Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (873247 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2021
Teenie19:
I have just submitted my application for May 2021 admission. Congratulations to everyone that got their PPR so far smiley

Timeline to be updated:
Submission date: FEB. 11 2021

Biometrics request received today FEB 12 2021

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mrkingz: 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Mrkingz,

Every submitted documents go through R10 checks where the documents are resorted to make the work easy for the VO.

Not all folks that went through the NSE Stream are successful. Some has been refused whilst majority got positive decision.

The requirement for the POF under NSE is for the account to have a minimum of 30k with transactional history of 12 months.

With the available 75%, I don't think you are likely to face any issues. Most people going through NSE don't even show close to the 30k and besides, the VOs seem not to be abiding to the rules guiding NSE during processing.

Best of Luck

@JustMellow - you have done me well again! Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mrkingz: 8:21pm On Feb 12, 2021
Lekiboboev2:

1) IOMLagosClinicalTeam@iom.int

2) There is no specific timeframe as regards that. It can take days, weeks, a month for it to reflect on your CIC Profile.

Now that you av done your Upfront medicals, it expected of you to send your e-medical SHEET (a long slip given to you at IOM) via Webform & Mail to CIC Nairobi immigration and also send to E-mail address of other Immigration offices.

3) No fixed duration like I said initially, but it shouldn't be more than a Month if its gonna take long

4) Await a response to this question from other members

Please, link to email address of CIC Nairobi immigration and other immigration offices. Planning to do upfront medicals and upload as well.
Many thanks @Lekiboboe Meanwhile, i sent you a private mail Sir..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sacollins123: 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
Good evening gurus, please what is the length of time given for an existing uncompleted study visa application to be completed and submitted
Lets say I start today, how long do I have to complete it and submit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sacollins123:
Good evening gurus, please what is the length of time given for an existing uncompleted study visa application to be completed and submitted

14-35weeks. So nothing is exact or standardised as long as IRCC processing time is concerned
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milkytins(m): 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
My wife's travel exemption request was denied for an Open Work Permit visa.
Please I need a guide on how to tackle this.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by irijuola: 8:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
Please, how do I pay for one way courier of my passport from VFS to my location. Will VFS send me a mail or should I pay for one way courier and send them the receipt? Please help me.
Justmellow
Franrob
Anon123
Others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sacollins123:
You have 60days to finalise and submit if it elapses and you didn't submit you will start all over again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by amii131(f): 8:34pm On Feb 12, 2021
Anon123:

I would advice you defer the admission to September once it drops. No visa processing time as long as its corona invoke runs for just few weeks.

""No visa processing time as long as its corona invoke runs for just few weeks.""
Kindly explain here pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by amii131(f): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
Teenie19:
I have just submitted my application for May 2021 admission. Congratulations to everyone that got their PPR so far smiley

Timeline to be updated:
Submission date: FEB. 11 2021

1.Hello dear did you include ielts result during the visa application.
2.Did you by any means submit any test result regarding Covid test result?

Really don't know will appreciate if you can PM or post list of documents you submitted .

I am a bit worried also applying for May 2021 studies yet to apply my ielts result will be available by March 2021, really don't know to apply by mid March whether it will be late for May 2021 studies just don't want the fall/September term. sad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2021
amii131:

1.Hello dear did you include ielts result during the visa application.
2.Did you by any means submit any test result regarding Covid test result?

Really don't know will appreciate if you can PM or post list of documents you submitted .

I am a bit worried also applying for May 2021 studies yet to apply my ielts result will be available by March 2021, really don't know to apply by mid March whether it will be late for May 2021 studies just don't want the fall/September term. sad
There is nothing like Covid test for visa application and if you really want May 2021 I would advise you submit your application like right now like immediately and you will still do medicals and getting a closer date isn't a joke at all and I would advise you get a date now if you want to do an upfront medicals which is at your discretion to do that don't wait till March it will be too close and you will be pressured when your IELTS is ready you can submit it through webform!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ditha(f): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2021
it will definitely end in praise!

glam12:
Congrats @ditha. I am so happy for you especially because I also experienced how challenging this online study and visa journey has been. It’s been 6 months now from September till now. Whew! I can’t wait to get my passport back and touch down Canada too.
It will end in praise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hi sis, please send me your email address.

Also, Please can anyone help me with the email address of the names mentioned below or can the names below please and please help me with their email address, it's really urgent, please I will really appreciate it.

Good afternoon Mr Justmellow, FrankRobbin, OtunbaTee, and Mr. Lekiboboe, Awys

Please can I have your personal emails where I can reach you privately on. I have some issues I need your advise on and I need to revert to IRCC asap.

Please i'll really appreciate if I can get your email addresses.

Thank you.

awys:

There is nothing like Covid test for visa application and if you really want May 2021 I would advise you submit your application like right now like immediately and you will still do medicals and getting a closer date isn't a joke at all and I would advise you get a date now if you want to do an upfront medicals which is at your discretion to do that don't wait till March it will be too close and you will be pressured when your IELTS is ready you can submit it through webform!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
The sponsor will depend on what is in the account. Do you have up to CAD 30k and above?

It will also help to be more specific in the course and the degree you wish to undertake to help other people learn. However, since you stated it's the same course but in a higher degree and also what you are practicing, I think you are in the right direction and should definitely convince the visa officer.

Wishing you all the best.

7COLOURS:
Thanks Baphil, school resumption date is May 2022.

I will be 41 this year, will it be advisable to use sponsor or present myself as sponsoring myself.

I have two children, mother, brothers and sisters with a building owned by me. Plan is to use my children, siblings and property as home ties.

I currently work, 16 years experience practicing what I studied in school here in Nigeria and about going for same course but higher degree.

Please what are my chances?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
Celoexpress:
Hi sis, please send me your email address.

Also, Please can anyone help me with the email address of the names mentioned below or can the names below please and please help me with their email address, it's really urgent, please I will really appreciate it.

Good afternoon Mr Justmellow, FrankRobbin, OtunbaTee, and Mr. Lekiboboe, Awys

Please can I have your personal emails where I can reach you privately on. I have some issues I need your advise on and I need to revert to IRCC asap.

Please i'll really appreciate if I can get your email addresses.

Thank you.

Why not try and send mails to them through their profiles here, it will prompt them. Then come back here and say you sent messages to them.

Hope you resolve the issue soonest. Don’t worry, it will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2021
Anon123:

What program are u interested in pursuing. Let it be related to your current job experience. E get why

Your close friend being your sponsor is a red flag. I understand the relaiand how he is close to the family but its a red flag and visa officers dont buy it easily. So I advice you move your 1y or 2yrs tuition fee plus 10kcad living expenses into your account and stand as a self-sponsored. I will advice against lump sums being dumped into your account to achieve this as well.

This is the only way your chances could increase.

My 2kobo
Thank you.

I want to go for one/two year MBA(Finance/International Business). I have worked in Insurance/financial sector for 4-5 years now.

I was told to get a birth cert for my mom( making her share the same maiden surname with my sponsor) to make my sponsor my maternal uncle but I declined.
On the issue of self sponsorship, how do I move the expected amount to my account without making it a lump-sum to meet up for September intake?

Also, if using a long standing close family friend as a sponsor is a red flag, could using him as a co-sponsor and myself as main sponsor lighten the weight of the "red flag"?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2021
I greatly appreciate your feedback sir.

I have 15m naira in my account and my school fees is about 5.1m naira. Admission deposit of 700,000 naira will be paid end of March from the 15m.

I have BSc in Business Administration, National Diploma in Business Studies and I intend to do my PGD at Centennial College. Course of study is International Business Management.

I currently have 16 years work experience from different private organizations as Admin/HR Manager.

I'm planning to sponsor myself now without getting a sponsor.

Please what are the documents I should majorly concentrate on getting now before I start my application?

Is it ok to get my police report now? Hope it does not expire? Will my school transcript be addressed to the embassy or my school in Canada?

Should I book for medicals after I submit my application to the embassy or before?

Will appreciate if I get guide on the documents to get ready first before application commences.

Thanks to everyone helping here, God bless you All.

Baphil:
The sponsor will depend on what is the account. Do you have up to CAD 30k and above?

It will also help to be more specific in the course and the degree you wish to undertake to help other people learn. However, since you stated it's the same course but in a higher degree and also what you are practicing, I think you are in the right direction and should definitely convince the visa officer.

Wishing you all the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
Guys, please advise on if one can submit passport in another country after receiving PPR if the person is not in the home country as at that moment.

Thank you so much.

Please how do I send mails to them through their profile here?

Yteem:

Why not try and send mails to them through their profiles here, it will prompt them. Then come back here and say you sent messages to them.

Hope you resolve the issue soonest. Don’t worry, it will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
7COLOURS:
Good morning and many thanks to everyone helping out here. I got my offer letter yesterday from Centennial College. Please is there any WhatsApp group for Centennial students?

My school resumption date is May 2022, when is the best time to apply for visa?

I await your kind feedback

Thank you.

The best time to apply is Now if u must meet up with your May admission.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
milkytins:
My wife travel exemption request was denied for an Open Work Permit visa.
Please I need a guide on how to tackle this.
Thanks.
When did you apply for the exemption?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
Good evening everyone, the 3days for 2000 dollars quarantine at a government approved hotel is starting on February 22nd and for now there is no announcement of international students being exempted

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milkytins(m): 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2021
Qcanvs38mimi:

When did you apply for the exemption?
3 days ago.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adebayobest: 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
[quote author=MsJanez01 post=99009530][/quote]

Am trying to apply for pgc at Centennial did you submit unofficial transcript for application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Inioluwa1: 10:43pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hotel quarantine for travellers to begin Feb. 22, Trudeau says.

LATEST NEWS ON CANADA INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
God dey

https://globalnews.ca/news/7637180/coronavirus-travel-restrictions-canada-trudeau-announcement/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hello house!

Please how can a one year course(MBA or MSc) affect one's Visa application as well as post study visa in Canada?

Also, how possible is it to switch from one course to another course, preferably a health course(BSc) while there with a one year Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
Blavkmaann:
My geng My Geng
How far now, as you all know, I’m counting my days i this country.... one Weyrey say make I go toll gate on Saturday to go Occupy.... I Laff in Swahili, if o my the goat know say my Canada visa Dey my room dey breathe... e go dey cap nonsense?
Anyways that aside, some kind matter Don Dey play and I reason am say e go dey necessary make I drop one or twos for here... make all of us for wise
1. BEWARE OF THIS PEOPLE CALLED AGENTS! - I ask person yesterday, this person has no influence what so ever to decide whether u get approved or denied, so why spend so much and out urself on high jump... I have noticed tha people who have stayed years in Canada still use the GCKey and stuff, so you have to get acquainted with that page, any which way
2. BEWARE OF FAKE ADMISSION LETTER - one boy in my street gave someone 100k to help him rub admission, he didn’t submit anything, 3 days after the guy sent him a PDF file containing the admission letter I not University of Regina, the boy had the effrontery to tell me “a soon to be Canadian” say we go travel together.... what an illetrate!
3. PLEASE ASK ENOUGH QUESTIONS... for most of us it’s our first time and we’re stil confused, it’s allowed, do ur research, HAVE LONG TERM GOALS, Set target, You’ll be fine
4. YOU SEE YOUTUBE, - Spend time watching various videos
5. PRAY, this God Wey Dey up so, e no Dey sleep, and e no Dey gree make e children cry, God, God ! No b small boy o!

6... be patient, it will work out ONE DAY!

Abeg abeg abeg abeg, I never complete my flight money,abeg abeg abeg, Support my ministry, (Shey I should drop my aza abi make una ask)
Make una ask inside my email abeg..... e get why...

Yaaaaay, hope say Ewa Agoyin Dey Quebec, I no get power for chicken!

..... sending love and light From Lagos ..... ask for my aza now abeg! God no go shame us!

Please what’s the budget for flight fee?Must you pay to n fro also?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 11:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
You are good to go as your own sponsor and I think career progression is in the right order too.

1. Letter of introduction from your workplace stating when you started work with them, your position, how much you are paid, Where exactly you are seeking visa for, What you are going to Canada to do, how it will help you in the workplace, permission granted to travel to Canada and the time you are due back.
2. Pay checks
3. Documents to show acquisition of land or property if available
4. Car documents
5. Your education certificates and transcripts (WAEC, University etc.)
6. Birth certificate
7. Marriage Certificate if relevant to you.
8. Statement of account (should be in mybankstatement form) what bank is your fund in?
9. Medical Reports (it is always better to do upfront medicals and upload with your application before submission. However, if you can't, go on and submit, then do the medicals and upload via webform before they request for it. These 2 options help you save time) Tests are done only in Lagos or Abuja?
10. IELTS tests with 6:00 or more in each skill.
11. Family pictures showing everyone
12. Clear scan copies of your international passport data pages including all visas and markings in it.
13. Digital passports
14. Your CV
15. NYSC certificate
16. CAC documents of company or companies you have.
17. Letter of Admision from your University
18. Work ID
19. School and other fees receipts for your children; ties back home
20. All IRCC forms duly filled and validated
21. Any other necessary document you may have.

I have never uploaded a police report for all applications I have helped with. I don't think it is compulsory. You can add it if you like. I also have no idea if it expires.

Your official transcripts should be addressed to your school of admission not the embassy.

7COLOURS:

I greatly appreciate your feedback sir.

I have 15m naira in my account and my school fees is about 5.1m naira. Admission deposit of 700,000 naira will be paid end of March from the 15m.

I have BSc in Business Administration, National Diploma in Business Studies and I intend to do my PGD at Centennial College. Course of study is International Business Management.

I currently have 16 years work experience from different private organizations as Admin/HR Manager.

I'm planning to sponsor myself now without getting a sponsor.

Please what are the documents I should majorly concentrate on getting now before I start my application?

Is it ok to get my police report now? Hope it does not expire? Will my school transcript be addressed to the embassy or my school in Canada?

Should I book for medicals after I submit my application to the embassy or before?

I hope my write up helps.

All the best.

Will appreciate if I get guide on the documents to get ready first before application commences.

Thanks to everyone helping here, God bless you All.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omoabalawe: 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pls I was giving admission since 2018 and have been denied visa twice.pls I need your advice because this time around I'm planing to use company statement of account and what was written in the refusal letter was insufficient found,and also they were not convinced that you may likely come back to your country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
Wow!!! I can't thank you enough for this sir.

You answered all my questions perfectly. Thank you, thank you, thank you sir.

My bank statement will be from GTB.

Getting letter from my present employer is not an issue but please I will like to ask sir. My course is for one year and another one year internship making it two years. Should I state in the letter from my office that I will be away for two years?

I have a personal registered business with CAC, will it be wise to include my CAC documents and letter from my office. Dunno if uploading my CAC certificate and letter from employer will confuse VO?

For now, I intend to use my children, siblings and property as home ties, when can I apply for my children to join me in Canada?

Thank you once again sir

Baphil:
You are good to go as your own sponsor and I think career progression is in the right order too.

1. Letter of introduction from your workplace stating when you started work with them, your position, how much you are paid, Where exactly you are seeking visa for, What you are going to Canada to do, how it will help you in the workplace, permission granted to travel to Canada and the time you are due back.
2. Pay checks
3. Documents to show acquisition of land or property if available
4. Car documents
5. Your education certificates and transcripts (WAEC, University etc.)
6. Birth certificate
7. Marriage Certificate if relevant to you.
8. Statement of account (should be in mybankstatement form) what bank is your fund in?
9. Medical Reports (it is always better to do upfront medicals and upload with your application before submission. However, if you can't, go on and submit, then do the medicals and upload via webform before they request for it. These 2 options help you save time) Tests are done only in Lagos or Abuja?
10. IELTS tests with 6:00 or more in each skill.
11. Family pictures showing everyone
12. Clear scan copies of your international passport data pages including all visas and markings in it.
13. Digital passports
14. Your CV
15. NYSC certificate
16. CAC documents of company or companies you have.
17. Letter of Admision from your University
18. Work ID
19. School and other fees receipts for your children; ties back home
20. All IRCC forms duly filled and validated
21. Any other necessary document you may have.

I have never uploaded a police report for all applications I have helped with. I don't think it is compulsory. You can add it if you like. I also have no idea if it expires.

Your official transcripts should be addressed to your school of admission not the embassy.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 11:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
shupy:
As long as you can package yourself and provide convincing evidence. You're good to go. The rest is by grace.
Thank you.
I have been getting a lot of negative feedbacks in terms of sponsorship.
Here is what I plan to do so I can comfortably use my mom as my sponsor together with the money I have.

My mom has a small scale business which she has consistently ran for more than 25 years. Unfortunately, it isn't registered. I want to start the process of registering her business, get tax clearance cert on it and getting papers for her landed property in the villa.

Do you think I can do all these and still meet up for the September intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 12:02am On Feb 13, 2021
I’m sure if you ask that question here people will be able to respond to you.

To your question, yes it is possible to submit your passport to any country of your choice and not necessarily your home country to the best of my knowledge. Remember SKEPTA sent his passport to Accra when Lagos was taking their time to stamp people’s PP. However, you would have to enquire about the transmission fee of that office and make the payment.

Btw have you received your PPR?
Celoexpress:
Guys, please advise on if one can submit passport in another country after receiving PPR if the person is not in the home country as at that moment.

Thank you so much.

Please how do I send mails to them through their profile here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.