Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,399 members, 7,830,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (874382 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 8:35am On May 08, 2021
Baggiomarrio:
hi Jeff, did you later submit the Nse document?

I ignored the request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 8:41am On May 08, 2021
shupy:
I still don't understand why some applicants are waiting for medical request before going for their medical exam. It's imperative you do the upfront medicals. The backlog is getting longer with each passing day. Waiting for medical request will cause unnecessary delay to your PPR.

How wish I did an upfront medical, I believe I must have gotten PPR by now
Submitted my application December 20
Medical request on March 26
Medical updated to pass April 15
Am still waiting for PPR

Waiting for Medical request Delayed my application

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onomss: 8:43am On May 08, 2021
Businesstools:

24 - 48 hours.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 8:48am On May 08, 2021
Jeff5gold:

How wish I did an upfront medical, I believe I must have gotten PPR by now
Submitted my application December 20
Medical request on March 26
Medical updated to pass April 15
Am still waiting for PPR

Waiting for Medical request Delayed my application

Exactly
At that point that you got medical request it could have been ppr
But nothing spoil sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 8:57am On May 08, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:

Bro..pls when did u submit application? I submitted Feb 13 and haven't heard from cic till this moment

Please reply my mail. We applied same day

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 9:01am On May 08, 2021
shupy:
I still don't understand why some applicants are waiting for medical request before going for their medical exam. It's imperative you do the upfront medicals. The backlog is getting longer with each passing day. Waiting for medical request will cause unnecessary delay to your PPR.

Really
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 9:17am On May 08, 2021
Mobi22:

Exactly
But nothing spoil sha

Men.....my mind nor Dey at rest
Always checking my mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:32am On May 08, 2021
Lekiboboe:

See it here

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/274#93325073

Bro, it's impressive what you do here with these citations.

You never abandon this forum and have been consistent in your aid.

Even my sacrifice dwarfs what you, @frankrobyn, and @justmellow do because I know I cannot sustain this long. Once I get my PPR, I'm off.

Coupled with the extensive experience and ample knowledge that you guys possess, you are the great heroes of our visa application success.

Thank you so much for all the kind works you are doing. Someday, (hoping God blesses me abundantly), I will give back to you guys.

Stay blessed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2021
shupy:
please,gurus in the house, when you go for a medical exam,what are they checking out for or what type of test are they carrying out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:36am On May 08, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Amen! Amen!!. I'm utmosly grateful for the prayers and touching words. God bless us all.

It will end in praise

When I observed how you help others on this platform, I had to study your Nairaland account closely. The image you posted simply reflects your perception of life.

You really are a rare mind... Best of brains and heart.

May God continue to bless your kindness. May he enrich you profusely.

And if God enriches me abundantly, I will do my best to share the blessings with you guys.

I don't know how this selflessness you show works, because my brain cannot comprehend it, but one thing I know is that it must never go unrewarded.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by pale232: 9:47am On May 08, 2021
Good morning everyone,

I just saw the thread online and joined yesterday. Thanks for all the info you guys provide. It is really eye opening.
I realised I made a lot of errors in my application and I want to confirm if there i can remedy this before a decision is made. I applied for financial planning as a Pdg course. I studied economics as an undergraduate and work in a bank.
1. I applied using the Nse route march 1st. I am sponsoring myself.
2. I didn't attach a letter of explanation as I didn't know what it meant. All I did was attach a statement of purpose and submitted my additional documents, My degree certificate, acca certificate, promotion letter(as I couldn't find my employment letter), staff idcard, evidence of previous travel history (UK, Us, Dubai).
Also I used just my dollar account for proof of funds as I had previously converted my funds to Dollars about a year ago. The funds came as 2 lump sums then.
3. I didn't really establish family ties as I don't have siblings and my mum is late. Just my Dad.

My application is currently showing eligibility under review and background check in progress.

I want to confirm if I can still submit a LOE and additional documents to help my application.

Please help me guys. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OmaJoe1: 9:52am On May 08, 2021
Good morning guys,
I trust we all are doing well.
Please how much does the medical screening cost at IOM and q-life family clinic?

Thanks in anticipation for your prompt answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ruthbella(f): 10:09am On May 08, 2021
Hello friends,i did upfront medical in November 2020 and submitted my study visa application on 9th December 2020 and biometrics was done on 14th December. My medical is updated to pass and since then im yet to get update from Ircc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ruthbella(f): 10:12am On May 08, 2021
Mobi22:

Exactly
But nothing spoil sha

I did upfront medical in November, submitted my application in December 9 2020 since then no update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by modestmj: 10:25am On May 08, 2021
Good Morning House,

Please I would like to know the most preferred Bank to make payment for my visa application. I don't have an idea how to go about the payment

Also, please can anyone kindly give me the address where can I get a Plolice Clearance Certificate in Abuja?

Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 10:38am On May 08, 2021
Austin163:
please,gurus in the house, when you go for a medical exam,what are they checking out for or what type of test are they carrying out?
Capturing, x-ray, blood and urine taking, vitals and finally you get to see a doctor that ask you questions. The process is about 6 hours. Most of it is because you will be waiting to be attended to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 10:41am On May 08, 2021
Ruthbella:

I did upfront medical in November, submitted my application in December 9 2020 since then no update.
you probably didn't provide the NSE requirement. If that's the case, priority won't be given to your application. Are you resuming in May? You should be sending webform on daily basis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 10:46am On May 08, 2021
OmaJoe1:
Good morning guys,
Please how much does the medical screening cost at IOM and q-life family clinic?

46,500k as at march

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jeff5gold: 10:58am On May 08, 2021
shupy:
you probably didn't provide the NSE requirement. If that's the case, priority won't be given to your application. Are you resuming in May? You should be sending webform on daily basis.

Not providing NSE requirements is not the issue
I applied December 20 got NSE request December 30 but I ignored
Got medical request March 26
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 11:00am On May 08, 2021
Ruthbella:

Please be specific
If you followed NSE route or not because I doubt you did because you could have gotten a response by now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 11:03am On May 08, 2021
Jeff5gold:

It kind of the issue
If you didn’t submit NSE turn get ready to wait although hopeful your get a positive response soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:03am On May 08, 2021
ozone00001:

Once he transfer it to me, do I need to prepare a gift deed or something?

A deed of gift from sponsor? That doesn't sound logical in the immigration terms. He should rather state it on his letter of sponsorship and affidavit of support that he has transferred a certain amount to demonstrate his financial capability of sponsoring your studies in Canada.

It will end in praise

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 11:04am On May 08, 2021
pale232:
Good morning everyone,

I just saw the thread online and joined yesterday. Thanks for all the info you guys provide. It is really eye opening.
I realised I made a lot of errors in my application and I want to confirm if there i can remedy this before a decision is made. I applied for financial planning as a Pdg course. I studied economics as an undergraduate and work in a bank.
1. I applied using the Nse route march 1st. I am sponsoring myself.
2. I didn't attach a letter of explanation as I didn't know what it meant. All I did was attach a statement of purpose and submitted my additional documents, My degree certificate, acca certificate, promotion letter(as I couldn't find my employment letter), staff idcard, evidence of previous travel history (UK, Us, Dubai).
Also I used just my dollar account for proof of funds as I had previously converted my funds to Dollars about a year ago. The funds came as 2 lump sums then.
3. I didn't really establish family ties as I don't have siblings and my mum is late. Just my Dad.

My application is currently showing eligibility under review and background check in progress.

I want to confirm if I can still submit a LOE and additional documents to help my application.

Please help me guys. God bless you all
LOE and statement of purpose are basically the same thing. Countries just interchange the term. Yes, you can address your concern with an updated statement. However you would have been in a much better situation if you had ordered a GCMS note. It takes about 30 days for you to get it. The problem is that decision might be made on your application while waiting for GCMS assessment of your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 11:10am On May 08, 2021
Jeff5gold:

My response was to @Ruthbella. The delay you're facing at the moment is probably because you didn't do the upfront medicals. It's no longer an NSE issue if you've gotten medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 11:20am On May 08, 2021
shupy:

My response was to @Ruthbella. The delay you're facing at the moment is probably because you didn't do the upfront medicals. It's no longer an NSE issue if you've gotten medical request.

Gbam.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by allisgood: 11:34am On May 08, 2021
Good day house, please I have been sending webforms and emails daily to IRCC and still got the same response that they sent earlier that my application is still 'under active review', should i still keep sending them the webforms and emails till I get a final decision on my application or stop sending them the webforms and emails since I have gotten a response?
My application is 20 weeks and I start classes May 10th 2021
My medical was updated to pass on the 6th of May 2021, did it on the 22nd of April.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by pale232: 11:35am On May 08, 2021
shupy:

LOE and statement of purpose are basically the same thing. Countries just interchange the term. Yes, you can address your concern with an updated statement. However you would have been in a much better situation if you had ordered a GCMS note. It takes about 30 days for you to get it. The problem is that decision might be made on your application while waiting for GCMS assessment of your application.
@shupy
Many thanks for your response. Can I then explain how I got the lump sum dollars early last year by backing it up with a statement of investment. Do u advise i attach my salary account(although there is no money in it). Also can I now attach my employment letter and how can I proof ties since I am also single. Thanks once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:50am On May 08, 2021
OmaJoe1:
Good morning guys,

IOM (Lagos or Abuja) - #46,500

Q-life - (Lagos Only) - #40,000 (New Price) formerly #35,000

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 11:51am On May 08, 2021
Na so so profile updated me I just dey see,I quickly open to see what is updated there only to see its still same thing. God please have mercy oo.
Good morning beautiful people and happy weekend.
Wishing all testimony and PPR filled week ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 11:54am On May 08, 2021
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
Hello everyone please between REGINA UNIVERSITY and SENECA COLLEGE which one is better and has more recognition.

One is a university while the other is a college. Best choice is dependent on what you want, which school offers what you need and what you can afford.

Though universities are more expensive than colleges.
Colleges programs are more practical oriented than universities.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 11:56am On May 08, 2021
modestmj:
Good Morning House,

Please I would like to know the most preferred Bank to make payment for my visa application. I don't have an idea how to go about the payment

Also, please can anyone kindly give me the address where can I get a Plolice Clearance Certificate in Abuja?

Thanks a million.

For the bolded.

Do banks pay visa fee of $235cad? I dont think so.. You will need to get someone with a foreign ATM card or someone in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by possessor1: 12:10pm On May 08, 2021
It is not about just having enough money in your account or sponsors account.. (according to my agent.. Really solid guy)

He said the whole application must make sense to the VO especially the SOP. He has seen someone with 300 million rejected....because he felt with 300 million no country should reject him..

You just need to do your due diligence.

Austin163:
my brother, shebi they need people who will not be a financial burden to their government, since he has the money, I was told that self sponsor is the most valued. I can decide to go for any course,it is my choice so long it align with my career part if its a science, art or commercial course of study. Buh if I were the VO, I would consider what one is coming to do in Canada after such pay and such outflow of money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.