Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861148 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
ToluDstar:

Guys please help me on this one.

There's no defined Application processing duration.

If you submit your NSE Documents upfront, the only advantage is that your application "may" be processed faster, considering they won't have to ask you for it again.

But even faster can be 3 months or 3 weeks.

You can never be sure.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hello everyone,
Forgive my being naive in advance for this question:

I would like to ask if a new admission letter i.e deferred from January to May which is now stating the mode of study as: ONLINE due to Covid which I understand although it is stated in the new letter that the INCLASS delivery will resume once the government gives guidelines, will this new mode of study affect my application to mean my program is now online just like pursuing online programs that does not require visa,as I will be sending my new admission letter via webform.

Ps: Medical request and AIP received.

I await your kind inputs. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Deommanuel,

...it could also be a system glitch. Usually, at the stage of which your application is being processed, that letter isn't suppose to drop.

The accurate answer lies therein in the notes, if at the date you receive the letter and the correspondence didn't reflect in it, then it will obviously be a system glitch.

This is to the best of my knowledge.

Best of Luck

Thank you @justmellow

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
My 2 cents...Write a convincing story of the bond you have with your family.

If you have an aged parent or grandparents you can prove a bond between them too and state that you will love to come take care of them.

If you parent's have a business or landed properties you can also write a convincing story of how you will love to return to help them monitor things.

You can also try to link your course and future job prospects here in Nigeria. How your course will boost your career and land you very good jobs or help in developing and goals you have.You just have to be convincing.

All these is assuming you don't have any properties or not married but if you do all @Lekiboboe suggested will be perfect.

IT WILL END IN PRAISE!!!

Aissy:
Good morning everyone
Please how do I proof home ties as I am unemployed and my dad is sponsoring my education, just concluded service last year.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thiwhy(f): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
I’m an hnd holder and I intend to apply for pdg in sept, I have my hnd transcript with me already. Pls do I need my OND transcript to apply for admission or only hnd own is okay? P.S: I did my hnd in a different school.
Secondly, does anyone know any university or college that accept hnd for Pgd course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
Metari:
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask if a new admission letter i.e deferred from January to May which is now stating the mode of study as: ONLINE due to Covid which I understand although it is stated in the new letter that the INCLASS delivery will resume once the government gives guidelines, will this new mode of study affect my application to mean my program is now online just like pursuing online programs that does not require visa,as I will be sending my new admission letter via webform.

When did you apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2021
Debbyiiii:

When did you apply

September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
Thank you all for the wonderful responses, I really appreciate .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
Thiwhy:
I’m an hnd holder and I intend to apply for pdg in sept, I have my hnd transcript with me already. Pls do I need my OND transcript to apply for admission or only hnd own is okay? P.S: I did my hnd in a different school.
Secondly, does anyone know any university or college that accept hnd for Pgd course
To your Second Question,

Colleges accepts HND graduates for PG. Cert programs

Check out the following schools, also google search on the schools (there are loads of them)

PG. Cert in Strategic Global Business Management @ Conestoga College (2 years)
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/strategic-global-business-management

Colleges offering
PG. Cert in Global Business Management
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Global%20Business%20Management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

Colleges offering
PG. Cert in International Business Management
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=International%20Business%20Management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 2:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
deommanuel:

There's no defined Application processing duration.

If you submit your NSE Documents upfront, the only advantage is that your application "may" be processed faster, considering they won't have to ask you for it again.

But even faster can be 3 months or 3 weeks.

You can never be sure.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME
Thank you and amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
Metari:
Hello everyone,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2021
Please can someone shed more light on AIP. What is it? What is it for? If possible, can a copy be posted so that I can see what the letter looks like please? Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Congratulations sis...God has a hand in this and He has done it for you.

Myself and every other person expecting PPR will also testify this week.

Thank you for your constant support.

God bless you.

See you at the top.

awys:
I applied October 12th 2020
NSE request: 7th of December 2020
BVL:2nd of February 2021
PPR Request: 6th of February 2021
Note I requested my GCMS NOTES on the 9th of January 2021 am yet to receive it
My Paddy @[b]OTUNBA
TEE our prophet here thank you so much I know how you have been encouraging me
@Just Mellow you also predicted my approval on 8th of January 2021 you said and I quote"You are thirsty for my approval" and here it is today our 2nd prophet here thank you so much.My story is a long one I had Signs God showed me signs on my application I was just waiting for it to manifest
Chai I fasted and prayed ooo, midnight prayers,my mum's midnight prayers were not in vain!!!
My story is long and unique will share it here later!!![/b]
Delay is not denial

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
Congratulations...exciting way to start the week, did you receive on friday or saturday please, i think they now work on saturdays.

Ijeanwuli:
PPR landed �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hi guys, good day,

I tried to create an account and I was given two options to register GC key. Or sign in partner .Please how do I get GC key? Thats the route that suits me. Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Baphil:
Please can someone shed more light on AIP. What is it? What is it for? If possible, can a copy be posted so that I can see what the letter looks like please? Thank you so much.
AIP is a two-stage approval process that is applied to candidates at all levels of education whose course is starting in the fall semester or earlier and who submit, or have previously submitted a Study permit request online on or before September 15, 2020.

In order to be approved in principle, you need to demonstrate that you have been admitted by a Canadian college or university and you have the financial ability to pay for it. Also, you would be required to submit and approve all the pending documents before being allowed to enter Canada.

Basic Documents Required to get an AIP (Stage 1)
Letter of acceptance (LOA)
Proof of funds
Temporary or permanent status
Family ties to Canada

Documents for the Admissibility Stage (Stage 2)
Immigration medical examination
Security-Police certificates
Biometrics

Find attached a Sample of an AIP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by anungangampu: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lekiboboe:

To your Second Question,

Colleges accepts HND graduates for PG. Cert programs

Check out the following schools, also google search on the schools (there are loads of them)

PG. Cert in Strategic Global Business Management @ Conestoga College (2 years)
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/strategic-global-business-management

Colleges offering
PG. Cert in Global Business Management
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Global%20Business%20Management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

Colleges offering
PG. Cert in International Business Management
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=International%20Business%20Management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
Maygirl953:
Hi guys, good day,

I tried to create an account and I was given two options to register GC key. Or sign in partner .Please how do I get GC key? Thats the route that suits me. Thank you

Hello, if you are just going to create an account: scroll down a little bit below the two options i.e: Gckey and Sign-in partner you will see " don't have an account create" click on it and follow the instructions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
Are you applying for undergraduate course?. Its not required for MSC/PGC.

EyinjuGod:
Good afternoon people, please for those who got admission into Cape Breton University, did you upload your waec serial number and PIN, I could see it as part of the requirement for Nigeria but I can't figure where to include it in my application.

Proposed Course is business analytics
It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Celoexpress:

God bless you.

See you at the top.

Heyyyyy Celoexpress thank you dear I appreciate sure yours will come through by his grace just keep the hope alive and bubbling I see your approval waiting for you!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shawtylil(f): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Good day NairaLand,

I’ve gotten my visa but my passport is set to expire in the next two years. Is it a good idea to quickly get a new one and submit for stamping or it isn’t right. Please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
shawtylil:
Good day NairaLand,

I’ve gotten my visa but my passport is set to expire in the next two years. Is it a good idea to quickly get a new one and submit for stamping or it isn’t right. Please help
Please submit it for stamping you can always renew it within CANADA however you can't renew Passport with 2years validity!!! Unless you want to go through stress of saying it's damaged or stolen but the wahala enhhh nor he here they will say bring police report do this do that and it's only their head office in Abuja that you can do the whole wahala so submit it for stamping the two years is okay if your course is beyond two years you can always apply for study permit extension and the renewal of Passport within CANADA!!!. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2021
shawtylil:
Good day NairaLand,

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EyinjuGod(f): 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
Onweke:
Are you applying for undergraduate course?. Its not required for MSC/PGC.

Graduate post baccalaureate course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RAD01: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
Dear All,
Please how can one raise a webform.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
Amen o!We will receive our own PPR this week

Celoexpress:

God bless you.

See you at the top.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
shawtylil:
Good day NairaLand,

Please Has your passport been returned??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 5:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
Thank you so much for this deatailed explanation.

I want to ask if it is a problem if someone who applied for January admission and is still awaiting PPR to enroll online without this AIP letter. The person applied in October 2020

Lekiboboe:

AIP is a two-stage approval process that is applied to candidates at all levels of education whose course is starting in the fall semester or earlier and who submit, or have previously submitted a Study permit request online on or before September 15, 2020.

In order to be approved in principle, you need to demonstrate that you have been admitted by a Canadian college or university and you have the financial ability to pay for it. Also, you would be required to submit and approve all the pending documents before being allowed to enter Canada.

Basic Documents Required to get an AIP (Stage 1)
Letter of acceptance (LOA)
Proof of funds
Temporary or permanent status
Family ties to Canada

Documents for the Admissibility Stage (Stage 2)
Immigration medical examination
Security-Police certificates
Biometrics

Find attached a Sample of an AIP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
I just checked my portal and I have passed my medicals since 5th and I did on on the second of February

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2021
Debbyiiii:
I just checked my portal and I have passed my medicals since 5th and I did on on the second of February

When did u do your upfront medicals and did you just submit your application??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EyinjuGod(f): 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2021
loffers:

Just followed the handle on IG.

Please how can one reach you

Done

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6