Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861226 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
Benquip:
I tried paying through form A in Stanbic and they said they don't pay to college that it's only university.

Tell them its not high school/secondary school. It's higher institution, show them the LOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
My people oooo!!

Wahala looms!!

Please I need advice, I did my medicals sept 7 2020, and I’m leaving Nigeria August 27 2021....I’m now hearing that medicals lasts for only 12 months!

By the day I’ll be leaving Nigeria it’s barely 10days before my medicals expire!

Please what do I do?

Do I jejely go and do another medicals now (even if I hear you can’t do medicals when one is still counting)
Also I heard until IRCC asks for it, you can’t do it

Please wha do I do!

Epp me oooo!!’
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mirian91(f): 3:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pls did you get any response on the IELTS waiver question. I’m co-asking too

Johnpaul94:
I submitted my application on 7th April 2021
I did biometrics on 9th April and it was updated same day. This morning i got the NSE request to submit ielts and mybankstatement.

My issue here is;

I’m self sponsoring
I don’t have up to $30,000CAD equivalent in my account, what i have in my account is 6m, although i already paid full tuition for the 1st year. Can ielts waiver letter suffice for the Ielts result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
Mirian91:
Pls did you get any response on the IELTS waiver question. I’m co-asking too

No I haven’t
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cherukei2015: 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello Everyone, my eligibility review has started today.

Should I be worried? I applied on 31st January 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
Andir:
Good afternoon,
Please my question is about the NSE route, in my application the financial statement I submitted for my aunt who is my sponsor is from a money market investment company, I also submitted my IELTS , I just got the NSE request to submit Mybankstatement, what do I do? Since it’s an investment company statement and it’s not on the Mybankstatement website
A solid prove of fund must come from a "recognised" banking institution. What you've provided might not even be recognised. You better transfer the fund to a bank and attach a letter explanation to your bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Andir: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
shupy:
A solid prove of fund must come from a "recognised" banking institution. What you've provided might not even be recognised. You better transfer the fund to a bank and attach a letter explanation to your bank statement.

The issue is at the moment she can’t transfer the funds but my first semester has been paid, and also She has money in her first bank, but there’s no first bank on the website, so can I get the bank statement of her first bank and attach the previous statement also, then explain that since they needed from a bank I decided to add the first bank? Does that work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
Good day everyone, pls sometimes my current status used to change from submitted to Application or profile updated, what does that mean house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
Legacyedition:

Tell them its not high school/secondary school. It's higher institution, show them the LOA.
I told them this but they said they only process to Uni

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
Andir:

The issue is at the moment she can’t transfer the funds but my first semester has been paid, and also She has money in her first bank, but there’s no first bank on the website, so can I get the bank statement of her first bank and attach the previous statement also, then explain that since they needed from a bank I decided to add the first bank? Does that work
My little suggestion is add everything plus the tuition fee receipt and with a letter explaining what you faced while trying to get the mbs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2021
This is a ghost update meaning they are working on your application. Did you get any message requiring any action on your part? If not, then it is a ghost update. it's a good sign

Olanrewajuluke1:
Good day everyone, pls sometimes my current status used to change from submitted to Application or profile updated, what does that mean house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
Cherukei2015:

Lol, did you want to be worried? Take your self out and relax, this life no hard o.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
Cherukei2015:

Everything is in order and it will end in praise.
January 31st Omo

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Andir: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
Benquip:

My little suggestion is add everything plus the tuition fee receipt and with a letter explaining what you faced while trying to get the mbs

Thanks for the reply, any more suggestions would be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Teenie19:
This is a ghost update meaning they are working on your application. Did you get any message requiring any action on your part? If not, then it is a ghost update. it's a good sign

What if eligibility hasn’t started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
No, that means they are reviewing if you meet all the requirement.

Did you apply with MBS and IELTS or normal route?

Cherukei2015:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
Andir:

Hopefully it would. However some applicants have been able to get MyBankStatement certificate for first bank. If you're unable to get it, proceed as you've stated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ed2gbi(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
Thank you so much for your comment. Yes we do have the birth certificates of both kids. Having our names on it as parents. We also have previous photos to back it up.

I have a BSC in Computer Science and currently working as a Desktop Support Engineer in an IT company.

I do have my mother, two siblings and 2 kids from my previous marriage in Nigeria. I also have the birth certificates of the two kids.
Uzomachukwu:

1. You can sponsor yourself, if you have the money.

2. Your fiance could also act as your sponsor, if he has the financial capacity, in which case you guys will need to provide documented evidence (photos, affidavit, letters from persons who know you, and (if obtainable) birth registration of your kids showing the names of you two as the parents, etc) to prove you're living together as common-law partners.

Not having landed properties back home is not a requirement for study permit application. But the question is, how well rooted and established are you guys here in South Africa? Do you have families back in Nigeria? What line of work are you two into, is it the kind of business or work which you could argue is easily relocatable after your studies in Canada? In the final analysis, your ability to establish ties to home country will boil down to your plans after your studies, your current financial situation, and whether you have family there in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
Cherukei2015:

Let's just agreed you submitted in February grin.

Seems you ignored NSE request ( MBS and IELTS).

Or you submitted them not quite long .

Is that correct?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aladeope: 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Please my people can some help me with a statement of purpose ? just to compare and contrast to what I have written. it can be sent to aladeakeem07@yahoo.com

Thanks

I just started my process ooo make God help me.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Testimonytime: 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2021
Andir:

First bank is now giving mybankstatement. I got mine after deliberate persistence and serious explanations to the bank officials.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
Baphil:
[/b]PPR HERE!!![b] grin cheesy

Good morning everyone. I have come to give thanks to God again!!!!! He deserves all the praise.

I helped my friend apply for a January admission on the 5th of October 2020 and her BVL and PPR just came in this morning at 10:41am and 10 43am.
I cannot begin to say the kind of emotions this application has raised in our hearts. We waited, we wrote, we did all things expected till we just resigned into God's hands.

She even started online classes thinking it would come very soon - for where? She went through so much stress!!! Oh!!!

I just burst into tears when I opened the mail; the waiting was not in vain!

Her timeline is as follows:
Submission - 5th October 2020
Biometrics - 16th October 2020
NSE Request Letter - 19th November 2020 Upfront Medical passed - 2nd December 2020
BVL & PPR - 22nd April 2021

She did not meet up with the NSE Request but when it was taking too long, I just went ahead to submit an expired underscored IELTS of hers in March 2021. I wrote scores and scores of letters, so many webforms - I lost count!
We also requested for her GCMS notes and everything seemed in order and positive and so we relaxed a bit.

October Applicants, get ready, it's raining PPR!!! Your worries and tears are being wiped away!!!

I will post the documents I submitted for her in a while.

Praise God with us!!!!

Congratulations to you and her. God is indeed faithful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
Benquip:
I tried paying through form A in Stanbic and they said they don't pay to college that it's only university.

I paid for my tuition deposit through Stanbic and my school is a college too.

Tell them it’s a university and just a college in name and not a high school college.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for Us All}
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayobami98: 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
Lamideyy:

Personally, I wouldn’t advise you include an older sibling as an accompanying family member
However, if you feel it is very necessary to do so and there is proof of over-sufficient funds
You can go ahead

Also you applied for another undergrad degree
What did you study for your first degree and what course are you going for in Manitoba
Maybe stating that would help others to give better/specific advice to you
Okay! Thank you so much!
I studied law for my first degree, although I'm just rounding up my final lap, will be done in June, and I'm going for criminology in Manitoba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pinkey2021:

I paid for my tuition deposit through Stanbic and my school is a college too.

Tell them it’s a university and just a college in name and not a high school college.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for Us All}
This was how I said it but the operations manager at their branch at Adeniyi Jones said no
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aladeope: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
Aladeope:
Please my people can some help me with a statement of purpose ? just to compare and contrast to what I have written. it can be sent to aladeakeem07@yahoo.com

Thanks

I just started my process ooo make God help me.

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
RELAN2446:

Lol, did you want to be worried? Take your self out and relax, this life no hard o.

Did u get NSE request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
Benquip:

This was how I said it but the operations manager at their branch at Adeniyi Jones said no

Stanbic dey Adeniyi jones, Ikeja?. You sure say nah Stanbic ugo or bank wey their logo resemble Stanbic? grin

Udon go Oba-Akran near under bridge?

The one at computer village Ikeja nko?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
marcelonwa:

Did u get NSE request?
yeah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cherukei2015: 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
[quote author=Legacyedition post=101024461]
Your right because I don't count myself as January applicant, I mostly follow timeline of February applicant to monitor my application.
Infact I follow una join the prayer and fasting .Lol
Yes I couldn't meet up with the deadline

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cherukei2015: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
[quote author=marcelonwa post=101025463]

No I could not meet up with the deadeline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
Benquip:

That’s not fair. Pls try another branch. If you were on the Island, I’d have asked you to go to their Ajah branch, that’s where I did mine, although it was last year. Maybe their policy has changed.

You can try another bank if the next branch you go to says the same thing. I heard Fidelity is good and swift too.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for us All}

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.