Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (881981 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
ella2626:

Hello, I saw your above post. I applied for same program since dec 2020 for fall 2021(Sept) and have not gotten my acceptance letter yet. Would you be kind enough to tell me when you applied for the course and what semester you applied for, also when did you receive your letter of acceptance. Thank you.

I applied in October 2019.. got admission 28th of feb 2020... but I saw the mail in March because I didn’t check on time. NB, the deadline for the MER program is 15th feb.. admissions are given after deadline.. I didn’t want to study online so I deferred to September 2021.. Just be hopeful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by irijuola: 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
I'm still searching for a traveling partner to Toronto, 14th April. If you are about booking, kindly book this date. Female only please.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omalinze: 7:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

This is good news, Omali. I told you, wait for it. One month without the start of eligibility review is not enough delay for you to worry so much. God will finish the good work. PPR is coming your way soon, mate.

Yes o, I claim it. Amen. Thank u so much for everything, my SOP guru. May good LORD perfect the good work he's already started through you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lifeis247: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
Hello All,

Greetings,

I am trying to pay for the NBCC acceptance fee of CAD 500 on the school portal but it seems MasterCard is not accepted. Payment is declined.
Please anyone with similar experience? how do I make this payment?

Kindly assist with suggestions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
Raalsalghul:

All of us are in the same WhatsApp group. I applied for my GCMS notes yesterday.

Funny thing is that I applied on January 14th.

CC: gbadeolu1

Honestly, I dont understand how this IRCC operate especially when it comes to Nigeria matter, everything about Naija get k-leg. Indians are just getting PPRs anyhow including those that applied this month. It's well, my hope is still very much alive, my PPR must arrive soonest in Jesus name, Amen!!!

It will surely end in PRAISES!!!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Patience isn't one of my virtues so I struggled with this process but I thank God it worked out eventually.

1st Application: Visit visa refused in 2018
Study permit application - 10th July 2020
GCMS notes - 21st September, stating absolute rubbish that didn't tally with my submissions, I'm self sponsored but they said I'll deplete family savings plus other crap they wrote. I started sending plenty webforms and emails, requesting that my application be reviewed as the assessment on the notes were very wrong, all to no avail
Official refusal - October 2nd 2020. Reasons stated for me - family ties, personal assets, purpose of visit including travel history, lolz.

2nd Application - 16th October 2020
Upfront medical - 30th November 2020

NSE request for only ielts - 1st December. I replied next day telling them that I can't write cos I'm unavailable. Then I merged my LOE as to why I can't write + my medical sheet + tuition receipt of $2,500 to UoR and submitted in the column provided for NSE. I first used UoM LOA to apply but later adviced them to continue processing with UoR LOA since the previous admission was valid for only the winter term, no deferral. I haven't read of anyone doing this for an ongoing application and was strongly advised against doing it but I sent it anyway.

Medicals passed - 16th of December 2020.
17th March 2021 - IRCC finally replied one of my several emails (that processing has exceeded standard time) asking for ielts again. I had to promised them that I'll go and write it and send the upper week.
IELTS exam - 27th March 2021 but then, I didn't know that
BVL & PPR had dropped on 26th of March 2021
UPS 2-way courier to Abuja - 29th March 2021
Passport returned to me - April 2021

Documents submitted for both applications:
All IMM forms
In the Admission section, i uploaded:
Admission letter, Correspondence with school and application receipts
BEng certificate and transcript
Certifications - COREN, NSE, IPMP, NYSC

In the passport section, i uploaded:
International passport with visas to Singapore, UAE and Ghana
Birth Certificate and LGA certificate
Biometrics documents

Proof of funds section, I uploaded:
myBank statement ticket, amount to tally with a table I created to show all funds required for the duration of my study
My several Investments and pension accounts showing that the funds for my studies is only a percentage of my networth, all to prove assets and economic ties.
Employer's Letter of introduction
Payslips
Tax Certificates
Business agreements and Investment Certificates - I think some of these were unnecessary especially the FX investments.

Client info section, I uploaded: Table of content for documents , followed by LOE
Age declaration documents for parents
Birth certificates for siblings
An inauguration brochure for my dad as ICAN chairman, that had pictures of my family members as professionals in different fields
My personal land deed, survey and receipts
Proof of car ownership, explained as assets
Updated CV, Work ID card
Congratulatory emails and awards from work, some had pictures from expatriate supervisors, an award from global Manager
Employment history - all my promotion documents and offers from past and present

In summary, what I did differently was to only subtly rebut the previous reasons with same documents used for the first time (even the myBank statement was the old one I reused with no money in my UBA account sef, but I got a letter from Stanbic asset managers attesting my finances, and submitted SOA from 2016). I also paid $2,500 as part of my tuition, just to show commitment of some sort.

The Letter I wrote for the second application was termed LETTER OF RECONSIDERATION, telling the VO to refer to their error in the previous application and that I meet their requirements. I showed my POF budgeted as $50k (a % of my total) to cover the entire 2 years of my study - $15k tuition, $25k for living expenses & $10k flights and miscellaneous, as I'll be self sponsored.
Home ties were parents, siblings and friends, Stanbic asset management Investment letter, UK-DION investment certificate to be receiving monthly ROI to cater for unseen events while studying (all to show that I'm not going there to work), Pension, Landed property & Car.
I studied Chemical Eng. and going for MSc. in Industrial as a progression in my career.

The gist:
When the GCMS notes came in that first time, I feel into depression cos I couldn't fathom how poorly my application was assessed but I found strength, after many hard days, to maintain my faith, holding unto the fact that God won't leave me half-way. I reached out to plenty lawyers to just go straight to JR cos up till now, I don't understand what went wrong with that first application, considering that I had studied this thread from part 13 and know what was obtainable. I wrote my LOE using every refusal reason as subheadings and addressing each as it applies to me, but then... I learned some lessons - so much is outside my control, God is faithful so I should depend solely on Him than trust my own understanding, In such cases, sound more sympathetic than professional.

Upon seeking JR approach, one lawyer just advised me to reapply first and we'll take it up after the second time. Now, God perfected it. To all hopefuls, God doesn't put to shame those that put their trust in Him. I literally gave up plenty times and even stopped going to church, but His mercy and reckless love won't just give up on me. I even prefer traveling now than that December I had wanted, God's time is really the best and I thank Him for how it turned out.

Thanks to everyone that replied my enquiries and emails, I really appreciate y'all. I've made great friends from this forum, It's really overwhelming and I'm grateful to y'all.
Congrats and shout out to Lekiboboe (my amazing and selfless paddy that have always been just a chat away) and NairaLuck (my first application set-mate that it happened for before me, I'm happy it ended in praise for us all), IRCC made me weak to even type here again. Thanks to Frank (u literally had to stand by for my unending emails) and Dommakaveli - this 2 argued one time on one enquiry I raised, lolz, all follow o. Shout out to my UoR crew. I thank u all so much for believing in my application and wishing me success. God will always show you favor. Ehem, Brace up, landing gist to follow�

This is more like it, I guess they've remembered us now. CONGRATULATIONS bro, and God alone be all the GLORY.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lifeis247:
Hello All,

Greetings,

I am trying to pay for the NBCC acceptance fee of CAD 500 on the school portal but it seems MasterCard is not accepted. Payment is declined.
Please anyone with similar experience? how do I make this payment?

Kindly assist with suggestions.

Please when did you apply?
Am asking cos I was placed on waiting list since Dec 2020 but I got a mail from them today giving me hope of admission. Meanwhile I've already submitted my visa application using Fanshawe, anyways; let's see how it goes shaa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omalinze: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

This is good news, Omali. I told you, wait for it. One month without the start of eligibility review is not enough delay for you to worry so much. God will finish the good work. PPR is coming your way soon, mate.

In fact make I tell una, anyone here looking for help in writing their SoP should contact Uzomachukwu. I initially said I will keep the testimony until after I got my visa in my hand. But as I checked my account today and saw that my eligibility review already started on the 26th, my heart just dey jolly. Even with my 4.3 CGPA, I had applied two times to different schools in Canada for an MA in Archeology. 2018-19, no admission. 2019-2020, still no admission. 7 different universities, no one even waitlisted my application. So last year I had already said I was not going to waste my money applying again. But fortunately, I saw Uzomachukwu's post here just before the application deadline as he talked about how he was given admission and scholarships by three different universities in just one year.

Omo, me I said noo! He must tell me how managed to do it. Just one trial and he got three admissions when I have been applying since 2018 without even any encouraging feedback. Supervisors no even gree give me face sef.

My guy charged me wella shaaa. But he really did the job. In fact, he took my SOP and tore it to pieces. As I saw the red marks everywhere, I just told him to pls just write a new one for me. He also rewrote all the recommendation letters I was using. As God would have it, last month, I got admission from Calgary with part funding to cover my tuition, and this month again, another offer from University of Saskatchewean. I had already submitted my visa application before Saskatchewan messaged me. Even though I don't have my visa yet, I already feel like a big boy. With the beautiful 5 page SoP which the SoP guru himself designed for my study permit application, my confidence dey high. I trust that my very big God will not let me down. God will not bring me this far just to let me down midway.

My timeline: visa submission - Feb 27
NSE request - March 3
NSE Submission - March 10
Eligibility starts - 26 March
PPR - Very Very Very Soon!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 8:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
oyibo4real:

Honestly, I dont understand how this IRCC operate especially when it comes to Nigeria matter, everything about Naija get k-leg. Indians are just getting PPRs anyhow including those that applied this month. It's well, my hope is still very much alive, my PPR must arrive soonest in Jesus name, Amen!!!

It will surely end in PRAISES!!!

please where did you meet these indians?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 9:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
Omalinze:

In fact make I tell una, anyone here looking for help in writing their SoP should contact Uzomachukwu. I initially said I will keep the testimony until after I got my visa in my hand. But as I checked my account today and saw that my eligibility review already started on the 26th, my heart just dey jolly. Even with my 4.3 CGPA, I had applied two times to different schools in Canada for an MA in Archeology. 2018-19, no admission. 2019-2020, still no admission. 7 different universities, no one even waitlisted my application. So last year I had already said I was not going to waste my money applying again. But fortunately, I saw Uzomachukwu's post here just before the application deadline as he talked about how he was given admission and scholarships by three different universities in just one year.

Omo, me I said noo! He must tell me how managed to do it. Just one trial and he got three admissions when I have been applying since 2018 without even any encouraging feedback. Supervisors no even gree give me face sef.

My guy charged me wella shaaa. But he really did the job. In fact, he took my SOP and tore it to pieces. As I saw the red marks everywhere, I just told him to pls just write a new one for me. He also rewrote all the recommendation letters I was using. As God would have it, last month, I got admission from Calgary with part funding to cover my tuition, and this month again, another offer from University of Saskatchewean. I had already submitted my visa application before Saskatchewan messaged me. Even though I don't have my visa yet, I already feel like a big boy. With the beautiful 5 page SoP which the SoP guru himself designed for my study permit application, my confidence dey high. I trust that my very big God will not let me down. God will not bring me this far just to let me down midway.

NSE request - March 3

It’s the positivity for me!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chigrad: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
Congratulations.
It ended in praise
Pee2Jay9:
FINALLY, IT ENDED IN PRAISES about 9 months after.. The only thing that God cannot do that exist is to lie. Trust me, He keeps His word.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Omalinze:

NSE request - March 3

God will indeed not bring you so far only just to let you down, bro. We'll soon celebrate.

PS. You praise me too much. I only rendered the services you paid for.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Admin9:

please where did you meet these indians?

My school WhatsApp group, we connected after a webinar and over 95% of them are indians.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
oyibo4real:

My school WhatsApp group, we connected after a webinar and over 95% of them are indians.

Wow! That's a huge number. You can see more of them Indians/Asians in the international student forum at canadavisa.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RoyalDukeDon: 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
Thanks We're preparing to do a gift deed ,hope it helps ?
Do I still need to present his bank statement if he gifts full tuition for a year and living expenses ?
Do I present mybankstatement or Normal six months bank history ?
Frankrobbn1:

The visa officer is not satisfied that you've the financial resources to embark on your studies in Canada. He has expressed concerns that you're single, mobile and not established in Nigeria. More so, there are traces of large deposits which dropped into your sponsor's account two days prior to the account statement was printed.

To adequately clear the grey areas in this regard, provide a detailed letter of explanation stating your establishment in Nigeria and why this program is a reasonable progression for you and worth the cost and difficulty of pursuing the program in Canada. Your sponsor should provide a separate letter which would elucidate in detail as to the origin of the funds that came into his account. More importantly, get your brother go transfer your living expenses into your account to prove that you've full access to the money in his account.

I hope this information helps

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
Thank you smiley
milo9:
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omalinze: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

God will indeed not bring you so far only just to let you down, bro. We'll soon celebrate.

PS. You praise me too much. I only rendered the services you paid for.

10 champs for you always, my oga. You deserve even more. But I wouldn't want you to get drunk. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ajikaz2003(m): 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
Study Permit processing time for Nigeria is now 19 weeks. ���

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Fresh88Man: 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
Congratulations, I also got admission to the same university, I'm to resume may 3rd as well. Honestly have been having the same thought as you cos I don't really know what to do next .. have sent you a mail . I hope u respond so we could discuss privately ..thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
ajikaz2003:

This is better, I just hope and pray they keep to it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonofEguasa: 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
So i am not alone... I also got a ghost update yesterday
ozone00001:
I saw another ghost update now, I think they made that my account for ghost updates.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 10:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
ajikaz2003:
Oh boy, they keep increasing it probably due to the backlog and files they're working on. From 14 -16- 19
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 10:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
Hello all,
To all the gurus here..thanks for all you do.
In providing mybankstatement, does it imply that the pof must have sat in the account for 6months and with at least a year banking history?
Checking through my account ..there were inflows and outflows but my pof didn't sit still in my account for 6 months oooo...someone please clarify so I can be decisive on the NSE request pleaseeeeee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ella2626: 10:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
onomss:

Thank you for the feedback.

I applied in October 2019.. got admission 28th of feb 2020... but I saw the mail in March because I didn’t check on time. NB, the deadline for the MER program is 15th feb.. admissions are given after deadline.. I didn’t want to study online so I deferred to September 2021.. Just be hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jizzle01(m): 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
PPR dropped today!!!

Here’s my timeline...

Submitted SP Application : January 31st 2021
BIL : February, 1st 2021
Biometrics done & updated: February, 2nd 2021
NSE Request & Submission : February, 18 2021
Medical Request: March, 10th 2021
Medicals done: March 24th 2021
Medicals passed & updated: March 26th 2021
BVL & Original Passport Request: March, 31st 2021
Submitted passport via DHL to VFS, Abuja: March 31st 2021

To those waiting on their PPR, keep your hope alive - it will drop!

It has ended in praise!!!

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
Omalinze:

NSE request - March 3

Wow! Masters in archaeology? My fellow archaeologist. Good to meet u and all the best in your visa application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
jizzle01:
PPR dropped today!!!

Here’s my timeline...

It has ended in praises!!!

Wow! Congratulations. We submitted same day and got Nse request same day. Still awaiting PPR though. I tap into this testimony ijn

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by silvamania: 11:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
Hi guys ,

How does flutter wave works and how reliable is it ?

Can I pay for hotel or Airbnb with it ?

Thanks

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
jizzle01:
PPR dropped today!!!

Here’s my timeline...

It has ended in praises!!!

Wow! This was exact, two short months. Congratulations, Mister.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jizzle01(m): 11:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
MsJanez01:

Wow! Congratulations. We submitted same day and got Nse request same day. Still awaiting PPR though. I tap into this testimony ijn

thank you! yours is coming. did you post about going to Sudbury?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jizzle01(m): 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Wow! This was exact, two months short months. Congratulations, Mister.

thanks a lot! God did it!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jizzle01(m): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Wifefo88:
Hey guys, anyone traveling to sudbury, Ontario by 3rd - 4th week of April?

I plan to. email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.