Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862766 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:38am On Apr 02, 2021
tsirin:
please I want to know how easy is it to change a tourist/visiting visa in Canada to student visa, while in Canada. thanks?

Hello Tsirin,

You can't within Canada. It has to be done from outside Canada except if your study is 3 months or less and/or the study doesn't require an SP. If so, the person can come to Canada with a visit visa. Anything otherwise seems almost impossible.

The success of people that have tried this may just be countable. I'm not sure if there was some level of exemption, but the bottom line is that; it's not advisable.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
FINALLY, IT ENDED IN PRAISES about 9 months after.. The only thing that God cannot do that exist is to lie. Trust me, He keeps His word.

Hello Pee2Jay9,

Big Congratulations.

Stay blessed

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elyasix: 7:44am On Apr 02, 2021
Gurus in the house I have posted this before and I haven't seen someone to review for me... please help me out I use God beg una.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2021
Poker21:
Greetings,
All and sundry.

I gained admission to study a year course (certificate program) in university of Regina. I applied for study permit last year but my application was denied on the grounds of personal assets and financial status.

I applied with my sponsor's (dad) Bank statement with end balance of 7m. I made a tuition deposit of $500can to U of Regina.

I wish to re-apply this year, which amount is my sponsor expected to have in his bank statement?

Secondly, is it advisable to attach my own personal bank statement?

My sponsor has just one landed property. Is it advisable to attach just one landed property?

I can't wait for your replies

Hello Poker21,

You can show the required $30,000 CAD in your dad's MBS and have at least your LE in your own MBS/BS. If possible, make your first-semester tuition fees.

Not including many landed property documents is no ground for a refusal. So go ahead.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:58am On Apr 02, 2021
Chinnychappy:
Hi Lekiboboe I just joined this platform and have been following up
Please I need your input
I HV ND, HND in comp science, nysc, Bsc (bridge program) comp science in this flow
. I intend applying to Nait for a related course... Don't know if it's OK to go for diploma or masters prog

Hello Chinnychappy,

Go for a PGD or a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma, or a Master – if this is a core focus.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:03am On Apr 02, 2021
HipheeO:
I know you can change programs, better after you land. Read somewhere on IRCC website that after you are approved, and you change your school and program I think, you ll have to reapply. So pple usually wait till they land to do any change if they want to.

As for the second question, I don't know, bhet I am sure someone will respond soon.

Hello HipheeO,

There will be no need to reapply before/after a change of DLI and/or program.

One love.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2021
Lifeis247:
Hello All,

Greetings,

I am trying to pay for the NBCC acceptance fee of CAD 500 on the school portal but it seems MasterCard is not accepted. Payment is declined.
Please anyone with similar experience? how do I make this payment?

Kindly assist with suggestions.

You can make the payment seamlessly through PayMyTuition.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:32am On Apr 02, 2021
Teeprecious:
Hello all,
To all the gurus here..thanks for all you do.
In providing mybankstatement, does it imply that the pof must have sat in the account for 6months and with at least a year banking history?
Checking through my account ..there were inflows and outflows but my pof didn't sit still in my account for 6 months oooo...someone please clarify so I can be decisive on the NSE request pleaseeeeee.

Hello Teeprecious,

The funds should have come as a regular inflow for up to 6 months (with one year of transactional history – MBS), and with the majority of the funds, (let's say 75%) of the sitting balance should already be there. Any other funds that come in will then be flagged as a lump sum and should be well-explained. If you are not going for NSE, 6 months is okay but, 1-year is better as IRCC may request for it (MBS) again.

Hope it's clear?

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2021
silvamania:
Hi guys ,

How does flutter wave works and how reliable is it ?

Can I pay for hotel or Airbnb with it ?

All the best

Hello Silvamania,

Yes, you can. It requires your BVN and other banking information as a process to set up the barter visual dollar card to make an instant payment or collect money.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2021
peruxie:
Good Morning all,
I applied through an immigration lawyer,15th January 2021 and till date no updates asides biometrics completed January 21st. I did an upfront medical 5th March and till date no updates whether it’s been passed despite qlife claiming they have sent the result since 14th March.
Can I personally be sending messages and web forms to the Nairobi visa center email addresses considering the fact that I used a representative( an immigration lawyer) for my application. I ask this because I feel the intensity at which I will be sending the messages will be higher than my rep.
Someone help a brother pls! Thanks

Hello Peruxie,

Why not allow your paid representative to do their job, whilst you hold on tight to what you believe in during the "test of patient."

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elyasix: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Chinnychappy,

Go for a PGD or a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma, or a Master – if this is a core focus.

Best of Luck

Baba please review my GCMS abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:47am On Apr 02, 2021
emmy4Gold:
Good evening my people, please can one pay online visa application fee with a regular GTB master card. This is for re-application.

Good Morning, please for those who have applied for study permit online. How did you go about paying... Please kindly reply?

Hello Emmy4Gold,

You can use a flutterwave barter visual dollar card if you are finding it hard to do so with your regular card.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2021
Doree:
My people, lemme ask o, in a situation where a sponsor fixed a certain sum and wants to transfer the whole sum to you, apart from the certificate, does he still need to show a six months banks statement?
Pls note the applicants statement showing receipt of the funds will be shown.

Please answer.

Hello Doree,

It depends on who is your sponsor. If spouse-to-spouse or parent-to-child, there won't be a need to show the BS since the transaction narrative conveys the spouse or parent's name. However, it will be more satisfactory if every area is covered by showing the origin of how the funds came to be in your BA.

This is what I will do if this is my situation: I'll include just the single transactional page and highlighting the section that has the history, then followed by an explanation in brief with a letter; if the relationship falls between the given references.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:04am On Apr 02, 2021
Evergeen22:
Please I just got this right now. Please what does it mean?
I ve been waiting for more than since Jan that I applied

Hello Evergeen22,

It seems that the additional documents earlier submitted have now been acknowledged.

Did you send in an additional documents?

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heroulo: 9:05am On Apr 02, 2021
Elyasix:
Gurus in the house I have posted this before and I haven't seen someone to review for me... please help me out I use God beg una.

I guess no one is replying cus there is nothing to review, this VO has carefully explained it all. Asin s(he) wrote this to basic understanding.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2021
gallantjo:
Hello everyone, please I need your opinion. I submitted my study visa application on 12 January,with Biometrics. I applied from Oman, my visa office is Ahbu Dhabi. I don't need to do medical.
MY got BVL on 12th March and since then no update. This is my third application. The other two refusals came a day after BVL. What do you people suggest I do? Who has been in this situation before. Please help

Hello Gallantjo,

Keep sending emails and/or webform. I believe that your application has been finalized already. Another thought, you can request for your notes if not considered before.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Hey guys.. I have a question.. is it advisable for a working class man who works and earn money here in Nigeria to tender his personal statement of account to Canada embassy for student visa.

And also with balance of 3.7m without any sponsor but a grant letter of 4.2m from my working place....

Hello Ogunleyesijibomi,

The first to consider is the 1-year tuition plus CAD 10,000 then weigh it against the available balance. If it doesn't outweigh it; then you're good to go as a self-sponsor, but if not, get a (co)sponsor. This will help your financial strength.

BTW, a gainful earner as an applicant should include a personal BS; not compulsory if there is a sponsor, but very necessary even if there is a sponsor.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 9:39am On Apr 02, 2021
Guys, this might seem like a stupid question but what is counterfoil sad

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2021
MzMisty:
Hello Guys,

If your pre-assessment report came looking good from your gcsm note but your application got denied, please what does it imply/mean?

Reasons:

* Purpose of visit

* personal assets and financial status

* Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications,
previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Hello MzMisty,

What do the final notes say?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elyasix: 10:04am On Apr 02, 2021
Is it possible to get admission into Conestoga college [color=#990000][/color]without IELTS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adanginu: 10:08am On Apr 02, 2021
Good day sir and ma,
Please I need help with schools that offer Post graduate diploma in Accounting or finance. My bachelors degree CGPA is less than 2.0, which is a third class. So I am having difficulties in getting colleges.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:18am On Apr 02, 2021
Elyasix:

I didn't have a BSC before. I only had National diploma but I didn't use it for the application.
Many things didn't add up here,

The Visa Officer discovered there is something suspicious about you not
- Not mentioning your Educational History (most esp. your ND),
- your Educational Gap since 2008 till now might av aswell cause a conflict with your application
- Age difference is another factor

Of a truth, VO are psychologist, so they would easily detect when things are not right in an application..

Await more inputs from the gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2021
OlanikeOba:
Urgent please

Hello everyone. Please how long does it takes for a school to receive an online bank transfer made within Canada?

At most 72 hours, if no delay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chykemumen(m): 10:24am On Apr 02, 2021
Elyasix:
Is it possible to get admission into Conestoga college [color=#990000][/color]without IELTS?

Yes I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 02, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Peruxie,

Why not allow your paid representative to do their job, whilst you hold on tight to what you believe in during the "test of patience."

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2021
Enjay316:

Do u know any.please tag.God bless u

Hello Enjay316,

One of the successful people with GIC from CIBC is Jonosas.

Cc: Jonosas

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2021
Adanginu:
Good day sir and ma,
Please I need help with schools that offer Post graduate diploma in Accounting or finance. My bachelors degree CGPA is less than 2.0, which is a third class. So I am having difficulties in getting colleges.
If you were not able to secure a PG. Cert program with your CGPA from a college, I seriously doubt if you can get admission from a University, so in a nutshell, a college is still your only option.

Though a 3rd class CGPA less than 2.0 is very low, but there is a way you can boost your admission chances (though it's 50/50), but has worked for some people I know and they got admission (PACKAGING), and interestingly most colleges in Ontario don't mention CGPA in their Admission Requirements.

Now take you time and go through the content in the two links below & leverage on it

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/700#97090650

Note: This is 50/50 (no assurance) but has worked for some people I know, cos I know you gonna be paying application fee/fees for this admission, so it's more like a calculated risk

See the link below for schools PGC programs in Accounting & Financial Planning, do a good search and do the necessary research on them (admission requirement, course outlines, tuition amount for international students etc.) apply to the one that suites you

PG. Cert, Financial Planning
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Financial%20Planning&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

PG. Cert in Accounting
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Accounting&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

Await more inputs from the Gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2021
Frankalvinz:
Good afternoon all, I've been a silent reader on this platform and would like to thank the gurus for all they are doing so far.
I have a question; what are my chances of getting my visa application approved?

I applied on February 24th, did my biometrics on February 26th and I haven't gotten any other update apart from "background check" and my "biometrics validation" for over a month now.

I am 23 years old, just finished my NYSC this March. I am a Microbiology Bsc holder and also served in a hospital. I applied for a Software Development and Network Engineering advanced diploma in a Canadian college for Fall 2021 intake and got in. My Sponsor is my Dad (a businessman), he had an approximate N12m as his final balance in his account when I sent my MBS although he has transacted a little over N250m within the 6 months of the MBS.

I would like to know my chances, please. Thanks ��

Hello Franklin,

Since you've submitted it already, why not let your application play out accordingly. Any answer you get will be a strongly made assumption.

Forget about the question you are seeking answers for, use this time to connect to your faith ruggedly.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2021
chomiePedia:
Hello house,

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before,I have checked through some thread but couldn't find an answer.

I have a BSC in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and want to go for an 8 months certificate course at SAIT. Power and process operation.
Please does any one know if I can get a study visa?
SAIT is a technology school so I don't know if that course can be qualified as a PGC.

Hello ChomiePedia,

As long as the DLI is approved to admit International students by IRCC and there is a study progression/career advancement, and if you meet the other eligibility requirement – funds, ties, justifiable study intent letter, and positive faith; you can be lucky enough to get a positive response.

If you are not so sure about the program level/type, it is your responsibility to ensure to get the right info from the DLI, even before applying.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:50am On Apr 02, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
People of God, I submitted my passport on Monday from PH to/fro Abuja and the tracker is showing that it has been collected by UPS. Them stamp am so? Pls who has gotten stamped passport in less than 5 days? I'm scared o

Hello Pee2Jay9,

Within 5 days was supposed to be the norm.

Cheers.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prodigy20: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2021
Hello GUYS. Please are there any third party organizations that give scholarships to study in Canada? If yes, please recommend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ganiruogene(m): 11:07am On Apr 02, 2021
Elyasix:

Yes it it very possible. I got admission last month without submitting ielts

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: Gbemisploits

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58