Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858822 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mankind5050(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2021
We applied on same day.Pls check ur inbox
Theboysquare1:
Today makes it one month and 2weeks since I applied for my study permit and am yet to get any update. Although my eligibility and background check has been running since then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
I might sound pessimistic but i feel initiating a FORM A with Zenith is a no brainer.

I had my fair share of experience when i had the privilege to pick btw First bank with a week payment with a little higher rate and Zenith with unknown payment date with lower rate.

Mumu me picked zenith, 1 month and Zenith never did the transaction, i had to retire the transaction and go for the First bank option i initially left, by the time i activated the First bank offer, i had to pay 14 CAD more on each CAD i purchased.... I cried faya.

So i would advise, look for other banks.. I will recommend UBA, GTB, FIRST, FCM and Stanbic.

Thanks

Ketima:
Hello Seniors,
Please I need clarification on this. Zenith bank is yet to debit me for the tuition fee deposit, which has affected me not having a receipt from the institution to show payment of the tuition deposit. But then, I have evidence of payment initiation from my own side, sign and stamped. Waiting for them to debit the money before I can print my account statement of account, but till now nothing. They said it may take 3 weeks before my account will be debited.

Please do I go ahead and explain that in my SOP and attached proof that I have initiated tuition fee payment and maybe, say once the institution receives the fee, I will send the proof through the webform. Is it a good idea? Because time is against me, and I need to submit my application for sept intake. Please I seriously need your opinion.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lambsbread: 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
Legacyedition:

No idea boss . Have you applied for GCMS notes to atleast know What's up with your application?.

No I have not applied. How long does it take to get the GCMS notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lambsbread: 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
Baphil:
Apply for GCMS note for your own peace of mind and to also know the next step to take.

My friend's application is 6 months. We applied for her notes last month and it arrived yesterday. She is more at rest now.

Thanks. Maybe that's what I'll do next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lambsbread: 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
skull4eva:

did you do upfront medical or have u done medical at all?
Order for your GCMS notes. hope it is online application?
my medical has been updated since 6th January. Yes it's online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jojo257: 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
Is it true that we have to get a yellow fever vaccine before travelling to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lambsbread: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
skull4eva:

did you do upfront medical or have u done medical at all?
Order for your GCMS notes. hope it is online application?
my medical has been updated since 6th January. Yes my application is online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2021
Hello everyone, can one use stanbic ibtc mutual funds account as proof of funds or is it advisable to move the money elsewhere?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ketima:
Hello Seniors,
Please I need clarification on this. Zenith bank is yet to debit me for the tuition fee deposit, which has affected me not having a receipt from the institution to show payment of the tuition deposit. But then, I have evidence of payment initiation from my own side, sign and stamped. Waiting for them to debit the money before I can print my account statement of account, but till now nothing. They said it may take 3 weeks before my account will be debited.

Please do I go ahead and explain that in my SOP and attached proof that I have initiated tuition fee payment and maybe, say once the institution receives the fee, I will send the proof through the webform. Is it a good idea? Because time is against me, and I need to submit my application for sept intake. Please I seriously need your opinion.

Thanks.

The elders in the house may have a better approach but this is what I think. You can submit your application but attach the evidence you have i.e( a clear copy of the signed and stamped banker's instruction letter) or/ and other evidence you have that you have initiated the transaction for your tuition fee. Attach this document to the Letter of Acceptance section of your application with your admission letter then state clearly in your statement of purpose that you have initiated the payment of your tuition fees on ............( quote the amount paid, date and bank) but that this has not been charged to your account as at the date of submission of your application so you have attached a copy of the banker's instruction in the letter of acceptance section of your application or any other evidence you have which you have attached.

Once the transaction with the bank is finalized, please be ready to send to IRCC via webform your tuition fee receipt, a copy of mybank statement certificate ( 1 year preferably) and back it up with an official letter that you are forwarding this in addition to your submitted application as evidence of payment of your tuition fee and you can reference in the letter the date your account was debited. IRCC would always do their confirmation with your school and the bank so it's fine.

I think that should settle it and hopefully Zenith stick to their 3 weeks timeline.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Octavoral: 11:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
Step 1 completed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2021
ooa1st:
I might sound pessimistic but i feel initiating a FORM A with Zenith is a no brainer.

I had my fair share of experience when i had the privilege to pick btw First bank with a week payment with a little higher rate and Zenith with unknown payment date with lower rate.

Mumu me picked zenith, 1 month and Zenith never did the transaction, i had to retire the transaction and go for the First bank option i initially left, by the time i activated the First bank offer, i had to pay 14 CAD more on each CAD i purchased.... I cried faya.

So i would advise, look for other banks.. I will recommend UBA, GTB, FIRST, FCM and Stanbic.

Thanks

Thanks. So I can put a stop to the ZENITH bank own then do with other banks that you mentioned?

Thanks alot. The banks wants to give me high bp without network for almost 2 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Harbay30(f): 11:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
Hello everyone,

Pls I need help as to how to bring my dependents into Canada to join me. My hubby won't be coming with them, will i need a study visa for them as well? They are ages 8 and 5 and I will also i will like to know if I can apply for a visiting visa for my mom so as to help in bringing them.@JustMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 11:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
olasubomy:

The elders in the house may have a better approach but this is what I think. You can submit your application but attach the evidence you have i.e( a clear copy of the signed and stamped banker's instruction letter) or/ and other evidence you have that you have initiated the transaction for your tuition fee. Attach this document to the Letter of Acceptance section of your application with your admission letter then state clearly in your statement of purpose that you have initiated the payment of your tuition fees on ............( quote the amount paid, date and bank) but that this has not been charged to your account as at the date of submission of your application so you have attached a copy of the banker's instruction in the letter of acceptance section of your application or any other evidence you have which you have attached.

Once the transaction with the bank is finalized, please be ready to send to IRCC via webform your tuition fee receipt, a copy of mybank statement certificate ( 1 year preferably) and back it up with an official letter that you are forwarding this in addition to your submitted application as evidence of payment of your tuition fee and you can reference in the letter the date your account was debited. IRCC would always do their confirmation with your school and the bank so it's fine.

I think that should settle it and hopefully Zenith stick to their 3 weeks timeline.

All the best.

Ok. Thanks so much. I think this is a better option for than than withdrawing the ZENITH transaction. because maybe they are about to initiate debite and I now put a stop.

Am so grateful. So insightful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 12:10am On Apr 10, 2021
TennieYF:
Hello everyone, can one use stanbic ibtc mutual funds account as proof of funds or is it advisable to move the money elsewhere?

Please any response to this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Louis855: 12:20am On Apr 10, 2021
lambsbread:
my medical has been updated since 6th January. Yes my application is online
Which specific test do they do for student visa please ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lambsbread: 12:49am On Apr 10, 2021
Louis855:

Which specific test do they do for student visa please ?
You don't need to worry about this. It's been taken care of by the designated clinic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oliadeo7: 1:13am On Apr 10, 2021
dishydens:
Urgent Reply Needed!
Please anyone going to Conestoga College and has made deposit payment, please how did you make payment. my sponsor (a company) Access Bank says western union has not been working for months. And my sponsor can’t use flywire hence no ATM card as it is a corporate account

Use CIBC.....
Check your PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oliadeo7: 1:17am On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 4:24am On Apr 10, 2021
Jojo257:
Is it true that we have to get a yellow fever vaccine before travelling to Canada?

No! One crase agent told me that rubbish!

That thing is Only used for some african countries
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by letskeeptalking: 4:48am On Apr 10, 2021
Guys, what's the latest procedure for submitting a Passport?
My spouse's PPR just dropped . . . and a Medical request for my daughter.
Could anyone confirm if he will need to go to the embassy to submit the passport?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dukealara: 4:59am On Apr 10, 2021
Please, can I use fixed deposit to support my proof of funds and how long do I have to wait before I can use the certificate for my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Drhay: 6:21am On Apr 10, 2021
Spectro:

I am really sorry I won't be able to do that. I have so much on, and finding time for other things is hard.

However, you may find someone who will be delighted to do so.

Thanks so much !

Please anyone who can help with SOP ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 6:37am On Apr 10, 2021
onyinyebibian:

What they mean is that the money must have been in the account for about 6months, but you are to generate 1year statement

No I don't think it means the money must have been in your account for 6months. It says "Showing sufficient proof of your studies for at least 6months". From my understanding... It means u must have sufficient funds for ur study and stay in canada for at least 6months

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by efizyhenchmen: 6:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Rootiab:
yes
. Please, can we talk? Am stocked in my MBA application. Albeit, I haven't paid for my application fee but my status remains' Started' . My question is at what point do I make the payment and what do I expect on the status bar? This is for memorial University.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 6:57am On Apr 10, 2021
Dukealara:
Please, can I use fixed deposit to support my proof of funds and how long do I have to wait before I can use the certificate for my application?

Yes you can. I know someone who fixed a month before submission and got her visa approved. Though she submitted MBS showing source of funds

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:06am On Apr 10, 2021
letskeeptalking:
Guys, what's the latest procedure for submitting a Passport?
My spouse's PPR just dropped . . . and a Medical request for my daughter.
Could anyone confirm if he will need to go to the embassy to submit the passport?
he'd send it to vfs through DHL or ups
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:06am On Apr 10, 2021
efizyhenchmen:
. Please, can we talk? Am stocked in my MBA application. Albeit, I haven't paid for my application fee but my status remains' Started' . My question is at what point do I make the payment and what do I expect on the status bar? This is for memorial University.
email me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nathanbesh: 7:24am On Apr 10, 2021
How can I order for GCMS notes?
lambsbread:
my medical has been updated since 6th January. Yes it's online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nathanbesh: 7:27am On Apr 10, 2021
It been three months and 2 days since I submitted my study Visa application and my application is still under background check, I have submitted upto 10 web forms and mail. Is there a way that I can order for GCMS note?
mankind5050:
We applied on same day.Pls check ur inbox
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 10, 2021
Nnamdiosang:
Good day all, for those looking to make international payments exceeding $100. I just successfully completed one; what I did was to get my sponsor to request for a Mastercard for her USD dorm. account, next was to fund the account, and I made the payment using the card. The rate I got was 1usd to 1.232cad. That's about 393.57naira to 1cad if you do the conversion. This is way better than flutterwave's rate wey wan kill person.
Goodluck fellas.

Depends on d rate you got the dollars initially.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 7:35am On Apr 10, 2021
Please does the MBS show your account balance in CAD or naira, I'm asking because for NSE you're to show 30k cad in your MBA. Is it the VO that would convert it or the MBS would be in CAD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.