Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (863380 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 9:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
Amen!Amen! and Amen

Metari1:

Amen, it will! We will be sending your own congratulatory messages very soon!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2021
Admin9:
Hello,

My 21days processing time is supposed to end tomorrow since i followed the NSE route. Eligibility has not still started hut background check is ongoing.

I am tired.

It's really too early to be tired.
Just wait for a positive response soon.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:04pm On Feb 16, 2021
Metari1:

Hmm, indeed HE is. HE will cause his face to shine on you! Thank you for replying questions in time past.

AMEN!!

Can't wait to read your Landing Gist! grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2021
MamaIva:
Is it a good thing sign if your eligibility review starts like 2 weeks after biometrics.

Hello,

It could mean quick processing, or not.
Let's hope it's the former.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 10:08pm On Feb 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

No it's not too early,

Your Uncle don't need to go to the court to swear an Affidavit of Sponsorship. Only you can do the package.

Just go to Notary Public with ur Sponsor's Passport Photograph & Your Own Passport Photograph.

Go with the details of your school in CANADA (School name & Address), also go there with your Uncle's Details (Home Address)

If you are based in Lagos,

Go to IKEJA, @ Oba Akinjobi way, the road leading to Ikeja G.R.A & Ikeja High court.,
u will see some women with Umbrella, (some standing, some sitting down) mentioning the word AFFIDAVIT continuously. Meet one of them

(The place is not far from the Popular Computer Village)

Cost : The range of #1,500 to #2,500

You can also check ijaiye road axis at OGBA, IKEJA , along where WAEC and NUJ (Nigerian Union of Journalism) office are located , u will also see some Women there mentioning the Word "AFFIDAVIT"

Once you get the AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP, take it to your uncle, there is portion for him to Sign. that portion is called DEPONENT
please my sponsor is in UK, can i use his passport photocopy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2021
My guys!! How far now!

Oya Oya , I’ve started to document my whole travel plan and process on YouTube, and una sabi say I no Dey do small pikin thing!
E go hot... I don de prepare my landing gist!

So abeg abeg, make e for no cause quarrel, help me subscribe to my YouTube channel!
KHEYI ISICHEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80559H041AM

ILL BE DROPPING MY PROCESS SOON....it’s not gonna be serious... just cruise... you sabi say I no Dey carry the life for head! I can’t die!

Oya now

It must end in praise!

Miguor!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lysega: 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2021
Can I get a reply to this, please?
Lysega:
Can I apply for student loan from the bank, add it to my account balance and use it as POF? is it okay to use while applying for Canadian student visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jogojogo: 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2021
Debbyiiii:

When did you get medical request or your timeline
Your passport request came this evening

MY TIME LINE

1ST APPLICATION
sumitted 30th october 2019 alongside Biometrics
refusal letter on 5th of december

2ND APPLICATION
submitted 15th august 2020
refusal letter on 4th september

3RD APPLICATION
Submitted 23rd October 2020
NSE request 2nd of December
Submited NSE requriments 30th of December
Medical request on 2nd Febuary
Did medical on the 8th of Febuary
Medical result and passport request on 16th febuary

hemmmmm,
Lots of heart break along the way, but finally it is ending in praise. Dont give up, hold on, TRUST GOD,
It will end in praise. smiley
Many thanks to the gurus in the house for your help and assistance, God bless you all Richly.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2021
jogojogo:

MY TIME LINE

1ST APPLICATION
sumitted 30th october 2019 alongside Biometrics
refusal letter on 5th of december

2ND APPLICATION
submitted 15th august 2020
refusal letter on 4th september

3RD APPLICATION
Submitted 23rd October 2020
NSE request 2nd of December
Submited NSE requriments 30th of December
Medical request on 2nd Febuary
Did medical on the 8th of Febuary
Medical result and passport request on 16th febuary

hemmmmm,
Lots of heart break along the way, but finally it is ending in praise. Dont give up, hold on, TRUST GOD,
It will end in praise. smiley
Many thanks to the gurus in the house for your help and assistance, God bless you all Richly.
congrats. I wish you success

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MamaIva: 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2021
Its the former in Jesus name !!!
Thank you

deommanuel:

Hello,

It could mean quick processing, or not.
Let's hope it's the former.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2021
Lamideyy:

Yes I did
Fall 2021

Congratulations!!!
1. May i know when you applied and how long they took to get back to you?
2. Also did you get any scholarships?
3. Is this for undergraduate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by slyfran6(m): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2021
Please someone should help look at this and provide a response.
Biko
slyfran6:

Does my CRS score matter?
I took the mock test and my score came out 431.
Is that a good or poor score?
I am yet to formally start the express entry application though.
Also, how much would I require to show as proof of funds if things worked out? Would I need to have it stacked up?
I don't have a master's degree and I'm not very inclined to further education.
I have the best global certifications relevant to my career and which are relevant in Canada.
I have close to 3 years working experience in information security. How is PNP done?
Will PNP increase my express entry chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2021
Yteem:
PPR Love letter received.

Oyi biribiri o kan mi o, Oyi biribiri o kan mi o. GOD’s mercy has located me ooooooo.

All glory, honour and Adoration to GOD Almighty for this great victory.

It’s BVL and PPR o. Love letter received.

1st Application timeline

Application submitted 30 May
Got BiL 31st May
Biometrics 24 August due to Covid
Upfront Medical on the 25th August
Sent we form for medical on 3rd Sept
Medical updates to passed 4 September
Refusal letter and Bvl on 24 September

I was already planning to request for my GCMS notes before I got the refusal letter

Requested for my GCMS notes 24 September
GCMS notes arrived 3rd November

2nd Application
Submitted 14 November
Medical updated 20 November
Nse request received 15 December
Nse request submitted 17 December
Review of additional documents 21 December
Requested fir GCMS notes 31 January
PPR and BVL received. 16 February 2021

Thank you all so very much. For those still waiting, it will surely end in praise. Just hang in there. To all those taking time to answer questions and offer direction, hmmmmm GOD will bless you all and you will never lack help.

* When I got the NSE request mail, I was a bit troubled because I had an IELTS result that clocked 2 October 22 last year and I was being asked for IELTS result in December.
I sent the result like that and I also included a letter of explanation stating that the Result was valid from October 2018 to October 2020.
I sealed with faith and left it to GOD.

My application was far from perfect but the Mercy of GOD prevailed.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RoyalDukeDon: 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
I've my decision long time ago,just deferred
lifewithgeenie:

Congratulations!!!
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by zellfoxx: 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2021
slyfran6:

Does my CRS score matter?
I took the mock test and my score came out 431.
Is that a good or poor score?
I am yet to formally start the express entry application though.
Also, how much would I require to show as proof of funds if things worked out? Would I need to have it stacked up?
I don't have a master's degree and I'm not very inclined to further education.
I have the best global certifications relevant to my career and which are relevant in Canada.
I have close to 3 years working experience in information security. How is PNP done?
Will PNP increase my express entry chances?

I recommend you read up on Express Entry at the cic website. Most of your questions asked and even those not yet asked will be answered when you do that. But for a start:

1. 431 is good but not good enough for the current EE trend. There is no bad score

2. POF for a single applicant is about 13k CAD. Need to have access to it as at when you submit your application, but six months before hand is recommended.

3. IT Certifications have no bearing or influence on EE applications. Might aid your case if you decide to opt-in for study route in information security.

4. PNP is done by specific provinces with their own individual selection criteria.

PS: I find it hard to believe you actually said you are not very inclined to further education.

I laugh in swahili.

If you truely are serious in information security, then you know we have a Learning Never Stops mindset. A little furthering shouldn't scare you if that's what it'll take to make your move. With just 3 years in InfoSec, you have not even started your REAL education. WAKE UP MAN!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 12:00am On Feb 17, 2021
lifewithgeenie:

Congratulations!!!
1. May i know when you applied and how long they took to get back to you?
2. Also did you get any scholarships?
3. Is this for undergraduate?

I applied on the 12th of November, got a decision 28th of January... the December break made it a whole long process and even MUN too are one kain . They had troubles confirming the receipt of my TOEFL scores for weeks. I had to specifically mail an admission officer at MUN to help me check what’s wrong before it was resolved.
I got no scholarships... I’m not sure they’re generous with funding.
Yeah it is for undergrad

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by afomon12: 12:04am On Feb 17, 2021
Hello house. I want to humbly appeal to someone. Please explain this NSE route please. I don't seem to understand and I plan to start my application as soon as possible. I got Admission and funding without writing any IELTS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by zellfoxx: 12:07am On Feb 17, 2021
afomon12:
Hello house. I want to humbly appeal to someone. Please explain this NSE route please. I don't seem to understand and I plan to start my application as soon as possible. I got Admission and funding without writing any IELTS.

All you need

Note: IELTS can be Academic or General Training

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 17, 2021
Lamideyy:

I applied on the 12th of November, got a decision 28th of January... the December break made it a whole long process and even MUN too are one kain . They had troubles confirming the receipt of my TOEFL scores for weeks. I had to specifically mail an admission officer at MUN to help me check what’s wrong before it was resolved.
I got no scholarships... I’m not sure they’re generous with funding.
Yeah it is for undergrad

Thanks a lot. You could always email them concerning available scholarships.

Goodluck with your journey.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by afomon12: 12:31am On Feb 17, 2021
Do I have a choice of not going through the NSE route because I don't really understand how it works. with the above, I think I can go through the NSE route because I don't have an IELTS score.

All you need

Note: IELTS can be Academic or General Training[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 12:58am On Feb 17, 2021
lambsbread:
Hello guys,
Please anyone else application taking too long like mine? I applied since September. My status has remained on "Medical Passed" since 2nd of January.

October too. Just medicals and biometrics passed upon I’ve submitted the NSE documents. Eligibility review hasn’t started too. Crazy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demiiii(f): 1:27am On Feb 17, 2021
Hello,

Based on the below, I have startedlectures and was about paying my fees.

Do you advice I use an immigration lawyer to appeal or contest the rejection. Just asking?
Because I have I gave them all they want.

demiiii:

Hi guys,

I just got a second rejection from ircc, I was about to make payment for the winter session 2021 when I got the news as shown below;

Please note, they never requested for any documents or IELTS from me.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

This was the reason for rejection from the first application in September 22 below;

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study

@Justwise and other gurus. Your help and guidance is needed here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 2:18am On Feb 17, 2021
Lekiboboe:

No it's not too early,

Your Uncle don't need to go to the court to swear an Affidavit of Sponsorship. Only you can do the package.

Just go to Notary Public with ur Sponsor's Passport Photograph & Your Own Passport Photograph.

Go with the details of your school in CANADA (School name & Address), also go there with your Uncle's Details (Home Address)

If you are based in Lagos,

Go to IKEJA, @ Oba Akinjobi way, the road leading to Ikeja G.R.A & Ikeja High court.,
u will see some women with Umbrella, (some standing, some sitting down) mentioning the word AFFIDAVIT continuously. Meet one of them

(The place is not far from the Popular Computer Village)

Cost : The range of #1,500 to #2,500

You can also check ijaiye road axis at OGBA, IKEJA , along where WAEC and NUJ (Nigerian Union of Journalism) office are located , u will also see some Women there mentioning the Word "AFFIDAVIT"

Once you get the AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP, take it to your uncle, there is portion for him to Sign. that portion is called DEPONENT
please i am really confuse of the affidavit of support nd notorize, can u help me with ur mail or telephone number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cflow10: 5:40am On Feb 17, 2021
Please can someone explain the difference between the NSE route and the normal route ? When I wanted to apply last year I don’t think I heard of the NSE route. Now I have limited time to process my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cflow10: 5:44am On Feb 17, 2021
Also please, the NSE route and the normal route which is advised to follow? Also any significant difference?. Please I need responses. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:55am On Feb 17, 2021
Cflow10:
Also please, the NSE route and the normal route which is advised to follow? Also any significant difference?. Please I need responses. Thanks in advance.
Processing time is the difference. NSE is 20 days, from what I read tho. The normal route is 13 weeks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sleekigboguy: 6:29am On Feb 17, 2021
Hey guys,

I recently arrived in winnipeg some weeks back. If you are in Manitoba and you looking for gang gang gang then hmu on my email

And yes girls can join the gang too☺

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 7:06am On Feb 17, 2021
Cflow10:
Please can someone explain the difference between the NSE route and the normal route ? When I wanted to apply last year I don’t think I heard of the NSE route. Now I have limited time to process my application.
Read the contents in this link from Pg 120-124

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/120#98075660

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 7:07am On Feb 17, 2021
Rootiab:
Processing time is the difference. NSE is 20 days, from what I read tho. The normal route is 13 weeks

21 days but i doubt if they actually stick to the 21days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 7:09am On Feb 17, 2021
demiiii:

Hi guys,

I just got a second rejection from ircc, I was about to make payment for the winter session 2021 when I got the news as shown below;

Please note, they never requested for any documents or IELTS from me.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

This was the reason for rejection from the first application in September 22 below;

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study

@Justwise and other gurus. Your help and guidance is needed here.

wow! they increased the reasons from 1 to 3
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 7:16am On Feb 17, 2021
Admin9:

21 days but i doubt if they actually stick to the 21days.
In the framework of the NSE it was actually stated that some Applications can take longer than that so it's not static that it's must be 20days and this Covid-19 Pandemic is also slowing things down as well!!.Mine I submitted the requested documents for the NSE on the 10th December that's 3Days after it was requested but got response in February far far more than the 20days so it varies!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oyesquare10: 7:19am On Feb 17, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS!!
please why were you delayed initially and what did you do different?

Yteem:
PPR Love letter received.

Oyi biribiri o kan mi o, Oyi biribiri o kan mi o. GOD’s mercy has located me ooooooo.

All glory, honour and Adoration to GOD Almighty for this great victory.

It’s BVL and PPR o. Love letter received.

1st Application timeline

Application submitted 30 May
Got BiL 31st May
Biometrics 24 August due to Covid
Upfront Medical on the 25th August
Sent we form for medical on 3rd Sept
Medical updates to passed 4 September
Refusal letter and Bvl on 24 September

I was already planning to request for my GCMS notes before I got the refusal letter

Requested for my GCMS notes 24 September
GCMS notes arrived 3rd November

2nd Application
Submitted 14 November
Medical updated 20 November
Nse request received 15 December
Nse request submitted 17 December
Review of additional documents 21 December
Requested fir GCMS notes 31 January
PPR and BVL received. 16 February 2021

Thank you all so very much. For those still waiting, it will surely end in praise. Just hang in there. To all those taking time to answer questions and offer direction, hmmmmm GOD will bless you all and you will never lack help.

* When I got the NSE request mail, I was a bit troubled because I had an IELTS result that clocked 2 October 22 last year and I was being asked for IELTS result in December.
I sent the result like that and I also included a letter of explanation stating that the Result was valid from October 2018 to October 2020.
I sealed with faith and left it to GOD.

My application was far from perfect but the Mercy of GOD prevailed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68