Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864176 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LJF11: 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
Papapa1234:
Thanks so much..exactly what I wanted to know..if it’s compulsory for one to work while schooling not after completion of studies..
My course has Coop,will it be considered as a work experience too?

For your Permanent Residence Application, No, not all employers are elligble to give you the one year experience required for your PR Application, that's the mistake some students make, they finish their studies and get a job and work for one year only for them to know that they can't apply for PR with that work experience, it's important you enquire from the organization if the experience you get would enable you apply for your PR, you can use your coop experience to get better jobs after studies but u can't use it to apply for PR.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LJF11: 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
lentomac:

Anyone with a response to this?

That would be 4 hours per day, regular working hours is 40 hours per week which is equivalent to 8hours per day , it depends on the kind of job you get but it shouldn't exceed 20 hours per week .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
@skulleva check your email bros.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2021
Tiara97:
Please did you submit NSE documents?

No although I submitted my statement for a year through MBS for my dad and I
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello people,
Is there anyone here that got English Test waiver letter from OAU(Obafemi Awolowo University)? I need a contact at OAU that can help me with an English Test waiver letter for admission in a Canadian school. Thanks

Trying to apply to MUN and realised that an English waiver letter is required for admission. Is it a must I get a waiver letter from my previous institution or I could ignore? Anyone gotten admission from MUN without an English waiver letter before? Pls help, it urgent!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
Heroulo:

Honestly, this is cheating. Why will you go for a phD, collect the funding and then terminate after a year and say its masters you want to do. This way, you have just wasted your supervisors time. This particular reason (people applying for phD, collecting funding and rounding up as masters) is now on the watch in the US schools. Later now when they start refusing phD candidates from Nigeria, someone will shout Buhari. Its better you make your decision known before starting.

Exactly what I said earlier. This is sadly unfair!!!! Nigerians keep giving us bad reps abroad.. while some are trying hard to build it!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Abeehorlar: 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hello family,

I want to seek for an admission in logistics and supply chain management, I'm a graduate of transport and logistics with up to 4.17 GPA. I need suggestions about any college or University that offer masters in logistics and supply chain management, the school are saw online was too very high. Looking for cheap affordable school and does not require English proficiency test

Please the gurus in the house, kindly help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
skull4eva:

There are situations beyond your control sometimes that make you change. Also dont forget career progression in the part of visa application process too.
Finally, dont forget that it is because of greener pastures most people prefer Canada for postgraduate studies there are many countries including the Uk where PhD is done for just three years with full funding now if it is for the love of study why go to America or Canada where it is 4 to 5 years?

It is sad that you are justifying this act with these reasons. I think one issue we should solve collectively as a people is that of honesty and integrity. If you know that you don't wanna do PhD, shoot for your interest from the beginning. Don't selfishly choose PhD just for the visa and funding, and later spoil a Professor's plan. It is selfish, and too typical of Nigerians, especially those in politics. We never care about others, always look at it from our so called "disadvantaged" position, and polish it with emotional blackmail!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
Spectro:

Good morning, friend

Please, how does one handle the aspect of proof of funds?

Does showing them cash count, or does it have to be some sort of bank statement?

I showed my Bank statement

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 5:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
Yk45:
@skulleva check your email bros.
seen boss and replied. thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2021
Good Day House,

Please can anyone provide a thread on Visitor's Visa.

Can my husband and son join me with Visitor's visa? It seems it has to be clearly established that their visit is non-discretionary.

Please can anyone advise?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
Wow you applied with nse? At the start of your application?

Ibkpgeo:

I applied on the 23rd of January and got medical request on the 23rd of February and I did the medical today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
kelvine95:

It is sad that you are justifying this act with these reasons. I think one issue we should solve collectively as a people is that of honesty and integrity. If you know that you don't wanna do PhD, shoot for your interest from the beginning. Don't selfishly choose PhD just for the visa and funding, and later spoil a Professor's plan. It is selfish, and too typical of Nigerians, especially those in politics. We never care about others, always look at it from our so called "disadvantaged" position, and polish it with emotional blackmail!
@kelvine 95 thank you for your advise but i will like to say this and i know many gurus will bear me witness here that i choose to apply without funding in fact i did the first and second application without funding. i got approved during the second application and the funding came after i had applied and all.
if you check very well the initial message i said and will still repeat again that i dont mind if the supervisor removes the funding. all i will do is meet with him and discuss my issues before i start any other thing and let him. am due to resume in september and presently i already have my seminar slides ready as well as my review paper so we communicate constantly.
Am not saying am not doing the phd but not now any more i need to solve a very serious medical issue that is costing millions. I dont mind moving to another school even while am there. Its even more at my own deteriment becos as an assistant lecturer in a nigerian university i need the phd to progress. but due to the contract nature of most jibs here and lack of confirmation of appointment i didnt get tetfund. although am still pushing to get if i do before fall then its phd straight. so not every one is ready to give nigeria a bad name. As for the honesty and integrity i do think i have justified that by telling him before i start the program at all and let him decide what he wants.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by misslag(f): 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hello house. Any one applied to carleton university? MA International Affairs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
ozone00001:
Wow you applied with nse? At the start of your application?

No I applied the normal way but I submitted mbs for my sponsor and I.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mami1:
Good Day House,

Please can anyone provide a thread on Visitor's Visa.

Can my husband and son join me with Visitor's visa? It seems it has to be clearly established that their visit is non-discretionary.

Please can anyone advise?

IRCC dobt grant visitors visa anymore to internationals cos of Covid.its just study and PR are 100% active now. If you are in canada as a student and want your family to join u and stay, why not opt for a spousal work permit for your husband and son
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
Oh when did they ask for nse and when did you submit it?

Ibkpgeo:

No I applied the normal way but I submitted mbs for my sponsor and I.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
Evergeen22:
Just thanking God in Advance for My VISA and for everyone waiting.
It must end in Praise.

Amen

Amen! I'm hopeful for this week. God will do it for us. When did u apply?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by porchy(m): 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
Yes I got admitted in Mun last month but you have to get a Proof of English Profiency but my precious admission in 2018 they didn't ask me for any english waiver so I had to ask and they told me that's a new requirement now.

Teepearls:
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello people,
Is there anyone here that got English Test waiver letter from OAU(Obafemi Awolowo University)? I need a contact at OAU that can help me with an English Test waiver letter for admission in a Canadian school. Thanks

Trying to apply to MUN and realised that an English waiver letter is required for admission. Is it a must I get a waiver letter from my previous institution or I could ignore? Anyone gotten admission from MUN without an English waiver letter before? Pls help, it urgent!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
skull4eva:

@kelvine 95 thank you for your advise but i will like to say this and i know many gurus will bear me witness here that i choose to apply without funding in fact i did the first and second application without funding. i got approved during the second application and the funding came after i had applied and all.
if you check very well the initial message i said and will still repeat again that i dont mind if the supervisor removes the funding. all i will do is meet with him and discuss my issues before i start any other thing and let him. am due to resume in september and presently i already have my seminar slides ready as well as my review paper so we communicate constantly.
Am not saying am not doing the phd but not now any more i need to solve a very serious medical issue that is costing millions. I dont mind moving to another school even while am there. Its even more at my own deteriment becos as an assistant lecturer in a nigerian university i need the phd to progress. but due to the contract nature of most jibs here and lack of confirmation of appointment i didnt get tetfund. although am still pushing to get if i do before fall then its phd straight. so not every one is ready to give nigeria a bad name. As for the honesty and integrity i do think i have justified that by telling him before i start the program at all and let him decide what he wants.

Awesome! Sorry for being judgemental. I pray every issue money can and cannot solve, that you are facing now, God will solve them in his infinite power. Canada will favour you sir!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
Wifefo88:

Here's my timeline

Please can u help with Nairobi's email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ivygive: 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
Please does First bank operate MBS? because I asked in my branch and was told they don't

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dishydens(f): 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
Hello Everyone

I just received an acceptance letter from Conestoga and Centennial College to pay deposits.

Initial I expected after initial deposit, balance will be required on or before resumption. But Conestoga expects payment by June.

Please I need to decide on what college to accept. Does anyone know when Centennial expects balance. It wasn’t mentioned on the letter.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
Teetae:
Hi Lekiboboe,

I doff my hat for the selfless service you render on this platform.

Well done!!!

God bless you and yours.

Amen, Thanks Honorable

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
Thanks for this response. Must the waiver letter be on the school letter head? I have some people who drafted a waiver letter by themselves to other Universities and colleges in Canada and got admitted, stating that all their education in Nigeria were in English Language as it's the officail language in Nigeria. What do you thing about that? Do you think that can fly with MUN?

porchy:
Yes I got admitted in Mun last month but you have to get a Proof of English Profiency but my precious admission in 2018 they didn't ask me for any english waiver so I had to ask and they told me that's a new requirement now.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ivygive:
Please does First bank operate MBS? because I asked in my branch and was told they don't
Someone posted something related to that recently (Solution), try check it out. SEE LINK BELOW

Getting MybankStatement Ticket from FIRSTBANK NIGERIA
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/371#99797739
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
elizyous:
Please I would like to ask.....I applied on Feb 6th with all NSE requirements. I wasnt even sent to do biometrics until Mar 5th.

At this rate, do I day mine has passed normal processing time or I shld just assume that they put me on normal processing.

I had sent them a mail 2weeks ago and they replied with their generic message that they ate working on it.

Pls gurus in the house, what do u suggest I do?

Same response I got from them the generic working on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
Did you apply for your GCMS notes?

I see other questions have been answered. Your medical last for a year so yes, you can use it if the next application is submitted before it expires.

Sanovsky007:
hello everyone been a while here I was denied last year September, so I had to defer to this year. I will like to begin the process again.

just a few questions

1. Is the application process still fully online?
2. Can i still use the medical report I used for my last application(August 2020)?
3. Are there new updates to the application process?

i will still be going through the thread again, but i just needed some clarity on this issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2021
Anon123:

IRCC dobt grant visitors visa anymore to internationals cos of Covid.its just study and PR are 100% active now. If you are in canada as a student and want your family to join u and stay, why not opt for a spousal work permit for your husband and son

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
kelvine95:

Awesome! Sorry for being judgemental. I pray every issue money can and cannot solve, that you are facing now, God will solve them in his infinite power. Canada will favour you sir!
Thank you sir. I just hope to follow ayokq advise. I no all will end in praises soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2021
MsJanez01:

Please can u help with Nairobi's email address
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nini1234: 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Please I have a few questions for the gurus and the kind hearted people of this thread.

1. I intend on using my uncle’s company as my sponsor
Is this a good idea? Although this is the only option I have

2. I have a bsc (Economics)and now going for a Diploma(Business administration). The intention is to transition like completely start a career with the Diploma. Infact I got a job in a business development department (1year +) hence, the need to transition to learn more...

Ps: I already paid tuition at NSCC
Will a good LOE portray this intention?

I’ll appreciate response from everyone who has gone through this phase?

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.