Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (869616 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by uboma(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2021
Do you know Yusuf Adeiza Kabiru? He is a serial Scam Artist. See his photos and more information about him on,

https://www.nairaland.com/6412026/yusuf-adeiza-kabiru-serial-scam

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2021
Aissy:
Thank you again, so these are my documents I have gathered with information from this blessed group, I will welcome any addition or removal.
-international passport
-birth certificate
-passport photo
-letter of acceptance
-recepit of first semester tuition paid
-waec certificate
-statement of result
-transcript
-Nysc certificate
-statement of account for both savings and current (dad's account)
-reference letter from my dad's bank
-pension letter and identity(driver's licence)
-siblings birth certificate
-family photos(old and new)
-affidavit of relationship( me and my dad)
-letter of introduction
-letter of sponsorship
-Police certificate

- You didn't add an SOP (Statement of Purpose) - VERY VERY IMPORTANT, make sure your SOP is well-written & very convincing

- No CV or Resume

- No Sworn Affidavit of Support

- Its quite obvious the only work experience you have here is your One Year Mandatory NYSC work experience, that bin said, apart from your NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE , the following documents if available will solidify your Work Experience, they are;

NYSC Posting Letter (Showing you were accepted at the PPA)
Call-Up Letter
NYSC ID Card
Recommendation letter from my PPA (Place of Primary Assignment) - OPTIONAL
Pictures of me on duty at my PPA (might be optional aswell)

Note:
Under the occupation field in your IMM FORM, you will write NYSC

Make sure you compress your Documents before merging them, so it would accommodate the 4MB file upload limit for the two Upload Category of Client Information & Proof of Means of Financial Support

i.e
CLIENT INFORMATION (All Documents Merged) - 4MB
PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT (All Documents Merged) - 4MB

Await additional response from other members on this.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
porchy:
Hello friends and gurus
I am currently interested in applying for a masters program in a university in canada.. The requirement is 70% in the last 20 courses offered in Bachelor's degree which i do not have. On the otherside, i have finished a masters degree where i got over 60% average in all the course i offered .. My question is , can i add the masters to my documents in other to meet up with the requirement for Masters in Canada?

If age is on your side, why not go the EE route? Nevertheless, it's better you don't mention your masters if you're still going for a post-degree program, it shows no career progression...one of the major reasons for visa refusal. If na PhD, fire on.

Please the new comers should try and read at least page 1 of this chapter, There's a lot of info in it. Okbye
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prospectiveapp: 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2021
Thank you very much,

I would be expecting your testimony soon.

What program are you applying for?

FrancesU:

Hi
Memorial University doesn't start processing application till the deadline of the course you applied for. Then you can expect a feedback one month after that deadline. For example I applied to memorial since first week in December but the deadline of the course I applied for was not until January 15th 2021, so from February 15th I'll start expecting a feedback from them.
I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
amii131:

""No visa processing time as long as its corona invoke runs for just few weeks.""
Kindly explain here pls.

It means processing time takes longer than the standard time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Thank you.

I want to go for one/two year MBA(Finance/International Business). I have worked in Insurance/financial sector for 4-5 years now.

I was told to get a birth cert for my mom( making her share the same maiden surname with my sponsor) to make my sponsor my maternal uncle but I declined.
On the issue of self sponsorship, how do I move the expected amount to my account without making it a lump-sum to meet up for September intake?

Also, if using a long standing close family friend as a sponsor is a red flag, could using him as a co-sponsor and myself as main sponsor lighten the weight of the "red flag"?

Yes for the bolded

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2021
Omoabalawe:
Pls I was giving admission since 2018 and have been denied visa twice.pls I need your advice because this time around I'm planing to use company statement of account and what was written in the refusal letter was insufficient found,and also they were not convinced that you may likely come back to your country.

Do not use a company account. Pls maintain either family member sponsorship or self sponsorship. As for likelihood of coming back, you need to explain the purpose of visit to show you are genuinely going for studies and nothing else
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2021
lifewithgeenie:
Hey guys,

Who is applying or has applied to Memorial University for UNDERGRADUATE fall 2021?
1. Have you heard back from them regarding admissions?

2. Also did you have to provide proof of English Language Proficiency?

3. Did you get any scholarships?

Are you the applicant? How old is the applicant

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Aissy:
Please what are the IRCC forms that needs to be filled for Visa application, I am starting mine on Tuesday and although am using an agent I can't really put too much that in her. Please anyone

The agent should be providing that for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
porchy:
Hello friends and gurus
I am currently interested in applying for a masters program in a university in canada.. The requirement is 70% in the last 20 courses offered in Bachelor's degree which i do not have. On the otherside, i have finished a masters degree where i got over 60% average in all the course i offered .. My question is , can i add the masters to my documents in other to meet up with the requirement for Masters in Canada?

Do not mention that you already have a masters either during this admission stage or visa stage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2021
Please anyone going to University of Lethbridge for fall 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prospectiveapp: 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
I have a friend that applied for fall 2021,

Have you gotten an offer letter from the school?

Esmeob:
Please anyone going to University of Lethbridge for fall 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
WIHELMINA:
Hello Everyone, I got my acceptance letter yesterday from Lambton College for a 2-year Post graduate certificate program. I was asked to make a payment deposit of $7500 for the first semester before I can apply for study permit visa.
Please, how good is the college? And what are the necessary things I need to put into consideration for the visa application?

Please before i advice against this school, kindly make sure you are 100% aware of the tuition refund policy but again, why not tty Conestoga with a refundable tuition deposit of 1500cad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shawtylil(f): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
the new quarantine rule applies to everyone right? students also?? Can someone explain it for me cause i’m so lost
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AyaE: 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
Thanks. It does help. Thanks a lot

[qquote author=Aissy post=99020235] I have a BSc in industrial chemistry and applied for a PGD in food safety in Conestoga college in Canada. I hope it helps[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EyinjuGod(f): 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2021
Good afternoon people
Please what campus would you advise for a master's program in memorial university of New foundland.
Options are...

Grenfell
St John's
Marine institute

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2021
Mmachisco:
I started my application on the 17th of Dec. I think they replied around the 20th. They acknowledged the application fee payment on the 5th of January.

Thanks. Good to know. Let’s just be hopeful and patient for a favourable and quick response from them. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
prospectiveapp:
Please do you know how many weeks it takes to get an offer letter from MUN.

I recently applied

Did you send in an English Proficiency Test Result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 13, 2021
Thaiy:
Hello People,

I applied to Memorial University Newfoundland, Canada, for fall 2021. I submitted my application on the 26th of January, 2021.

I got a response from School of graduate studies (sgs) for the receipt of my application, stating once formal decision is reached I will be contacted.

For the funding of my application, I have asked a distant family tie (an uncle) who is a business owner to serve as my sponsor. He is willing to provide his company account statements and other required documents needed to be provided by financial sponsor.

Elders in the house, what other documents will he need to make available besides his bank statement? I need this so I can reach out to inform of the these, so it can be easily made available.

Please avail me with all necessary information.

Thank you in anticipation.

@Lekiboboe @justmellow@olasubomy @otunbaTee

Hi,
Were you asked for English Proficiency Test Results?
Did you send in any? Or were you given an English test waiver
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prospectiveapp: 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2021
No, I got an official letter from the school I did my bachelors so it was waived

lifewithgeenie:

Did you send in an English Proficiency Test Result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prospectiveapp: 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2021
It depends on your program.
Check your departments website.

What program so i can help you with that
EyinjuGod:
Good afternoon people
Please what campus would you advise for a master's program in memorial university of New foundland.
Options are...

Grenfell
St John's
Marine institute

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by omojehovah(m): 2:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
FYI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
oyibo4real:

What about SOP? It's a very important document.
that's my letter of introduction
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
Anon123:

The agent should be providing that for you
I just want to be very involved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
AyaE:
Pls pls pls...someone pls advice. What pg diploma or certificate can one go for with a BSc in chemistry. Plssss I'm desperate for suggestions
Some of the programs below has components of Chemistry in them

Google the following Programs Extensively, check the courses done in the following PG. Cert Programs and see how it relates to the courses u did in your undergraduate degree in CHEMISTRY, also, Check the Admission intakes of the programs either for Spring (May), Fall (September) or Winter (January)

- PG. Cert, Food Safety and Quality Assurance – Food Processing
Conestoga College, Ontario

- PG. Cert, Environmental Control
Sheridan College, Ontario

- PG. Cert, Environmental Monitoring & Impact Assessment (EMPD)
Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario

- PG.Cert, Chemical Laboratory Analysis
Lambton College, Toronto, Ontario

- PG. Cert, Environmental Management & Assessment
Algonquin College, Ontario

- PG. Cert, Food Safety & Quality Assurance Management
Lambton College, Toronto, Ontario

- PG. Cert, Environmental Management & Assessment
Niagara College, Ontario

There might be more, you can await additional inputs from members in house for more PG programs & school suggestions

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
Lekiboboe:

- You didn't add an SOP (Statement of Purpose) - VERY VERY IMPORTANT, make sure your SOP is well-written & very convincing

- No CV or Resume

- No Sworn Affidavit of Support

- Its quite obvious the only work experience you have here is your One Year Mandatory NYSC work experience, that bin said, apart from your NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE , the following documents if available will solidify your Work Experience, they are;

NYSC Posting Letter (Showing you were accepted at the PPA)
Call-Up Letter
NYSC ID Card
Recommendation letter from my PPA (Place of Primary Assignment) - OPTIONAL
Pictures of me on duty at my PPA (might be optional aswell)

Note:
Under the occupation field in your IMM FORM, you will write NYSC

Make sure you compress your Documents before merging them, so it would accommodate the 4MB file upload limit for the two Upload Category of Client Information & Proof of Means of Financial Support

i.e
CLIENT INFORMATION (All Documents Merged) - 4MB
PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT (All Documents Merged) - 4MB

Await additional response from other members on this.

Thank you so much, Humans can be very funny I kept asking my agent if I needed an affidavit of support and she adamantly said NO on several occasions and she was saying I don't even need my NYSC documents. I really can't thank you enough, please how can I compress the files + my letter of introduction is my SOP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
prospectiveapp:
No, I got an official letter from the school I did my bachelors so it was waived

Undergraduate Computer Science.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Canada is way too strict!

I will just go with the close family friend then.
One more question please, will a one year MBA/MSC affect my chances of getting Visa?

What are the chances of getting a positive study visa extension when I switch to a health related course(BSc) on getting to Canada?

I appreciate all your responses.
First of all I'm just also just an applicant. Personally I doubt course duration affects outcome of visa application. I'm not sure about your second question.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prospectiveapp: 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2021
You can do your research, I applied for a graduate program so it might differ

lifewithgeenie:

Undergraduate Computer Science.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EyinjuGod(f): 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2021
prospectiveapp:
It depends on your program.
Check your departments website.

What program so i can help you with that

Economics.
Then is GRE also compulsory?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
Aissy:
Thank you so much, Humans can be very funny I kept asking my agent if I needed an affidavit of support and she adamantly said NO on several occasions and she was saying I don't even need my NYSC documents. I really can't thank you enough, please how can I compress the files + my letter of introduction is my SOP
Lately Most Agents in this part of the world are after the money, they don't care about the application outcome of their clients, reasons why it's advisable to DIY (Do It Yourself).

Detailed guide on how to get a SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/179#98455585

Detailed guide on how to COMPRESS & MERGE YOUR DOCUMENTS for CLIENT INFORMATION Category & PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91040264

Note
The documents below have their respective individual upload section, Don't merge this particular documents with any document, just upload this documents on their assigned upload section

- The 3 IMM Forms
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
- International Passport Data Page
- Evidence of Work Requirements in Study (Co-op Work permit information) letter from school (You need this if your program has a Co-op, if it doesn't, don't bother yourself)
- Digital Passport Photograph

Letter of Introduction (LOI) is totally different from SOP

Letter of Introduction is for someone who has gotten his/her study visa application approved, and passport stamped.

SOP is a letter meant for someone applying for a Study Visa.

This is where you tell:

-A story unique to yourself.
-Who you are.
-What you presently do?
-Why study in Canada and not some other country?
-Why return to your country after study?
-Why the school?
-Why did you choose the course?

See this

Detailed step-by-step Guide & template/format to write an SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

After writing your SOP, you can reach out to a guru in the forum if they can be chanced help you do a Proofreading & review of your SOP

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theresaihez: 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
Write yours and I'll email you.
Danesikemi:
pls can I get ur email or what's app number,I want to ask you some questions about Humber.thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.