
awys:

Stick with IOM then
yeah I have paid for the iom for 19th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
This silence from IRCC ehn...we need rains of PPRs o this week n beyond ooo.

It will end in praise!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
francisgodstime:
International relations.. is it scholarship proposal?

No, it's a research proposal. You'd have to write one. Do you intend to apply in this application round which usually ends between January 5th-15th (to receive funding), or you want to apply later next year? There may be some schools that won't ask you to get a supervisor before applying, but others would do that. Getting a supervisor can sometimes take time but it all depends on you and the nature of your proposal.

Your proposal must also be written with admissibility in mind. Think of an issue that would be topical and "fundable" and write a proposal of 2-4 pages. The proposal is usually more like a statement of purpose than a real academic proposal (as we understand it in Nigeria). You should personalize the proposal and state your personal and academic motivations for the research, your thesis or proposition, methodology, expected findings, why Canada and the institution are best place for your work (you can write this part later when you've identified schools), and maybe a short bibliography.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OseCode: 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
Please does anyone have a sample of what the LOI looks like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deepwater(f): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
Babyboy2020:

You don’t need to worry yourself much , just go and do an Affidavit of change of name and make sure you also publish it on new paper �. Attach the copy of the affidavit and the page of the new paper were your new name appears .

Negative, not change of name
An Affidavit of One and the Same Person is more appropriate

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6