Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (869913 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jetline: 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
Hi Nairalanders in Canada,
I need CAD$ , if anyone is interested in exchange please pm me and give me your rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
samycage:
My People, God has finally done it.
My Application took exactly 360 days. 5 more days to make it 1 year.
But God has done it. PPR dropped yesterday.

Thanks to everyone here for the help and posts.
Specials thanks to @awys and @meemeeibrahim22.

My PAPER Application Timeline goes thus
-Applied: 20th March 2020.
- Biometrics done: 20th March
- Got AIP (Approval-in-principle) : 25th September 2020
- Medical Request: 1st October 2020
- Document Request (New LOA):- 5th October
- Medical Updated to Passed: 14th October 2020.
- Biometric Validity Letter (BVL) :- February 26th,2021.
- Original passport request (PPR):- March 15th, 2021. (17 days after BVL)

Sent several Webforms and Mails before PPR dropped.

Goodluck to everyone waiting.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!

May the Land of Canada favour you!

Congratulations!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
Rootiab:
For those who had there eligibility review started from 1-10th February. Do you still get ghost updates?
Cause for me I don't oo

My eligibility started on 9th or 10th February and I dont think I've seen any ghost update at all, dont even know what the ghost looks like grin.
Anyways, IRCC cannot comman give me HBP, I may eventually start online if I dont hear from them before resumption.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by eriax12: 10:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
Klianud:
God has finally done it. First time applicant, am so grateful for the information gotten from this platform, it really helped me.

See timeline below:

Timeline
1. Submitted application online-8th Jan
2. Confirmation of submission-9th Jan
3. Biometrics request-9th Jan
4. Biometrics done and updated-11th Jan
5. NSE request - 12th Jan
6. Background checks started- 17th Jan
7. NSE request provided- 23rd Jan
8. NSE request updated -25th Jan
9. Eligibility review started -27th Jan
10. Submission confirmation from IRCC- 7th Feb
11. Medical request-22nd Feb
12. Medicals done- 4th March
13. Medicals updated to passed- 6th March
14. PPR and BVL dropped - March 15th

This is the week of PPRs, Amen!

Congrats bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 11:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
samycage:

. Congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MamaIva: 11:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
Whats a ghost update like ??

Rootiab:
For those who had there eligibility review started from 1-10th February. Do you still get ghost updates?
Cause for me I don't oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 11:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
Wendyok:
hello everyone, please I would like to apply to a college because of my Cgpa...it's on a 2:2. would you advice that I do a two years diploma or I do a pgc for one year?

if I do a pgc, can I do another pgc immediately after the first one?
I would like to seek your opinion on this please...

Yes you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
Good day
Please what's the best and cheaper route to use and pay for tuition fees. I tried using flywire but the exchange rate is very high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenmama03(f): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2021
The minimum standard is that you should have your one year tuition plus CAD 10k living expenses. If you have up to that and a bit more like 3k for transportation and miscellaneous you can work with it. Based on other people's experiences here I think having too much money may even be a problem especially if you can't defend the source of income. I'm also learning and gathering documents for my application so maybe the gurus can explain better. Good luck.

Emmyzdon:
I paid 1.8 million naira deposit. I don’t have any dependant going with me. My husband has a lucrative business and my mum will be in charge of the welfare and upkeep of my baby.
Is my proof of fund ok?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BubbaNaya: 12:02am On Mar 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone that applied to Mcmaster university for the accelerated nursing program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by feclela(m): 12:06am On Mar 17, 2021
Please guys I need SOP samples or used ones to serve as a guide for me.

You can send it to feyilaspo@gmail.com

Please guys I will be expecting...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omankem8(f): 12:11am On Mar 17, 2021
samycage:

Huge Congratulations �
It has ended in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 12:17am On Mar 17, 2021
[quote author=feclela post=99947185]Please guys I need SOP samples or used ones to serve as a guide for me.

You can send it to feyilaspo@gmail.com

Please guys I will be expecting...[/quot

Check online you will see plenty of them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 1:13am On Mar 17, 2021
ericksen:
Just got my passport back from VFS Lagos.
Used UPS (2-way for N3900) on my street (Victoria Island, Lagos) on 1/03/2021.
My passport got to VFS on 3/03/2021.
Started getting their notifications back and forth.
Passport came back today 16/03/2021 @1PM.
I didn't call or email VFS even once.
Everything went on smoothly.

KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE GUYS.

IT WILL DEFINITELY END IN PRAISE FOR ALL OF US.

I will drop my profile soon.

Congratulations travel plans begins
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 1:29am On Mar 17, 2021
Rootiab:
Cause for me I don't oo

I got ghost update yesterday and a day before. Also had two few days after my review started in mid February.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by librangyps(f): 1:53am On Mar 17, 2021
Please who has a contact at alagbon for police character certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 4:46am On Mar 17, 2021
ganiruogene:
Good day
Please what's the best and cheaper route to use and pay for tuition fees. I tried using flywire but the exchange rate is very high.
Get an invoice on the Flywire then take it to the bank to use Form A you can send me a mail to tell you how to go about it .That rate on Flywire is outregeously high I wonder where they get their rate from it's cheaper using a form A you will save more using Form A.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 4:47am On Mar 17, 2021
librangyps:
Please who has a contact at alagbon for police character certificate?
If it's Study permit you want to use it for you don't need it @Frankrobbn1 said it's not a mandatory document so don't bother yourself getting it for your study permit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 5:29am On Mar 17, 2021
Sleekcee:
Good evening all. Please I have a question. Can a visa officer cancel your study permit application? I don't mean deny but cancel. I used an agent and we applied on 1st of September 2020. Got a letter requesting for ielts on 16th Dec and the letter stated that if I don't submit by feb 17th they will proceed with denial. I have submitted since 30th Jan and uptill now no response. Recently I noticed my application number on my biometrics request letter was different from the ielts request letter. When I asked the agent he said the visa officer cancelled my first application and asked them to reapply. I asked why he said no reason that the visa officer has the right to cancel your application at anytime. They never told me of this until yesterday wen I asked. Please what could make the visa officer cancel it? They reapplied and paid another application fee on September 29th without telling me. It was when they sent me a screenshot of my account I saw 29th as transmission date. In the first application of 1st September I was getting mails from IRCC but all of a sudden I don't . Now I found out they did not use my email during the second application and my school starts in May. Please what can I do?

Hello Sleekcee,

The VO has no right to automatically cancel an application, but has the right to cancel an already approved application if the final decision was induced by error.

Before any such decision is taken, especially when there is doubt or need for further verification or confimation, the VO may advise the applicant via email (or procedural fairness letter) or as the case may be.

The bottom truth is, based on your post, your first application was refused. The person in charge has to quickly reapply for a second time. Please, this may not be accurate. To be sure, use the previous application number if you know it to request for your GCMS notes. Th truth lies therein.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jizzle01(m): 5:44am On Mar 17, 2021
congratulations !!

Klianud:
God has finally done it. First time applicant, am so grateful for the information gotten from this platform, it really helped me.

See timeline below:

Timeline
1. Submitted application online-8th Jan
2. Confirmation of submission-9th Jan
3. Biometrics request-9th Jan
4. Biometrics done and updated-11th Jan
5. NSE request - 12th Jan
6. Background checks started- 17th Jan
7. NSE request provided- 23rd Jan
8. NSE request updated -25th Jan
9. Eligibility review started -27th Jan
10. Submission confirmation from IRCC- 7th Feb
11. Medical request-22nd Feb
12. Medicals done- 4th March
13. Medicals updated to passed- 6th March
14. PPR and BVL dropped - March 15th

This is the week of PPRs, Amen!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:09am On Mar 17, 2021
samycage:

congrats.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:11am On Mar 17, 2021
oyibo4real:

My eligibility started on 9th or 10th February and I dont think I've seen any ghost update at all, dont even know what the ghost looks like grin.
Anyways, IRCC cannot comman give me HBP, I may eventually start online if I dont hear from them before resumption.
when are you resuming?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:14am On Mar 17, 2021
MamaIva:
Whats a ghost update like ??

From my understanding. Your status would would change to Application/profile update. That means someone is working on your application at the back end.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by librangyps(f): 6:20am On Mar 17, 2021
awys:

If it's Study permit you want to use it for you don't need it @Frankrobbn1 said it's not a mandatory document so don't bother yourself getting it for your study permit application.

Its neccessary if the person has travel history
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 6:27am On Mar 17, 2021
Good morning everyone. I don't know if I'm wrong about this but nse may not be 20 days. It's ranging from 30 to 40 days.
20 days was when the processing times was at 8 weeks. Now its 15 weeks so literally It's 20 × 2= 40 days. So from 30 to 40 days if you submit your nse documents before getting replying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:31am On Mar 17, 2021
Fresh88Man:
Hello justmellow, thanks for the responds. She just got a mail today to submit her passport ..I really appreciate you man.

Hello Fresh88Man,

Big Congratulations bro! Thank you for the revert.

My best wishes to her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:42am On Mar 17, 2021
Chinny01:
Good day everyone. Please help me with some advice. I am really confused on the next step to take.... In the past I applied for studies in Ireland through UKEAS and they adviced I use a joint account to show proof of fund as well as increase my home ties. Now I am trying to use that same joint account to apply for a Canadian study permit and I am been adviced not to present that account or better still remove my husband's name from the account to increase my chances of showing proof of fund because if I don't, the money will split into the number of people in my family and their potion of the monies will be removed then the remaining is used to judge my application

Hello Chinny01,

Do not remove your spouse's name nor split the funds. Talk to your account officer to assist you in issuing a reference letter from the bank stating both of you are sole signitory to the account and the funds is easily and readily accessible to you at any time.

From your spouse, a concise letter of explanation to acknowlegded the easy accesibility of the funds by you at any given time.

If you have other financial (investment) record, certificate, or document; include it to support your POF.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 7:09am On Mar 17, 2021
JustMellow

Still not heard from Manitoba for September admission, though i got student number is there any reason to be worried?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iykedpetes(m): 7:19am On Mar 17, 2021
samycage:

Congrats

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iykedpetes(m): 7:24am On Mar 17, 2021
Wendyok:
hello everyone, please I would like to apply to a college because of my Cgpa...it's on a 2:2. would you advice that I do a two years diploma or I do a pgc for one year?

1. Yes you can apply PGC in any collage in canny i guess that should be the best option for you

2.yes you can apply for another PGC b4 you round up the first one' like a month b4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:34am On Mar 17, 2021
mullingtee:
Hi all I submitted my application February 17th, and getting really nervous age is not on my side (32 this march) I graduated with LLB 2.2 from a university in cyprus went to law school Ielts 7.5, father as a sponsor with properties verified by an estate valuer worth over 170 million deposited 10k cad for tuition at CBU, working experience is minimal as I just finished from law school 2019, in father's affidavit he mentioned he is sponsoring my education with the hope of me coming back to take over his business (A hotel) I am going for a 2 years post Post-Baccalaureate Diploma I wrote a one page SOP. Unfortunately I discovered this forum after submission, it would have helped alot, I am concerned about my work experience given my age, I also omitted my first degree details leaving my post secondary education with a 7 year gap, I was unable to get transcript and cert up till now its still under processing typical naija university. I dont know I think my chances are slim, I submitted my Ielts and 12 months MBS of the Hotel's account (No personal accounts )where I am also a director and shareholder (for Nse with upfront medicals). It is more than 20 days now only medical has been updated to pass tis was 26th of Feburary.

Hello Mullingtee,

Just allow your application play out and try to calm yourself. If your study interest demonstrates study progression—which you left out from your post and if your letter clearly outlines the progression, that's one hurdle jumped.

But, if not...

Ultimately, remain calm; prepare yourself for the worst and stay hopeful for the best. This might just be another unprecendented successful application.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2021
Rootiab:
Good morning everyone. I don't know if I'm wrong about this but nse may not be 20 days. It's ranging from 30 to 40 days.
20 days was when the processing times was at 8 weeks. Now its 15 weeks so literally It's 20 × 2= 40 days. So from 30 to 40 days if you submit your nse documents before getting replying.
Omo, this one that they have increased the processing time like this what will now happen because as at when I sent webform and mail the processing time was 14weeks now my application is 16 weeks no response sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76