Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (868374 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
ABOUT RENEWING PASSPORT
Passport was to expire February 2021 and I applied November 2020, was advised to apply with the old one while I try to process the renewal before I get a response from IRCC.

There's also a thread on Nairaland for obtaining international Passport in Nigeria, check there for people's post(don't go and pay money to anybody there o as there are many post saying DM me for fast processing so thread carefully)
Got my passport early this year(2021) so I just sent the new data page via webform to IRCC and also included it in my account when they sent request for NSE.

Copied from @JustMellow: There is no worries applying with the soon to expire passport. Prior to submitting your application and before a final decision is made, you should have been able to renew it and update IRCC via CSE so it can be included to your file. This means when the PPR drops, you will only have to send the renewed passport for stamping.
It won't be advisable to send a soon to expire passport for stamping as the visa will be issued based on the duration of the PP.

ABOUT NSE REQUIREMENTS
Didn't have IELTS, read a post where someone said he submitted letter of waiver from his Uni so I did same and included a little background story and also included the page from my proposed school in Canada's website where they said Nigerians
are exempted from submitting proof of English proficiency.
Uploaded my bank statement certificate
Sponsor isn't based in Nigeria so no MBS, he requested a reference letter from his bank and I attached with 12 months bank statements(there statement isn't voluminous like ours for Naija, 1 page or max or 2 pages was okay for one month). 
Basically reuploaded everything I uploaded for Financial support before incase they decide to only use NSE documents and I put a note to explain with table of content as well.

MEDICAL EXPERIENCE AT QLIFE
Booked online and also made payment online of 40,000. Didn't receive any confirmation mail so I placed a call through to confirm my slot and also sent a mail so it can be documented (auditors always need physical evidence �). I was actually offered another date before 6th of March but it was a weekday and I didn't want to skip work so I declined. (Just incase you don't see any date that's close enough on the site, you can call to confirm just incase someone cancelled and they can fix you in the slot)

Arrived qlife at about 7:45 on the Saturday, already met people seated, I think I was number 15 or thereabout. Washed hands did the normal covid protocols, signed in them was handed a white slip to fill and was asked to sit and wait.  Someone came to collect our international passport, the white slip that was given to us and the medical request form (this isn't needed if it's an upfront medical). Figured others that were there earlier had been attended to and they were called in to start the process. Sat under the canopy for about 30 to 45 minutes before they came to call the second set in. At the reception we were asked to fill a form and our photographs were taken, then we were called to confirm our names and date of birth and then handed back our passport,e-medical slip, urine bottle and a form for the doctor and nurses to fill as we were being attended to. Went to see someone else to confirm payment, she asked for payment slip which she sighted and kept and wrote a receipt for me then gave me 3 colored circle tags for Blood, vitals and vision test and xray. We were called in according to the numbers on the tags, the process was quite fast for me though. I think all that took about another 45 minutes to 1 hour and then I finally saw the doctor, he asked some normal health questions and checked for some other things. The nurses and doctor were quite professional, they ensured they explain what they are about to do before they proceed. I liked that cause it prepared my mind for what I was expecting.

Returned the urine bottle and the medical form back to the receptionist and was told that was the end of the process. I think I left there around 10 a.m or thereabout.

ENSURE YOU GO WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT OR A COPY AND DON'T FORGET TO ASK FOR IT BEFORE LEAVING ENEN THOUGH IT SHOULD BE HANDED OVER TO YOU BEFORE THE TEST ENDS. SENT THE E-MEDICAL SHEET TO NAIROBI AND SOME OTHER OFFICES VIA WEBFORM AND MAIL.

I WISH EVERYONE ON THIS JOURNEY GOD'S FAVOUR. IT WILL DEFINITELY END IN PRAISES.

OGA FRANKROBBN I HAIL O����

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lobinche101(m): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
Pls I have downloaded and uploaded my Adobe reader more than 10 times. This still keeps coming back. What can I do

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
Thank you.

deommanuel:

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
LOL.

I can help u with mine. Are u based in Lagos?

[quote author=Iberisamuel90 post=100001524][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by pheobee: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hi Guys,

Please I need some help,

I started my Canadian student Visa application in February and my course starts on the 3rd of May, I got a request letter for NSE on the 1st of March and I've submitted my IELTS results on the 17th, I had to quickly write the exam. I have not gotten any response yet, but I tried to book for an upfront medical and the next available date for the Lagos centres are after the 20th of April. I am worried that the process will extent pass my resumption date and I am not sure what to do, can I still request a refund after resumption if my VISA is not approved?

Please I need advice on what to do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
I got another correspondence letter. Is it loi?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
pheobee:
Hi Guys,

Please I need some help,

I started my Canadian student Visa application in February and my course starts on the 3rd of May, I got a request letter for NSE on the 1st of March and I've submitted my IELTS results on the 17th, I had to quickly write the exam. I have not gotten any response yet, but I tried to book for an upfront medical and the next available date for the Lagos centres are after the 20th of April. I am worried that the process will extent pass my resumption date and I am not sure what to do, can I still request a refund after resumption if my VISA is not approved?

why ask for a refund when you can defer your admission to fall semester?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mofolam: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2021
Glasses08:
CONT'D FROM PREVIOUS POST

Started with my LOE(there was a format I saw here that helped) and addressed each points raised, finally decided to ask a question here October 2020 on one concern I wasn't sure about and @Chocs @Lekiboboe helped me out.

Second application submitted November 18, 2020.

Tthis time I arranged the documents according to how I was referencing them in my SOP and LOE, created a table of content, titled each document so the VO knows what they are looking for, where it is, what purpose is it serving in the application).  Please note its not enough to just put all the documents and then leave the VO to figure them out, they have a lot of applications to attend to and can't be trying to understand yours for a week so make their job easier for them too.

FINANCIAL SUPPORT: Here, I knew I was still going to reapply after I was delayed in 2018 so my mum was already helping to build my account statement, opened a mutual fund where we were just saving money monthly and never withdrew from it so when I was ready to reapply the account had a good inflow and balance. I was already working too so I had some money.
Documents Submitted
1. Sponsor's bank statement
2. Sponsor's pay stub
3. Sponsor's letter of reference this time explaining why he wanted to sponsor me and stated his annual income,  balance etc. Just included more details than the 1st one submitted.  (Used a format I saw here for Sponsor's affidavit of support)
4. My personal payslip
5. My work ID and employment letter
6. My salary account statement with reference letter. Only balance was 10k CAD my sponsor sent to me a week before my application to show for living expenses. Unfortunately here he didn't make the transfer directly from his account, a 3rd party was involved so I had to explain that, @chocs and @frankrobbn1 helped me out here. He sent me a screenshot of his conversation with the 3rd party. I also attached screenshot of our conversation about him sending me the money. (Had to do this to explain the sudden lumpsum deposit in my account)
7. Mutual fund account statement in my name with a reference letter. Had a balance of about 31k CAD
8. Student account statement from school showing balance of about 6500CAD that has been left there since 2018. (Made sure I mentioned this point in my SOP so they can know my sponsor is serious about sponsoring me if not he won't leave the money with the school for almost 2⁩ years, he also mentioned it in his letter of support)
9. Evidence of tuition deposit by sponsor
10. Email conversation between myself and sponsor dated as far back as 2015/16 when I was still in Uni, used to send my school result to him via mail as he was also my sponsor. Found one DHL paper of when uncle sent books to me to prepare for GMAT, I sha add that one too join as far as his name and my name was showing on the paper.
11. Photograph with him and his family the last time they visited me in Uni. Photograph of Mum with Uncle and family too
12. Letter of consent by my mum stating she's aware of my admission and that my uncle has agreed to sponsor and he has always been there since she lost her husband(my dad/my uncle's brother) blah blah

Copied from @Chocs: You uncle can transfer your living expenses to your account. And make mention that he has done that in his Letter of sponsorship and that he’ll continue supporting you throughout your studies. You should also mention in your SOP that your uncle has transferred that to you on so so date and attach your bank statement. You can include an affidavit of support from a court done by your uncle if you want.
Bearing a surname is not enough proof. They want to be sure you have access to the person’s money. Sending your living expenses can help convince (minimum of 10,000 cad)
Stating that this uncle has been supporting you since is good but if there’s no proof, the visa officer can disregard it. If your uncle has ever sent a huge amount of money to you or something that shows he has ever supported you financially, you can attach that proof.

P.s all documents were arranged according to how they were being referenced in the LOE. The struggle to reduce those to 4mb and also ensure it was readable was more than merging the files together.

ACADEMIC
Bsc
Student copy of transcript
NYSC
WAEC
CV
Certificates that were relevant to my proposed programme, had already completed ICAN as at now so I included my certificate (proudly)

TRAVEL HISTORY
Only been to Ghana with my family about 10 years ago so I just included copies of stamped passport and pictures we took at Ghana. Explained in my LOE that I haven't had reasons to travel as I was focusing on my academics and exploring local tourist centres in my country during summer breaks (as per patriotic Nigerian). Also included police clearance certificate here to show that I have been a good girl all through staying in my Country and hence adhering to rules in Canada no go hard me.
Experts here advised that travel history as a reason for refusal hardly matters as far as you can address other concerns well and I've also read profiles of people on the platform that got approved with fresh passports.  So I didn't bother to put too much story here

HOME TIES

1.Siblings birth certificate (I am the 1st child so I explained we have a strong bond and I am responsible for them as per 1st child
2.My birth certificate (to show we have same mother)
3.Mum's birth certificate
4.Dad's death certificate (God rest his soul in perfect peace,Amen.)
5.land documents with my name on it; payment receipt, agreement and survey
Same land documents for 2 more properties. Explained how my mum is elderly and I will need to return to help her monitor the properties and her school as well.
Pictures with mum and siblings
Even picture with my cute Lhasa dog (just one tiny picture at the end o, incase the VO no like dogs make I no go vex am)
6.Work ID
7.Tax clearance card,National ID, certificate of Origin(as per good citizen wey dey pay tax)
8.ICAN membership card - explained that I have to practise for sometime with a firm in Naija to become a Fellow of the institute so I will come back come practise)
9.Pension statement
You can also include pictures with your aged grandparents especially if you have a strong bond with them, just tell the VO you will be back to spend time with them as you are closely knitted blah blah.

P.s all documents were arranged according to how they were being referenced in the LOE with table of content.

PURPOSE OF VISIT
used same SOP I used in my 1st application, I just had to explain the course better and its job prospects. How schooling in Canada will help me get higher positions and align with my future career and how I have passion in the field. Obtained certifications in the area to help me better etc.
The story here was almost 2 pages but I made them flow so it doesn't get boring.

Like it has always been said,all you need for this process is on this platform, ( you might need one or two clarifications along the line) you just need to invest the time. It took me a year plus to repackage my application and I am grateful to God it paid off. Used solely information gotten from here and maybe one or 2 DMs to some gurus. My sweet boyfriend helped proofread and edit both my LOE and SOP, we merged and compressed and compressed till we got a good size and quality. Even links to compress files are on this platform.

This is a long read but I hope it's worth it and helps someone that comes to read in future. Please ask all questions here and I will try to respond to the ones I have answers to if not the gurus will help us. I might not really entertain answering questions in DM so others can verify my answers and correct me where I might be wrong since I am not an expert in this immigration thing.
Pls. From my understanding LOE/SOP should be written in essay format. Pls How where u referencing the documents in the table of content? Was it in bracket? E.g (see no. 5)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
Pease which IRCC address should I give my bank to send mybankstatement to? Please I urgently need an answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
pheobee:
Hi Guys,

Please I need some help,

you can defer the admission to sept

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
pheobee:
Hi Guys,

Please I need some help,

I started my Canadian student Visa application in February and my course starts on the 3rd of May, I got a request letter for NSE on the 1st of March and I've submitted my IELTS results on the 17th, I had to quickly write the exam. I have not gotten any response yet, but I tried to book for an upfront medical and the next available date for the Lagos centers is after the 20th of April. I am worried that the process will extend past my resumption date and I am not sure what to do, can I still request a refund after resumption if my VISA is not approved?

Defer your admission till August/September and then check online for your school's refund policy[for the fees]. There are due dates for withdrawing from a program, you have to pay attention to that so you would not lose your money. I deferred for a term and even after that, I had to resume online due to the visa not being ready.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
lobinche101:
Pls I have downloaded and uploaded my Adobe reader more than 10 times. This still keeps coming back. What can I do

The form won't open on your browser. You have to right click and save it or download it on your system. Maybe to your downloads or documents. Then open it from there

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
We have the same timeline but I started mine on January 12 but submitted nse match 1st, my review started 9th after I sent mail to alert them of it.

But I made a mistake on my imm1294e form sent webforms and emails of corrected version. I hope it works out fine.

Can I chat you up so we can talk off here please

pheobee:
Hi Guys,

Please I need some help,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2021
lobinche101:
This happened to me. Right-click on the application>Properties>Compatibility>Run this program in compatibility mode for(if you're using Windows 10, change it to windows 8. If windows 8 doesn't work, try the older versions).

If it doesn't work, download a standalone version https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/enterprise/

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
lobinche101:

It seems you're opening the document using Google Chrome instead of Adobe Reader.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonofEguasa: 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Similar Timeline, application submitted November 18 2020... There is God sha
Benquip:
Biometrics completed since November 23rd, Eligibility review started 2 weeks ago after sending mail and webforms to All the IRCC center, Next week Friday is deadline to submit confirmation letter to school and I am presently in my 10th week of lectures online... No response from IRCC on either BVL or PPR .. Is there anyone with a similar situation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lobinche101(m): 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
ganiruogene:

The form won't open on your browser. You have to right click and save it or download it on your system. Maybe to your downloads or documents. Then open it from there
Thanks man... It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
ganiruogene:
Pease which IRCC address should I give my bank to send mybankstatement to? Please I urgently need an answer.
To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
Thank you @Glasses08 for taking your time to write about your experience. People like you is the reason Nairaland exist. Genuinely wishing you all the best.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2021
Thanks. Wishing you the best too

shupy:
Thank you @Glasses08 for taking your time to write about your experience. People like you is the reason Nairaland exist. Genuinely wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Lekiboboe:

To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
[Please see the attached. Hope it's clear

quote author=Mofolam post=100022465]
Pls. From my understanding LOE/SOP should be written in essay format. Pls How where u referencing the documents in the table of content? Was it in bracket? E.g (see no. 5)[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
Please if one is able to provide all this will it be able to go through nse route

Anon123:

To submit is not compulsory as submitting or not submitting does not guarantee an approval.

if you submit only the bank statement, then you can get an IELTS waiver from your intended school in canada and maybe here in naija saying your were issued an admission after meeting the relevant admission requirements most especially English proficiency and also your were taught in english respectively.
no, master, pgd or undergraduate pace of visa processing are all identical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2021
When be deadline for MUN for fall ?

Anon123

JustMellow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
deommanuel:

Hello,

Have you done upfront medicals?
Yes, I have done medical and biometrics. Medical reflected 20th November while Biometrics was updated 23rd the day I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
skull4eva:

send webform and email to IRCC asking for an application update explain ur condition and attach ur letter of enrolmemt it shud work
I have done the aforementioned several times and even attached my school fees receipt for first semester.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2021
Rani001:
Please if one is able to provide all this will it be able to go through nse route

If you mean going through NSE route, yes pls though I recommended based on persons that have been successful with it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

Anon123

JustMellow
Middle next month probably
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
[quote author=skull4eva post=99999254]
please is the march 24 medical still available please so that i can swap for my spouse its urgent please[/quote

Is the slot for April 5th still available. I am interested oooo....plsssssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2021
Yk45:
I have appointment booked at Q-life for March 24th and IOM for April 5th. If anyone want to use it oo

Do u still have the slot available for April 5th at IOM? If yes, how do I pm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mofolam: 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Na wah. Las las it’s Jesus that will answer all my questions. E go be
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2021
TANTUMERGO007:

Anon123

JustMellow

Each courses have their deadline, then for most courses if admission is not sought before April, admission will close for the current fall.

I just got my LOA for MUN Graduate Diploma in Business Admission, though I have a 2.1 in my B.Sc, I hope with a strong and convincingly written SOP, I will get approval.

To all those expecting LOA from MUN and other universities be expectant, it will come.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.