Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861410 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bioles1187(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Please quick question. Is covid 19 test free? If no how much? And can I do it at any general hospital?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Awwwwww congratulations!!!!

elizyous:
MY PEOPLE OH!!!!! IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE OH!!!!! GOD HAS DONE IT FOR ME OH!!!! MY PPR HAS JUST LANDED OH!!!!!

I ASKED GOD FOR THIS AS MY BIRTHDAY GIFT OH! HE HAS DONE IT!!!!

I will send my timeline once I catch my breath. Please between Lagos and Abuja, which is better to send my passport to?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ed2gbi(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a Nigerian, live and work in South Africa and I just received a letter of acceptance from Cambrian College to study PROJECT MANAGEMENT - GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PMPD) for 2 semesters.

Start Date: January 10, 2022

My questions are:

1. Can I sponsor myself?
2. Can my fiancee sponsor me as we have two kids together?

What are my chances of getting approved study visa as I do not have a landed property back home in Nigeria in my name.

Every comment, contribution and advise would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onyinyebibian: 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
elizyous:
MY PEOPLE OH!!!!! IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE OH!!!!! GOD HAS DONE IT FOR ME OH!!!! MY PPR HAS JUST LANDED OH!!!!!

I will send my timeline once I catch my breath. Please between Lagos and Abuja, which is better to send my passport to?

Wow
CONGRATULATIONS !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dynatotita(m): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
Congratulations
elizyous:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bioles1187:
Please quick question. Is covid 19 test free? If no how much? And can I do it at any general hospital?

Covid-19 test cost N50,400 across all the designated clinics.

Someone else can provide you with a list of testing centers. But if it’s urgent you can simply google “Covid-19 approved testing centers in Nigeria” or narrow it down to the state you live in. I’m sure something will pop up.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for Us All}
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EverGrateful: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. May it end in praises for rest of us too. Amen

elizyous:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
elizyous:

Congratulations!!!

It has indeed ended in Praises for you.

And happy birthday to you too. It’s mine today as well, lol.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bioles1187:

I tried to google for approved COVID-19 Test centers and this is what I was able to find though the source is from Emirates.

https://c.ekstatic.net/ecl/documents/health-screening-documents/approved-laboratories.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
ed2gbi:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a Nigerian, live and work in South Africa and I just received a letter of acceptance from Cambrian College to study PROJECT MANAGEMENT - GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PMPD) for 2 semesters.

Start Date: January 10, 2022

My questions are:

1. Can I sponsor myself?
2. Can my fiancee sponsor me as we have two kids together?

What are my chances of getting approved study visa as I do not have a landed property back home in Nigeria in my name.

Every comment, contribution and advise would be appreciated.

1. You can sponsor yourself, if you have the money.

2. Your fiance could also act as your sponsor, if he has the financial capacity, in which case you guys will need to provide documented evidence (photos, affidavit, letters from persons who know you, and (if obtainable) birth registration of your kids showing the names of you two as the parents, etc) to prove you're living together as common-law partners.

Not having landed properties back home is not a requirement for study permit application. But the question is, how well rooted and established are you guys here in South Africa? Do you have families back in Nigeria? What line of work are you two into, is it the kind of business or work which you could argue is easily relocatable after your studies in Canada? In the final analysis, your ability to establish ties to home country will boil down to your plans after your studies, your current financial situation, and whether you have family there in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bioles1187(m): 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
olasubomy:

I tried to google for approved COVID-19 Test centers and this is what I was able to find though the source is from Emirates.

https://c.ekstatic.net/ecl/documents/health-screening-documents/approved-laboratories.pdf
thanks boss man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibukun2000: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
elizyous:

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayokaq: 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
elizyous:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2021
Gurus, you guys should help me nawww! I don’t know what to do, I applied using the nomal rout. I applied January 22 using the nomal statement because I thought Firstbsnk don’t have mbs, with a letter to back it up that first bank don operate that Servis. My question is, now that is very obvious first bank operate ...... can I still do the mbs and send to ircc or I should just live my application like that? Help a brothe am just 17 year , I don’t know what to do

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2021
Zeni what

Hmmm, ahhhh RUN OOOOO

No try am ooo, I'm a living witness lipsrsealed

Rootiab:
Who has ever used fcmb or zenith bank for form A before?. It's urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ooa1st: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
I used First bank but na person help me run am

Just 3 days transaction was consumated �

Rootiab:
Who else has used first bank for form A??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
Baggiomarrio:
Gurus, you guys should help me nawww! I don’t know what to do, I applied using the nomal rout. I applied January 22 using the nomal statement because I thought Firstbsnk don’t have mbs, with a letter to back it up that first bank don operate that Servis. My question is, now that is very obvious first bank operate ...... can I still do the mbs and send to ircc or I should just live my application like that? Help a brothe am just 17 year , I don’t know what to do
Get it and upload using webform.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayobami98: 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hi Everyone!
I'm new here, please I need actual information on how to proceed with my study permit application. Things to do and not do.

I have read different articles on different platforms and also the CIC website. However, I'd like to get practical information and experiences and also be added to a whatsapp platform for persons like myself.

I'm 22 years old and I was offered admission into the University of Manitoba for an undergraduate studies, which I have accepted. Please note that this will be my second undergraduate degree.

I'm about to proceed with my study permit application, any advice please?
Also, is it wise to include my older sibling as an accompanying family member?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ayobami98:
Hi Everyone!
I'm new here, please I need actual information on how to proceed with my study permit application. Things to do and not do.

I have read different articles on different platforms and also the CIC website. However, I'd like to get practical information and experiences and also be added to a whatsapp platform for persons like myself.

I'm 22 years old and I was offered admission into the University of Manitoba for an undergraduate studies, which I have accepted. Please note that this will be my second undergraduate degree.

Personally, I wouldn’t advise you include an older sibling as an accompanying family member
However, if you feel it is very necessary to do so and there is proof of over-sufficient funds
You can go ahead

Also you applied for another undergrad degree
What did you study for your first degree and what course are you going for in Manitoba
Maybe stating that would help others to give better/specific advice to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
[quote author=Baggiomarrio post=101019192]Gurus, you guys should help me nawww! I don’t know what to do, I applied using the nomal rout. I applied January 22 using the nomal statement because I thought Firstbsnk don’t have mbs, with a letter to back it up that first bank don operate that Servis. My question is, now that is very obvious first bank operate ...... can I still do the mbs and send to ircc or I should just live my application like that? Help a brothe am just 17 year , I don’t know what to do/quote]
If the money(30,000k CAD) is still in the account, the account is fully functional till date and there are no signs of your sponsor cutting corners( I mean , maybe the account was built and then the money has been withdrawn...that kind of thing)
You can get the MBS and upload it via webform, you could also explain that you just discovered first bank has started issuing MBS blah blah blah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oliadeo7: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ayobami98:
Hi Everyone!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baphil: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
[/b]PPR HERE!!![b] grin cheesy

Good morning everyone. I have come to give thanks to God again!!!!! He deserves all the praise.

I helped my friend apply for a January admission on the 5th of October 2020 and her BVL and PPR just came in this morning at 10:41am and 10 43am.
I cannot begin to say the kind of emotions this application has raised in our hearts. We waited, we wrote, we did all things expected till we just resigned into God's hands.

She even started online classes thinking it would come very soon - for where? She went through so much stress!!! Oh!!!

I just burst into tears when I opened the mail; the waiting was not in vain!

Her timeline is as follows:
Submission - 5th October 2020
Biometrics - 16th October 2020
NSE Request Letter - 19th November 2020 Upfront Medical passed - 2nd December 2020
BVL & PPR - 22nd April 2021

She did not meet up with the NSE Request but when it was taking too long, I just went ahead to submit an expired underscored IELTS of hers in March 2021. I wrote scores and scores of letters, so many webforms - I lost count!
We also requested for her GCMS notes and everything seemed in order and positive and so we relaxed a bit.

October Applicants, get ready, it's raining PPR!!! Your worries and tears are being wiped away!!!

I will post the documents I submitted for her in a while.

Praise God with us!!!!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes it cannot exist, congrats
Zodiacwarrior:
Here is my timeline

2nd time applicants.

Application submission- December 31st
NSE request- January 7
Completed nse- February 9
Submission confirmation- February 5
Medical request- March 2
Medical passed -april 7
Ppr and correspondence Letter-april 21

About documents I thought I was lacking in some areas just
highschool transcripts
some affidavits
Birth certificates
declaration letter.
Recommendation letter.

I thought payment of fees was was a criteria but I thank God he helped me achieve this and I pray those still awaiting ppr this week would favor you all.

Indeed what God cannot do does not exist.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2021
Woow...congratulations.

The wait wasn't in vain!

Baphil:

Good morning everyone. I have come to give thanks to God again!!!!! He deserves all the praise.

I helped my friend apply for a January admission on the 5th of October 2020 and her BVL and PPR just came in this morning at 10:41am and 10 43am.
I cannot begin to say the kind of emotions this application has raised in our hearts. We waited, we wrote, we did all things expected till we just resigned into God's hands.

She even started online classes thinking it would come very soon - for where? She went through so much stress!!! Oh!!!

NSE Request Letter - 19th November 2020 Upfront Medical passed - 2nd December 2020

She did not meet up with the NSE Request but when it was taking too long, I just went ahead to submit an expired underscored IELTS of hers in March 2021. I wrote scores and scores of letters, so many webforms - I lost count!
We also requested for her GCMS notes and everything seemed in order and positive and so we relaxed a bit.

October Applicants, get ready, it's raining PPR!!! Your worries and tears are being wiped away!!!

Praise God with us!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 2:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
ooa1st:
I used First bank but na person help me run am

Just 3 days transaction was consumated �

It worked with firstbank??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Benquip: 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
I tried paying through form A in Stanbic and they said they don't pay to college that it's only university.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onweke: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
elizyous:

Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Andir: 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
Good afternoon,
Please my question is about the NSE route, in my application the financial statement I submitted for my aunt who is my sponsor is from a money market investment company, I also submitted my IELTS , I just got the NSE request to submit Mybankstatement, what do I do? Since it’s an investment company statement and it’s not on the Mybankstatement website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
Allgoodies21:

Presently shows your document is invalid

If it currently reads invalid, I don’t know if you will be able to travel and traveling without it being updated is a risk.

I think what you can do is push back you itinerary. Gauge the timing and you change your ticket date, you can call the hotel and ask them to change the dates you booked for. The Air bnb too see if you can push it back a bit to accommodate the time you will need.

Ordinarily for the hotel, it should not cost you to make a date change but you will pay for the Ticket date change, the Air bnb I am not sure. Find out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sweetchi2411: 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
elizyous:

Congratulations!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ToluDstar: 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
Baphil:

Praise God with us!!!!

Wow congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sweetchi2411: 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
Baphil:

Praise God with us!!!!

Congratulations!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.