Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (868598 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by demure178(m): 12:20pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please College graduate certificate would be under which section?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NEYOT88: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
JustMellow:
This thread is running really fast. I wish that the good news of Part 17 continue to flow into this Part 18.

Remember, information is useless if you can't put it into good use. Don't just rely on the information someone gives to you. That person is only human and human errors are inevitable.

Spend more time researching on subject areas that is majorly a necessity or addressing the loops in your application.

There is no best application, LUCK is the key factor. No matter how knowledgeable, anyone can be delayed.

Let's keep the thread interesting by introducing new topic area relating to the purpose of the thread. Desist from repetitive questions. Before a question is asked, first use the SEARCH bar to see if it has already been answered or ask for further clarify if it wasn't.

The LUCK is the star in your lonely nights. Wish upon it and believe, only after doing the right thing as see fit to the best of your knowledge.

To a happy ending, I will be here to say a Big Congratulations to those whose calls were picked.

BTW, who has paid NBCC's Confirmation Fee from within Canada. What's the process?

May Canada's soil be under everyone's feet soon!

I paid for my NBCC's Confirmation fee from outside Canada via Paymytuition but their rate is on the highside.

I was initially using a Canadian card but it was declining then I mailed the school to complain, the school responded that the merchant does not accept a Master or Visa Debit card that it must be a Master or Visa Credit card inorder for the payment to be successful.

I'm still trying to figure out on how to pay for my first year tuition fee because paymytuition takes up to a week for my pay to be Confirmed by NBCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Raalsalghul: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
skull4eva:

Use GTB mastercard

Used a GTB mastercard and payment still declined. Will try again sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Raalsalghul: 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Raalsalghul,

Try a dollar card.

Maybe I'll try this, heading to the bank tomorrow.

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
NO. Admission decisions are typically made by the "Academic unit" within the school you applied to. What that letter meant is that, the "Academic unit" did not recommend you for admission.
Chimzy4real:
Please was this decision influenced by the people i used for recommendations. Please so i know how to reapply again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
recxa:
Can someone explain to me what this tuition receipt needed at the POE is? I paid my tuition via e-pay and I don't have that receipt. What I have is the school's receipt. That is my account summary showing the fees I paid for my winter term? Would this be enough? Thanks
Yes it will be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kakokako: 1:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
evergold:
Is there anyone that travelled recently? Please give us your traveling gist. I am traveling on Friday on Ethiopian Airlines

Mo serious package. Just pack all your serious load in the main luggage bags, 23_23, carry on luggage is just 7kg. Ni liquid in your carry on luggage, pack enough enough snack in the bag....e get why

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
OlanikeOba:
I have gotten an admission in Humber college for fall 2021 to study global business Management.
When is the appropriate month to apply for the study permit please?
Now!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 2:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Shayee35:
Hello everyone.

I need help please! I submitted my study permit application October 4, did Biometrics October 9 or so.

In November I got notification to submit documents for the NSE stream which I did. I got a response from them Nov 30 saying that my documents are under review. My classes start 18 January 2021 and I am wondering the next step to take as I not received any update yet. I am considering these options and need your insights on the best option to take:

1. Go and do upfront medical. (I am on the IOM website and I can't even get a date up till March 1. Am I doing something wrong or are the dates really booked?!)

I don't know the Qlife website so I need guidance here.

2. Write the school to defer my resumption to May 2021. Is this too premature or I should wait a few more weeks?

I feel that since the NSE processing time is 20days, I should have gotten feedback by now. I know reality can be different but I can't wait around doing nothing when I have you guys to share your insights.

Thanks for reading, I value your contributions.

Have a great Sunday.
Deferring your admission depends on the deadline given by your school, if it remains a day to the deadline and you didn't hear from IRCC then you can defer.
Ask your school for the deadline then decide.
As for IRCC, you can send a reminder to them asking for update on your application since processing time for NSE has elapsed (though the processing time for the normal route hasn't)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
NEYOT88:

I paid for my NBCC's Confirmation fee from outside Canada via Paymytuition but their rate is on the highside.

I was initially using a Canadian card but it was declining then I mailed the school to complain, the school responded that the merchant does not accept a Master or Visa Debit card that it must be a Master or Visa Credit card inorder for the payment to be successful.

I'm still trying to figure out on how to pay for my first year tuition fee because paymytuition takes up to a week for my pay to be Confirmed by NBCC.

Hello NEYOT88,

How much were you charged in total via Paymytuition and at what rate?

Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NEYOT88: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello NEYOT88,

How much were you charged in total via Paymytuition and at what rate?

Best wishes.

Please see below mail from paymytuition
I was charge 399 Naira to Canadian Dollar

Thank you for starting your tuition payment for 500.00 in CAD to New Brunswick Community College.

Please complete your transfer by Online Bank Transfers in NGN of 199,395.00 NGN to Paymytuition by MTFX before 12/16/2020.

Your payment ID is NB-0110286 and should be referenced in your payment. Please note that if we do not receive your payment within 48 hours we will not be able to process your transaction or honor the currency rate we have quoted you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jekkikku: 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
I am also going to NBCC.we can huck up.chat me up on 07066637726.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jideks: 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please seniors in the house, can I submit a fixed deposit certificate from the bank as proof of POF?
My program is a research based masters and I have funding which covers my tuition. I just need to show proof for living expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NEYOT88: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
Jekkikku:
I am also going to NBCC.we can huck up.chat me up on 07066637726.

No wahala
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Anyone here submitted nse without mybankstatment?
i have written my ielts: 7.5
I have gotten the one for UBA which has 7Million naira in it,
i have paid 9K out of my fees for 15K,
Going to conestoga college,
The other bank account i want to use has 10Million in it and i want to add it as part of my proof of funds, but the bank is First Bank and it hasnt opted for mybankstatment as of yet so i plan on using the bulky paper bank statment along with my UBA mybankstatment certificate.
Please if anyone used a letter to explain to ircc that their bank hasnt opted for mybankstatement please could you share your letter format so i can know how to proceed.
Much thanks and it is really appriciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
thanks for your response. i am trying to process computer science for university of british columbia, on the requirement was a graduate with second class upper or a 4. in a 5point scale. now the issue is i finished with a 3.59 in a 5point scale which is also a second class upper. pls in your opinion do i still stand a chance. would have tried colleges but the 1year pgwp is a stumbling block, looking at PR in the future. your opinion is much needed. thank you.

Akannitommy:
Hi,

Although the image is only apart of the decision letter, I can conclude a few things from the "excerpt" as follows;

The letter is writing by an admission committee or admission unit of the university.

This admission team/unit are charged with communicating admission decision to applicants.

In this particular instant, the decision is negative and they are letting you know it was based on recommendation of the department you applied to (hence, that is your prospective "academic unit"wink

I cannot see anything in this communication that suggests the decision was due to your referees (same as the people you used for recommendations)

Rather an admission decision is often the result of several factors taken together including your academic and/or research profiles and quality of other applicants in that cohort compared to you.

Although quality of your recommendations may be score you some good advantage, but I doubt it can really compensate for or weigh more than other (academic/research/work or community development experiences) factors.

It shall end in praises!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Supernatural198: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hello everyone. Thanks to those who aired their opinions and advice on what my cousin should do . So now he has decided to go for supply chain management . My questions are as follows
Does he need IELTS examination for pgd? Which schools should he look out for if he IELTS is not required. And will he require to pay the full school fees before admission ?
Thanks in advance for all responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sirromey(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Congrats. Is it Lufthansa u flew?
BlegendE:
Good morning Friends. Finally, I am in Saskatchewan Canada. I came in on the 17th of December.

GOD is indeed a amazing.

Now I am seriously looking for a cheap accomodation. I don't mind sharing. Please chat me up if you have any link.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sirromey:
Congrats. Is it Lufthansa u flew?
try places4students.com cheap and very fast responses!.
Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Godsblessings: 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
Rickywowoz:

No...Airbnb is not group home because sometimes there might be just one person in the house/apartment
how do you make payment to Airbnb it's denying debit card , also tried PayPal, denied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Godsblessings: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
NairaLuck:
Airbnb is your best bet
pls which ATM work well on Airbnb?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chidon40: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
Does IRCC accept General Training IELTS for NSE Study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Chidon40:
Does IRCC accept General Training IELTS for NSE Study permit?
yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rickywowoz: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
Godsblessings:
how do you make payment to Airbnb it's denying debit card , also tried PayPal, denied

I really have no idea how to pay from Nigeria. I'm sure some people here have done it, they might be able to help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NairaLuck: 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Godsblessings:
pls which ATM work well on Airbnb?
I contacted someone with a dollar card, so I sent the naira equivalent to him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NairaLuck: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Rickywowoz:

I really have no idea how to pay from Nigeria. I'm sure some people here have done it, they might be able to help.
Our cards are limited, so it can't pay the entire amount at once. So if you know anyone in Canada, or Nigeria who has a funded $ DOM Account, you can contact them to help you.
Note: they determine their exchange rate not the Market, but there's room for negotiation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by King202: 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
Greetings all,

Anyone coming to Edmonton or Toronto?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Godsblessings: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
NairaLuck:

I contacted someone with a dollar card, so I sent the naira equivalent to him
this is serious o, I have been trying to pay since , it's just denying my cards !! anyone in the house , paid with naira card on Airbnb or booking.com should share their input on procedure to pay!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Godsblessings: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
this is serious o, I have been trying to pay since , it's just denying my cards !! anyone in the house , paid with naira card on Airbnb or booking.com should share their input on procedure to pay!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OlanikeOba: 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
mcobex:
Now!!!

Wow. Really? Thanks for the response.

Can I use pounds domiciliary account for proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hello OlanikeOba,

Yes, you can.
OlanikeOba:

Wow. Really? Thanks for the response.

Can I use pounds domiciliary account for proof of funds?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.