Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (869554 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
Yes it is still available

skull4eva:

please is the march 24 medical still available please so that i can swap for my spouse its urgent please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
Glasses08:
TIMELINE
Winter 2021 intake

Submitted November 18, 2020

Didn't Notice when background check started but it was already on before I got NSE request on December 15, 2020.

Submitted NSE docs 27thDecember,2020

Confirmation of receipt of additional document December 28th,2020(via mail) status was back to Submitted from action required.

Deferred admission to Fall 2021 on January 20th which was the deadline for deferral.

Medical request- January 25th, 2021.
Noticed eligibility review started on 25th too as I checked on 24th before I slept and it was just on background check in progress.

AIP 26th of January (via mail) though the AIP was dated 25th.

Medical March 6th

Medical updated to passed March 12th

PPR and BVL March 16th.

NEW LOA VIA WEBFORM March 16th (was informed this wasn't necessary though)

Passport submission via DHL to Abuja March 18th

Will provide a detailed list of documents submitted later.

Grateful to everyone who has contributed to this platform previously and those still active, all the information gathered were helpful.
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2021
elizyous:
Hello,

What I did was to request that my transcript be sent to my friends office, as if I got a job there and they are trying to verify my credentials.

As soon as it was received by d company, my friend handed it over to me and I scanned it.

Pls can u help me with ur friend contact

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2021
Anon123:

Who be this.... una too dy give una selves wahala... Can you explain how accounting relates with economics....thats why MUN didnt grant you admission. even if they did, a visa officer will laugh and deny u.... please stick with your background accounting.. it helps u during visa stage..

It actually relates. You just have to be smart about how you link them up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Testimonytime: 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mofolam: 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
Newbie here.
Please would my bank statement And the bank statement of my sponsor be for the last four months or six months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Testimonytime: 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
Please how can reason 2 and 3 be tackled?
As for reason 1, I’m sure it’s an error cos I was never refused USA visa.

Frankrobn,Justmellow and other gurus pls come to my aid. God is my strength. Refusal is a bitter pill to swallow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 11:27pm On Mar 18, 2021
Good day

Please which IRCC address should my bank send the mybankstatement of account to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
Yk45:
Yes it is still available

for q-life abi? please how do we swap it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Goalkeeper1991: 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Congratulations on your achievement. Do you mind sharing the documents you submitted?

Testimonytime:

Congrats. The Lord that did yours will perfect baby girl’s. God is faithful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Goalkeeper1991: 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
Congratulations on this. Do you mind sharing the documents you provided especially how you showed ties to home country and how you showed proof of funds?

Glasses08:
TIMELINE
Winter 2021 intake

Submitted November 18, 2020

Didn't Notice when background check started but it was already on before I got NSE request on December 15, 2020.

Submitted NSE docs 27thDecember,2020

Confirmation of receipt of additional document December 28th,2020(via mail) status was back to Submitted from action required.

Deferred admission to Fall 2021 on January 20th which was the deadline for deferral.

Medical request- January 25th, 2021.
Noticed eligibility review started on 25th too as I checked on 24th before I slept and it was just on background check in progress.

AIP 26th of January (via mail) though the AIP was dated 25th.

Medical March 6th

Medical updated to passed March 12th

PPR and BVL March 16th.

NEW LOA VIA WEBFORM March 16th (was informed this wasn't necessary though)

Passport submission via DHL to Abuja March 18th

Will provide a detailed list of documents submitted later.

Grateful to everyone who has contributed to this platform previously and those still active, all the information gathered were helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 11:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
Please i have a question.

How am I to show proof of funds when I arrive the port of entry. Do I have to have it in my Nigerian bank account and show my Nigerian bank statement? Please how? And how much is the expected amount? 10000cad?

Cc. Justmellow, Frankrobbn1, lekibobe and other gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omankem8(f): 12:20am On Mar 19, 2021
Testimonytime:
What God cannot do does not exist.

I just received my delay letter. I believe it is well.

Submitted 21st Feb
Biometric done and updated 24th Feb
Upfront medical passed on 26th
Eligibility review atarted 16th Feb.

Pgd culinary management resuming May 3rd
Hubby as sponsor
Read law in school and practiced for 12years
Changed career at age 40 from legal practice to cook
Employed as a cook for 2 years for the purpose of experience. Present salary is 120k monthly
Hubby has over 30k cad
I had over 400k close to 500k then, though I have Over a million now

Below is the reason for the delay

If you have never been refused a USA visa, the you need to engage the services of an immigration lawyer. Before you do that, kindly request for your GCMS notes, and understand what the v.o was referring to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 12:52am On Mar 19, 2021
Testimonytime:
Please how can reason 2 and 3 be tackled?
As for reason 1, I’m sure it’s an error cos I was never refused USA visa.

Frankrobn,Justmellow and other gurus pls come to my aid. God is my strength. Refusal is a bitter pill to swallow.

First of all, please get your gcms notes. It will save you a lot of stress.

For the financial status and physical assets it can be caused by;
1. Sudden lump sum
2. Marginal support for money in ones acct.
3. No direct relationship with sponsor etc.

Please, do not dismay, get your gcms notes and repackaged your application following guidance from gurus on this platform. It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johanneiyoha(f): 2:41am On Mar 19, 2021
[same here oooo
Everyone is going through the NSE Route.
I don't have IELTS.
hope it won't take eternity to be attended to. Enjay316 post=99982361]everyone seems to be using NSE route.we that dont have IELTS.what is our fate without the use of NSE. is there anyone that got Visa through direct route?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ditha(f): 3:47am On Mar 19, 2021
Congratulations Rotiab.
Rootiab:
I have finally sent my passport to vfs today. Please I'm resuming may 10th. When is advisable to travel.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:51am On Mar 19, 2021
ditha:
Congratulations Rotiab.
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 5:59am On Mar 19, 2021
I just realised my Counterfoil has been sent since yesterday. Does that means my visa has been issued on my passport?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Officialksolo: 6:22am On Mar 19, 2021
dyce101:

Okay boss mi

How long did it take for you to withdraw it sir

Mine took me 2 days

I filed it on Wednesday and it was approved on Friday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 6:31am On Mar 19, 2021
Heroulo:

1- if its a dollar/pounds card, yes

2 - Yes, if you’re a first time applicant

3- 91 - 92k as of today, using the official lagos market.
thanks so much. The information is very useful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 7:22am On Mar 19, 2021
ToluDstar:

Nothing at all.

I’m hoping sooner than I think for my PPR tho.

Stay hopeful. It will surely come and end in praise for us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 7:34am On Mar 19, 2021
Officialksolo:

Mine took me 2 days

I filed it on Wednesday and it was approved on Friday

I filed it on Tuesday and I received this message on Wednesday evening

Is this message same as yours

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mummy4life1: 7:34am On Mar 19, 2021
Rootiab:
I just realised my Counterfoil has been sent since yesterday. Does that means my visa has been issued on my passport?
Please guru in the house, do everyone go through NSE?.

I want to apply but because of IELTS exam can't apply for study permit. I need advice please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mumayo: 8:04am On Mar 19, 2021
YinksXO:
Hello,

My daughter applied to a high school and yes she's gotten her visa, what help do you need?

Thank you for the response? which province is her school in and how long did it take to get the visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by porchy(m): 8:08am On Mar 19, 2021
Congratulations!!! See you soon cos I believe I'm gonna get an approval this time.

Rootiab:
TIMELINE! TIMELINE!! TIMELINE!!

GOD HAS BEEN WONDERFUL
FIRSTLY I WANT TO THANK EVRRYONE THAT SUPPORTED ME AND GAVE ME COURAGE. @AWYS AND @JUSTMELLOW, @FRANKROBBIN1, @DEOEMMANUEL, @LEKKIBOE. I CAN'T MENTION ALL
I FIRST STARTED MY JOURNEY IN 2019 AFTER YOUTH SERVICE. I REGISTERED A COMPANY AND I LATER FELT I DIDN'T NEED IT.
THEN 2020 AUGUST I MEET ALOT OF AGENTS. ONE AGENT TOLD ME I WON'T GET ADMISSION FOR MASTERS BECAUSE OF MY 2.2 AND I SAID, GOD IT'S IN YOUR HANDS. I MET ANOTHER THAT SAID 150K FOR MEMORIAL ADMISSION AND I EVEN WANTED TO SEND 70K AND PAY REST LATER, HE SAID NO AND I FELT GOD WAS TALKING TO ME TO DO IT ON MY OWN AND I WENT HOME AND APPLIED AND PAID AND IN 3 WEEKS MSC ADMISSION CAME. I THANK GOD. AND BY THEN I HAD NO SPONSOR, MY MOM SAID SHE WON'T PAY AND I HAVEN'T TOLD MY DAD CAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE THE ABROAD TALK AND I PRAYED AND TOLD GOD MY PROBLEMS AND I TOLD MY FATHER ABOUT IT AND HE ACCEPTED.

17TH JANUARY I APPLIED
DID UPFRONT MEDICALS AND GOT PASSED ON 21ST.
BIOMETRICS 20TH
CONFIRMATION 6TH
NSE 8TH
I SENT MAIL FROM 28TH FEBRUARY TILL TODAY 17TH MARCH. WHICH MAKES IT 2 MONTHS. 17TH, 17TH.
DOLAPO GOD WOULD BLESS U AND THERE WAS SOMEONE THAT SAID I SHOULD JOIN ONE ONLINE YOUTUBE PRAYER AND ON MONDAY 15TH THEY WERE PRAYING ABOUT CONGRATULATIONS AND I SAID GOD 17TH IS MY DAY AND 19TH IS ALSO MY BIRTHDAY. I'D BE 24 YEARS ON 19TH OF MARCH. THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT AND I'M GRATEFUL.
I TELL U. PUT EVERYTHING TO GOD AND HE WOULD DO IT.
ESE YOU HAVE BEEN MY ROCK THROUGH ALL THIS.
WE MEET IN CANADA. THANKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Popoolabolu(m): 8:20am On Mar 19, 2021
HELP NEEDED

Here is my case.
Applied for undergraduate admission in UofM for Fall 2021 and already given admission letter.

One issue is the fact that the ssce used is gotten in 2010.That makes the gap very alarming (for visa processing though).

Another issue is the proof of funding.
Since I got the admission letter, i have actually been unable to get proof of funding and this is really not giving me joy.

Help is needed fellas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 19, 2021
Thank you very much. I will share the documentsover the weekend
Goalkeeper1991:
Congratulations on this. Do you mind sharing the documents you provided especially how you showed ties to home country and how you showed proof of funds?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 19, 2021
Thanks
Benquip:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by porchy(m): 9:00am On Mar 19, 2021
Congratulations!!! we seems to have the same situation and the same school. I also hope to get my approval this time

Yk45:
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED..... who dey breathe?

This journey started officially in 2017, I applied 3 times before it was finally approved and stamped.

1st and 2nd Application refusal on the grounds:
● Family Ties
● Current Employment situation
● Purpose of vist

3rd Application:

Applied September 9th, 2020
Medical request: Febuary 24th, 2021 ( I had an upfront medical at hand, submitted it asap)
Medical passed: March 2nd, 2021
BVL: March 3rd,2021
PPR: March 3rd, 2021
Submitted passport to Abuja VFS: through DHL March 5th, 2021
Abuja VFS received It: March 8th, 2021
Counterfoil: March 11th, 2021 ( 2 year multiple entry as compensation for the previous refusal �)
LOI: March 12th, 2021
Then I had to hunt DHLto pick my decision envelope form Abuja VFS.
Passport received back: March 17th, 2021

Shout out to Frank and everyone that has kept this page with vital information. Shout out to MUN for let me defer my admission without getting tired of my request each time. Last shout out goes to Almighty God for finally making this dream a reality.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:15am On Mar 19, 2021
Popoolabolu:
HELP NEEDED

Here is my case.
Applied for undergraduate admission in UofM for Fall 2021 and already given admission letter.

One issue is the fact that the ssce used is gotten in 2010.That makes the gap very alarming (for visa processing though).

Another issue is the proof of funding.
Since I got the admission letter, i have actually been unable to get proof of funding and this is really not giving me joy.

Help is needed fellas

I don't think visa officer cares about the age once the school that supposed to care about it grants you admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2021
YES

Rootiab:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 9:21am On Mar 19, 2021
It is still available but I don't know how to swap

skull4eva:

for q-life abi? please how do we swap it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.