Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862647 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:
6.2m after tuition is enough to cater for both the remaining of your tuition and 10k CAD living expenses. What's wrong with this people sef

Refusal based on personal assets is usually broad as there are many reasons that could lead to that
Its not only the SOA balance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shawtylil(f): 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
hi everyone. today i got a ghost update. When i just checked my account now, it’s showing my eligibility review has started and they are viewing the results of my medical exam. I haven’t even done the medicals?!! Is this a bad sign. I’m so scared
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2021
Tt4tolu:
I just got the correspondence letter. I'm waiting for the rejection letter. I won't deceive myself because I haven't done medicals neither did I receive the NSE letter. We move.

Don’t be negative. I got original passport request before medical request.... so that can be your case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mastmony: 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2021
Same here

shawtylil:
hi everyone. today i got a ghost update. When i just checked my account now, it’s showing my eligibility review has started and they are viewing the results of my medical exam. I haven’t even done the medicals?!! Is this a bad sign. I’m so scared
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
RichieJayy:
Good day to everyone in the house and special greetings to those contributing highly to see others successfully getting their TRV. I am learning a lot after my first refusal...I’m a silent reader on this platform. I was refused Study Permit in September 2020 due to purpose of visit and financial reasons. I already got my gcms note.

I want reapply, my questions is,

1. Is it now mandatory we all have to write IELTS?

2. Is mandatory we all go through the NSE route?

I asked because I haven’t written IELTS before and with the nature of my job it’ll be hard to write it now..And I will appreciate a lot if someone can help me review my LOE/SOP to see if I tackled all necessary issues highlighted from my previous refusal..Thanks!!

Please do the IELTS and upfront medicals before your next application. It saves your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
mastmony:
Good afternoon house,
Please eligibility review started today. Also, they said they are already reviewing my medical result. My concern is that, I didn't Medical request letter neither did I do upfront medical. I was just wondering what medical result they are reviewing. I hope it wont have any negative effect on my application.

I got the same update few days before I got the medical request so don’t panic... it will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
OtunbaTee:
So no one is going to Royal Roads University here..nawa ooo

Same with me oo.. no one is going to Algoma University here

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=notkenny post=98252446]On my IRCC portal page, the status is changing from “Application updated” to “Submitted” intermittently. Is anyone.

It happens. I guess you would have to wait it out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
Rootiab:
Good evening everyone. So I did my medicals yesterday and they just called that my result is normal and they would send it. So I'm I to upload anything to ircc to show its mine or they would know

They called you ke!!! I did mine yesterday at qlife, Lagos. No one has called me o.. I hope everything is alright oo.... I don’t want to hear stories ooo because I don Dey wear winter jacket oo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
shawtylil:

Don't be scared!

IT'LL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Elizdee:

They called you ke!!! I did mine yesterday at qlife, Lagos. No one has called me o.. I hope everything is alright oo.... I don’t want to hear stories ooo because I don Dey wear winter jacket oo

No time grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hey Guys!

Let's Expect PPRs and MERs starting 12am tomorrow!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mrkingz: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
Greetings Great Minds!

I have concerns with compressing documents and their eligibility to read;

1. when fully compressed (strong compression using smallPdf pro), figures in my transcript and other recommendation letters/documents appears hard to read!

Question: Am I being overly concerned about this? Is it just ok

If I am the VO reading these docs, that's some extra work the applicant is giving me! I am just abit concerned.

Any comment on this or some other extra thing to do to my docs to make it small and still able to be read without stress, please, kindly offer your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!

@justmellow
@lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hello...have you checked your new message and was it PPR ?

Inestimable61:
Please guys just realized my application Statius changed from submitted to profile updated . Does it have any implication?

Submitted NSE request December 3rd and eligibility review since 4th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Inestimable61: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Celoexpress:
Hello...have you checked your new message and was it PPR ?

It’s not oooo. It NSE request message. Have read it and it’s still showing new
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Deohlarh20:

I replied a similar question to this that my cousin in us is my sponsor ..I submitted her bank statement ,affidavit of sponsorship that she got stamped at the court or so ,pay stubs ,proof of relationship ,her passport ,birth certificate and I also wrote a letter stating how we are related and emphasising her surname alongside my grandmother's own then explained that we communicate regularly then I added pictures

Can I use his US bankstatement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Yes a Sponsor from US can stand as your Sponsor. It makes more sense since you both bear same surname & much more interesting if both of you are from same parents

He would need to Proof how related both of you are, he can show this via
- Birth Certificate
- Family picture
- Pictures of you & brother when both of you where much younger & Pictures of both of you now (Adults)
and some other documents needed to show together with his proof of funds etc.

Will I be able to use his US bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
Chukwubuikexo:
Using your brother would be stronger than using your uncle. That been said, you can use either, just show convincing proof. Like;
An affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
School tuition payment
Deed of gift

Will I be able to use his US bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 7:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
adeniyi3971:

Can I use his US bankstatement

I used hers so I guess you should also be ..Ask your brother first.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
Elizdee:

yes iom Abuja called me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
deommanuel:
Hey Guys!

My amen is very loud o. Amen.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2021
deommanuel:
Hey Guys!

Amen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyebode11: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
awys:

Canada,UK, Newzealand,USA, Australia are best friends and jolly good fellow they share information so if you don't declare it that you have travelled to the UK they might find out that's part of the Background check and information sharing processes please declare it and be at peace with yourself then pray about it!!!.You can explain in the LOE what happened and if it's no fault of yours then they might not use it against you at time's saying the truth and declare it as it is works in one's favour but most importantly ask God to take control!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
Inestimable61:

It’s not oooo. It NSE request message. Have read it and it’s still showing new
I thought you said they requested it already and you submitted in December are they Re-requesting it again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
adeniyi3971:

Will I be able to use his US bank statement
Yes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oghogho1313: 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:

1) It is not mandatory for you to write IELTS if it's the regular channel of Canada Study Visa Application you want to follow (15 weeks Processing time),
but
if you want your Application to be processed via the NSE route (20 days Processing time), IELTS is Mandatory, and you must have the required band score.

2) It is not mandatory for you to reapply through NSE, the choice is yours

Either you reapply via the,

Regular Channel (presently 15 weeks)

or

NSE route (20 days Processing time)

By the way, you would find the contents in the link below helpful

Common Refusal Reasons And How To Tackle Them
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89356538

Hi Bro,

I applied late Nov along with IELTS & MyBank Statements off the bat. I did not get an NSE request(perhaps as I have already applied with both documents upfront along with medicals as this was my second application).

My eligibility review has been on for 3 weeks or thereabout. Would it make sense to send both IELTS & MyBank Statements again, this time via webform or email and ask that the application should go through NSE route? Its been more than the 20 days processing time.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Amen!!! It will end in praise for all of us in waiting

deommanuel:
Hey Guys!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
deommanuel:
Hey Guys!

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Makitoperor: 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
So I was refused based on this reason
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
What can I do to address this issue when reapplying??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oluwayemisi0507: 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hello all,

I am asking for a friend.

Can a business Administration B.Sc graduate apply for M.Sc Public Administration in Canada.

Does it look like a deviation? Or does it correlate?

The explanation is based on humanitarian works he does e.g organising foods, clothes for children and teenagers.
He does not have any CAC document to back this up though.

Thank you as you reply me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
Oluwayemisi0507:
Hello all,

I am asking for a friend.

Can a business Administration B.Sc graduate apply for M.Sc Public Administration in Canada.

Does it look like a deviation? Or does it correlate?

The explanation is based on humanitarian works he does e.g organising foods, clothes for children and teenagers.
He does not have any CAC document to back this up though.

Thank you as you reply me.

I think you can back up purpose of visit with undergraduate degree that’s similar or work experience

Using this criteria , I would advice that you tell your friend to choose another course that’s related to business administration because all these humanitarian works are just social services he can use to back up his home tie but definitely not for occupation

Although anything is possible but am being realistic with you here

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Wow! This is the first time seeing a VO statement specifically saying someone didn't have international travel history as one of the reasons for refusals. Applications are indeed differently treated. Several people applied with VIRGIN passports and such was never a concern. Its really crazy how unpredictable the VOs can be.

I think the main issue here was your finance. Improve that and make sure the re-application is as tight as before, you should be god with God on your side.

Ire oh! It shall end in praises.

RichieJayy:
Good day to everyone in the house and special greetings to those contributing highly to see others successfully getting their TRV. I am learning a lot after my first refusal...I’m a silent reader on this platform. I was refused Study Permit in September 2020 due to purpose of visit and financial reasons. I already got my gcms note.

I want reapply, my questions is,

1. Is it now mandatory we all have to write IELTS?

2. Is mandatory we all go through the NSE route?

I asked because I haven’t written IELTS before and with the nature of my job it’ll be hard to write it now..And I will appreciate a lot if someone can help me review my LOE/SOP to see if I tackled all necessary issues highlighted from my previous refusal..Thanks!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58