Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,086 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (870376 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
Please to gurus in thee house, I want to apply for my study visa by May, I have my IELTS as follows:

Speaking 6.0
Writting 6.5
Reading 5.5
Listening 5.0

I want to know if I should go ahead and apply through NSE direct or I should apply the normal way. Note, My husband is my sponsor and he has just 6m in his acct. I'm going for 1yr PG course.

Pls reply. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
madamg:
Please to gurus in thee house, I want to apply for my study visa by May, I have my IELTS as follows:

Speaking 6.0
Writting 6.5
Reading 5.5
Listening 5.0

I want to know if I should go ahead and apply through NSE direct or I should apply the normal way. Note, My husband is my sponsor and he has just 6m in his acct. I'm going for 1yr PG course.

Pls reply. Thanks
1. You can submit the ielts.
2. 6m is small. 1 year is meant to be 30k cad which currently is 12m. 1 cad is 400 naira. If possible have 10m - 15m and attached the ielts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 1:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
Admin9:

click on "check full application status".

if there is nothing there then it's a ghost update
Please what is ghost update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2021
RELAN2446:
Please my status just changed from application submitted to application updated, please what does this mean?

It will later change back to 'submitted'.

I believe this is because you uploaded/emailed some documents to your portal/IRCC and they are letting you know that the documents have now been added to your previous documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
RELAN2446:

Please what is ghost update?

Minute changes such as

Application submitted
Application updated
Etc...

They are not accompanied by letters or documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 1:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
Olubs80:

How do you apply with MBS? Do I need to go visit the bank?

If you are using GT bank, you can generate it by using GTworld app

If you are using Access bank, the only way is to go to the bank.

You will be given a ticket with a password and another code printed on it.

Conclusion: It depends on what bank you are using.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
madamg:

Speaking 6.0
Writting 6.5
Reading 5.5
Listening 5.0

Pls reply. Thanks

Your listening score is somewhat low, considering how Canada places high emphasis on the listening test.

Regardless, I have no idea if it will impair your chances... I'll let the gurus address that.

As for cash, 30,000 Canadian dollars is equal to approximately 10 million Naira, going by the IRCC/Mid-market rate.

But then, other factors matter here... The tuition of your chosen college/University and the information on your bank statement.

For example,

1. Is the closing balance more than 30,000 CAD? (Remember, your spouse is your sponsor, and it is expected that he must have something left for himself too).
2. Has there been moderate inflow and outflow?
3. Did a lump sum suddenly appear?
4. Is the bank statement authentic?
5. Is the bank statement yours, your parents', your spouse's, or someone not very close?
6. Are there other documents attached to reflect sponsorship commitment, signature, etc.?

I don't need you to answer these for me, but you get the picture.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2021
Spectro:

It will later change back to 'submitted'.

I believe this is because you uploaded/emailed some documents to your portal/IRCC and they are letting you know that the documents have now been added to your previous documents.
Exactly, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
My application could have mirrored or fair better if Zenith bank hasn't turn out to be a pain in the ass for 5 days and counting.

Applied 25th of March
Bio request 26th
Did bio on 29th
Got MBS request 31st (cause I submitted my Ielts already, just MBS left)
Couldn't get my sponsor to visit the bank and Zenith bank has been having technical issues with internet and online banking for 5 days... I'm stuck and highly livid by this ineptitude performance from Zenith.

God will come through for us las las

I wish everyone success, at least your application give hopes that we Nigerians aren't forgotten by IRCC.

AYO LO MA JASI

Spectro:
Application was submitted on 11th March
Biometrics invitation letter on 12th March
Biometrics done on 15th March
NSE Request on 25th March
NSE completed on 25th March
Eligibility review started on the 29th March

I am patiently waiting. I pray it will end in praise.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2021
Thank you for your reply.

Rootiab:
1. You can submit the ielts.
2. 6m is small. 1 year is meant to be 30k cad which currently is 12m. 1 cad is 400 naira. If possible have 10m - 15m and attached the ielts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 1:49pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ade2303:
Please who knows schools with high acceptance rate and low tuition fee that can accept second class lower for a masters in physics and electronics in Canada?

Asking for someone, please do reply ASAP

Hmmm, why not ask the person to go for a PGD instead?

You are seeking schools with the following conditions
1. High acceptance rate
2. Low tuition
3. Accepts second class lower division.

That almost sounds illogical to me for the following reasons.

This is Canada, not Germany with many schools looking for students.

People dey rush Canada like mad.

1. If a Masters program has a high acceptance rate, it will definitely prioritize first class and second class upper division. Hence, there's a lower chance for 2-2. This is because a lot of first class applicants and 2-1 applicants will rush the sugary opportunity na... And a school can only have limited space for the students she can accept.

2. Low tuition? Then you get the picture. Many more applications will be submitted, and then there will be high competition for limited space.

There may be one or two schools that are exceptions, but from the perspective of logical reasoning, I don't see how that is possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2021
ooa1st:
My application could have mirrored or fair better if Zenith bank hasn't turn out to be a pain in the ass for 5 days and counting.

Applied 25th of March
Bio request 26th
Did bio on 29th
Got MBS request 31st (cause I submitted my Ielts already, just MBS left)
Couldn't get my sponsor to visit the bank and Zenith bank has been having technical issues with internet and online banking for 5 days... I'm stuck and highly livid by this ineptitude performance from Zenith.

God will come through for us las las

I wish everyone success, at least your application give hopes that we Nigerians aren't forgotten by IRCC.

AYO LO MA JASI

Thanks a lot for this.

Your application was moving at lightning speed until the issue with Zenith bank.

It's a painful setback, but you will rise above it.

It will end in praise for us by the Grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SonofEguasa: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2021
I am, Global business management... Submitted application November 2020
Teeprecious:

Are you also going to kpu in fall?
What course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
Thanks Spectro,

My program is 1 year and first term fee is 5,845CAD. I'm to pay a balance of 4,845CAD which is approximately 1.8m having paid the 1,000 tuition deposit. My husband is moving the second term tuition and leaving expenses to me and he will still have 2m remaining in his account. Can I still go ahead with NSE?

Spectro:

Your listening score is somewhat low, considering how Canada places high emphasis on the listening test.

Regardless, I have no idea if it will impair your chances... I'll let the gurus address that.

As for cash, 30,000 Canadian dollars is equal to approximately 10 million Naira, going by the IRCC/Mid-market rate.

But then, other factors matter here... The tuition of your chosen college/University and the information on your bank statement.

For example,

1. Is the closing balance more than 30,000 CAD? (Remember, your spouse is your sponsor, and it is expected that he must have something left for himself too).
2. Has there been moderate inflow and outflow?
3. Did a lump sum suddenly appear?
4. Is the bank statement authentic?
5. Is the bank statement yours, your parents', your spouse's, or someone not very close?
6. Are there other documents attached to reflect sponsorship commitment, signature, etc.?

I don't need you to answer these for me, but you get the picture.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
madamg:

Thanks Spectro,

My program is 1 year and first term fee is 5,845CAD. I'm to pay a balance of 4,845CAD which is approximately 1.8m having paid the 1,000 tuition deposit. My husband is moving the second term tuition and leaving expenses to me and he will still have 2m remaining in his account. Can I still go ahead with NSE?

If after deducting tuition and other academic related expenses, you have at the very least 10,000 CAD, I believe you are good to go.

But you will really have to explain this to the VO. The VO needs to understand that you made some payments, etc... And you must attach all the proofs.

What's important is showing that you have a minimum of10,000 CAD after all academic related expenses have been made.

I am not too sure, but I think this 10,000 CAD may be your pocket money as you land in Canada, so you may also have to factor in other expenses like plane ticket, transportation cost to Canada, etc...

It's always good to have above the said amount.

When you say he is moving the second term tuition, what exactly do you mean?

I should add that if the finances look really forced and hard, the VO may not be amply convinced. He or she would think your study abroad is not worth the immense financial sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 2:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Thanks so much for your explanation.

Spectro:

If after deducting tuition and other academic related expenses, you have at the very least 10,000 CAD, I believe you are good to go.

But you will really have to explain this to the VO. The VO needs to understand that you made some payments, etc... And you must attach all the proofs.

What's important is showing that you have a minimum of10,000 CAD after all academic related expenses have been made.

I am not too sure, but I think this 10,000 CAD may be your pocket money as you land in Canada, so you may also have to factor in other expenses like plane ticket, transportation cost to Canada, etc...

It's always good to have above the said amount.

When you say he is moving the second term tuition, what exactly do you mean?

I should add that if the finances look really forced and hard, the VO may not be amply convinced. He or she would think your study abroad is not worth the immense financial sacrifice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
1 divided 0000.00331080

Gives you a cross rate of #302.04 to 1 CAD

Thanks

q+uote author=awesomeme post=100457075]0000.00331080 this is the rate for Nigeria. Please can you help me interpret in naira
NIOquote author=Bertram87 post=100456602]

Look up IRCC exchange rate on google, scroll to Nigeria, you will see the rate there...[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
madamg:
Thanks so much for your explanation.

Another option available is to access a local or foreign bank loan. This will increase your funding.

However, there's always a price to pay for loans... Interests plus principal...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2021
SonofEguasa:
I am, Global business management... Submitted application November 2020

Wao...u are almost there then.
I am unsure the proportion of Nigerians that applied there tho but from the look of things I don't think we are many.
All the best and hope to see you in Kpu by fall then.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ijomobi(m): 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Ok,

Visit the link below to see how to write a Study Plan for Canada Study Visa (with templates and pointers)

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/275#99161660

Note: Study Plan is same thing as SOP (Statement of Purpose), so don't get it twisted

okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
Hello everyone!

Please i need sure and proved answers to my questions.

1) I was given an admission into Algonquin College, Ottawa in Canada. But due to the much tuition fee, i deferred till September this year after speaking with my admission officer on my personal AC page. Please after that, what is the next?

2) I was given a month space to pay my tuition fee as read in my letter, is it visa application i will do first or pay the full first semester tution fee?
Is it possible to start visa processing without paying tution fee until later?

3) The fee for my program is quite much. $18,200 CAD. First semester is $9,700CAD, can schools/colleges that have lesser fee be posted here

4) What are the documents needed for my visa application and what span of time will it take?, base on any current experience.

5) Is it advisable or compulsory a student uses the help of an agent for the visa processing and all,, can the student do it by him/herself without any issue?

6) And lastly, how much does someone need to have for the 14 days quarantine in Canada for sustainace?

Thanks for your apt answers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello everyone!

1) I was given an admission into Algonquin College, Ottawa in Canada. But due to the much tuition fee, i deferred till September this year after speaking with my admission officer on my personal AC page. Please after that, what is the next?

2) I was given a month space to pay my tuition fee as read in my letter, is it visa application i will do first or pay the full first semester tution fee?

3) The fee for my program is quite much. $18,200 CAD. First semester is $9,700CAD, can schools/colleges that have lesser fee be posted here

4) What are the documents needed for my visa application and what span of time will it take?, base on any current experience.

5) Is it advisable or compulsory a student uses the help of an agent for the visa processing and all,, can the student do it by him/herself without any issue?

6) And lastly, how much does someone need to have for the 14 days quarantine in Canada for sustainace?

1: Since you deferred till September, you can either pay your fees or proceed to apply for your Study Permit.
2: You said you deferred till September which means you still have time to gather funds for the fess .
3: You can check other colleges in other provinces to compare the fees.
4: The time it will take varies depending on the mood of IRCC and you can check previous responses where @Lekkiboboh,@frankrobbn and @justmellow dropped links.
5: If you follow the threads on this platform on how to do it yourself properly and raise questions on things you don't understand and gurus would be there to assist and respond.
6: This don't know about.

You will get more elaborate responses from other experienced gurus.

It Will End In Praise .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2021
Benquip:

1: Since you deferred till September, you can either pay your fees or proceed to apply for your Study Permit.
2: You said you deferred till September which means you still have time to gather funds for the fess .
3: You can check other colleges in other provinces to compare the fees.
4: The time it will take varies depending on the mood of IRCC and you can check previous responses where @Lekkiboboh,@frankrobbn and @justmellow dropped links.
5: If you follow the threads on this platform on how to do it yourself properly and raise questions on things you don't understand and gurus would be there to assist and respond.
6: This don't know about.

You will get more elaborate responses from other experienced gurus.

It Will End In Praise .

Thanks so much for your prompt answer, but can i apply for visa without paying the fees first pending the time the fees will be completed on my side, i mean to pay the fee, is it the first thing to do or apply for visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by chikafredu: 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2021
Chocs:
Hello cruzydal,

Yes, he can be. But you need to show that he’ll genuinely sponsor you. He should write a strong sponsorship letter, stating why he wants to sponsor you. And he needs to show some commitment like paying your tuition and sending you the 10k cad for your living expense. If he has ever sponsored your education or supported you, you can attach proof of it to make his sponsorship more believable.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
Sorry guys, would be back soon...trying to fix some things before moving..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emmalextemtop: 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
OtunbaTee:

Detailed and concise. Well explained

WhaoO, which school please.
Can we hook up for details and questions?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by innoinno: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2021
Good day, guys,

Please am new and have some questions and issues concerning Canadian study visas.

1. Is the English test compulsory and which type is needed?
2. Meaning of BVL and NSE?

Thank you and Happy Easter.

Innocent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nnamdiosang: 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
Olubs80:

How do you apply with MBS? Do I need to go visit the bank?

Pls a guru or anyone that has passed through this stage should answer the highlighted for us newbies in the house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Metari1: 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello everyone!

Hello Emmal,

My little input:

Algonquin College: You said you have 1 month notice to pay your school fees and you will like to know if you should pay for the visa application fee or first semester tuition first- kindly check the terms and conditions on your acceptance letter( possible if you don't pay a certain amount as deposit on a certain due date your admission will be withdrawn, check what's on your letter if it's not clear you can ask the school admission officer you are corresponding with also possible to apply for visa without making tuition payment all depends on the school terms and conditions, ask about their refund policy to enable make decisions that best suits you.

Hoping a candidate of Algonquin on this thread can help you with more information.

For cheaper colleges, you might have to let the thread know your intending course. So others might help, alternatively google can also help.

For question 4 : I don't have the link to help you with the necessary documents, sure others will help on this.

Processing visa time, it's only IRCC that determines that. If you intend to go September I believe it's best to put in your application soon.

YES, you can process your study visa yourself without an agent, by reading through previous thread as earlier mentioned, asking questions if you do not understand. Please feel free to ask questions, it is highly welcomed here. No question is too absurd if it is related to this thread i.e Canadian study visa.

Quarantine: don't overly think about this yet, possible there might be changes or new instructions as time goes on. After submitting your application, keep following the thread and IRCC for updates.

Please wait for other inputs. Shalom.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lifeis247: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2021
qudusbalogun89:
Sorry, how did you submit your transcript to NBCC during the application? I'm trying to upload it but there is no space for that in the application portal

There was actually a field on the application portal for transcript attachment.
Also, you can just send it by email to international@nbcc.ca quoting your application ID in the email.
it would be received and acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 6:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=Spectro post=100478339]

Thanks for the great response Spectro,
And can the person go about the application for the PGD Program, how many years of study would it be for Physics and Electronics Students and which school(s) can he apply to?

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.