Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (883250 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Doree: 8:44am On Apr 01, 2021
Doree:
My people, lemme ask o, in a situation where a sponsor fixed a certain sum and wants to transfer the whole sum to you, apart from the certificate, does he still need to show a six months banks statement?
Pls note the applicants statement showing receipt of the funds will be shown.

Please answer..

Somebody should please answer this.
Gurus pls attend.

Or conversely will the certificate of fixed deposit suffice without the need to show account statements?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 8:52am On Apr 01, 2021
It's like VFS Abuja is becoming slow, my passport was delivered on Tuesday, and till now no message from them. Is there anyone that sent their passport to VFS Abuja this week that has gotten an update from them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 8:58am On Apr 01, 2021
jizzle01:
PPR dropped today!!!

Here’s my timeline...

Submitted SP Application : January 31st 2021
BIL : February, 1st 2021
Biometrics done & updated: February, 2nd 2021
NSE Request & Submission : February, 18 2021
Medical Request: March, 10th 2021
BVL & Original Passport Request: March, 31st 2021
Submitted passport via DHL to VFS, Abuja: March 31st 2021

To those waiting on their PPR, keep your hope alive - it will drop!

It has ended in praise!!!
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmy4Gold: 8:59am On Apr 01, 2021
@ sleekcheek please how did you make the visa application fee payment. Kindly put me through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmy4Gold: 9:01am On Apr 01, 2021
@ sleekcheek please how did you make the visa application fee payment ( As of the time you applied for study permit) Kindly put me through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Evergeen22: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2021
Please I just got this right now. Please what does it mean?
I ve been waiting for more than since Jan that I applied

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2021
peruxie:
Good Morning all,
I applied through an immigration lawyer,15th January 2021 and till date no updates asides biometrics completed January 21st. I did an upfront medical 5th March and till date no updates whether it’s been passed despite qlife claiming they have sent the result since 14th March.
Can I personally be sending messages and web forms to the Nairobi visa center email addresses considering the fact that I used a representative( an immigration lawyer) for my application. I ask this because I feel the intensity at which I will be sending the messages will be higher than my rep.
Someone help a brother pls! Thanks

Immigration lawyer at $3,000 CAD?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jizzle01(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2021
Ibkpgeo:

Congrats bro please when did you do the medical?

Medicals done: 24th March
Medicals Passed and updated : 26th March
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 9:07am On Apr 01, 2021
awys:

If your travelling isn't around the corner why not open a dormicilliary account and follow up with the bank to do it fast cuz it seems opening a dormicilliary account here is war ooo cuz you have to look for someone that has current account to reference you and if the person banks with your bank it makes it faster was on this process for one month+ cuz of looking for Reference and following up for them to confirm the References I just collected my card and finalized the process yesterday then when you get the card you will have to FUND the card with USD cuz it's in form of a credit card which has a separate account number from your Dormicilliary account which would enable you to pay with it. But if there's no time you can try flutter Wave I guess it should work not sure!!!

Hello ,

Thanks for this . I actually opened a domiciliary account this week. Yet to get the account details though

The issue is that I will need to finance the domiciliary account itself with dollars from the black market or is it possible for them to transfer from my Local account with enough fund into that account

Travelling in 2 weeks time

Which one do you think is best or how do I go about it ?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 9:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Hi, when I paid the monthly limit on my naira card was above 100 dollars so I used my GTB naira card

You can use a dollar card to make the payment (find someone that has one and either fund the account via black market or by sending naira to the person's account).

emmy4Gold:
@ sleekcheek please how did you make the visa application fee payment ( As of the time you applied for study permit) Kindly put me through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmy4Gold: 9:13am On Apr 01, 2021
[quote author=sleekcheek post=100383187]Hi, when I paid the monthly limit on my naira card was above 100 dollars so I used my GTB naira card

You can use a dollar card to make the payment (find someone that has one and either fund the account via black market or by sending naira to the person's account).

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heroulo: 9:23am On Apr 01, 2021
peruxie:

Thanks for your response ...but the down side is the fact that my school resumes May 10 which is approximately a month away, also my rep has sent them the medical slip I got from qlife on that same date (March 5)
Same here, submitted my application with the full NSE requirement, my medicals hasnt been updated. I think there’s a backlog
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 9:25am On Apr 01, 2021
It is with great optimism that we all PPR hopefuls would receive our PPRs this month.
October, November, December, January and February applicants grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonofEguasa: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2021
Amen o
Benquip:
It is with great optimism that we all PPR hopefuls would receive our PPRs this month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 9:38am On Apr 01, 2021
Benquip:

Amen oooo!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tiara97: 9:41am On Apr 01, 2021
Amen!!!
Benquip:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 9:45am On Apr 01, 2021
Benquip:

Amen!

Happy New month House!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bebe123: 9:54am On Apr 01, 2021
Can someone help me with post graduate programs for health that will give me acceptance letter within a month.

Please I need help ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:58am On Apr 01, 2021
silvamania:

Hello ,

Thanks for this . I actually opened a domiciliary account this week. Yet to get the account details though

The issue is that I will need to finance the domiciliary account itself with dollars from the black market or is it possible for them to transfer from my Local account with enough fund into that account

Travelling in 2 weeks time

Which one do you think is best or how do I go about it ?

All the best
Please follow up to give you the account details and confirm the references if they don't confirm the references on time they will place restrictions on the account you won't be able to do any transactions on it so follow them back to back.
As for the USD if you have a strong link in the bank they can sell USD to you and you pay it into the Dormicilliary account but if you don't have you would have to buy from the black market and pay into the Dormicilliary account which is about 486 to 1naira as at today if you can get the bank to sell to you it's cheaper buying from the bank but most times they will say it's PTA/BTA they will do for you which you will require a return ticket which will be higher than one way ticket and you won't be needing it unless you planning to come back for holidays but if you know someone that can sell to you in the bank at a lesser rate it's cool otherwise you would have to resort to black market
Please follow up with the account opening and apply for your card since you are travelling next two weeks so it will be ready before then follow up back to back!!!.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Bebe123:
Can someone help me with post graduate programs for health that will give me acceptance letter within a month.

Please I need help ASAP
See this

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/351#99622262

Credits: Justmellow

Note: There is no Assurance you gonna get the admission within a Month, it might be more or less, it all depends on the school, but the thing is, most colleges offer admission to applicants in between 2-4 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Joyousgem: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2021
peruxie:

Thanks for your response ...but the down side is the fact that my school resumes May 10 which is approximately a month away, also my rep has sent them the medical slip I got from qlife on that same date (March 5)

There is no harm in sending them a mail and webform in relation to your medical that hasn't been updated yet. You could also apply for your gcms note to put your mind to rest.

You are within your right to chase IRCC up on a decision. As long as its within processing time, it makes it difficult to hurry them along though. Majority of applicants awaiting their results here are in your shoes too, considering this is only a small sample of Nigerian applicants.

Application processing time is published on their website. Is there no option to defer your admission to September if you don't get a result close to resumption. On a positive note a lot can still happen in a month, we've seen an application turn around of 3weeks this year, nothing is impossible. On the other hand we also have September, October and November applicants on this thread who applied when processing time was 13weeks, who are still awaiting results 20+ weeks into their applications. Some have deferred whilst some started online studies by faith. No two applications will ever be the same.

Speak to your immigration representative, you paid for a service to support you in navigating the study permit application process. See what they advice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gallantjo: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2021
What do I say when I contact them. Please tell me.
Frankrobbn1:

This often happens, I would advice you contact IRCC Nairobi office via webform, this will expedite the finalization of your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chykemumen(m): 10:24am On Apr 01, 2021
Pls guys, I need help making payment to Conestoga college. I have a deadline to meet and I already have the payment instructions from Western Union global business payment but the banks are telling me stories about not making payment to 3rd parties other than the school's direct account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gallantjo: 10:42am On Apr 01, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need your opinion. I submitted my study visa application on 12 January,with Biometrics. I applied from Oman, my visa office is Ahbu Dhabi. I don't need to do medical.
MY got BVL on 12th March and since then no update. This is my third application. The other two refusals came a day after BVL. What do you people suggest I do? Who has been in this situation before. Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by canadasool: 10:53am On Apr 01, 2021
Hello,

Can you write me?

We have the same visa office.

gallantjo:
Hello everyone, please I need your opinion. I submitted my study visa application on 12 January,with Biometrics. I applied from Oman, my visa office is Ahbu Dhabi. I don't need to do medical.
MY got BVL on 12th March and since then no update. This is my third application. The other two refusals came a day after BVL. What do you people suggest I do? Who has been in this situation before. Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2021
awys:

If your travelling isn't around the corner why not open a dormicilliary account and follow up with the bank to do it fast cuz it seems opening a dormicilliary account here is war ooo cuz you have to look for someone that has current account to reference you and if the person banks with your bank it makes it faster was on this process for one month+ cuz of looking for Reference and following up for them to confirm the References I just collected my card and finalized the process yesterday then when you get the card you will have to FUND the card with USD cuz it's in form of a credit card which has a separate account number from your Dormicilliary account which would enable you to pay with it. But if there's no time you can try flutter Wave I guess it should work not sure!!!
@awys please what kind of card shud i request for? I already opened a dorm account but no card yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2021
gallantjo:
send a mail to them. i got BVL on 24th feb and my PPR didnt come until after 8 days march 3rd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2021
Good morning guys @awys @frank, @just mellow @anon123, @lekibonoe and others please it is urgent so that it can be fast my study permit was granted last month and i have my visa with me differed my admission for a PhD to fall 2021 after i start classes for winter initially. Now i want to apply for a SOWP for my spouse and VV for my two kids since they are under 5years to come along with me. Can i apply for her now? or i must get to canada before i do that? my spouse will use her job as home ties as we already applied for one year leave of absence is this feassible?
as per the Proof of Funds shud it be in her account or in mine? presently i have 6m naira in mine and 1m in hers and i also have a graduate research assistant offer of 18k cad per year (10k from supervisor and 8k from dept) please advise accordingly. am asking becos i heard that i will need to attach my study permit to the SOWP application and the study permit would be issued at the point of entry. how far is this true please i need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 11:05am On Apr 01, 2021
Joyousgem:

Look at the section titled ASSESSMENT, it should be on page 2, it should have Eligibility, criminality, etc subsections. You need to take a screenshot. After typing your post, under submit is attachment, click choose file, then choose the intended screenshot, to upload and submit the post.

If there is a note on your gcms it'll be on the last page. You can screenshot and upload the same way I described above.

More importantly blurr any personal information or identification numbers on the note.

If you can't figure out how to attach screenshot, then type out the note assuming there is any and type out the Assessment section too. The gurus will explain the meaning.

Hope it helps

This is exactly what I've been doing since midnight, yet it doesn't highlight the selected file, it keeps taking me back to choose file again, abeg I don taya. Thanks so much for trying to help smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2021
kelvine95:

Just copy and paste what was written on your gcms notes.

I felt this might scatter the write-ups, anyways let me give a trial.

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 11:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Lifeis247:
I applied around 2nd week of Jan 2021.

Wow! That was fast, which program? I applied for International Business Management which seems to be hot cake for/in that school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 11:17am On Apr 01, 2021
Benquip:

Amen!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.