Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (865035 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyibi: 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
Good day everyone, what's the admission timeline for Memorial University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2021
Babyibi:
Good day everyone, I'd like to confirm how long it takes for admission to Memorial University. I applied for Masters in Mathematics and would like to know the timeline.
Thank you.

Hi Babyibi,

Final decision comes 8-12 week after the deadline for the course.

What course did you applied for, when did you submit and is it UG or PG?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kingsleybrave(m): 12:11am On Mar 02, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Mudicua,

Been a while! I believe the new adventure is going accordingly. Good to see you in this street.

Best of Luck

An agent billed me up to 2.5m for all the processes to travel to Canada.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 12:37am On Mar 02, 2021
kingsleybrave:

An agent billed me up to 2.5m for all the processes to travel to Canada.....

That's outrageous, you don't need his services, you can do it yourself, all the information and resource on this platform avail you a DIY (do it yourself) approach. Besides, agents make lot of mistake on people's application.

My advice is do it yourself, should you need help, you can be sure to get it here.

It will end in Praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by maestro09: 12:57am On Mar 02, 2021
I just want to reconfirm, can one get a gift of deed from one’s family members who is not a sponsor in support of one’s study,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Slumbergod: 1:40am On Mar 02, 2021
hi, I'm 27 and i want to go to Canada for an undergraduate program, i didn't finish my initial degree in mass communications here in nigeria because i dropped out and went into the poultry business, i'm doing very well now business wise and i intend to apply for a bsc in agriculture or agriculture related field, will my age and former incomplete education affect my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 2:52am On Mar 02, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Krissy01,

Which province is your school located?

Best of Luck
winnipeg, canada but my admission just expired don't think I'll be going there anymore
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Krissy01(f): 2:53am On Mar 02, 2021
Thaiy:

Collect your money if he gives it back and the necessary details for your account. You will need it, for retaining a lawyer, I still think with on plausible grounds, and a good immigration lawyer, you stand a chance.
thanks for the advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 02, 2021
Slumbergod:
hi, I'm 27 and i want to go to Canada for an undergraduate program, i didn't finish my initial degree in mass communications here in nigeria because i dropped out and went into the poultry business, i'm doing very well now business wise and i intend to apply for a bsc in agriculture or agriculture related field, will my age and former incomplete education affect my application?

I don't think these things would be a setback. Agricultural sciences generally are practical oriented courses. As such, if you are able to get the transcript of courses you took for the Mass Communication program you did not complete, and then have a solid SOP with explicit details of why you dropped out, what you've so far been doing (that's your poultry business), the financial successes and poultry farming experience you've attained so far -- all these backed up by paper evidence -- you've a good chance of being admitted by your choice institution and program. As for study permit/visa, it is almost all about money and preparedness. If your business is registered with CAC and your financials and other documents are in order, you have a good chance of having your study permit application approved just like anyone else.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 5:08am On Mar 02, 2021
Hello house

Please who can help me with adobe PDF or any PDF reader I can use to open all this IMM forms as it doesn't open in my system.

Thanks you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:49am On Mar 02, 2021
Ketima:
Hello house

Please who can help me with adobe PDF or any PDF reader I can use to open all this IMM forms as it doesn't open in my system.

Thanks you
See it here,

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/176#98434375

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:17am On Mar 02, 2021
Rani001:
Well you cant apply for nse if IRCC doesn't request for it, and the way you can go about it is after you've submitted your study permit application then they'd send a request for it .
you're wrong. You can send your ielts and Mybankstatement ticket when you're applying so as to not wait for the request

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:18am On Mar 02, 2021
Babyibi:
Good day everyone, I'd like to confirm how long it takes for admission to Memorial University. I applied for Masters in Mathematics and would like to know the timeline.
Thank you.
6 to 8 weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayt27(m): 6:19am On Mar 02, 2021
Hello house good morning.

I have been following this thread and I'm new to the process. I want to prep for an Masters in CAN, uni of Manitoba, specifically. I have no idea how to start the process.

I've done a bit of research on the school from mastersportal but I can't seem to find the way to go.

Gurus in the house, please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:23am On Mar 02, 2021
Ayt27:
Hello house good morning.

I have been following this thread and I'm new to the process. I want to prep for an Masters in CAN, uni of Manitoba, specifically. I have no idea how to start the process.

I've done a bit of research on the school from mastersportal but I can't seem to find the way to go.

Gurus in the house, please help.
Good morning. Have you tried checking other schools? Aside from manitoba. May be the ones with low tuition but still offer your course of choice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:43am On Mar 02, 2021
Brigpsy:
Please I am new here, I did Management Information System in my undergraduate level finishing with a CGPA of 4.2. I will love to do a research based masters in Computer Science for winter 2022. Please anyone with supervisor already doing research based masters in Computer Science in University of Manitoba or any other scholarship funding Canadian universities should please put me through. I have read enough enlightening threads in this platform and I have applied to various supervisors but I seem not to be getting positive replies. Please i need help. Thanks in advance guys��
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Osemigho
@Frannkbonn
See this

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TOMSY(f): 7:34am On Mar 02, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello TOMSY,

It is not illegal. Ensure to be very concise about the explanation and include proof.

Best of Luck
Okay. Thanks a lot sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akinajibola: 7:36am On Mar 02, 2021
Good day Nairalanders,

Someone should please help with how to go about my 6 years old daughters' study permit !!!!!
I obtained my approval for study permit in January 2021. I purposely did not include her in my application initially in order to gain points for home tie.
And having deferred my admission to FALL Semester , I look forward to her coming with in September.

I beg anyone with useful information to please share, I will be forever grateful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:10am On Mar 02, 2021
silvamania:

This is a very difficult time for students traveling . With this new coronavirus restrictions. Students can travel to Canada but there’s a huge problem

You will need to book an hotel for 3 days ( mandatory) at your first stop even if you are having a connecting flight . The price is as high as $1,760 for the 3 days especially in areas like Vancouver and Toronto

Afterwards you will continue your quarantine as your final destination.

Another issue of concern is that you can only book these hotels through the Government designated line and you will be on call with them for up to 3hours before they can book on your behalf

If your results for COVID-19 after arrival comes out before the third day . There’s no guarantee that they will refund you . You need to check the hotel refund policy on that . Also, they government are saying one can online book these hotels within 48 hours before your flight

The new rule is unpredictable and someone needs to carefully plan his/her travels.

All the best

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:11am On Mar 02, 2021
Dave1860:
Wakanow yeah?
I called their costumer line when I received the mail this evening and they confirmed that students are traveling presently.

Yes. Thanks so much. This resolves it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Raalsalghul: 8:20am On Mar 02, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Raalsalghul,

I believe you've been able to go around it. If not, See Here

Best of Luck

Yes I have, thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 02, 2021
silvamania:

This is a very difficult time for students traveling . With this new coronavirus restrictions. Students can travel to Canada but there’s a huge problem

You will need to book an hotel for 3 days ( mandatory) at your first stop even if you are having a connecting flight . The price is as high as $1,760 for the 3 days especially in areas like Vancouver and Toronto

Afterwards you will continue your quarantine as your final destination.

Another issue of concern is that you can only book these hotels through the Government designated line and you will be on call with them for up to 3hours before they can book on your behalf

If your results for COVID-19 after arrival comes out before the third day . There’s no guarantee that they will refund you . You need to check the hotel refund policy on that . Also, they government are saying one can online book these hotels within 48 hours before your flight

The new rule is unpredictable and someone needs to carefully plan his/her travels.

All the best

Just to put out here, there are cheaper options if you plan to travel. Montreal has cheaper government approved hotels and you can book directly. 443 CAD for the three nights, the likes of Comfort Inn, and there are still cheaper hotels than this.

Just choose an airline that's stopping over at an affordable area.

Please must I print my SOA?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 9:01am On Mar 02, 2021
Good morning house/gurus, is it advisable to intimate IRCC that one has already started classes online without receiving final decision/AIP? Will it aid to fasten the final approval decision or will it work against the applicant

@lekiboboe
@justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Komeoby: 9:01am On Mar 02, 2021
Somebody please answer this �

Komeoby:
Hello everyone,
This is for a friend

She wants to pay her tuition so that she can use it for her application. Her brother wants to pay the tuition for her but her mom is her sponsor for her application.

Will this affect her application as it would be seen that the tuition is not paid by her mom from the bank statement submitted?

Can her brother pay her tuition even though her mom is her sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2021
Hello House,

Please is there a minimum amount to be seen in the printed statement of account at the port of entry?

Please your response is highly needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hubmon360(m): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2021
Ketima:

Thanks so much.

Hello house
Please i got admission into seneca college for a 1 year program and am having a deadline to make payment latest march 29th please house am new here and would need advice on the best bank to make payment from as seneca is showing me only through online methods without an account number. Or do i have to open a domicillary account to make this payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 9:33am On Mar 02, 2021
Good morning
I am 17 years old
I want to use my dad as my sponsor
So I will be submitting a letter of consent from my mum
Please do I need to do an affidavit of consent or would just the letter would be enough?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2021
Please who knows EcoBank branch that I can get MBS certificate? The Iju branch I went to thid morning, the manager said she doesn't know about it, that she's not sure EcoBank does it. So I need a branch in Lagos where someone did in the past, so I can go there directly, since EcoBank is on the list of banks for MBS.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2021
Oh my bad
Rootiab:

you're wrong. You can send your ielts and Mybankstatement ticket when you're applying so as to not wait for the request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Slumbergod: 9:56am On Mar 02, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

I don't think these things would be a setback. Agricultural sciences generally are practical oriented courses. As such, if you are able to get the transcript of courses you took for the Mass Communication program you did not complete, and then have a solid SOP with explicit details of why you dropped out, what you've so far been doing (that's your poultry business), the financial successes and poultry farming experience you've achieved so far -- all these backed up by paper evidence -- you've a good chance of being admitted by your choice institution and program. As for study permit/visa, it is almost all about money and preparedness. If your business is registered with CAC and your financials and other documents are in order, you have a good chance of having your study permit application approved just like anyone else.
Thank you so much for the reassurance, my financials are in a solid state and my business is already registered with CAC, I have applied to a college in winnipeg and my application is currently under review, I will update on how it goes, thanks again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 10:06am On Mar 02, 2021
Lekiboboe:

See it here,

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/176#98434375

Thanks Lekiboboe,

Have downloaded it but still my system isn't still opening IMM 1294 and IMM5257. Only family information (IMM5645) is opening.

The one that I have that is opening is IMM 1294(06-2019)E version.

So, please who has downloaded it recently should help me out.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.