Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (866600 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dukealara: 9:53am On Apr 28, 2021
Dukealara:
Good morning..urgent request!

Do I have to click on confirm appointment link in the appointment confirmation mail before going for biometric or it's after I am done.

I later realized I don't need to...it will be updated automatically.

Also, if you didn't or couldn't make copy of your bio data page. There's a provision for you inside the VAC. Don't let all those guys outside scam you that they only collect coloured copies of your passport data page.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tinakem(f): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Make e send you visiting invite now grin

haaa, pls give me your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owee: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Is it advisable to seek to renew ones passport if it’s going to expire by June next year? I applied for my study visa recently for the Fall session and I think IRCC does not issue a visa beyond the validity of your passport. Would that mean applying for another Visa while in Canada? This is the major reason I want to renew the passport now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tinakem(f): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2021
Hello house, good morning all. I currently have masters in chemical engineering in Nigeria, and I got an admission for masters in process System engineering in canada, both the two courses, chemical and process are related department, is it okay for me if l declare the masters i currently have for my study permit. Pls help a newbie ooo

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mayniaa: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Make e send you visiting invite now grin

Ooh Okay, but it's just less than a year for a invite, me wan prolong stay, this Nigeria is tiring
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tinakem(f): 10:04am On Apr 28, 2021
Tinakem:
Hello house, good morning all. I currently have masters in chemical engineering in Nigeria, and I got an admission for masters in process System engineering in canada, both the two courses, chemical and process are related department, is it okay for me if l declare the masters i currently have for my study permit. Pls help a newbie ooo
@Nairaland forum, help me with this request @legacyedition @elenewton1@MsJanez01
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2021
Rootiab:
he paid my fees with the intention that after I send the 1.5m to him. He would request for charge back and get his money

If he paid the fees for you why do you say he is a scam and how did you know he is going to request for charge back? I just want to be clear here

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2021
Gentledaf:

If he paid the fees for you why do you say he is a scam and how did you know he is going to request for charge back? I just want to be clear here
he threatened to reverse it. That was after I asked for his id cause a friend said it people do request for charge back. Also he has done that to some people on this nairaland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2021
Gentledaf:

If he paid the fees for you why do you say he is a scam and how did you know he is going to request for charge back?

While nothing can be ascertained at this point (although, it seems the moniker has a bad reputation based on his antecedence), it is not out of the range of possibilities that a scam can still be perpetuated even after tuition has been paid.

This is why this is a very complicated and unpleasant situation

The one who paid, by law, should be refunded.

But since a scam has been suspected, this is quite tricky.

That's why I pray God guides him in whatever decision he gets to make.

I also pray he doesn't get into these kinds of deals again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mayniaa: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2021
Someone in Canada(actually a white man) wants to sponsor me to come, how do I go about it, what he does he need to do for me to facilitate the process faster, please I will appreciate any help.
This is a rare opportunity for me.

Please help, which kind of visa should I apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2021
Ribasandez:

While nothing can be ascertained at this point (although, it seems the moniker has a bad reputation based on his antecedence), it is not out of the range of possibilities that a scam can still be perpetuated even after tuition has been paid.

This is why this is a very complicated and unpleasant situation

The one who paid, by law, should be refunded.

But since a scam has been suspected, this is quite tricky.

That's why I pray God guides him in whatever decision he gets to make.

I also pray he doesn't get into these kinds of deals again.
Thank you. He said he will reverse it. So if I send my cash to him and he reverse it. I'm at the loosing end of 1.5m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 28, 2021
Rootiab:
Thank you. He said he will reverse it. So if I send my cash to him and he reverse it. I'm at the loosing end of 1.5m

I know.

I see how this is about to play out.

Do not pay him. He is clearly a scammer.

You may send a letter to the school addressing them about the situation genuinely, and telling them that you will repay as soon as the money is charged back.

That way, the school will not be too suspicious of any unexpected action.

And this time, please pay through the normal channel.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tinakem(f): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=101079218]

Please help me with what to do, l currently have Msc in Chemical Engineering and l got another offer for msc in process System Engineering, both degree are related pls should l include it in my application that l have msc before. Pls help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Good morning guys , please can I get my sponsorship affidavit and police report now pending the time I will receive my LOA so as to hasten my application process or I should wait? I'm concerned about the date those documents will carry.
. You can get your sponsorship affidavit and police character cert now if you are sure you would get your LOA anytime soon, get other documents ready as well because of time factor. But also know that police character cert expires after 3months. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2021
Ribasandez:

I know.

I see how this is about to play out.

Do not pay him. He is clearly a scammer.

You may send a letter to the school addressing them about the situation genuinely, and telling them that you will repay as soon as the money is charged back.

That way, the school will not be too suspicious of any unexpected action.

And this time, please pay through the normal channel.
I even mailed the school about the situation. Hopefully I'd keep trying Form A

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 28, 2021
maestro09:
I have an upfront medical with Qlife for the 30th of April. Is there anyone willing to swap for the first or second week in May?

Hi Maestro09, will you be willing to trade your slot for May 18th? If yes, then I know someone who'll be much happy to make the exchange.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:27am On Apr 28, 2021
Aladeope:

please I want to request for WES evaluation but I want to know which of my transcript do I need to send to them.

I am an OND,HND&BSC Graduate, I obtained my Bsc through a direct entry which I start from 300 level.

please do I need only the bsc transcript for my evaluation or all the transcript from OND till Bsc?

I will appreciate your responses.

Regards

In view of the fact that your BSc was a direct entry through your HND. It is important to send both the HND and BSc for WES Evaluation.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tinakem(f): 10:28am On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=100826761]

How may I be of help with your immigration concerns? Feel fee to ask me any questions and I will respond at my earliest convenience.

I got an offer for msc in process System Engineering in Canada, I have msc in Chemical Engineering in Nigeria, pls should l declare I have msc for my study permit. Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:31am On Apr 28, 2021
Tinakem:

Please help me with what to do, l currently have Msc in Chemical Engineering and l got another offer for msc in process System Engineering, both degree are related pls should l include it in my application that l have msc before. Pls help me

Truthfully declare your previous Master's in your study permit application. It will help you considerably to cover up for your study gaps and affirm your unique thirst for practical knowledge. More so, you can explain to the visa officer why you're opting for a second master's instead of a PhD. You're right that both degrees are closely related, however, they have different specialization which is also a justifiable ground to convince the immigration officer. You should also state the career benefits associated with your proposed course of study and how it will increase your employment prospects after studies.

It will end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tinakem(f): 10:32am On Apr 28, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Truthfully declare your previous Master's, this will help you cover up for your study gaps. More so, you can explain to the visa officer why you're opting for a second master's instead of a PhD. You're right that both degrees are closely related, however, they have different specialization which is also a justifiable ground to convince the immigration officer. You should also state the career benefits associated with your proposed course of study and how it will increase your employment prospects after studies.

It will end in praise
thank you so much. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
How long does it take for centennial college to send LOA pls ? My tuition receipt has been sent but no LOA yet. This is tiring.

Still waiting for mine LOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:39am On Apr 28, 2021
For centennial college ? Since when did you make your deposit payment ? And have you requested for it?

Gentledaf:

Still waiting for mine LOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2021
Mayniaa:
Someone in Canada(actually a white man) wants to sponsor me to come, how do I go about it, what he does he need to do for me to facilitate the process faster, please I will appreciate any help.
This is a rare opportunity for me.

Please help, which kind of visa should I apply for?

Prior to proffering my professional advice on the visa category you're to apply to join your intended spouse, I will require answers to the below questions;

1. Do you've a marriage certificate as a proof that you're legally married to this person (White man)

2. Any proof of your several communications on social media (WhatsApp, Facebook or Instagram)?

3. Have you seen this person (white man) in the past?

4. Any pictures to show you're partners (wedding photos and causal photos etc.)

Please provide answers and I'll advice you accordingly.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2021
Uba processed my Form A in 3days. School received payment on 3rd day of transaction so you don't need all these abroad people payment stress.

Rootiab:
I even mailed the school about the situation. Hopefully I'd keep trying Form A

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2021
How about my bank statement ? Should I wait till I'm set ? I have gathered other documents .. Just the loa is delaying me from getting my sponsorship affidavit and others.

Austin163:
. You can get your sponsorship affidavit and police character cert now if you are sure you would get your LOA anytime soon, get other documents ready as well because of time factor. But also know that police character cert expires after 3months. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 10:46am On Apr 28, 2021
owee:
Hi Everyone,

Is it advisable to seek to renew ones passport if it’s going to expire by June next year? I applied for my study visa recently for the Fall session and I think IRCC does not issue a visa beyond the validity of your passport. Would that mean applying for another Visa while in Canada? This is the major reason I want to renew the passport now.

Renew the passport in Nigeria if you've a good contact that will facilitate the process on your behalf and save yourself the stress of travelling to the Nigerian Consulate in Ottawa for passport renewal and applying for study permit extension.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mayniaa: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Prior to proffering my professional advice on the visa category you're to apply to join your intended spouse, I will require answers to the below questions;

1. Do you've a marriage certificate as a proof that you're legally married to this person (White man)

2. Any proof of your several communications on social media (WhatsApp, Facebook or Instagram)?

3. Have you seen this person (white man) in the past?

4. Any pictures to show you're partners (wedding photos and causal photos etc.)

Please provide answers and I'll advice you accordingly.

It will end in praise

Bro thank you so much for replying.
First off I'm a man and my friend (the white) is also a man, the guy just wants to help me out of this place.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maprince4: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2021
Congratulations!!! It definitely ended in praise

deeozi:
I have been a silent reader.

I got my PPR on 22/4/21.

My timeline is as follow
Submitted application: October 2
NSE request: Nov 17 but I ignored it.
Medical request: Did upfront medical on January 7th,
Had slight delay in uploading the medical slip then medical request came in January 14.
So I used the upfront medical.
Got AIP: January 21.
The wait began: the longest wait of my life because I was told to go for extra test which is after 90 days.
Did the second test (x-ray and sputum test) in April 8.
Medical passed in April 14.
Correspondence letter in April 21.
PPR : April 22nd.

Present situation: Yet to submit my passport because I have less than 6months and Nigeria immigration are not kind enough because i applied for new passport since March 12 and I'm yet I'm recieve the passport. The love story from them is no booklet. What a blessed country.
Hoping to get the new passport soon.

Appreciation: All this could not have been possible without Jephephe who started the process and till date is still giving the necessary assistance to get the new passport soon.

The big masquared must be appreciated Frank Rueben.
Your touch and advice to my application cannot be explain here. God used you to help me achieve this feat.
Like you always said it truly ended in praise for me.
You made it possible.
I'll be coming back for the SOWP soon.
Frank you are the boss.

Big thanks to nairaland forum where I get upto date information and first hand experience and this keeps the zeal in me that all is well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mirian91(f): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2021
Please is there a school that gives nursing to art students in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Uba processed my Form A in 3days. School received payment on 3rd day of transaction so you don't need all these abroad people payment stress.

biko how did u go about it??

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (736)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.