Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864306 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2021
I have not used Lufthansa before, but I have never heard anyone having to get a transit visa to travel through Germany. And I know that most countries don't require a transit visa if you hold the visa of the country of your final destination. This reminds me of a time I wasted money on a UK transit visa and I did not need it because I had a US visa (US was my final destination).

You can also check out this link from the official German website on this issue. It confirms what I am saying
Link: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/aamt/zugastimaa/buergerservice/faq/33-transit/606710
Please read it to the end
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovethchisom(f): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2021
Baggiomarrio:
please what state do you reside , I have explained to first bank about th MBC a thousand times to branches in Benin , they even walk me out omonday out of the Babk , because I got infuriated about the whole thing ..

I am in Lagos, but the person that did it for me is in Aba branch. I have the form with me. I can send to you but the problem is after filling will they still understand you. PM for the pdf form.
Go to Eagle square branch in Benin, The firstbank at Ring road. they might be able to understand you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MrsYO(f): 10:17am On Apr 15, 2021
@emmalextemtop

On your flywire app you can generate your invoice in USD. Just the same way you generated the one you printed out and include in your form A application.

If you need further clarity please call me 08030490226.

Yes my bank told me to ask the school (Algonquin College), for invoice in USD, since First bank doesn't have CAD, the school wote back to me saying they can't give invoice in CAD.

what do i do now?

The form A will take how many days?

And how did you paid yours?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2021
raimiade11:
Please i need help.

I just got admission few days ago to York uni.

Now my problems:

1) program starts August and i haven’t started Application and i see people here complaining about how late the application was

2) Do i need to pay up this 60k cad as shown in my offer letter.

3) can i pay a term for my program which is a three term one year program and apply with such

4) can i have two or three sponsors, 2 of which is my siblings abroad including my dad?

Please i need urgent reply to kick start . Thanks Guys

Kindly find attached a copy of my offer letter.

Also anyone with a way i can fast track the method, can help school resumes august. I don’t think I’m eligible for nse as I don’t have 30k for 6months in my Acct

Please i will appreciate any hood advice to navigate this thanks

Hi,
Congratulations on your admission. Please find below my hood advice to your various questions.
1. August is too near considering the current processing time which is 20 weeks for the regular study permit route. So I will advise you to defer your admission to September or January, once you get it.
2. You need an 'Unconditional Letter of Acceptance'/'Letter of Acceptance' to apply for a study visa. Usually your school requires you to pay a deposit fee once you have been offered admission. What condition was given in the email you received for your offer of admission? If you are unclear about the condition or the fee you are supposed to pay to receive your letter of acceptance, contact the admission office of York University.
3. This was answered above.
4. To be honest I am not very sure about this. There is nothing on the Canadian Immigration website that says that you cannot have more than one sponsor. But what you can do is prepare a joint letter of financial sponsorship, in which all three of your sponsors are signatories. That way you are presenting a unified financial sponsorship offer and are being sponsored 3 parties.
PS: I also have 3 sponsors: both my parents and my uncle. My parents provided me with a joint letter of sponsorship. And my uncle gave me a separate letter. So in total, I submitted 2 letters to the immigration office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 10:35am On Apr 15, 2021
House ... Pls how can I send message to irrc to update eligible on my account..

I submitted additional documents on 6 of March and all I see on my account is they are still processing my document... Bla bla bla. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 10:43am On Apr 15, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Yes my bank told me to ask the school (Algonquin College), for invoice in USD, since First bank doesn't have CAD, the school wote back to me saying they can't give invoice in CAD.

what do i do now?

The form A will take how many days?

And how did you paid yours?

Not sure all school have an MoU with flywire. In my case, the school has one with flywire, so flywire will quote in USD and remit CAD to your school.

Alternatively, get the invoice as is in CAD from your school, then ask the bank to give you their current USD/CAD rate. Once you have this, fill the equivalent of the CAD in USD on the form A. Technically, once CBN provides the USD, the bank will purchase the USD from you and remit CAD to your school. (All this happens at the background) so you must go with this understanding as most tellers are not this knowledgeable about this hence they will want to talk you out of it. You will be the one to enlighten them.

Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NEYOT88: 10:44am On Apr 15, 2021
I will advise you to call the airline directly to get updated information, airlines rules are changing by the day so you avoid unnecessary wahala.

Rootiab:
Good morning everyone. For those that used lufthansa airline. Was transit visa needed??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 10:44am On Apr 15, 2021
Yes and I told them that my eligibility review s yet to be updated since applying, it was updated that same day
Legacyedition:

Please did you send webform or mail?.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by codeworks(m): 10:47am On Apr 15, 2021
Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Big Data...similar course but must be computer sc related

Lekiboboe:

There is no direct Computer Science course in Colleges, they only have specialized PG courses cos Computer Science is wide

So what area of Computer Science are you looking for? - Networking, Cyber security, Data Analytics, Software Development etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by paulandpeter001(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2021
Good day everyone, I need your assistance. I have been nominated for NSE the second time.
In my first application, I was nominated but I ask the to process my documents the normal way. The next day my application was rejected.

I decided to reapply after going through this group. This morning I have been nominated again.

Please I need help on how to tackle this challenge.
The asked for mybank statement by first bank don't give it and my sponsor uses first bank

Also I have a sponsor (Uncle) and another sponsor(relative). Both were included in my sop with financial documents attached.

Pleas how do i solve this problem. Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

I also want to kno what the letter actually mean. I don't really understand it.

The first image is the one from 1st application while the second is for the 2nd application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Am just tired of IRCC applied since 15 OCT 2020, till now no final decision, they keep piling peoples applications every day, this is totally bad to humans health because your mind will always be there, thinking about it everyday, delaying you from other plans, sorry for everyone in the same shoe with me it will be fine

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 11:02am On Apr 15, 2021
paulandpeter001:
Good day everyone, I need your assistance. I have been nominated for NSE the second time.
In my first application, I was nominated but I ask the to process my documents the normal way. The next day my application was rejected.

I decided to reapply after going through this group. This morning I have been nominated again.

The asked for mybank statement by first bank don't give it and my sponsor uses first bank

Also I have a sponsor (Uncle) and another sponsor(relative). Both were included in my sop with financial documents attached.

The first image is the one from 1st application while the second is for the 2nd application

1) Did you upload their normal paper bank statement or My Bank statement when applying ?
2) Did you take ielts in this your second application because it wasn’t requested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 11:02am On Apr 15, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
Am just tired of IRCC applied since 15 OCT 2020, till now no final decision, they keep piling peoples applications every day, this is totally bad to humans health because your mind will always be there, thinking about it everyday, delaying you from other plans, sorry for everyone in the same shoe with me it will be fine

It’d definitely end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 11:05am On Apr 15, 2021
Rootiab:
Good morning everyone. For those that used lufthansa airline. Was transit visa needed??

You do not need a transit visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2021
God help us all. This delay is beginning to bite.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2021
paulandpeter001:

When you say you were rejected, do you mean you got a refusal email? Do you mean your application was declined immediately you informed them that you would rather your application went through the normal route?

This is the first time I'm hearing this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2021
Bobinho10:
Yes and I told them that my eligibility review s yet to be updated since applying, it was updated that same day

Thanks Oga mi. I done do like you this morning.

Them reply within 60mins.

Dem add " kindly refrain from sending mail to multiple immigration offices". Any office wey share my application fee must receive mail.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by paulandpeter001(m): 11:13am On Apr 15, 2021
Yes I submitted paper bank statement and also submitted IELTS in the second application
Mobi22:

1) Did you upload their normal paper bank statement or My Bank statement when applying ?
2) Did you take ielts in this your second application because it wasn’t requested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2021
paulandpeter001:
Yes I submitted paper bank statement and also submitted IELTS in the second application

Paperbank statement alone will not suffice. MBS ticket is imperative. But since they didn't send NSE request, all you can do is keep waiting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by paulandpeter001(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2021
Yes, I was rejected the next day after I sent them the mail. Also I didn't Submit IELTS I the first application
Spectro:

When you say you were rejected, do you mean you got a refusal email? Do you mean your application was declined immediately you informed them that you would rather your application went through the normal route?

This is the first time I'm hearing this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2021
Mobi22:

It’d definitely end in praise
Amen and you too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:18am On Apr 15, 2021
codeworks:
Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Big Data...similar course but must be computer sc related

Read the post in the link below for

PG.Certs in Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence programs and the colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/454#100335280

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2021
paulandpeter001:
Yes, I was rejected the next day after I sent them the mail. Also I didn't Submit IELTS I the first application

Wow! This is new. I didn't know something like this can happen. It goes against their statement that normal processing time is applicable to non-NSE applicants.

It is well.

You can ask first bank to send the bank statements to them with a letter that they do not have MBS facility. They may send via email to Nairobi, but with a letter from the bank indicating why they have opted for that option.

(Your refusal came pretty fast though... fast enough for you to reapply and hope that you meet the resumption date).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2021
Heyy guys...

Anybody traveling to Toronto on the 23rd of this month?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 11:31am On Apr 15, 2021
paulandpeter001:

Someone said Firstbank is now giving mybamybankstatements ticket. Someone said it's been done at the headquarter but processed from the branch.

Download and print something like this to the bank to explain to them. It will save you stress

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2021
Legacyedition:

Thanks Oga mi. I done do like you this morning.

Them reply within 60mins.

Dem add " kindly refrain from sending mail to multiple immigration offices". Any office wey share my application fee must receive mail.

which office you send mail to.?? kindly quote please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2021
onyinyebibian:
By God’s Grace make my PPR drop soon smiley smiley we will be travel buddies

Yes oo, CONGRATULATIONS in advance, IT WILL SURELY END IN PRAISE.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by notkenny: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2021
Good day everyone,

I got a request letter for my only IELTS result for the NSE route even though I already submitted it with my application. Is this normal?

Additionally, is it safe to add some documents i omitted in my application such as property documents and maybe offer a letter of explanation?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:

Amen.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2021
Kayyyy:

Hi oyibo4real, I am traveling to Toronto 2nd week of May

Yooooo! Let's connect, am sending you DM right away

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
Your application has passed STANDARD PROCESSING TIME.

Go through the content in the link below and put it to action ASAP

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/512#100792640
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ayoslas88: 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
Good Afternoon house

Pls has anyone use English test waiver issued from the school u graduated from and also a waiver from school that gave u admission in Canada for NSE.

Note: the waiver from school in Canada is a screenshot from the application portal

Am trying to avoid writing this IELTS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56