Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160876 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by thekingofafrica: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2020
Hello house, I’m asking for a brother who graduated with third class, he’s interested in having his masters in Canada but got to know he has to do some
Diploma before he can start a masters, the problem we are encountering now is, the 4 schools we applied to rejected his application, please I’d like suggestions, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Done, Hopefully it works for me too.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Popoolam:

Pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
Abuja@international.go.ca
lagos@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nyenyenwq(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2020
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Finally I got back my passport yesterday after over a month. Vfs office Lagos dealt with me in particular that at a point I started calling village people. I didn't get any tracking ID neither did I get any mail from VfS. Also, I was unable to speak with their customer care rep. It ended in praise after all the stress. Please who knows if one can quarantine in an airbnb and if yes, please how can one pay from Nigeria. Anyone going to or already in Usask, please where did you quarantine? I have less than 3 days to plan for this. Thank you all. For the hopefuls, I pray that all your wishes be fulfilled. Amen

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babyboy2020: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2020
Pls how do you know where your application is being processed??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AdoChel(f): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2020
Please is the Canadian border open to students now? If no, any idea when it will be?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 11:36am On Dec 15, 2020
Yes it has been open to students since October 20th 2020, subject to meeting criteria, until further notice

AdoChel:
Please is the Canadian border open to students now? If no, any idea when it will be?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2020
thekingofafrica:
Hello house, I’m asking for a brother who graduated with third class, he’s interested in having his masters in Canada but got to know he has to do some
Diploma before he can start a masters, the problem we are encountering now is, the 4 schools we applied to rejected his application, please I’d like suggestions, thank you.
Hi,

With a 3rd Class Degree, he is to go for a Post Graduate Certificate program in a College either in a program related to what he studied in skool or his Work experience.

Going for a Diploma after having a Bachelor's degree is a Wrong Academic Progression

In order to get an headway on this,

- What is the name of the Four Schools that rejected his Diploma Application?

- What is the name of the Diploma program he applied for in the 4 schools?

- What did he study in the University?

Your response to the above questions would determine the suggestions/advice u gonna get from members in house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 11:43am On Dec 15, 2020
topacs:
Just be clear with the word edit do u mean to forge figures?

Hahaha. Aaaah. This is sarcasm hère
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2020
Congratulations to all those who recently got their approval. To those still waiting on CIC, I wish you the very best.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nyangbafa: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2020
Hello Guys
I just got the NSE letter requesting for my Bank statement showing necessary funds and IELTS result and i need your advise on what to do

1. The only prove of Funds i used for the earlier application is a Sponsorship letter from my employer (A Nigerian University) stating that my study will be fully sponsored. Can i still Use this sponsorship Letter for the NSE?

2. Should i just collect money from a close relative and send to them ? (All My documents, SOP, and others have suggested that my home institution will sponsor my study). will this not look contradictory?

Please help oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JosephYemsol(m): 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
hey guys.

i wanna do my upfront medicals before commencing my visa application. is that fine?...

i wanna do my ielts first before commencing the application thats why...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AyoitsMub(m): 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
But you can do your IELTS without the medicals or am I missing something?
JosephYemsol:
hey guys.

i wanna do my upfront medicals before commencing my visa application. is that fine?...

i wanna do my ielts first before commencing the application thats why...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by thekingofafrica: 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=97087980]
Hi,

With a 3rd Class Degree, he is to go for a Post Graduate Certificate program in a College either in a program related to what he studied in skool or his Work experience.

Going for a Diploma after having a Bachelor's degree is a Wrong Academic Progression

In order to get an headway on this,

- What is the name of the Four Schools that rejected his Diploma Application?

- What is the name of the Diploma program he applied for in the 4 schools?

- What did he study in the University?

Thank you very much for your response, he graduated from OAU, Studied a combined honors program of Politics, philosophy and economics

He has a 4years experience in project management.

He applied for Post graduate diploma in Project management to
Centennial College
Humber College

They both rejected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
Nyenyenwq:
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Finally I got back my passport yesterday after over a month. Vfs office Lagos dealt with me in particular that at a point I started calling village people. I didn't get any tracking ID neither did I get any mail from VfS. Also, I was unable to speak with their customer care rep. It ended in praise after all the stress. Please who knows if one can quarantine in an airbnb and if yes, please how can one pay from Nigeria. Anyone going to or already in Usask, please where did you quarantine? I have less than 3 days to plan for this. Thank you all. For the hopefuls, I pray that all your wishes be fulfilled. Amen

I used my Dollar Card to pay for Airbnb
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by thekingofafrica: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
thekingofafrica:
Thank you very much for your response, he graduated from OAU, Studied a combined honors program of Politics, philosophy and economics

He has a 4years experience in project management.

He applied for Post graduate diploma in Project management to
Centennial College
Humber College

They both rejected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mastmony: 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
[Thank youquote author=awys post=97083458]
You are a fresher and December baby I guess its October /November
applicants that are getting responses now na to take chill pill now ooo but your case might be different Sha you might get response faster if you want to book for upfront medicals you can send mail to Q-Life or IOM Ikeja to book against January and would advise to do that ASAP as appointment are getting filled up fast cuz yiu have to book ahead to get a date.Hope this helps[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mastmony: 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
Thank you

quote author=Lekiboboe post=97084688]
The Content in the link below has already answered your question regarding doing an UPFRONT MEDICAL

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/630#96679974[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babyboy2020: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fist bank is giving head aches ���... ordinary mybankstatement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nyenyenwq(m): 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ok, please can I send you an email? I need more clarification on this please
evergold:

I used my Dollar Card to pay for Airbnb

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Celoexpress: 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
Thank you.

Since the eligibility status shows under review, please do you know how long it takes to pass the eligibility stage?

Lekiboboe:

Hi,

There is no time duration by IRCC for when an Upfront Medicals will reflect on one's profile

Reflection of Medicals can take Days, Weeks and atimes Months.

As far as the clinic has sent the medicals to IRCC, and u too aswell send the e-medical sheet via Webform to IRCC Nairobi & also send the sheet to the three IRCC Nairobi E-mail addresss, then u are left with no choice than to be patient until it changes to passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2020
[quote author=thekingofafrica post=97089127][/quote]
Ok ,

Not all colleges accept third Class, but some do

The likes of
- Conestoga College
- Cambrian College

do accept 3rd Class, it also depends on the population that' applied for the program and the admission requirements.

What I feel is advisable for a 3rd Class Graduate to do when applying for a PG. Cert program in a college is this,

Apart from the conventional requirements for Admission (Transcript & Certificate),

- A Cover Letter for Admission to a college can go a long way in boosting the admission chances of a 3rd Class degree holder. A cover letter for admission has to be written in a way that can Convince the Admission Committee that u are a good fit for a PG. Cert Program

Most times the COVER LETTER is a supporting document, most esp. if u are applying for admission in a school which requires you to apply on the Ontario College International Portal e.g Conestoga College, Cambrian College, St. Clair college etc.

I will suggest he try other colleges and apply for their PG. Cert Project Management program

This time together with a supporting document called Cover Letter

Visit the link below & find attached a sample of a cover letter for admission he can use to draft his own (avoid plagiarism)

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

He can check out the following colleges

- PG. Cert in Project Management
Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/pmpd/
(Note: I don't know if Cambrian college still have Application Fee Waiver. Around January 2019, Cambrian College had an Application fee waiver for international students, in case it is still available your brother can give it a trial/shot)

Conestoga College, Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/project-management

Good luck to him!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Celoexpress: 1:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
Congratulations Sir.

I also submitted on the 5th of October, did biometrics on the 8th and did upfront medicals two weeks ago but it is yet to be uploaded to passed. It also says eligibility under review. Please what do you think I can do?

Can I also send my e-medical slip again.

Popoolam:

Yhup, 3rd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
Celoexpress:
Thank you.

Since the eligibility status shows under review, please do you know how long it takes to pass the eligibility stage?

U are welcome

No I don't....There av been no timeline given by IRCC for applicants to know how long it takes the eligibility of an applicant to be reviewed.

So you just gotta await when IRCC gonna respond to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
Nyenyenwq:
Ok, please can I send you an email? I need more clarification on this please

Yeah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Celoexpress: 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
Please can I send you a mail?

Popoolam:

Yhup, 3rd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
Guys that have traveled pls is yellow card a necessity when traveling to canada?? Abeg urgent answers

@frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
No, you don’t need it. ArriveCAN receipt is the only medical thing they check for.
Pimp04:
Guys that have traveled pls is yellow card a necessity when traveling to canada?? Abeg urgent answers

@frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demiiii(f): 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
50k as a monthly salary is so small as an income. The VO complained about how I accumulated over N3m, even though I earned over N200k as salary. So you see, this is a major problem.

You need to show how you accumulated funds or earnings.

NwanyiOkpa:

Good evening Mr. Just mellow.

As you might know, I was rejected based on finance.

In my previous application, I submitted 11Million and i also paid $12K to the school which covered first semester.

I am battling with arranging my profile my profile currently as i intend reapplying in january.

My sponsor will be paying my full tuition by jan. Also, sponsor's account balance has dropped to about 4Million but it will probably get higher after full tuition payment and at the time of my reapplication. I have funds in my account worth over 4million but i submitted my employment letter which i got from my parent since i am with the family business. The letter has 50,000 as my monthly salary even though i am not being paid but i have investments with the business that generates me income.

Note that I left the investment out of my application in order not to complicate it. I also did not submit my account statement during my first application.

Question:

1. Should i draft a new employment letter stating that i earn 300k and above?

2. Can you suggest a neat way that i can include my personal account in my application without complicating my application?

3. Is there any suggestion for me?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Godsblessings,

I’ve been using Airbnb for many years. It is very legit and safe. Paying to reserve your booking is the normal there.

Best wishes
ok thanks, is it advisable/cheaper to check outside the school accommodation (hostel) in Airbnb or is it good for only the isolation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
demiiii:
50k as a monthly salary is so small as an income. The VO complained about how I accumulated over N3m, even though I earned over N200k as salary. So you see, this is a major problem.

You need to show how you accumulated funds or earnings.

So what are you suggesting.....We should just put study leave approved letter With Sponsor’s SOA and forfeit personal statement of account??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
1300 usd or cad please?
evergold:

I am using Airbnb. Paid about 1.3k for 21 days in Toronto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by thekingofafrica: 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Ok ,

Not all colleges accept third Class, but some do

The likes of
- Conestoga College
- Cambrian College

do accept 3rd Class, it also depends on the population that' applied for the program and the admission requirements. Thank you so much, God bless you

What I feel is advisable for a 3rd Class Graduate to do when applying for a PG. Cert program in a college is this,

Apart from the conventional requirements for Admission (Transcript & Certificate),

- A Cover Letter for Admission to a college can go a long way in boosting the admission chances of a 3rd Class degree holder. A cover letter for admission has to be written in a way that can Convince the Admission Committee that u are a good fit for a PG. Cert Program

Most times the COVER LETTER is a supporting document, most esp. if u are applying for admission in a school which requires you to apply on the Ontario College International Portal e.g Conestoga College, Cambrian College, St. Clair college etc.

I will suggest he try other colleges and apply for their PG. Cert Project Management program

This time together with a supporting document called Cover Letter

Visit the link below & find attached a sample of a cover letter for admission he can use to draft his own (avoid plagiarism)

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

He can check out the following colleges

Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/pmpd/
(Note: I don't know if Cambrian college still have Application Fee Waiver. Around January 2019, Cambrian College had an Application fee waiver for international students, in case it is still available your brother can give it a trial/shot)

Conestoga College, Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/project-management

Good luck to him!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.