Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864153 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by quinstershaw: 9:43am On Mar 23, 2021
DianneM:
Hello Spectro, congratulations on your admission. I applied as well for Fall 21 and I wanted to find out how long it took to get your offer
Thanks

Hi! Please check your email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wanice: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2021
Good day everyone, thanks for the great information you guys drop here daily. Its been really enlightening going through this thread. Please I am confused about the address that my LOE and other documents should be addressed to. I intend to use this:

Date
The Visa Officer,
The Canadian High Commission,
Nigeria,
Dear Sir/Madam

I will be glad if I can get your inputs on this. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 10:11am On Mar 23, 2021
Teepearls:
Wow! Great to hear! I'm actually applying for a Master's programme with a Master's degree which doesn't entails "Use of English course".
Do you suggest I mail MUN to find out if the English Language waiver is mandatory or can be overlooked?

Also, when did you get the offer at MUN?

Thanks for the response.

Send a mail to school of graduate studies, attach your transcript and tell them your taught language was the English Language and that that is our official language as a country.

All these will save you the stress of getting waiver.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2021
DianneM:
Hello Spectro, congratulations on your admission. I applied as well for Fall 21 and I wanted to find out how long it took to get your offer
Thanks

Good morning, DianneM

I hope you and your family are keeping safe.

I applied last year's March, and received my acceptance letter on 16/04/2021. I deferred my admission afterwards, because of the Covid 19, and because I had other things I was doing at the time.

So, logically I'd say it took about a month for final decision to be made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 10:19am On Mar 23, 2021
Admission to UWindsor takes about 2-4months normally, although I got my admission in abt 2 weeks, I wouldn't knw if it's bcuz of Covid-19 or bcuz I applied in 2018 and was refused. I dnt knw how long it took @spectro to get his admission anyway.

Also note that review of your application doesn't start until al documents have been received, including LoR from professor(s)
DianneM:
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2021
RxOtunba:
Admission to UWindsor takes about 2-4months normally, although I got my admission in abt 2 weeks, I wouldn't knw if it's bcuz of Covid-19 or bcuz I applied in 2018 and was refused. I dnt knw how long it took @spectro to get his admission anyway.

Also note that review of your application doesn't start until al documents have been received, including LoR from professor(s)

Bro, I don commot whatsapp for now... I dey under the weather. But when I return, I go holler at you. I removed the app completely.

I hope you are safe and well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2021
I did, what do you need help with?

prospectiveapp:
Hello NL

Is there any one that applied to MUN for employment relations program here ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 10:40am On Mar 23, 2021
Done smiley
About to submit my application.
Thanks for being helpful.

Thaiy:

Send a mail to school of graduate studies, attach your transcript and tell them your taught language was the English Language and that that is our official language as a country.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2021
ozone00001:
You submitted your IELTS with your application?

I didn’t just the mbs stuff for my sponsor and I.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 10:59am On Mar 23, 2021
hello guys good morning. I just opened my gckey now and i saw this. I applied through normal processing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2021
olabisi6438:
hello guys good morning. I just opened my gckey now and i saw this. I applied through normal processing

Was the medical upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:07am On Mar 23, 2021
olabisi6438:

Wow, the wait is real! Yours is since December. Sometimes ehn, the best thing to do is to just take your mind off it and focus on something else before it starts taking a toll on your health.

I will just wait for their mails and check back in June. I 'cannor' come and 'kee' myself. I submitted my application in March though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2021
Ibkpgeo:

Was the medical upfront

Yes i booked in dec and did it in january
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2021
olabisi6438:

Yes i booked in dec and did it in january

So did you upload any medical doc, send via email or webform? Or did you leave it to the hospital to do their thing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by netken: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2021
Spectro:

Wow, the wait is real! Yours is since December. Sometimes ehn, the best thing to do is to just take your mind off it and focus on something else before it starts taking a toll on your health.

I will just wait for their mails and check back in June. I 'cannor' come and 'kee' myself. I submitted my application in March though.
lol..easier said than done..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2021
Spectro:

Well i always login to check every tuesday.
It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2021
Spectro:

So did you upload any medical doc, send via email or webform? Or did you leave it to the hospital to do their thing?

I sent my medical slip to nairobi by mail alone. It got uploaded the same day on my gckey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2021
olabisi6438:

I sent my medical slip to nairobi by mail alone. It got uploaded the same day on my gckey

Excellent!

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2021
netken:
lol..easier said than done..

You deserve some mental balance. It's not easy but you can do it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2021
Wanice:
Good day everyone, thanks for the great information you guys drop here daily. Its been really enlightening going through this thread. Please I am confused about the address that my LOE and other documents should be addressed to. I intend to use this:

Date
The Visa Officer,
The Canadian High Commission,
Nigeria,
Dear Sir/Madam

I will be glad if I can get your inputs on this. Thanks

The Visa Officer
Canadian High Commission
4 Anifowose Street
Victoria Island
Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dishydens(f): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2021
[quote author=feclela post=100130887]What was the exchange rate?

I paid for the application fee which was $100. I was debited 42k or so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prada1: 11:35am On Mar 23, 2021
Teepearls:
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello people,
Is there anyone here that got English Test waiver letter from OAU(Obafemi Awolowo University)? I need a contact at OAU that can help me with an English Test waiver letter for admission in a Canadian school. Thanks

Trying to apply to MUN and realised that an English waiver letter is required for admission. Is it a must I get a waiver letter from my previous institution or I could ignore? Anyone gotten admission from MUN without an English waiver letter before? Pls help, it urgent!

Hi, you really dont need to submit an english test result. But you can get a letter from OAU. I have a contact tho' if you like to get the letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prada1: 11:42am On Mar 23, 2021
Hello everyone, anyone knows how "my bank" works or how do i show proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 11:43am On Mar 23, 2021
olabisi6438:
Mine has been like this since the beginning of the month after I sent webform and mail to Nairobi and I completed my biometrics 23rd November...

Positive Response Awaits Us All
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LJF11: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2021
silvamania:

Please note that you can work for more than 20hours per week during this COVID 19 period .

I asked during a Q&A with government officials in New Brunswick and they confirmed it

All the best

Thanks for the Information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2021
Good morning everyone. How long does it take for vfs abuja to process passport After being sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2021
ABEG ABEG ABEG

ONE AGENT THAT USE TO BOOK OUR FAMILY TICKET CALLED ME NOW AND SAID ILL NEED A RETURN TICKET

PLEASE IS THA USEFUL!

I trust Una info pass that woman

E say if I get to the airport, coz I’m a first time student they may ask for return ticket!

Please is it true or false!

Please update me asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
What about those applying for a bsc program?

Thaiy:

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2021
Thanks for your response.
I have concluded to submit my application without it. Will explain it in my SOP and follow other advices given by everyone that responded here.
Thanks again.

prada1:

Hi, you really dont need to submit an english test result. But you can get a letter from OAU. I have a contact tho' if you like to get the letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dishydens(f): 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
[quote author=Metari1 post=100128386]

For Centennial- After the tuition deposit,you are to pay the balance of your tuition on or before " the first semester due date" which I think it is always 3months before your semester of study( not 100% sure).

Surprised you said this information is not on your acceptance letter, I would suggest you send an email to corresponding international team for the right and accurate date as it defers because of intakes.[Thanks]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wanice: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
ganiruogene:

The Visa Officer
Canadian High Commission
4 Anifowose Street
Victoria Island
Lagos

Thanks I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wanice: 12:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
ganiruogene:

The Visa Officer
Canadian High Commission
4 Anifowose Street
Victoria Island
Lagos

One last question can it be used for online application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.