Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,910 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (863045 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onyinyebibian: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2021
Klianud:
God has finally done it. First time applicant, am so grateful for the information gotten from this platform, it really helped me.

See timeline below:

Timeline
1. Submitted application online-8th Jan
2. Confirmation of submission-9th Jan
3. Biometrics request-9th Jan
4. Biometrics done and updated-11th Jan
5. NSE request - 12th Jan
6. Background checks started- 17th Jan
7. NSE request provided- 23rd Jan
8. NSE request updated -25th Jan
9. Eligibility review started -27th Jan
10. Submission confirmation from IRCC- 7th Feb
11. Medical request-22nd Feb
12. Medicals done- 4th March
13. Medicals updated to passed- 6th March
14. PPR and BVL dropped - March 15th

This is the week of PPRs, Amen!

congratulations!!!!! Mine will drop today ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ajoke08: 10:28am On Mar 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

What is the name and qualification of the program you are going for?

Thank you for your response.. Program is Baking and Pastry management and the qualification is Diploma.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2021
ok. thank you
zellfoxx:

I don't think decisions for Fall - 2021 Post-grad programs are out yet. You should expect a reply from 4 weeks post application deadline date.

I can confirm undergrad admissions are already rolling out though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2021
[quote author=Ajoke08 post=99900427][/quote]

@Ajoke08

Ok,

While you await response from the gurus, this is my own opinion,

Based on your GCMS notes, it's quite obvious you were refused based on Academic/Career Progression.

You going for a DIPLOMA means you are going for a Program lower than your initial academic qualification (B.SC) and that's a wrong Academic/Career Progression, a Visa Officer can easily assume your Purpose of Visit to Canada is not to study and that's a Red Flag most time.

Possible Solution for you
You would likely not see a Graduate program in Confectionery, but you can get Graduate Programs that would likely have course modules/components in Confectionery and interestingly, it's all about FOOD.

Do a google search explicitly on the following Post Graduate Certificate Programs, check their Admission Requirements, Overview, Course Outlines, Tuition for international students etc.

- Food Media
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

- Culinary Management
Selkirk College, Castlegar, British Columbia

- Food Tourism (culinary Tourism)

- Food And Nutrition Management
Fleming College, Peterborough, Ontario

- Food and Nutrition Management
Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

Work on your SOP & LOE

On your SOP you gotta tailor any of this program to your Confectionery Business (WHY U ARE GOING FOR THIS PROGRAM).

AWAIT MORE RESPONSE FROM GURUS & OTHER MEMBERS IN-HOUSE

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2021
onyinyebibian:

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2021
onyinyebibian:

Mine would drop this week. IJN. AMEN

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 11:19am On Mar 15, 2021
Guys, can I submit my passport in DHL or UPS Ikoyi?? Or must it be that one in Isolo?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Emmyzdon: 11:33am On Mar 15, 2021
Klianud:
God has finally done it. First time applicant, am so grateful for the information gotten from this platform, it really helped me.

See timeline below:

Timeline

@Klianud congratulations!!! U were the first person that responded to me when I asked question here. Please how much in total was in ur bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 11:48am On Mar 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

@Ajoke08

Ok,

Based on your GCMS notes, it's quite obvious you were refused based on Academic/Career Progression.

You going for a DIPLOMA means you are going for a Program lower than your initial academic qualification (B.SC) and that's a wrong Academic/Career Progression, a Visa Officer can easily assume your Purpose of Visit to Canada is not to study and that's a Red Flag most time.

You would likely not see a Graduate program in Confectionery, but you can get Graduate Programs that would likely have course modules/components in Confectionery and interestingly, it's all about FOOD.

Do a google search explicitly on the following Post Graduate Certificate Programs, check their Admission Requirements, Overview, Course Outlines, Tuition for international students etc.

- Food Media

- Culinary Management

Work on your SOP & LOE

On your SOP you gotta tailor any of this program to your Confectionery Business (WHY U ARE GOING FOR THIS PROGRAM).

Honestly what God cannot do doesn’t exist at all!!! I have a BSC in Information Management (2.1) but my PPR dropped this morning for diploma in Information Technology. So I really believe if you really want to still go for a diploma after having a BSC, u can, and be very prayerful

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2021
Another Webform and email sent to Nairobi, next week is my deadline to submit approval or refusal letter to the school with options to defer or withdraw after 3 months attending class online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

Honestly what God cannot do doesn’t exist at all!!! I have a BSC in Information Management (2.1) but my PPR dropped this morning for diploma in Information Technology. So I really believe if you really want to still go for a diploma after having a BSC, u can, and be very prayerful
Congratulations.. mine incoming God Willing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 11:54am On Mar 15, 2021
Benquip:
Congratulations.. mine incoming God Willing
It really is coming
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Linsigne(m): 11:54am On Mar 15, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Dual intent is legitimate and acceptable according to the IRCC case law clearly spelled out on their official website. However, when

It will end in praise

Please sir just got scholarship to university of regina
Am i stil going to show ties and good bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 11:58am On Mar 15, 2021
[quote author=recxa post=99901691]Guys, can I submit my passport in DHL or UPS Ikoyi?? Or must it be that one in Isolo?[/quote
You can use UPS Ikoyi don't bother going to Isolo any of their branches is fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ajoke08: 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

@Ajoke08

Ok,

- Food Media

- Culinary Management

Work on your SOP & LOE

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
Linsigne:

Please sir just got scholarship to university of regina
Am i stil going to show ties and good bank statement
Congratulations on your Scholarship

Yes you would show Home-ties (STRONG TIES TO HOME COUNTRY) - VERY COMPULSORY for Applicants with scholarship

You should find the contents in the link below helpful

How to show Proof of Funds for Fully-funded Scholarship applicant going to a Canadian University

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/358#99678565

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/177#98436403

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/356#99652100

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/89#97881449

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/263#99103843

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/267#99126979

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
Manitoba Don they issue admission for September?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kindly share with us documents submitted
Klianud:

See timeline below:

Timeline

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Nairobi is the primary visa office for most study permit applications from Nigeria. See their email address below;

Email address- nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

It will end in praise
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 12:28pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good day house.
Please which address should introduction letter from company and other correspondence be addressed to?

IRCC
centralised intake office,
PO Box 7500
Sydney NS
BIP OAP
Canada

Or

The Visa Officer
The High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
Lagos.

someone in my HR dept said anyone can handle it if I address it using the first address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 12:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
I think second address is better. That is what I used for mine.

LadyBlaq:
Good day house.
Please which address should introduction letter from company and other correspondence be addressed to?

IRCC
PO Box 7500
Sydney NS
BIP OAP
Canada

Or

The Visa Officer
Visa Section
Lagos.

someone in my HR dept said anyone can handle it if I address it using the first address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
Hello how really appreciate people effort here, am tired of waiting, submitted since October 15 2020

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenmama03(f): 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
okay now i get it. Thank you
lentomac:

Doing Medicals and Biometrics same day can only happen if your booking dates for both of them falls in the same day.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by samsung007(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:
Manitoba Don they issue admission for September?

I don't think so.

U of W hasn't started sha(i think so)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
Postgraduate diploma or ordinary diploma??
Kayyyy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenmama03(f): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
Hello all please this is my situation, can someone help me answer these questions:
My husband will stay back with the kids and my mum has also agreed to help take care of them during this period.
Is there a need to swear any affidavit to prove these points?
I read here that some people submitted a letter of support from their family but I don't understand exactly how to go about it. I'll appreciate If I can also get a sample from someone. Please help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
Who else got admission to Nova Scotia Community College for the Fall session?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
Klianud:

See timeline below:

Timeline

PPR is raining!!!!! Congratulations to you. I tap into your timeline Lol.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
Congratulations to Kilanud,recxa, Kayyy and everyother person that got their PPR recently. I tap into your testimonies and I declare that I will receive mine this week in Jesus name Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Good day house.

IRCC
PO Box 7500
Sydney NS
BIP OAP
Canada

Or

The Visa Officer
Visa Section
Lagos.

To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tiara97: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
Congratulations!!

Kayyyy:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
Yk45:
I think second address is better. That is what I used for mine.

Thank you.
Is it also true that Nigeria does not have Canadian Visa office and that visa applications submitted can be sent to the closest visa offices outside Nigeria, depending on who handles it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.