Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (860118 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
Tiwathope01:
Thank you so much for the link, I'll start my research from here. I am still looking forward to other helpful feedback everyone. Thank you all

You are welcome

if eventually u gonna be going for a PG. Program you have Work Experience in , but no Degree in (Customer Service related PG program), the contents in the link below will help u in boosting your chances of admission to the program despite having a degree in Industrial Chemistry
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2021
ToluDstar:

Congratssss.
I’m receiving my PPR tomorrow (I’m manifesting it!)
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
awys:

Please submit the new one only for stamping and also send the data Page to Nairobi-Kenya informing them of the renewal through mails and webforms
Since it's expiring August you can renew it as it's 6months to expiry so it's allowed please renew it then submit the new one only for stamping so if you have a connect in immigration office let them do it fast as you have 30days to submit your passport for stamping. Then include the photocopy of the new one only
Okay. Thank you. I'm collecting it tomorrow but when my sister was submitting hers, she attached the two passports together? I don't think she sent a mail tho. I'm confused :/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SimplyTee01: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
Hi everyone,
I just got admission in one of the colleges in Canada, but I do not have POF or scholarship for funding as I intend processing my application myself and not via an agent. Anyone who has one or two help on how I can get POF and go about necessary documents to defend this when applying for visa should please send me an email. Please i really need your help if there is any way you can render help kindly let me know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prodigy20: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
Hello Gurus in the House. I just got an admission to a University in canada. I am getting ready to apply for visa. But i have a problem.

I don't have enough to pay the school fees yet but i have a very good bank statement. I also have good family ties but no travel history. Will it be advisable to proceed for the visa application like this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 2:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
SimplyTee01:
Hi everyone,
I just got admission in one of the colleges in Canada, but I do not have POF or scholarship for funding as I intend processing my application myself and not via an agent. Anyone who has one or two help on how I can get POF and go about necessary documents to defend this when applying for visa should please send me an email. Please i really need your help if there is any way you can render help kindly let me know.
You can use a sponsor maybe a parent, uncles, aunt's but the two aforementioned have a strong supporting documents to convince the VO or make him or her pay for your tuition fees at least as they are third parties but please in as much as this process is really capital intensive don't let anyone promise you or tell you they will arrange bank statement or do POF it's a big lie and it's implicating please find a sponsor to sponsor you Please!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yemite1845: 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
Good day house ,I studied Economics at undergraduate level with a 3.51 CGPA and I have been working as a digital marketer ,can I apply for business Analytics or data science for MSc? ,I hope It shows academic progression....Please your response will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
Gooday! If someone was included as an accompany dependent for permanent residence family class (the person was not the primary applicant). Should the person answer yes to has he applied for Visa to Canada before if the person wants to apply for study permit? @awys @lekiboe , please answers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Greatadams: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
After several of my visa rejection this my GCMS note I like to know everybody opinions on how to tackle the issue cause I want to reapply again
Also I have once question can I change my sponsor from my uncle to my dad will it cuz any issue?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by irijuola: 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
Debbyiiii:
Please who is traveling this week that wants to share quarantine cost at toronto
I hope you get soon. Would have opted in but I'm going in April. I will likely ask someone too in order to share quarantine cost.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
Greatadams:
After several of my visa rejection this my GCMS note I like to know everybody opinions on how to tackle the issue cause I want to reapply again
Also I have once question can I change my sponsor from my uncle to my dad will it cuz any issue?
Yes you can use your dad which is better of and also prove a strong conviction then also work seriously on your SOP especially the study plan and also the source of funding
Also avoid unexplained LUMP SUM in the statement of account you will be submitting.That was where the statement multi million in recent months emanated from which the VO believes is suspicious!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lobinche101(m): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
Greatadams:
my friend let me say this few thing.
i think the vo is worried about your choice of bsc in brandon wen u can easily do that in nigeria
2. hes not too sure of your uncle supporting u

so try and work more on ur sop explaining why you have to study in canada and not nigeria and also if possible may be your uncle should pay some of your tuition and probably send the rest to your fathers acct to show he really want to help you.. just my own little idea. gurus full house that will offer more help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2021
Greatadams:

i guess your uncle didn't swear an affidavidt of sponsorship. Did he?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Doree: 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
Royalty95:
Hello guys

Please I need urgent attention biko

I was refused admission into university of Ottawa to study chemical engineering. please I need suggestion on schools I can apply to for IT related courses.

I already gotten the visa but admission is the problem cos the school I used in applying for the visa refused to defer or even give me another admission cos my session expired due to the long processing times

Please I need urgent suggestion as I want to go for the fall term

Can you check out University of Dalhousie?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
Everoy83:
I think its best you send all together, you can merge the pdf and submit, unless you don't have the other requirements, then you can include LOE.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by khosen: 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
jonosas:

Congrats, Khosen! Please did you include a quarantine plan in your SOP?

No I didn't.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AugustBee: 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
Hi Khosen,

Please how much did your send your passport and to what address?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AugustBee: 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2021
khosen:
Counterfoil and LOI has dropped���

Although I'm a jjc here, I found this link after I had submitted my application. Below is my timeline

- Applied December 28th
- NSE request January 4th. I got a request to submit only ielts because I submitted my bank statement while applying.
- NSE request submitted February 1st
- Medical Request February 25th
- Medical Passed March 2nd
- PPR Request March 5th. Submitted same day to DHL because I live in Abuja.
- Counterfoil and LOI dropped March 12th.
- I'm yet to get my passport back

Thanks to all the gurus and everyone here, I know I didn't find this thread on time but I know I will gain alot in the future.

I intend to quarantine and stay a little in Ontario before going to Vancouver as lectures are still online. Advise and suggestions will be appreciated.

It has finally ended in praise, I give God all the glory.

Hi Khosen, please how much did it cost to send your passport and to which vfs did you address it. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AugustBee: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
khosen:
Counterfoil and LOI has dropped���

Although I'm a jjc here, I found this link after I had submitted my application. Below is my timeline

- Applied December 28th
- NSE request January 4th. I got a request to submit only ielts because I submitted my bank statement while applying.
- NSE request submitted February 1st
- Medical Request February 25th
- Medical Passed March 2nd
- PPR Request March 5th. Submitted same day to DHL because I live in Abuja.
- Counterfoil and LOI dropped March 12th.
- I'm yet to get my passport back

Thanks to all the gurus and everyone here, I know I didn't find this thread on time but I know I will gain alot in the future.

I intend to quarantine and stay a little in Ontario before going to Vancouver as lectures are still online. Advise and suggestions will be appreciated.

It has finally ended in praise, I give God all the glory.

Hi Khosen, please how much did it cost to send your passport and to which vfs was it addressed ? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by khosen: 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
AugustBee:
Hi Khosen,

Please how much did your send your passport and to what address?

Thank you

VFS Global
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja

Sent using DHL, I did a 2way courier, I live in Abuja, I paid 4100

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AugustBee: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2021
Dbankx1:
Passport received!. I want to thank you all for your help. My school starts may but I’m planning to leave by June/July. Is anyone planning to leave around that time and going to Waterloo? If so let’s connect!.

Hi Dbankx1, please what vfs did you send your passport to? did you get notified when they received your passport also? thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBR: 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Hi Guru's in the house.

Please can my sister who resides in Canada be the sole sponsor for my studies in Canada? We are 5 years apart in age and she is the one truly paying my tuition.

Does anyone have any advise on what we ought to do or not to do?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AugustBee: 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
khosen:

VFS Global
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja

Sent using DHL, I did a 2way courier, I live in Abuja, I paid 4100

Thank you so much, please what is counterfoil? is it vfs abuja that will stamp the passports? sorry i am asking so many questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Please what type of digital photo am I to submit with my application? Is it regular passport or normal picture?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
Please who has the embassy email address for China and London
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
Esmeob:
Please what type of digital photo am I to submit with my application? Is it regular passport or normal picture?

No it is not a regular passport photograph, it will be a Soft Copy Digital Passport with the Canada Study Permit Specification in .JPG format

Go to google and type

"digital passport specification canada study permit"

You will see the specifications (Length, Breadth face positioning etc.) there. Your Photographer will help u with that, both for the capturing & editing of the passport photograph to the Canada Study Permit specs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
Lekiboboe:

No it is not a regular passport photograph, it will be a Soft Copy Digital Passport with the Canada Study Permit Specification in .JPG format

Go to google and type

"digital passport specification canada study permit"

You will see the specifications (Length, Breadth face positioning etc.) there. Your Photographer will help u with that, both for the capturing & editing of the passport photograph to the Canada Study Permit specs.

Thank you for your response. I have checked it.

When my brother submitted his application, he didn't submit the specification required. Will this account for a denial? Or what can he do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AugustBee: 5:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
deommanuel:

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR APPROVAL!

You're supposed to send your passport for stamping using a courier service.

Look at the link below to guide you on sending your passport to VFS Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/719#97193513

Hi deommanuel,

Thank you, it is actually for my younger sister not mine bu still thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
Rootiab:
Please who has the embassy email address for China and London

CHINA
beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca
ganzu-immigration@international.gc.ca
shanghai-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

LONDON
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2021
Esmeob:

Thank you for your response. I have checked it.

When my brother submitted his application, he didn't submit the specification required. Will this account for a denial? Or what can he do?
That I can't tell, but I don't think so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Greatadams: 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
Admin9:

i guess your uncle didn't swear an affidavidt of sponsorship. Did he?

He did

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Metari1: 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Tiwathope01:
Hello Gurus,
Good morning, I am new here although I have taken my time to read through some pages and I can see that this forum is rich.
I need advise from any of the gurus here before I start my application, just want to be sure I am doing the right thing starting form admission application.
I studied Industrial Chemistry in one of our universities here, graduated with 2:2, accordingly to my research here I can see that going for masters may not be feasible, on the other hand I have a 3years experience working as a Customer Support Officer. Please gurus in the house if you are in my shoes what course would you go for? bearing in mind that I have to show career progression in my visa application.
I thought of applying for chemical engineering (bsc) using my sop to explain tot he VO why I would still love to take bsc even though i already have a bsc certificate because I can't find any pgd course related to industrial chemistry. Secondly I also thought of applying for a course related to the work experience but I can't really find any course related to Customer service as well. Somebody should please help me as I am at a crossroad, what is the best decision to take please?

Hi, for a course related to your work experience , check fanshawe college there is a course in customer relations with sales and marketing. Please do check if it is a post graduate certificate and not just a college certificate, if it is, read the overview of the program as it will help you construct your SOP on why you are choosing it, with the skill set you need to advance in your career. You can also look for program overview of other schools either in canada or not JUST to build your sop.

You can await other suggestions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.