Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (868435 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2021
We will all receive our love letter this week in Jesus name
#what God cannot does not exist
Congratulations to everyone who just their love letters

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by slyfran6(m): 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Babynkem,

If the possibility of improving your EE score is forthcoming, have you considered trying the PNP route, you stand good chance for PNP with your score.

You can also look out some other related branches of Nursing like Palliative Care Nursing and the likes in PGD or Post-Baccalaureate Diploma at colleges.

Best of Luck

Does my CRS score matter?
I took the mock test and my score came out 378.
Is that a good or poor score?
I am yet to formally start the express entry application though.
Also, how much would I require to show as proof of funds if things worked out? Would I need to have it stacked up?
I don't have a master's degree and I'm not very inclined to further education.
I have the best global certifications relevant to my career and which are relevant in Canada.
I have close to 3 years working experience in information security. How is PNP done?
Will PNP increase my express entry chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ara2004: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
I applied October 2020 and the application deadline was 15th of December. Wait patiently, your application might be under evaluation.
Bami26:
Hey Ara2004, I applied to University of Toronto for their masters program but I have not gotten a response yet.
When did you apply and when did get a feed back from them
Congratulations on your admission

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2021
To the people who got their passport stamped last Wednesday, when did you get the notice that it was sent to ircc? I mean how many days apart?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
Debbyiiii:
We will all receive our love letter this in Jesus name
Amen ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
Please, I need the list of emails to send to cic if you want to add another document to your application. Someone please help me out. Been searching for the emails

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by impeccablerose: 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
Qcanvs38mimi:
To the people who got their passport stamped last Wednesday, when did you get the notice that it was sent to ircc? I mean how many days apart?

Abuja VFS seemed to have slowed down compared to how swift they used to be, although still much better than Lagos VFS.

Abuja VFS received my passport on 27th of January. Counterfoil dropped on the 10th of February. LOI dropped on the 11th of February. Passport was delivered to me on the 12th of February.
I received a mail from them on the 27th of January confirming receipt of my passport and it being in transit to IRCC office. Another mail was sent on the 10th saying passport is in transit to Abuja from IRCC's office, then a dispatch mail on the 11th of February.

You should get your passport back in a few days if yours will follow the same timeline.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
Ara2004:
A police character certificate is not necessary for Nigerians? Can you please elucidate on this please. Secondly, what if i don't have up to a million naira in my bank account ? Could that automatically be a reason for denial ? Thirdly, as regards the medicals, is it important to go for the medicals even before applying for the visa.

Hi,

There's really nothing to elucidate there. The police character certificate is simply not a requirement for study permit applications from Nigerians who apply from Nigeria. People do it because they fear the unknown or just because they want to. I'm not saying you should or should not do it. My point is that it is not a requirement. They don't even make any reference to it or acknowledge it in the GCMS.

If you don't have up to a million naira, don't sweat it. People get approved with a lesser amount. I only suggested that amount as a guide. Just make sure you attach your bank statement and the amount inside should be relatively enough to fund travel expenses. They may deny your application (as they have done in many cases) if you don't attach a personal bank statement.

You may or may not do the medical before the application. It's totally up to you. Doing it before won't affect or influence decision in any way. It's a personal choice. If I'm to advise you, I'll say you should do it before, especially if you're in Lagos or Abuja. If not, you can wait until you get the request.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adetunji001(m): 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2021
Debbyiiii:
We will all receive our love letter this week in Jesus name

AMEN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ozemo(f): 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2021
Rootiab:
when did you apply?
Nov 1, 2020. Received the response Jan 25, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2021
Ketima:

Guys please help me out. If you known please don't ignore and pass. Am doing my application and by myself so don't want to make mistake as this my first attempt.

In the language section of form 1294E, as we are a English speaking nation, hope I can tick english as native language?

Again, I have IELTS general, written last year with 7,7,7,5.5(reading). Now, do I need to indicate I have IELTS or not in the And if in the future they indicates this NSE I keep reading here, can it suffix or I must take another one that will be atleast 6 in all module. Pls kindly help a brother thanks.

Hello Bro,

1) YES,You can tick English.

2) YES, You can indicate you have IELTS. Again, I'll advise you rewrite the IELTS exam. But if you can't please submit what you have.(Please write the exam if you've got the cash).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hummer01: 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2021
Mrtoke:

Thanks for the update, 2k is a lot of money but if they're not able to meet up then paying is the only option
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by opeey(m): 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2021
lentomac:

Yes you are right, but It is what is

Try to intensify your search for a 2 years program, you might aswell look out for a post from someone who can suggest a 2-year program in your Civil Engineering field

Alternatively,

Google search this course, check the overview & admission requirements to see if it's a program you can go for based on your Discipline.

They are both 2-years program

- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Process Piping Design
Lambton College, Ontario

- Post Graduate Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety Management
Lambton College, Ontario
thanks for the insight.. I really appreciate. I have seen a more related course to civil engineering in Lambton college.
I will go for Construction Project Management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BabygirlDee: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2021
So you want to study abroad? Here’s how to pick the right place! youtu.be/w9eQBXf5LZs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ozemo(f): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2021
awys:

Please order for your GCMS NOTES first to see the VO'S concerns it's more detailed these reasons are generic once you see your notes you will be able to tackle it so sorry for the refusal
Already did, hopefully it comes out before next month ending.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2021
opeey:

thanks for the insight.. I really appreciate. I have seen a more related course to civil engineering in Lambton college.
I will go for Construction Project Management
Alright, you are welcome,

all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2021
Metari1:
My own love letter has arrived! Who am I that GOD is so mindful of!

I will share timeline soon.

Catching my breath, this is all I can type for now!

Congratulations are in order. Praise be to God alone.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hummer01: 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2021
Qcanvs38mimi:
I just finished raking at Canada high commission, Lagos. First, they said that I had to book an appointment and that I should go home and send a mail. I didn’t go all that way just to go home. So I stayed, I printed all my ppr, passport page and 4 emails from vfs. The lady said that she can’t collect the paper because of corona. I still stayed oh. I said that I was not going anywhere till I spoke to someone, they called me from inside. After shouting, they said that because my file is not here that there is nothing that they can do but she said that she would inform the people in charge of printing in Abuja . They haven’t even printed my counterfoil sinceee. So I said okay but if I don’t see a change, I will come back tomorrow

Thanks for the update. Hopefully things change soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
Metari1:

congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
Metari1:

when did u apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2021
demure178:
Please, I need the list of emails to send to cic if you want to add another document to your application. Someone please help me out. Been searching for the emails
See it here

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/82#97848700
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2021
impeccablerose:

Abuja VFS seemed to have slowed down compared to how swift they used to be, although still much better than Lagos VFS.

Abuja VFS received my passport on 27th of January. Counterfoil dropped on the 10th of February. LOI dropped on the 11th of February. Passport was delivered to me on the 12th of February.
I received a mail from them on the 27th of January confirming receipt of my passport and it being in transit to IRCC office. Another mail was sent on the 10th saying passport is in transit to Abuja from IRCC's office, then a dispatch mail on the 11th of February.

You should get your passport back in a few days if yours will follow the same timeline.

Thank you so much. My counterfoil number should show tomorrow if it follows your timeline. I hope so

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2021
lentomac:
Hello guys,

Is there a way one can waive GRE requirements for Finance related Masters programs ?

Anyone with an idea on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2021
Ozemo:

Nov 1, 2020. Received the response Jan 25, 2021
did u get nse request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demiiii(f): 4:07pm On Feb 16, 2021
I Am applying alone and I have my family in Nigeria .

olasubomy:

Sorry about the temporary delay on your application. The reasons given in their decision letter are always generic as they are quoting the relevant section of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act that relates to their concerns on your file so you would need to order for your GCMS notes to see the specific concern of the visa officer that worked on your file.

I noticed the remark that is reoccurring in your first and second applications is the concern of the VO on home ties to your home country. If you are applying with your family, you may want to apply alone so you can use them as additional home ties then they join you later but first apply for your GCMS notes to see the specifics first.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demiiii(f): 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2021
Yes

Ketima:

Guys please help me out. If you known please don't ignore and pass. Am doing my application and by myself so don't want to make mistake as this my first attempt.

In the language section of form 1294E, as we are a English speaking nation, hope I can tick english as native language?

Again, I have IELTS general, written last year with 7,7,7,5.5(reading). Now, do I need to indicate I have IELTS or not in the And if in the future they indicates this NSE I keep reading here, can it suffix or I must take another one that will be atleast 6 in all module. Pls kindly help a brother thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2021
deommanuel:

Hello Bro,

1) YES,You can tick English.

2) YES, You can indicate you have IELTS. Again, I'll advise you rewrite the IELTS exam. But if you can't please submit what you have.(Please write the exam if you've got the cash).

Thanks. The money isn't the issue I can rewrite. Wanted to know so that I won't make mistake. Thanks so much. Am grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lyndaa22: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2021
Congrats to everyone that received their love letters today...

Please is there anyone for winter 2021 and is yet to hear from IRCC?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Lyndaa22:
Congrats to everyone that received their love letters today...

Please is there anyone for winter 2021 and is yet to hear from IRCC?
Yh me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MisMik: 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2021
[quote author=lentomac post=99118126]
I doubt if you can get a Masters admission with that CGPA.

The 3.0 required by the Canadian school is on a scale of 4.0 not the 5.0 grading scale of Nigeria

That is,
3.0 out of 4.0 is same thing as 4.0 out of 5.0

2.84 CGPA from 5.0 is lower, even when you convert it to 4.0 grading scale it will be more lower.

With the above 2.84 CGPA, look out for a Post Graduate Certificate program in a Civil Engineering related field

I am new here, please what's my fate with a CGPA of 3.59 as I want to start my MSC application for civil engineering in University of Calgary and Saskatchewan.. Minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 scale is the minimum requirements.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ozemo(f): 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2021
Rootiab:
did u get nse request?
Yes I did. But I responded that the timeline given to respond was too short.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 4:44pm On Feb 16, 2021
Ketima:

Thanks. The money isn't the issue I can rewrite. Wanted to know so that I won't make mistake. Thanks so much. Am grateful

You're very much welcome.

I wish you luck in your application

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.