Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1172019 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:15pm On May 09, 2020
SetZ:
Hi beautiful ladies and gents please I am faced with a dilemma OK a very close brother of mine applied for study permit same as me around February but has not gotten any response from the embassy I have asked him to send mails but the real issue has to do with the fact that his admission was for may 1st he has been trying to defer but the process seams too slow and proving abortive due to covid issue please need advice on what we can do next

Plz would really need an urgent and nice response thanks

Your friend should call the school since they seem not to be acknowledging his email. The visa officer might request for an updated LOA prior to a visa is issued.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 2:02pm On May 09, 2020
Faith243:

Please i received BVL on the 24th of April without medicals and up till date i haven't received any update yet. Please is there anyone one with similar situation?

Yes, there are a lot here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 2:10pm On May 09, 2020
Is it my University degree certificate that would stand in for degree awarded. Please can any any previous mun applicant help with that

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by prettydiana4: 2:22pm On May 09, 2020
Yes, I'm in a similar situation, just that BVL was 21st

Please i received BVL on the 24th of April without medicals and up till date i haven't received any update yet. Please is there anyone one with similar situation?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 2:47pm On May 09, 2020
Thank you very much the link

Kindly guide me on how to apply online. I've gone from IRCC website to study online tab and even registered GCKey but it keeps taking me round and round. Could it be network or I'm using the wrong route

Lekiboboe:

How to tackle common reasons for denial

https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/198#41016878

COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL.

https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/37#34799073

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ezenwaobinna: 2:49pm On May 09, 2020
My passport is with the Nigerian immigration for renewal,can i use the bio data page of the expired one to apply for a canadian study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 2:57pm On May 09, 2020
Good afternoon house

Please a friend of mine have finished her Bsc and Msc. in Architecture but she graduated with 2:2 and with that can't get an admission in masters....
so she decided to apply for another Bsc. On Environmental science with her waec which she was giving admission to University of manitoba

And she finished wrote her WAEC in 2011,

Please how can she explain the gap to the VO ?

or Rather advice is needed here for her ,please very urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 3:04pm On May 09, 2020
She can apply for a Masters Degree with 2:1 but a less competitive uni is advisable.

Chukwuemeka101:
Good afternoon house

Please a friend of mine have finished her Bsc and Msc. in Architecture but she graduated with 2:1 and with that can't get an admission in masters....
so she decided to apply for another Bsc. On Environmental science with her waec which she was giving admission to University of manitoba

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jasiro: 3:06pm On May 09, 2020
Securing a job offer is almost impossible from Nigeria. Beware of any compensated agents or consultants that will guarantee you a job offer in Canada. As a matter of fact, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic most companies in Canada are not recruiting foreign workers instead some employers are laying off workers as a result of decreased business capitalization.

Your viable option to emigrate successfully to Canada is to apply for the study permit (which is the most expensive route) or through the express entry (federal skilled workers program).

It will end in praise

Please, could you throw more light on the federal skilled workers program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jasiro: 3:09pm On May 09, 2020
Please could you throw more light on the federal skill workers program?
Frankrobbn1:

Securing a job offer is almost impossible from Nigeria. Beware of any compensated agents or consultants that will guarantee you a job offer in Canada. As a matter of fact, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic most companies in Canada are not recruiting foreign workers instead some employers are laying off workers as a result of decreased business capitalization.

Your viable option to emigrate successfully to Canada is to apply for the study permit (which is the most expensive route) or through the express entry (federal skilled workers program).

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 3:13pm On May 09, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:
She can apply for a Masters Degree with 2:1 but a less competitive uni is advisable.

Alright thanks, i appreciate your quick response

Please can i get a list of some uni because at this time, we don't know any less competitive uni....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Zika123: 4:18pm On May 09, 2020
Sorry to ask, what if I want to come see my sick mum?
Naijaforeigner:

Don't be sorry for asking questions bro.

That's all lies. Many international students travel back to their country once they are done with their program. On completion of your program, PGWP application takes 3 -4 months. So many students spend that time in their country to chill and then come back to Canada close to when their PGWP will be ready and it has no -ve effect on your PR. The most important thing is for your visa to be valid upon return to Canada.

While having your programs, you are also allowed to travel. I travelled to USA last year and yes I will be in Nigeria towards the end of the year when it is very safe to travel. Lots of international students go to USA for summer/spring breaks.

However, don't leave Canada to Nigeria while still a student except you have a very good reason. Those immigration officials at POE will ask you funny questions when returning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 4:21pm On May 09, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:

Sorry i mean 2.2 not 2.1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:48pm On May 09, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:
Good afternoon house

Please a friend of mine have finished her Bsc and Msc. in Architecture but she graduated with 2:2 and with that can't get an admission in masters....

With a 2.2, she can't get admitted for a masters..

a Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) or Post Graduate Certificate (PGC) from any college or University in a course related to her ARCHITECTURE Undergraduate degree is what she should go for....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 4:48pm On May 09, 2020
Zika123:
Sorry to ask, what if I want to come see my sick mum?

Are you in Canada?

You can travel during school scheduled breaks.

If you need to quickly travel to see your sick mum during school session, you need to get a letter from your program coordinator or international office. Just incase those officials at POE wants to act funny.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 5:03pm On May 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:

With a 2.2, she can't get admitted for a masters..

a Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) or Post Graduate Certificate (PGC) from any college or University in a course related to her ARCHITECTURE Undergraduate degree is what she should go for....

Alright thank you very much ,I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by GucciOluwa: 5:06pm On May 09, 2020
oyinlove15:
Hello,

Please what course did apply for at Saint Mary university and were you required to send your official transcript from school.

Masters in Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Yes, the official transcript was sent from my school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Joneyd: 5:13pm On May 09, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I also wanna apply for Brandon University, Brandon Manitoba, I would be applying for a business course for a degree programs I haven't started anything yet, I don't know how to go about it and also I 've mymya spouse in Canada who's a citizen who will be my sponsor. Please what's th first thing/step I need to take. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:31pm On May 09, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Alright thank you very much ,I appreciate
U can tell her to check out a One Year Post Graduate Certificate in Green Architecture at Algonquin College, Southern Ontario,(that's if she's interested in it)

Application is presently open for Fall (September) 2020 intake

https://www.algonquincollege.com/acce/program/green-architecture/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 5:31pm On May 09, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Is it my University degree certificate that would stand in for degree awarded. Please can any any previous mun applicant help with that

If it is stated on your transcript 'Bachelor degree awarded' , when they receive your transcript, they will thick the box for transcript and degree confirmation.

But if it's not stated, then your school might need to send a scanned copy of ur cert or an official letter saying after completion of your program, bachelor of science or whatever degree was awarded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 5:57pm On May 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U can tell her to check out a One Year Post Graduate Certificate in Green Architecture at Algonquin College, Southern Ontario,(that's if she's interested in it)

Application is presently open for Fall (September) 2020 intake

https://www.algonquincollege.com/acce/program/green-architecture/

Ok thanks, let me inform her ..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Coachatm10(m): 6:02pm On May 09, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Your friend should call the school since they seem not to be acknowledging his email. The visa officer might request for an updated LOA prior to a visa is issued.

It will end in praise

Good evening Sir/Ma,
Many thanks for creating this topic, God almighty will reward you all.

Someone sent this link to me yesterday.

I was just offered admission for a MA Recreation and Leisure Studies (coursework) in the Faculty of Art, University of Waterloo for Fall 2020. And my letter of acceptance has been sent to me.

The next step : Visa application

My programme is self funding and my Uncle living and working in the United States is my sponsor right from my first degree years.
Now, Pls, do I need to pay part of the tuition fee here in Nigeria or if my sponsor can provide me necessary financial statements that can cover my tuition fees and study expenses, can I submit those documents during the visa application here in Nigeria and pay when i get to Canada?

Also, How do I go about the online Canadian student permit and what are the documents required.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you guys as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Alabi Tolulope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:23pm On May 09, 2020
Coachatm10:

Good evening Sir/Ma,
Many thanks for creating this topic, God almighty will reward you all.

Someone sent this link to me yesterday.

I was just offered admission for a MA Recreation and Leisure Studies (coursework) in the Faculty of Art, University of Waterloo for Fall 2020. And my letter of acceptance has been sent to me.

The next step : Visa application

My programme is self funding and my Uncle living and working in the United States is my sponsor right from my first degree years.
Now, Pls, do I need to pay part of the tuition fee here in Nigeria or if my sponsor can provide me necessary financial statements that can cover my tuition fees and study expenses, can I submit those documents during the visa application here in Nigeria and pay when i get to Canada?

Also, How do I go about the online Canadian student permit and what are the documents required.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you guys as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Alabi Tolulope.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Watch the Following YouTube Videos for CANADA STUDY PERMIT GUILDLINES and APPLICATION PROCESS..

How to apply for a study visa to Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTJUbhkFes

CANADIAN STUDENT VISA APPLICATION - STEP-BY-STEP Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omsFzVJgUGs

How to apply Canada Study Permit Online Step by Step full information form filling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFKCWtJfZO8

HOW TO APPLY FOR A CANADIAN STUDENT VISA IN NIGERIA + TIPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVpsILmkBdo

IMM1294e Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_c25Wh2FJw

Note: Most Videos here are based on other Foreigners e.g Jamaican, Indian going to Canada to Study and note that every Country has her own Document Checklist for Travelling to Canada to Study.., So the Videos will jz be a guide for u..

So since most applicants here in the FORUM are NIGERIANS, make sure u ask questions based on a NIGERIAN applying to study in CANADA

Just make sure u ask questions in d forum and share ur profile (documents) when u are on the verge of submitting so as it to know if u are good to go or there are somethings u need to add or remove[b][/b]

Good luck..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 09, 2020
@Lekiboboe, kindly check your e-mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Coachatm10(m): 7:20pm On May 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Watch the Following YouTube Videos for CANADA STUDY PERMIT GUILDLINES and APPLICATION PROCESS..

How to apply for a study visa to Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTJUbhkFes

CANADIAN STUDENT VISA APPLICATION - STEP-BY-STEP Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omsFzVJgUGs

How to apply Canada Study Permit Online Step by Step full information form filling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFKCWtJfZO8

HOW TO APPLY FOR A CANADIAN STUDENT VISA IN NIGERIA + TIPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVpsILmkBdo

IMM1294e Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_c25Wh2FJw

Note: Most Videos here are based on other Foreigners e.g Jamaican, Indian going to Canada to Study and note that every Country has her own Document Checklist for Travelling to Canada to Study.., So the Videos will jz be a guide for u..

So since most applicants here in the FORUM are NIGERIANS, make sure u ask questions based on a NIGERIAN applying to study in CANADA

Just make sure u ask questions in d forum and share ur profile (documents) when u are on the verge of submitting so as it to know if u are good to go or there are somethings u need to add or remove[b][/b]

Good luck..

Dear Lekiboboe,
I really appreciate you.
I have saved that page concerning the documents needed.

Please, i still don't understand that tuition fee aspect.
Since my uncle is the sponsoring me, do i need to pay part of the tuition fee here in Nigeria or the proof of financial support that will cover both my tuition fees and other expenses will be enough to submit for the visa application sir?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:55pm On May 09, 2020
Coachatm10:

Dear Lekiboboe,
I really appreciate you.
I have saved that page concerning the documents needed.

Please, i still don't understand that tuition fee aspect.
Since my uncle is the sponsoring me, do i need to pay part of the tuition fee here in Nigeria or the proof of financial support that will cover both my tuition fees and other expenses will be enough to submit for the visa application sir?
Well it depends on how related ur Uncle is to u, if u bear the same surname, that will be doep..
In a way to show commitment, he needs to either pay part of the tuition fee or pay it in full ( try to know the refund policy of the school).

He can pay the tuition fee in U.S.(that will even be more better than paying in Naira i.e Paying in Nigeria due to fluctuating exchange rates of Dollar to Naira)

If he pays the Tuition fee, then in the Proof Funds u only need to show the funds available for ur living expenses.($10,000CAD minimum)and also show reasonable amount of funds to take care of himself ,his family and probably if he has a business[b].I stand to be corrected[/b]

Ur uncle will need to Write a Letter of Sponsorship for u

And also AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT from a COURT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 8:04pm On May 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Well it depends on how related ur Uncle is to u, if u bear the same surname, that will be doep..
In a way to show commitment, he needs to either pay part of the tuition fee or pay it in full ( try to know the refund policy of the school).

He can pay the tuition fee in U.S.(that will even be more better than paying in Naira i.e Paying in Nigeria due to fluctuating exchange rates of Dollar to Naira)

If he pays the Tuition fee, then in the Proof Funds u only need to show the funds available for ur living expenses.($10,000CAD minimum)and also show reasonable amount of funds to take care of himself ,his family and probably if he has a business[b].I stand to be corrected[/b]

Ur uncle will need to Write a Letter of Sponsorship for u

And also AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT from a COURT

Hi, If it's my dad that is sponsoring me, do I need affidavit of support too?..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:05pm On May 09, 2020
Legacyedition:

Hi, If it's my dad that is sponsoring me, do I need affidavit of support too?..
Yes...ooo

Affidavit of Support and Letter Of Sponsorship..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 8:21pm On May 09, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

What's your little sister's grade in English language (WAEC certificate). The university of Winnipeg doesn't require any english proficiency test for undergraduate studies if she has A1, B, or C grade in english language.

It will end in praise
Ameen ,
thanks for your response, really appreciate, it's really getting frustrating now ... she had C4 in English language and C6 in English literature . The school is also requesting for course outline and transcript but the issue is that we have declare that she just got admission into a university here in Nigeria and now has never completed her first semester and as a result, she doesn't have any transcript because of this reason and the school has insisted that we should send her course outline and transcript . please how will she /we overcome this , please house attend to my request, please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 8:34pm On May 09, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Okay. Good enough. Hope she informed the school before sending.

Always communicate with the school.
No please , she didn't informed the school because we taught memorial University doesn't require test of English proficiency and memorial University just her this link for test of English https://englishtest.duolingo.com/home please has anyone done this and how easy is it ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.