Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857351 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
Spectro:

Thank you very much for your kindness.

May God continue to bless you for all the good things you've been doing.

I wish you success in your application... You deserve the great things yet to come your way.

I think Frankrobbn1 and Lekiboboe should anoint and induct you into the guru-class. I meant that as a joke, but you definitely are a Guru.

I laugh my head off at the bolded statement grin grin. I am thy humble servant to command. Everyone's opinion is valid and must be respected on this platform. You're also doing a great job too.

It will end in praise

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
Mayniaa:

The guy just wants to sponsor me out of this place, you know make me live for a better place.
What do you mean I should show proof of relationship? In what context I mean? We are friends.
For that financial commitment, I think he is, and he is very Capable

In whichever visa route or category you may take, IRCC will require you to provide documents that demonstrate that you truly know this person or vice versa, or what or how the both of you are connected to confirm for themselves that it isn't an arranged sponsorship for financial gains.

You think? That may not be good enough for the officer. It will be better to have a heart-to-heart conversation about the financial aspect and involvement so you have a well-moulded understanding of how to plan and ask for well-informed guidance.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:19pm On Apr 28, 2021
Pinkey2021:
Let me officially introduce myself.

I’m not very new although I’m new!

I’ve been lurking in the backgrounds of Nairaland since early 2020 after I submitted my first application. And my! Have I grown since then.

I first heard about this place from a Nigerian-Canadian YouTuber sometime mid 2019.

After my first application, I became an active reader and soon realized the mistakes with my application. Even before the refusal came I knew I would be refused because my application was just rubbish�

But since after the delay, I’ve read and learned a lot from the gurus and expert here starting from as far back as thread 13! I became an active reader from thread 15 till date.

I’ve just reapplied after all the life changing nuggets that I gleaned from gurus like @frankrobbn1 @justmellow and some other very old names I can’t mention now.

I was in the background live when @Luckymama @fratermathy and the rest were here doling out advices and tips. I even remember when @Lekiboboe joined and asked his first question� And today he’s a guru of repute even though he would want us to believe he’s not. My brother only God almighty will reward you for all your efforts and time given to this thread.

Here’s my timeline as it stands now:
First Application: April 25, 2020
Biometrics: Sept 24, 2020
BVL: Sept 25 2020
Refusal: Sept 26

Second Application
Deferred program to Fall (Sept), 2021
Upfront Medical: Feb 25, 2021
Submitted: Mar 4, 2021 with MBS
Background Check: Mar 5, 2021

On 11th Mar (7days after I applied, I realized I mistakenly opted ‘NO’ to that infamous question about if one has been denied Canadian visa or any other country visas before. I quickly filled out a new e1294 form with the correct info and sent via webform. At the same time I sent a very compelling email to all the IRCC email addresses individually, pleading with them that it was an honest mistake.

Only Beijing and Edmonton I think responded that they’ve received my new form and updated my application with it. The email also assured me that my application is still being processed.

So, that’s where I am currently in my journey. I decided to become active by rendering solutions to the best of my knowledge and capacity to anyone who requires it. I’m not a guru though. I’m just someone whom Nairaland Canada visa thread has helped a great deal.

{It’ll Surely End in Praise for Us All}

Frankly speaking, we need more capable individuals to assist in helping others actualize their Canadian immigration objectives. No one started off as an expert, your consistency in researching for more information and commitment to the process makes you become one. Given the bold step taken by you to update the IMM1294E, I am optimistic that your file will be favourably considered by the immigration authorities.

Keep the house posted on the outcome.

It will end in praise

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Eilenora: 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2021
Hello All,
Please has anyone here flown Air France into Canada? I want to know if they requested for Schenghen visa at Charles De Gaulle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by allisgood: 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
allisgood:
1) Please house I did my upfront medical in IOM Lagos 22nd of April 2021. I was told they will send it to IRCC on Tuesday and also send me a text message but up till now no update from them.
What should I do?

2) And also on the e medical sheet, on the upfront medical type, it was written - ‘worker’
But I applied for study visa, is it something I should be worried about?

Please house help me on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
Avidreader748:

So if one's profile is 460, is the person still advised to withdraw.

Hello Avidreader748,

Please don't. With this score, if one's NOC is in-demand in any of the province's PNP, especially OINP or MPNP, a nomination is sure.

The score is just 8 points off the current CRS score even if we don't know when a possible draw will happen or if the score will go up above 470 if a draw happens. Even if the draw increase to 475, a candidate with 460 in the pool has everything to hope for, especially if the score can be improved.

If a back-to-back draw should happen and if the score doesn't go up above 475 and depending on the number of people entering the pool with a good CRS score, there is hope for those candidates with 460.

If this is your situation, don't harbour that thought of withdrawing nor letting the thought creep in. If you have not considered submitting an EOI to a province, please do. Visit any of the province websites regularly to find out which NOC is in-demand or of yours is.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2021
wealth360:
Hello Everyone.

It's been a while I visited this great 9ja family. I am so happy to see that everything is going on well. Congratulations to those PPR choppers and to those rejected, don't give up please.

Special shout out to @frankrobb1 and Senior man @justwise. Mehn this are the only monikers I know here. Thanks guys for all you do.

One of the pioneer gurus on this platform far back 2015 to 2017. I welcome your presence Chairman. Nice to have you around here.

It will end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2021
silvamania:
Hello Everybody,

Kindly go through this new study permit law for fall 2021

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#apply-study-permit

In Summary ;

Application for Fall 2021 must be submitted by May 15 and you will get results before August 6th

Anything after May 15th is not guaranteed

All the best

I submitted my application 7th April 2021, I got an NSE request. I was about paying for IELTS exam but with the new development it seems i will only submit MBS and leave the IELTS OR what do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2021
Good evening everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on something for me.
So my passport expires in 2023 but I renewed it just so that I wouldn’t have to bother doing it in Canada. The issue is it hasn’t come out yet and I need to submit everything before May 15th in accordance with the new update. If I use my old passport to apply will there be any issues? Someone told me I could use it and then upload a scanned copy of the new one via webform. I’m not sure how accurate that is and I want to confirm that.
Also, there are no dates for medicals before the 15th so I definitely won’t be able to submit that on time. Can I submit the rest and upload the medicals later? And will they begin to process it without the medicals or does everything g have to be complete first?
Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
Also, how long does it take to receive the mailed IELTS certificate? I wrote my exam on the 24th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2021
allisgood:

Please house help me on this

They dont normally text you to let you know it has been sent.

Anyways,what you are to do is, email iom and tell them about the worker. They should issue you a new medical slip with the right visa category. Once done, send the slip via email or webform, ensure you include your full name, date of birth, UCI and application numbers on the body of the mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2021
Officialksolo:
Distinguish ladies and gentlemen

His Excellency President @Frankrobbn
The Senate President @lekiboboe
Honourable Speaker @justmellow

Abeg my SOP is ready!!!
Abeg help me look into it

Abeg help your boy oooooo

Don't let me do mistake before correction

Edakun wink wink wink wink

I believe your request has been sorted out by my fellow capable group members. Wishing you success in your application.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2021
childgodly:
Also, how long does it take to receive the mailed IELTS certificate? I wrote my exam on the 24th.

It's 13days for your test results to be uploaded online and about 16 days for the test report form to be sent to your mailing address.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
I see the gurus are online, @justmellow, @frankrobbn1, @ lekkibobo thanks for dedicating your precious time, God bless you BIG. Amen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Somekay: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2021
Good Evening Everyone, @lekiboboe please advise.

I recently got admission and want to commence my application and dont know the best way to go about it and also first thing first to start.

I have tried to read up on the website and saw online and paper route, please advise which is best and how to commence. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by uchdorcas(f): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
prada1:
Hello People,Please i am asking this question on behalf of someone.

She wants to apply for SP but her passport would expire by next month. she has gone to renew it since feb but they said no papper. Can she apply witht the one she has and send webform as as soon as the renewed passport is available?

or she has to wait?

I think she has to wait. The passport will expire next month, no need going through the stress. Let her wait and make plans by getting other docs during the waiting period. Meanwhile, can’t she visit other passport offices?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
[/b]
childgodly:
Good evening everyone.
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on something for me.
So my passport expires in 2023 but I renewed it just so that I wouldn’t have to bother doing it in Canada. The issue is it hasn’t come out yet and I need to submit everything before May 15th in accordance with the new update. If I use my old passport to apply will there be any issues? Someone told me I could use it and then upload a scanned copy of the new one via webform. I’m not sure how accurate that is and I want to confirm that.
[b]Also, there are no dates for medicals before the 15th so I definitely won’t be able to submit that on time. Can I submit the rest and upload the medicals later? And will they begin to process it without the medicals or does everything g have to be complete first?

Any help will be appreciated.

Since you can submit a full application, I do not think medical is a requirement for this.
I would also like to know. Submitted April 25th and I do not have the intention of doing an upfront medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by allisgood: 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2021
Anon123:

They dont normally text you to let you know it has been sent.

Anyways,what you are to do is, email iom and tell them about the worker. They should issue you a new medical slip with the right visa category. Once done, send the slip via email or webform, ensure you include your full name, date of birth, UCI and application numbers on the body of the mail.
Thank you for the response, please what is their email address? because the one I have seen is for booking. Thank you so much.
iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int, this is the one i saw on their site and when i sent them a message, i got an automatic reply with the link for booking, Please I need their real email address, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It's 13days for your test results to be uploaded online and about 16 days for the test report form to be sent to your mailing address.

It will end in praise

Thank you. 16 days from the date I wrote the exam?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
Is your program not starting online? I am starting online as well.

Ibukun2000:
Good evening
Will like to seek for advice i actually put in for spring/ summer semester but the resumption date is getting closer(May 1) my passport is yet to be returned tho i just paid for my courier service
will u suggest i defer my admission till Fall semester or what can i do
since there are still a whole lot of things to do like registering of courses, hotel and ticket bookings n so on
Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mastmony: 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2021
A friend wants to pay 8000
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
this is when I order for my GCMS note, you right that why am asking maybe I can still submit another or is offensive to submit two documents for one purpose

This is a faceless platform, I will advice you take out the attachment with this post as it contains sensitive information about your file especially your UCI number.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
childgodly:

Was it paper or CBT?
Mine took 5 days for it to be uploaded on the portal and got it dispatched to me on the 7th day.
I did CBT by the way but I heard paper based takes 13 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2021
childgodly:

Thank you. 16 days from the date I wrote the exam?

It might take longer than 16 days for the original certificate to be delivered to your mailing address if your test centre is not Lagos or Abuja.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2021
Teeprecious:

Was it paper or CBT?
Mine took 5 days for it to be uploaded on the portal and got it dispatched to me on the 7th day.
It was CBT.
Thank you, and thank you @Frankrobbin1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2021
Teeprecious:

Was it paper or CBT?

Most test centres outside Lagos and Abuja don't adhere to the 13 days delivery timeframe in sending the hard copy of the results to the applicant's mailing address.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
childgodly:

It was CBT.
Thank you, and thank you @Frankrobbin1

CBT takes 5 days

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by honeycandy(f): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

If your current CRS score is below 450, I would recommend that you cancel it before applying for your study permit.

It will end in praise

Amen.

Thanks. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
I'm really sorry I keep stressing you people here. I'm just trying to get everything together ASAP.
For the proof of funds, my parents are paying my fees and I'm obviously unemployed. How many of these do I need to submit then?
your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

Then for all these forms they gave me to fill, Adobe is saying I can't save changes to some. Does that mean I have to print, fill and then scan them? For the signatures as well, do I need to print and sign then scan?

Thank you all so much for your patience you're so kind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Frankly speaking, we need more capable individuals to assist in helping others actualize their Canadian immigration objectives. No one started off as an expert, your consistency in researching for more information and commitment to the process makes you become one. Given the bold step taken by you to update the IMM1294E, I am optimistic that your file will be favourably considered by the immigration authorities.

Keep the house posted on the outcome.

It will end in praise

Thank you so much @Frankrobbn1, I appreciate your response. I’m also very hopeful for a positive outcome.

Thank you so much for all you do here. May God continuously bless you richly.

{It’ll Surely End in Praise for us All}
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by honorableron(m): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
No one has answered my question fa.

honorableron:
Hello guys I have been hearing past applicant say they got a medical request mail from ircc before they went to either iom or qlife clinic .
But my question is this . I did my biometrics abt 2 weeks ago and my portal status is still same as it was "submitted" up till now. But it shows biometrics has been completed ..

Can I do an upfront medical since I haven't gotten any mail from.them yet ...
Anyone who has passed that stage .Did U gt any mail from ircc before booking an appointment at those clinics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 247humble: 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2021
Please help a Brother !

I'm working towards STUDY PATH to immigration: I had previous education in Chemical Engineering, BUT all my work experience 5+yrs has been in Electrical Engineering (Automation and Control) with numerious Training here and abroad.

In your opinion which of the following options will have a higher chance of Study Permit approval:

1. Masters in Chemical Engineering (which match my academic background only but not match with my work experience)?
2. Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology 2yr Program (which matches with my work experience but is low level certificate)?

Your inputs will be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance !

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.