Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857410 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2021
TeeMade:
As hard as it is to type, this was thesame refusal letter I received yesterday too and mine even has family ties in Canada and in my home country. Ordering my gcms note already. .

So sorry about your Refusal ma'am, your GCMS Notes would be the eye opener to your refusal reasons.

All will be well miraculously in your re-application.

Stay Blessed ma'am

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
OtunbaTee:

After reading this. I sighed a little and concluded that, there's no perfect application. Cos to be honest with you, my course: computer science n I graduated 2011, and I'm now going for global management course with a 2.2 , now tell me theres no God. All I believe is what God cant do doesn't exist.

Whenever u want to apply again..just hand it over to God and remind Him of His promises. What He cant do doesn't exist..
It will surely end in praise..

So sorry.. My application was nothing close to his ad God showed up... Like Otunba said, just hand everything to God to cancel every negativity on your application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YemmyPOG: 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
U deserve all the congratulations. I can't even imagine the mental turmoil u will have endured.. I am so happy for u. it has ended in praise . Go to Canada and prosper in Jesus name..
owolabia:
NEVER GIVE UP APPROVAL

Alhamdulilah Robil Alamin
VISA APPROVED TODAY AFTER 1YEAR ➖ 30DAYS

MY TIMELINE LOADING

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
owolabia:
NEVER GIVE UP APPROVAL

MY TIMELINE LOADING
congrats

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 5:27pm On Jan 25, 2021
TeeMade:
As hard as it is to type, this was thesame refusal letter I received yesterday too and mine even has family ties in Canada and in my home country. Ordering my gcms note already. One question though, what are your thoughts on notes from CBSA

My SOP was detailed, well I'll leave that to the gurus to scrutinize now

Purpose: Studied Philosophy, I have always worked in the business field with experience in sales and marketing, customer care and been working in the role of a Business Development Manager for the past 6years. This role is titled as Account Manager or Key Account Manager in the Telco industry. The course I applied for is a 1year MBA with a specialization in Professional Sales and Business Development. I ensured to describe my job role clearly cos in the 1st refusal, the VO commented on the gcms note that I am an accountant Manager going to study MBA. He got my job role wrong but even at that, can't an accountant study MBA

Personal Assets & Financial Status: I submitted POF of over a 100k CAD which includes local and foreign stocks, other investments and savings too from individual and joint accounts. My hubby is my sponsor and he wrote a letter to that effect and included letter from his employer, pay stubs, SOA etc. For NSE I submitted over 30k CAD using MBS.

Qualifications & Co.: I submitted my degree certificate, NYSC certificate, all employment history from graduation to date including letters of promotion and salary increase, business card, staff ID and all. I stated details about how the Biz Development role is in high demand in Nigeria, plus my international degree and experience I'll be highly sought after. I stated career available career opportunities upon my return, career progression by stating the job role/cadre I'll be able to work in upon my return to Nigeria and my aspired roles up to C-level roles including the salary range for each of the roles and how my Int'l degree will rightly position me for these opportunities all the way to the top of my career ladder which is my goal. I also submitted IELTS result.

I added how my achievements are intended to make positive impact in my country.

Family ties in Canada and back home: I have no relatives in Canada but all my family members are here including my husband and daughter and none of them is to accompany me to Canada. I included birth certificates, wedding pictures, affidavit of change of name, newspaper change of name, M-certificate, pictures of my nuclear family, pictures at work & all. Just added a few pictures cos of document size.

Other documents submitted are travel history for spouse and I, police certificate, affidavit of facts (which states that all information and documents provided in my application are true and accurate and that I'll depart Canada after my studies & not remain there unlawfully), LOE to address the initial refusal which was only based on purpose of visit and I emphasized my reasons for coming back home here. My daughter's American birth certificate and zero balance letter were included too cos In had to show proof that she's truly my daughter.

I honestly don't know what else I should have said or added but one thing I do know is that the VO commented on the first gcms note about the fact that my US visa renewal was refused after I had a baby there on tourist visa. So I tackled this by showing my email correspondence with the US embassy about my change of intention from tourist (of which i already visited and returned) to a medical visit to have my baby there. I did all they instructed in their mail and I was lawfully admitted into the US for the purpose of having my baby so I didn't do anything illegal or acted without integrity. This was clear.

I cannot help but feel like they just have a preconceived notion that having a baby is most likely my reason for coming to Canada but using study route. Meanwhile, I truly want to study oh which was why I stated all other schools I considered in Canada before choosing UNB and stated my reasons for that. I even included that I had secured admission in 2 schools in UK but I chose Canada becuase of the specialization of the course which is directly related to my career path. It was all just to show that studying was super key and I did my research before choosing a course, a school and a country. I await my gcms note though before knowing my next line of action. I honestly feel like I should just appeal but fingers crossed for now.

To all the gurus in the house @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Chocs and all others, your review and analysis are greatly required. Make una advise biko.

@awys, your funny comments maybe consoling at this time @deomanuel, keep those scriptures coming make I add to the ones wey I don sabi @OtunbaTee, keep the prophetic declarations flowing abeg @Silvamania, thanks for all the encouragement. Not giving up, just standing by for now till my notes arrive.

It will end in praise for us all...

Sorry about the refusal, this is really tough to take, I don't know what more they want from you. This Canada study permit is God's Grace

Order your gcms and reapply , it is quite sad more so that you have started lecture.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 5:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
owolabia:
NEVER GIVE UP APPROVAL

MY TIMELINE LOADING

Wow!!!! Congrats... I was waiting foyoyr goodnews

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
oyibo4real:
Please just to be sure, am I supposed to submit my son's application using my CIC account or I should open another account for him?

I submitted mine yesterday and he's accompanying me. What to do..

You should apply through your account. You would get the updates on his application in your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
TeeMade:
Thanks sis @ Mideyo234.

Me sef I tire oh, the first application that was not even detailed had just one reason for refusal and the detailed one has 4, lol. Things that only IRCC can do, it is well.

Yeah, appealing is a strong option to avoid serial refusals cos I honestly cant think of any other info or document to add again.

There is nothing to add to your reapplication other than letter of explanation to tackle whatever reasons they gave for the refusal after you received your gcms. You will be surprised how fast you next application will get approval

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2021
YemmyPOG:
U deserve all the congratulations. I can't even imagine the mental turmoil u will have endured.. I am so happy for u. it has ended in praise . Go to Canada and prosper in Jesus name..

Amen. Thanks. Wish you thesame
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 5:42pm On Jan 25, 2021
Please is this fee for a year ? The annual total fee for two term for nursing in university of Calgary. Please Help thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
TeeMade:
As hard as it is to type, this was thesame refusal letter I received yesterday too and mine even has family ties in Canada and in my home country. Ordering my gcms note already. One question though, what are your thoughts on notes from CBSA

My SOP was detailed, well I'll leave that to the gurus to scrutinize now

Purpose: Studied Philosophy, I have always worked in the business field with experience in sales and marketing, customer care and been working in the role of a Business Development Manager for the past 6years. This role is titled as Account Manager or Key Account Manager in the Telco industry. The course I applied for is a 1year MBA with a specialization in Professional Sales and Business Development. I ensured to describe my job role clearly cos in the 1st refusal, the VO commented on the gcms note that I am an accountant Manager going to study MBA. He got my job role wrong but even at that, can't an accountant study MBA

Personal Assets & Financial Status: I submitted POF of over a 100k CAD which includes local and foreign stocks, other investments and savings too from individual and joint accounts. My hubby is my sponsor and he wrote a letter to that effect and included letter from his employer, pay stubs, SOA etc. For NSE I submitted over 30k CAD using MBS.

Qualifications & Co.: I submitted my degree certificate, NYSC certificate, all employment history from graduation to date including letters of promotion and salary increase, business card, staff ID and all. I stated details about how the Biz Development role is in high demand in Nigeria, plus my international degree and experience I'll be highly sought after. I stated career available career opportunities upon my return, career progression by stating the job role/cadre I'll be able to work in upon my return to Nigeria and my aspired roles up to C-level roles including the salary range for each of the roles and how my Int'l degree will rightly position me for these opportunities all the way to the top of my career ladder which is my goal. I also submitted IELTS result.

I added how my achievements are intended to make positive impact in my country.

Family ties in Canada and back home: I have no relatives in Canada but all my family members are here including my husband and daughter and none of them is to accompany me to Canada. I included birth certificates, wedding pictures, affidavit of change of name, newspaper change of name, M-certificate, pictures of my nuclear family, pictures at work & all. Just added a few pictures cos of document size.

Other documents submitted are travel history for spouse and I, police certificate, affidavit of facts (which states that all information and documents provided in my application are true and accurate and that I'll depart Canada after my studies & not remain there unlawfully), LOE to address the initial refusal which was only based on purpose of visit and I emphasized my reasons for coming back home here. My daughter's American birth certificate and zero balance letter were included too cos In had to show proof that she's truly my daughter.

I honestly don't know what else I should have said or added but one thing I do know is that the VO commented on the first gcms note about the fact that my US visa renewal was refused after I had a baby there on tourist visa. So I tackled this by showing my email correspondence with the US embassy about my change of intention from tourist (of which i already visited and returned) to a medical visit to have my baby there. I did all they instructed in their mail and I was lawfully admitted into the US for the purpose of having my baby so I didn't do anything illegal or acted without integrity. This was clear.

I cannot help but feel like they just have a preconceived notion that having a baby is most likely my reason for coming to Canada but using study route. Meanwhile, I truly want to study oh which was why I stated all other schools I considered in Canada before choosing UNB and stated my reasons for that. I even included that I had secured admission in 2 schools in UK but I chose Canada becuase of the specialization of the course which is directly related to my career path. It was all just to show that studying was super key and I did my research before choosing a course, a school and a country. I await my gcms note though before knowing my next line of action. I honestly feel like I should just appeal but fingers crossed for now.

To all the gurus in the house @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Chocs and all others, your review and analysis are greatly required. Make una advise biko.

@awys, your funny comments maybe consoling at this time @deomanuel, keep those scriptures coming make I add to the ones wey I don sabi @OtunbaTee, keep the prophetic declarations flowing abeg @Silvamania, thanks for all the encouragement. Not giving up, just standing by for now till my notes arrive.

Hello TeeMade,

When you told me this news . I was so sad because I understand the effort and sacrifice one puts into this application. It’s not easy

Your application is far better than mine . That begs the question of how this VOs reason. It takes the supernatural work of the almighty .

I will suggest you wait for the gcms notes to come out and let’s see what happens. You can as well send the LOE for review and let’s see what we missed.

Please don’t give up ,I can’t imagine how hard it will be to apply again but just do it for the good life and extra benefits that comes with it

Like I said earlier, that Saint John , New Brunswick for Canada. We go rock am together by his grace

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2021
ditha:
Money? I didn't spend a dime.

Full-ride scholarship dear
Hi ditha,

Trust you are doing great ?

Based on your experience , how can an applicant who got a Fully-funded Scholarship from a University in Canada show Proof of funds?

What are the potential documents needed that is distinct from an Applicant with a Sponsor?

Thanks for your Time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2021
owolabia:
NEVER GIVE UP APPROVAL

MY TIMELINE LOADING

Oti ja s’ope. Wow. I doff my hat for you.

5 months person dey cry not to talk of 1yr.

PHD in the school of patience.

Congratulations and all the very very verb best ahead.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2021
PLEASE CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ANY CHEAP CANADIAN UNIVERSITY FOR A BSC PROGRAM IN NURISNG ..PLEASE AND PREFERABLY THE ONE THAT WAIVE IELTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ditha(f): 6:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
In my case, when I got the NSE request, i told my scholarship sponsors and requested for their bank statement,lol, instead they wrote out a letter of explanation for me to upload in the place of POF where they explained how established the scholarship is and details of its coverage.

I think the applicant should discuss with the school and see if they can provide some sort of evidence

Lekiboboe:

Hi ditha,

Trust you are doing great ?

Based on your experience , how can an applicant who got a Fully-funded Scholarship from a University in Canada show Proof of funds?

What are the potential documents needed that is distinct from an Applicant with a Sponsor?

Thanks for your Time

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
owolabia:
NEVER GIVE UP APPROVAL

MY TIMELINE LOADING

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
ALHAMDULILAH ROBIL ALAMIN

Visa Approved after 1yr minus 30days

My Full Timeline

Admission received: Oct 15, 2019
School: University of Windsor, Ontario
Program : Master of Civil Engineering
Application Type : Paper
Application Submitted : Feb 25, 2020 (passport submitted and biometrics done) with a single page � of SOP.
Covid 19 Started and May 2020 Classes not hold

New LOA Request : Sept 10, 2020
Medical Request (MER): Sept 10, 2020
AIP received : Sept 10, 2020
New LOA for Winter 2021 uploaded on GCkey account : Sept 12, 2020
Medicals: Sept 16, 2020, at Qlife family clinic
MER Passed: Sept 19th, 2020

About 15 Ghost updates received

BVL: Jan 20, 2021

Wedding Done : January 23, 2021

3days after �

Final Decision updated to Approved : Jan 25, 2021

Waiting for Passport with visa to Land

It has ended in praise.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2021
I didn't use a phone oh

It is laptop and yet, it didnt open.

Pls I need help

awys:

If you are trying to open it on a phone it will never open even if you download ADOBE 11 download it on a laptop or system that's where it would work and download that's how the Application forms for Canada works as they are protected with high security features!!!.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Makitoperor: 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2021
Please how do I get request For a gcms Note?? Pls can someone help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YemmyPOG: 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2021
When you click on IRCC link for the imm-forms, on the page that pops up, check the top navigation bar, there is a download sign there. Click on it .. minimise the page and then go to your downloads or documents , look for the imm-form from the file list, right click on it so the
drop-down list can pop up and choose " open with Adobe" option .
NOTE: Adobe has to be an updated version(atleast 10).
elizyous:
I didn't use a phone oh

It is laptop and yet, it didnt open.

Pls I need help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YemmyPOG: 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
U must cook better isi-ewu or nkwobi for our Nairaland wife this night o ��. She carry better annointing for head.. Congrats again

owolabia:

My Full Timeline

Admission received: Oct 15, 2020
Application Submitted : Feb 25, 2020 (passport submitted and biometrics done)

3days after �

It has ended in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
ditha:
In my case, when I got the NSE request, i told my scholarship sponsors and requested for their bank statement,lol, instead they wrote out a letter of explanation for me to upload in the place of POF where they explained how established the scholarship is and details of its coverage.

I think the applicant should discuss with the school and see if they can provide some sort of evidence

Thanks for the information , well appreciated, would relay the info to the applicant

Lastly,

I know there are different kinds of scholarships, but in this context of Canada Fully-funded Scholarship, would the applicant need to show the conventional required Living Expenses or the fullyfunded Scholarship covers all?

Just asking all of this so the applicant would be on a safer side

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YemmyPOG: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2021
owolabia:

My Full Timeline

3days after �

It has ended in praise.

The bolded cracked me up no time bro two congratulations are in order bro!!!Two Gbosas for you.Oluwaseun!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
owolabia:

My Full Timeline

3days after �

It has ended in praise.

Ehn!!!!! Alhaji! Alhaji! Alhaji! cheesy

This is so so fantabolous,

From Wedding to PPR, BOMBACLAT!!!!!!!,

God had everything mapped out for you,
when he comes late, he comes in an unusual way in which no human can phantom

IDUNU SUBU LU AYO wink

EKU ORIRE NAA

Shine on Hon. Owolabi

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
silvamania:

Hello TeeMade,

When you told me this news . I was so sad because I understand the effort and sacrifice one puts into this application. It’s not easy

Your application is far better than mine . That begs the question of how this VOs reason. It takes the supernatural work of the almighty .

I will suggest you wait for the gcms notes to come out and let’s see what happens. You can as well send the LOE for review and let’s see what we missed.

Please don’t give up ,I can’t imagine how hard it will be to apply again but just do it for the good life and extra benefits that comes with it

Like I said earlier, that Saint John , New Brunswick for Canada. We go rock am together by his grace

All the best
It's well

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Ehn!!!!! Alhaji! Alhaji! Alhaji! cheesy

This is so so fantabolous,

From Wedding to PPR, BOMBACLAT!!!!!!!,

God had everything mapped out for you,
when he comes late, he comes in an unusual way in which no human can phantom

IDUNU SUBU LU AYO wink

EKU ORIRE NAA

Shine on Hon. Owolabi
Exactly bro!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wasd4luv(m): 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2021
The appointment letter is just one page. I don’t understand what you meant by all pages
olabisi6438:

The biometrics letter in your mail print it out.
The appointment letter print it out (all pages) all in colored.
2copies of data page intl passprt.
Go with your pen, nosemask and small sanitizer(for personal use)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by notkenny: 6:54pm On Jan 25, 2021
HI @JustMellow Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me.

A few things:

1. You said I should have my sponsor transfer my "LE" to me. What's LE?

2. I paid half of my estimated fees before application but I will be sure to complete payment for a whole year before re-applying.

3. Can my sponsor transfer 10,000 to me for living costs before reapplying and does this have to be a gift of deed or simply just reflect in her account?

4. My salary is not a lot as I'm still a junior engineer so maybe that's the reason for the personal & financial assets point. what can I do to fix this?

5. I have 3 and half years between my undergrad graduation and now.

I'm doing my best to learn more and read all the threads before reapplying. Thank you everyone.

JustMellow:

Hello Notkenny,

Since there is progression in your study, I will try to share brief opinion pending the arrival of the notes.

You're using a third party sponsor (uncle). There shouls be somewhat commitment to show. If you didn't make payment or any deposit for your tuition, do so this time using your sponsor's account. Ensure the transaction carry a narrative and reflects on the BS intended for the sponsorship intent.

Depending on your available budget, try to make a full tuition payment (or half of it). GIC is becoming a norm amongst applicants from Nigeria, make an inquiry from CIBC or Scotia Bank on the possibility or how to go about this. If you intend to so it old school, have your sponsor transfer your LE to you.

Personal assets and financial status can be easily tackled by including Payslips if you previously included all employment documents and BS. A poor inflow and unexplained lumpsum can also be a contributive reason for personal assets and financial status, as its not necessarily about having landed properties.

If you can simply demonstrate how economically established you are in CoR using your employment ties or good employment prospect, you could sail through.

On some few occasion, personal assets and financial status could also be traced to one's sponsor maybe due to the failure to demonstrate how well-established, source of funds, family composition, financial strength, purpose of sponsorship etc.

Reiterating, since there is study progression, you may want to revisit your study plan and have it revamped.

Ultimately, if there is a study gap between your previous study and work experience, preferably, I will be of the opinion to the latter except otherwise—maybe being a fresh graduate with no or little work experience.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Graced08(f): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hello House!!
PPR dropped today!!!
It’s been a long journey of 1 year and almost 2months.
The Lord is faithful and I judge Him faithful.
Not Student Permit. It’s a Work Permit.
Don’t let me bore you with my very long storyyy.
It will end in Praise for us all.
Pls house how do I send my passport to Abuja.
I couldn’t find the thread. Pls can someone quote me under that post.
Also, I applied with my child, pls should I get different envelopes for the two of us.
One more question, pls what are the requirements, I did my biometrics in Lagos in 2018... does it matter?
Thank you and God bless you.
God that did mine is still doing wonders.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wasd4luv(m): 7:05pm On Jan 25, 2021
Salam owolabi
Can i chat chat you up privately.. got an offer to study MEng-Civil Engineering at University of Windsor too.
owolabia:

My Full Timeline

3days after �

It has ended in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ditha(f): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2021
My scholarship offer letter shows the coverage from flight, to books,feeding, accommodation and stipends, I dont know if other scholarships provide somuch information

Lekiboboe:

Thanks for the information , well appreciated, would relay the info to the applicant

Lastly,

I know there are different kinds of scholarships, but in this context of Canada Fully-funded Scholarship, would the applicant need to show the conventional required Living Expenses or the fullyfunded Scholarship covers all?

Just asking all of this so the applicant would be on a safer side

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89