Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (867880 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 2:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
Yteem:

You still have not gotten your passport back

When did you submit again?
Since the 1st of February oh. I just want to beat this 2000 dollars quarantine. I’m tired.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
Wifefo88:

Please what email address did you send the messages too?

I sent to the 3 nairobi email addresses. I never did webform cos it wasnt working then.

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ara2004: 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2021
What's the maximum number of pages for the Study permit SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bosede24: 2:22pm On Feb 17, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Bosede24,

Have you gotten the admission now and hope you didn't put all eggs in one basket by only applying to Pol Science?

The course is highly competitive in Canada and most DLI admits about 5 - 8 students or fewer students for this program.

If your admission hasn't dropped, be hopeful but still, try to apply to some other schools in a closely related course around Pol Science or other related course to your current functioning domain.

Best of Luck
thanks just mellow...just scared
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esom16(f): 2:35pm On Feb 17, 2021
jimikata:
I just got a rejection mail from MUN turning down my pgs application.
feeling sad.

So sorry about this. Try to find out the reason for your rejection. I got a rejection in 2019 from MUN. I emailed them giving them reasons why I felt I didn't deserve the rejection and they replied me with an acceptance letter.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oghogho1313: 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2021
Inestimable61:
Hey guys , just got my GCMS note . Their concerns was that my funds may not be available and that they are not convinced that the proposed studies will be a reasonable expense .

I also think most of the concerns are from my SOP.
That my study plan does not appear reasonable given my career path and that the reason I provided for the course of study was unclear given the high cost of living of education in Canada.

Please guys I need to address these concerns and will appreciate any assistance I can get .

Was personal assets and financial status the only reason stated in the correspondence letter? There seems to be a reference to the study plan as well relating to purpose of visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Masiyibella: 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Check the two links below for

Lists of MBA programs in Canadian Universities

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=MBA&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Business+Administration&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

About Affordability, I have no idea on that

For you to know the one's with affordable rates, you have to google and visit the school & program websites individually to compare their respective tuition amount for international students with each other

Thank you I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Solapek: 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hi guru in the house, which 2years course can HND in electrical and electronics engineering apply for in Canada, can someone help me with institutions names with tuitions fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2021
Ara2004:

I submitted only A single page of SOP And visa approved. Just pray and submit good documents

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by omojehovah(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2021
impeccablerose:

Abuja VFS seemed to have slowed down compared to how swift they used to be, although still much better than Lagos VFS.

Abuja VFS received my passport on 27th of January. Counterfoil dropped on the 10th of February. LOI dropped on the 11th of February. Passport was delivered to me on the 12th of February.
I received a mail from them on the 27th of January confirming receipt of my passport and it being in transit to IRCC office. Another mail was sent on the 10th saying passport is in transit to Abuja from IRCC's office, then a dispatch mail on the 11th of February.

You should get your passport back in a few days if yours will follow the same timeline.

Did you pay for VFS's courier or you did two-way delivery with your courier service provider?

If you did two-way, did you have to call the courier company or VFS contacted them to come and pick your passport up?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2021
GOD open the flood gates of approval..let it rain on your people oh Lord...amen!

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
omojehovah:

Did you pay for VFS's courier or you did two-way delivery with your courier service provider?

If you did two-way, did you have to call the courier company or VFS contacted them to come and pick your passport up?

If you paid for 2way courier, you don't have to call anyone.. VFS will handle it themselves. All u need do is wait for their return email and then go ahead and track your parcel online..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
owolabia:

I submitted only A single page of SOP And visa approved. Just pray and submit good documents
Detailed and concise. Well explained
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2021
Solapek:
Hi guru in the house, which 2years course can HND in electrical and electronics engineering apply for in Canada, can someone help me with institutions names with tuitions fees
The schools are so many though, you'll be considering so many things, the application fee, your grade and financial resources..you can contact lekiboboe, he has full info on school lists
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2021
Ara2004:
This is really no maximum pages for an SOP

There some who have written 6-7 pages and got approval, some 2-4 pages etc. it all depends on the individual. Everyone has different story to say about themselves based on their academic background, work experience etc.

But an SOP needs to well-written & structured with good pointers

Reasons why you need to go through a Guide & Template on what is expected of you so you don't write out of context.

Leverage on the Content in the links below to write your SOP

SOP - Statement of Purpose
The theme SOP is geared more towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance studies & living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution etc.

See link below for
SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines & Pointers
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

Hints on Writing an SOP (Courtesy domakavelliiiiiii)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/1#88913289

VERY IMPORTANT CLUES TO NOTE WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/103#35275420

After you are through writing your SOP, you can get across to an experienced member or a guru (if available) to help you proofread & Review your SOP

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17, 2021
Ketima:
Hello gurus,

Please in POF, after paying 1year tuition, like how much will be enough as POF to be shown in the account.

If I show balance of tuition+CAD10,000+flight money (estimate), will it be enough?

Thanks.

It should be, your LOE and career progression should be priority, cos some people have showed more thank enough bank balance and still get delayed..focus more on building a strong LOE and future plans as to why uve chosen the Canada.. and it will end in praise..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2021
OtunbaTee:

The school are so many though, you'll be considering so many things, the application fee, your grade and financial resources..you can contact lekiboboe, he has full info on school lists
Hahahaha bro as University/Colleges consultant kudos to him he is trying.God bless you @Lekiboboe and others that have been helping greatly on this platform

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
PPR means passport request. That happens when your visa has been approved followed by IRCC requesting for your passport to be stamped.

Ayoogo:

Pls what's PPR and how can one go about it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Qcanvs38mimi: 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
omojehovah:

Good evening, has your passport left ircc? When did you submit? Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by omojehovah(m): 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2021
OtunbaTee:

If you paid for 2way courier, you don't have to call anyone.. VFS will handle it themselves. All u need do is wait for their return email and then go ahead and track your parcel online..

@Otunba tee thanks for your prompt response as always.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2021
awys:

Hahahaha bro as University/Colleges consultant kudos to him he is trying.God bless you @Lekiboboe and others that have been helping greatly on this platform
Honestly I give kudos to him in that aspect...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
Lamideyy:
Hy
Good afternoon
Please does anybody know how I can pay my $300 tuition deposit for Memorial University Newfoundland(MUN)
I’ve tried a MasterCard and it isn’t working �

What bank MasterCard, plus there's CBN limit using you local account....get someone with a domiciliary account to make the payment while you try to get one opened for subsequent use.

The $300 is just a semester?

Your program is UG or PG?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2021
OtunbaTee:

Detailed and concise. Well explained

Yes. No story.

Just go straight to the points(statement of purpose)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2021
OtunbaTee:

The schools are so many though, you'll be considering so many things, the application fee, your grade and financial resources..you can contact lekiboboe, he has full info on school lists
Full info kwa ?

Oluwa ama wa pelu yin oo cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2021
Adebayobest:

Am trying to apply for pgc at Centennial did you submit unofficial transcript for application

I didn't apply to centennial but most of these colleges accepts student's copy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Godlives1: 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
Godlives1:
Hello House, all the gurus, Mr Frank, Lekiboboe... Please I need your advice on what to do.

My wife got accepted into a 1-year PG Cert program at NSCC for fall 2021. Hoping to apply by end of May. No landed property, was sold last year in pursuace of PR. It's a family of 4. I'm the PA for PR. The plan is we would join her as soon as she lands, thereafter, I'd continue with the PR as I have masters and 10 years work exp.

Please house, what's your take as regards the timing of application, if she didn't have CLB 7 for NSE?

Can we use fixed deposit that would mature at the time of application?

Can I co-sponsor with her brother who has landed properties.

Gurus on this forum, please assist me. My inquiry is begging for response.

I need more tips on what to do regarding PR, considering that the program would end May 27, 2022.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jimikata(m): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
Esom16:

So sorry about this. Try to find out the reason for your rejection. I got a rejection in 2019 from MUN. I emailed them giving them reasons why I felt I didn't deserve the rejection and they replied me with an acceptance letter.
Thanks.
I will do just that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2021
Solapek:
Google search & visit the websites of the two Elect-Elect engineering related Post Graduate Certificate Programs below, also check for the tuition amount for international students on their respective websites aswell

PG. Cert, Applied Electrical Motion and Control Management (2 years)
Conestoga College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Applied Energy Management (2 years)
Conestoga College, Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Godlives1: 4:01pm On Feb 17, 2021
Gurus on this forum, please assist me. My inquiry is begging for response

Godlives1:
Hello House, all the gurus, Mr Frank, Lekiboboe... Please I need your advice on what to do.

My wife got accepted into a 1-year PG Cert program at NSCC for fall 2021. Hoping to apply by end of May. No landed property, was sold last year in pursuace of PR. It's a family of 4. I'm the PA for PR. The plan is we would join her as soon as she lands, thereafter, I'd continue with the PR as I have masters and 10 years work exp.

Please house, what's your take as regards the timing of application, if she didn't have CLB 7 for NSE?

Can we use fixed deposit that would mature at the time of application?

Can I co-sponsor with her brother who has landed properties.

I need more tips on what to do regarding PR, considering that the program would end May 27, 2022.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2021
Esom16:

oh. I guess they're nice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2021
Hi,
Thanks for your response. It was definitely an error. I sent an email to the London office and they said I should ignore the email that it's an 'Administrative Error'
JustMellow:

Hello Ericksen,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Upon sighting the 1295e on the letter which reference the Work Permit IMM Form, I don't think this is for you. I may be wrong though.

Is any of the information on the letter applicable to you? If it is, supply the required document (s) and use the LOE to address that which isn't.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
Qcanvs38mimi:

Since the 1st of February oh. I just want to beat this 2000 dollars quarantine. I’m tired.

Abuja or Lagos

I’m sure you will get it back soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.