Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (858784 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:30am On Apr 10, 2021
maestro09:
Please my HR is about providing an introduction letter to me. Does my salary need to be indicated on that letter?
What I told them to currently include is
1. Year I joined the company
2. Current position.

Please what else needs to be on this letter?

Include your annual remuneration its very important.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:32am On Apr 10, 2021
CrownTdan:
Good day Guys,

Please can I just walk-in to the VFS centre for my biometrics without an upfront Appointment.
I got my Biometric request letter today, and I would love to have it today, as I am leaving Lagos over the weekend.

It will be difficult to grant you entry into the VFS centre without prior appointment. Better to do things in an orderly manner. It doesn't take you anything to schedule an appointment as most available dates are quite near.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jideks: 8:33am On Apr 10, 2021
Please Gurus in the house and everyone, I got a partial scholarship for an MSc and my hubby wants to transfer the balance of my tuition and living expenses to my account.
Do I need to show his own bank statement alongside my own MBS?
Do I need to do a gift deed to justify the lump sum after he transfers the money to my account?

I'm applying alone without my family.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Hello Gurus.. have got few question.
1 I keep seeing people mentioning NSE message. Is NSE message clue that student visa will be issued.

My self and my boss submitted test of English waiver letter for our applicant in replacement of IELTS score. She got test of English waiver letter from the school in Canada and her school here in Nigeria.

Though she wrote IELTS but didn't have a good score so we decided not to submit IELTS score.
It's over a month we submitted waiver letter and a year statement of account but we have not received any message yet.
She has paid a year tuition fee, with 3.8m in her account added with Grant of 4.2 m ..
What's your view towards this application? Plssss

Contact the visa office in Nairobi to inquire about the current status of her application. You may also not hear from the immigration soon if her review of additional documents on her CIC account hasn't changed to Not Applicable.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:40am On Apr 10, 2021
Jideks:
Please Gurus in the house and everyone, I got a partial scholarship for an MSc and my hubby wants to transfer the balance of my tuition and living expenses to my account.
Do I need to show his own bank statement alongside my own MBS?
Do I need to do a gift deed to justify the lump sum after he transfers the money to my account?

I'm applying alone without my family.

It's important to include his bank statement to demonstrate the provenance of this funds.

A deed of gift is a good proof of fund, however, I will suggest you state that your hubby is your sponsor rather than a deed of gift. In a situation like this, having your spouse to sponsor your education in Canada proves to the immigration authorities that you share a very strong bond with him and your family is well established in Nigeria.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 8:42am On Apr 10, 2021
TennieYF:
Hello everyone, can one use stanbic ibtc mutual funds account as proof of funds or is it advisable to move the money elsewhere?

Yes u can. Alot of people here used it including myself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:46am On Apr 10, 2021
Elyasix:
Please how long does it take to get admission at Conestoga college cool

The processing times for admission at Conestoga College takes about 2 to 7 weeks. You should always send a follow-up email to expedite the process.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2021
TennieYF:
Hello everyone, can one use stanbic ibtc mutual funds account as proof of funds or is it advisable to move the money elsewhere?

You should use it as an auxiliary proof of funds not the primary POF for your visa application. My reason for saying this is because most visa officers at the High Commission of Canada have some skepticism about mutual funds as they ponder that funds in this account have encumbrances and other obligations and you will not have full access to funds. As a consequence, you can include it to support your financial establishment not your primary POF.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 8:56am On Apr 10, 2021
letskeeptalking:
Guys, what's the latest procedure for submitting a Passport?
My spouse's PPR just dropped . . . and a Medical request for my daughter.
Could anyone confirm if he will need to go to the embassy to submit the passport?

When did you apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by phorllytony(m): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2021
sleekcheek:
Congrats on your application.

It is advisable to pay your fees before you travel and have a copy of your tuition receipt.

An enrollment letter is necessary as we have seen situations where people were refused access to their flight because of this, some school only gives you enrollment letter after you have registered for classes/paid tuition.

For the POF I will leave that to the gurus to assist you with that.

I like to have your details to Dm you please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 9:01am On Apr 10, 2021
defrik:
Good evening everyone, first time to post on Nairaland. I have read alot here and you guys are really wonderful. Thank you all for your help. Please someone should help me, my sponsor, my aunty stays in US. She is a nurse, and have stayed more than 25 years over there. She is well established, and willing to help me. She said I should let her know all documents that will be needed from her as my sponsor, I know my case is not unique, those that used US sponsors successfully should also contribute and guide me properly. Thank you all

She needs to provide her account statement, means of identification and if she has properties, let her tender copies of her landed documents.

Are you going for undergraduate study and what school have you been admitted to and course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 9:08am On Apr 10, 2021
Nathanbesh:
It been three months and 2 days since I submitted my study Visa application and my application is still under background check, I have submitted upto 10 web forms and mail. Is there a way that I can order for GCMS note?

Your eligibility hasn’t started ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Somebody5589: 9:15am On Apr 10, 2021
Goodday, have any one gotten admission into USask, applied since December last year, for MSc Curriculum Studies thesis, and haven't gotten any update so far?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:17am On Apr 10, 2021
Chioma3000001:
Guys I intend submitting my online study permit application by Monday but I have a problem..two of my elder sisters live in Canada and my junior brother is also a student in Canada..he left this year, making it three of my siblings in Canada but I’m worried that this may be seen as family tie in Canada and may affect my application, how do I prove that this i really intend leaving Canada and do I mention my siblings in Canada in my SOP or should I just leave it?

You should declare truthfully in your application that you've siblings in Canada. Please be advised that having siblings who are resident in Canada does not in any way affect your chances of getting approval. The greatest advantage you should place reliance on is to demonstrate to the immigration officer that you're a bonafide student by including supporting documents in proof of your family ties to Nigeria. The future career prospects of your intended program, your aged parents, a family business, parents assets, your active membership in an organisation and amongst other relevant points can be your unwavering commitments in your home country. These points should be well expressed in a detailed and persuasive way as possible.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JoshM23: 9:19am On Apr 10, 2021
[quote author=dishydens post=100641442][/quote]

Yeah exactly, bank transfer payment can be done instead of ATM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:20am On Apr 10, 2021
NgumimiT:
Hello everyone!
Please the college I’m applying to is requesting for high school transcripts which I’m almost sure my school will not have anymore.

Is it possible to use WAEC/NECO instead?

Thanks!

What they meant by high school transcripts is the online print out of your WAEC result and scratch card. Provide them these documents and you will be granted admission by the institution.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Iamtobiass: 9:20am On Apr 10, 2021
Good morning... I am new on this platform , I just got an admission into University of Manitoba for fall 2021.
Pls I need help on right steps and what I will need to apply for my visa .
Pls I will be glad if I can a guild or someone help with through.
Here is my Whatsap number 08072817338
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:22am On Apr 10, 2021
dishydens:
Urgent Reply Needed!
Please anyone going to Conestoga College and has made deposit payment, please how did you make payment. my sponsor (a company) Access Bank says western union has not been working for months. And my sponsor can’t use flywire hence no ATM card as it is a corporate account

Your best bet is to sought for a trusted friend or a family member resident abroad to help you make payment to the school.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:27am On Apr 10, 2021
Ketima:
Hello Seniors,
Please I need clarification on this. Zenith bank is yet to debit me for the tuition fee deposit, which has affected me not having a receipt from the institution to show payment of the tuition deposit. But then, I have evidence of payment initiation from my own side, sign and stamped. Waiting for them to debit the money before I can print my account statement of account, but till now nothing. They said it may take 3 weeks before my account will be debited.

Please do I go ahead and explain that in my SOP and attached proof that I have initiated tuition fee payment and maybe, say once the institution receives the fee, I will send the proof through the webform. Is it a good idea? Because time is against me, and I need to submit my application for sept intake. Please I seriously need your opinion.

Thanks.

It is acceptable to state in your personal statement that you've initiated tuition payment to the school and will provide an official tuition receipt via IRCC webform once its ready from the University.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:29am On Apr 10, 2021
MShud:
Please I would like to know if it is compulsory to apply through the NSE method

It's optional, you're at liberty to opt out if you don't want your application to be considered under the NSE program.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:34am On Apr 10, 2021
dishydens:
Please gurus in the house.
My sponsor is a company I have worked for only 2 months. I know it is ideal to have at least 4 months of payslip to apply for visa. But I’m thinking I might not have enough if I must join the sept session. Can I use 3 months payslip and ask the company to explain why in their introduction letter? Do you think it will raise questions by the VO or do you advise I wait till 4 months

Company sponsorship is not an effectual sponsorship for a Canadian study permit. You rather use a close relative (parents, siblings or uncle/aunt) for your application than a company. It's extremely difficult to convince the visa officer that this company will sponsor your studies in Canada while you've barely worked for 2 months in this organisation.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:41am On Apr 10, 2021
Bellgirl1:

Thanks for responding.. someone suggested I go for medicals n submit it .. is this advisable? They didn’t request for it.. they only sent BVL since February

From my professional experiences, I wouldn't advice you to undergo an upfront medicals when you've received a BVL without a decison from the immigration. At this moment, you should incessantly be sending emails and webforms to the visa office in Nairobi so they can finalize the processing of your application. You can also order for your GCMS note to obtain a clearer picture of the current eligibility assessment of the immigration officer.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:49am On Apr 10, 2021
defrik:
Good evening everyone, first time to post on Nairaland. I have read alot here and you guys are really wonderful. Thank you all for your help. Please someone should help me, my sponsor, my aunty stays in US. She is a nurse, and have stayed more than 25 years over there. She is well established, and willing to help me. She said I should let her know all documents that will be needed from her as my sponsor, I know my case is not unique, those that used US sponsors successfully should also contribute and guide me properly. Thank you all

You need to obtain relevant documents to show that she is truly your aunt and is eager to sponsor your studies in Canada. Proving the genuinity of her sponsorship comes with a lot of financial commitments which is getting her to pay your tuition fee and transfer your first year living expenses into your domicilary account. You should also include proof of history and ongoing financial support from your Aunt. The purpose of getting those evidence is to clear every doubts the visa officer might have over your application. Again, draw a family tree to illustrate the relationship between you and your aunt.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:56am On Apr 10, 2021
Dukealara:
Please, can I use fixed deposit to support my proof of funds and how long do I have to wait before I can use the certificate for my application?

You can submit a time deposit investment (Fixed deposit) with your application to support your financial establishment. You don't need to wait too long to use it once the investment is 2 to 4 weeks old.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:59am On Apr 10, 2021
TennieYF:
Please does the MBS show your account balance in CAD or naira, I'm asking because for NSE you're to show 30k cad in your MBA. Is it the VO that would convert it or the MBS would be in CAD.

The Mybank Statement Certificate shows funds availability as at the time the certificate was issued and its in Naira currency. Its the visa officer's responsibility to do the calculations with the current conversion rate.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:03am On Apr 10, 2021
Iamtobiass:
Good morning... I am new on this platform , I just got an admission into University of Manitoba for fall 2021.
Pls I need help on right steps and what I will need to apply for my visa .
Pls I will be glad if I can a guild or someone help with through.
Here is my Whatsap number 08072817338

All the information you may require for a successful Canadian study permit is available on this platform for everyone's utilization. You should take the time to read through the past threads and ask questions when necessary.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 10:18am On Apr 10, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You should use it as an auxiliary proof of funds not the primary POF for your visa application. My reason for saying this is because most visa officers at the High Commission of Canada have some skepticism about mutual funds as they ponder that funds in this account have encumbrances and other obligations and you will not have full access to funds. As a consequence, you can include it to support your financial establishment not your primary POF.

It will end in praise

Thank you Frank. However Stanbic Mutual fund is highly liquid and can be fully or partially liquidated within 24hours. This is also stated in the confirmation letter from Stanbic. So it's a good POF.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 10:20am On Apr 10, 2021
letskeeptalking:
Guys, what's the latest procedure for submitting a Passport?
My spouse's PPR just dropped . . . and a Medical request for my daughter.
Could anyone confirm if he will need to go to the embassy to submit the passport?

Congratulations. Please can you share her timeline including that of your daughter.

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by UpcomingCanadia(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Hello what is the standard processing time?
My application is almost 3 months now

Your application has exceeded the standard processing times and as such it's wise that you should contact the visa office in Nairobi to expedite and finalize processing of your application.

You can do this via this medium;

IRCC WEBFORM - NAIROBI

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dishydens(f): 10:35am On Apr 10, 2021
[Thank you ]

Flywire has several payment options. Payments denominated in Naira will require a debit card. The cheapest payment method is the international bank transfer option in CAD via Form A. Select the international transfer option in CAD, follow the prompt, you’ll receive a payment instruction from flywire, print it, attach your admission letter, degree cert, passport data page, a letter of authorization from your Uncle and complete form A from your bank. Once the payment is approved, your bank will debit your uncle’s account and transfer the funds to flywire. This will be at CBN exchange rate and may take as long as 2-3 weeks

If you can’t wait that long, you can make a transfer from any dom account to flywire. I think there are options for $, CAD, £ and €[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onyinyebibian: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2021
Octavoral:
Step 1 completed

Congratulations!!!
How much is the full tuition? And how much is the the deposit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dukealara: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2021
MsJanez01:

Yes you can. I know someone who fixed a month before submission and got her visa approved. Though she submitted MBS showing source of funds

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.