Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (870062 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:57am On May 21, 2021
Phiyin:
Good morning. Please how much is medical fee in Qlife and IOM? And is it a must i use Alagbon police station?

Q-life - #40,000 (formerly #35,000)
IOM - #46,500

If you are in Lagos, Yes you must compulsorily use the CID at Alagbon, Ikoyi for your Police Clearance Certificate, even the one done in other states are bin sent to CID Alagbon, Lagos for processing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankalvinz(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2021
hoodboy:

Form A is way cheaper

Do you know if "Form A" still works, after this CBN rigmarole that's been happening?
If so, How do I make tuition fee payment with "Form A"?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hassan19: 11:04am On May 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I got a lil question. I’m about to start my online application but I’m kinda confused. Should I use the new online application method or use the normal one that requires a Gckey? It’s saying that they are testing the new study permit application and it’s available to some applicants. A swift response will be highly appreciated �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:23am On May 21, 2021
Samcookie:
Hello Guys , I am new here and I love to know more about Canada student scholarships, I was referred here by a friend and I think I love it here , one big family ���
Hi

Take your time & go through the contents in the link below, then relate it to your own field and research interests.

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/561#101054570

If you have further questions along the line ,ask here in the Platform

Note: Your target should be for FALL 2022 (September 2022), so you can begin now in advance by getting your Transcript (Student Copy), Drafting, your Academic CV, sending Cold Mails to Professors in your field & research areas etc. Cos most FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES in Canada & US ends January 15th of every year

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by recxa: 11:36am On May 21, 2021
Royalty95:

I just pray it doesn’t cry Cos I have already booked by flight for august to Toronto
Same I'm going to Toronto in August sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nnamdiosang: 12:09pm On May 21, 2021
ritzzybaron:

Exactly! This is it. Hopefully the guy that enquiried sees this.

Yeah I saw it, I'm already on location. Thank you to y'ull that responded.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DeeShares: 12:13pm On May 21, 2021
Good day everyone.

I submitted my application on the 16th of April with all the NSE documents and the only update on my application is my biometrics. I even included my upfront medicals to my application and there is still no update on regarding that on my application. I understand that the claims that by providing all the documents required for the Nigeria Student Express does not guarantee that your application will be processed within 20 days or even a month but I was hoping that there would at least be some updates on my application by now.

Due to the fact that my academic session is meant to start in June, I ensured I got all my NSE documents together so my application could be processed quickly but at this point I think I would have to defer my admission.

I don't know what to do now. I feel so helpless. I am not sure if I should bother ordering for GCMS notes as I hear that in itself takes over 30 days.

Please I would greatly appreciate any advice. The stress is too much.

Thank you all and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Phiyin: 12:16pm On May 21, 2021
Thank you sir
Lekiboboe:

Q-life - #40,000 (formerly #35,000)
IOM - #46,500

If you are in Lagos, Yes you must compulsorily use the CID at Alagbon, Ikoyi for your Police Clearance Certificate, even the one done in other states are bin sent to CID Alagbon, Lagos for processing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 12:32pm On May 21, 2021
DeeShares:
Good day everyone.

I submitted my application on the 16th of April with all the NSE documents and the only update on my application is my biometrics. I even included my upfront medicals to my application and there is still no update on regarding that on my application. I understand that the claims that by providing all the documents required for the Nigeria Student Express does not guarantee that your application will be processed within 20 days or even a month but I was hoping that there would at least be some updates on my application by now.

Due to the fact that my academic session is meant to start in June, I ensured I got all my NSE documents together so my application could be processed quickly but at this point I think [/b]I would have to defer my admission.[b]

I don't know what to do now. I feel so helpless. I am not sure if I should bother ordering for GCMS notes as I hear that in itself takes over 30 days.

You feel so helpless in less than 30days?? Don’t be
Just defer your admission and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 12:35pm On May 21, 2021
Congratulations !!!

This breakfast will reach all of us, amen!!

Alchemist01:
My people, it has finally ended in praise.

My PPR just dropped a few minutes ago !!!!!!!

My timeline is as below:

Application Submission: February 25, 2021
Biometrics Request: February 26, 2021
Biometrics Completed: March 2, 2021
Request for NSE Documents: March 2, 2021
Upfront Medical: March 27, 2021
NSE Documents submitted and acknowledged: March 31, 2021
Medical passed: April 14, 2021
PPR and Correspondence Letter: May 20, 2021

Can someone please provide me with the steps to submit my passport for stamping and get it back quickly?

I have started lectures remotely since May 3rd and it has not been easy at all.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 12:39pm On May 21, 2021
What's this , are you a Kidnapper ?
Guys beware of this address o.

olabisi6438:

Find your way to custain from festac
From curtain take a bus to CMS

Hopefully you can get a direct bus to CMS

When you get to CMS (biometric)
Enter Ajah and drop at the last busstop (ilaje)
When you drop, cross to the other side and ask people

For medicals at Qlife

Take a bus going to eko hotel from CMS
Drop at eko hotel roundabout
You'll see some white small bus(korope)
Tell them you're going to Q)life or family clinic they'll drop you at the junction of the hHospital
You'll just walk down and locate the place

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buckyfof(m): 12:53pm On May 21, 2021
DeeShares:
Good day everyone.

Due to the fact that my academic session is meant to start in June, I ensured I got all my NSE documents together so my application could be processed quickly but at this point I think I would have to defer my admission.

Your application is barely one month old, there’s no way you will be getting a tangible decision within that time frame as your program begins in June. Has your eligibility review started??

I think maybe you should Defer your program to the next available date, it doesn’t affect your study permit in any way.
It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 1:02pm On May 21, 2021
May Canada favor you.

Kayyyy:
Landing gist!!
From Abuja to Toronto using Ethiopian airline;
My flight was on the 17th of May by 1:35pm but I got to the airport by 9:15 to check in and prepare myself for excess luggage (which at the end, I didn’t get)

At the Abuja airport; they asked for;
Passport, with stamped study visa
Enrollment letter
COVID test
Hotel quarantine plans
Flight ticket.

Little advice; you could wrap your luggage at the airport cause of change of aircraft to about tear or manhandling of your luggage. I think it’s 500 naira per baggage.
To be honest, the food served on Ethiopian airline wasn’t bad for me, we were served basmati rice with either beef, chicken or curry sauce.

At Addis Abba I was only asked for my passport and boarding pass. Lay over was 2 hours.
We stopped at Dublin for refuel but we didn’t get down from the plane. We were there for like an hour and 30 mins or so.

On our way to Canada, we were given 3 different forms to fill, which they asked for at the Canadian immigration center at the Pearson airport.

At the Toronto airport, asked for my passport and for me to drop my face mask so they could see my face, and give the reason for my trip. Then moved to a different side, where I was asked for enrollment letter, the forms I filled on the plane, COVID test result, ArriveCAN, admission letter.

One of the forms was signed and stamped. Then I moved to immigration side where I was asked questions like why I am in Canada, name of school, course, previous education, school fees receipt, passport, filled forms, enrollment letter. After everything my passport was stamped and I was given the official study permit. And they explained things like I am legible to work for some hours per week, and when the study permit will expire and co.

Went down stairs, got my luggage, then signed up for health switch for COVID test. Took a covid test and was given a personal COVID test kit to be taken on Day 8 of quarantine. Then hotel buses came to pick us from the airport depending on our individual hotels. Like 6 in the bus. I booked Crowne plaza, I paid $950 (USD) cash at the hotel. Will be leaving the hotel tomorrow morning ( done with quarantine).

So that’s it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 1:10pm On May 21, 2021
This should boil down to your preference
, just read the terms and condition and go with the one you prefer .. I guess everyone on here used the normal gckey method cos I'm just getting to know about this new invention.

Hassan19:
Hi everyone, I got a lil question. I’m about to start my online application but I’m kinda confused. Should I use the new online application method or use the normal one that requires a Gckey? It’s saying that they are testing the new study permit application and it’s available to some applicants. A swift response will be highly appreciated �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DeeShares: 1:19pm On May 21, 2021
Thank you

Mobi22:

You feel so helpless in less than 30days?? Don’t be
Just defer your admission and hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DeeShares: 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
My eligibility review hasn't started.

I think I'll just defer my program.
Thank you so much

buckyfof:

Your application is barely one month old, there’s no way you will be getting a tangible decision within that time frame as your program begins in June. Has your eligibility review started??

I think maybe you should Defer your program to the next available date, it doesn’t affect your study permit in any way.
It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 1:22pm On May 21, 2021
Hi guys
I applied Jan 25th for spring session buh already deferred to fall session due to visa delay,

I have sent my new LOA to ircc.
Did I do the right thing, or do you guys feel they will abondon my application since my start date has changed..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2021
Frankalvinz:

Do you know if "Form A" still works, after this CBN rigmarole that's been happening?
If so, How do I make tuition fee payment with "Form A"?

It works, access bank processed mine in a week. You’re to go with your invoice, certificate if it is postgraduate, copy of passport, invoice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Perseverer: 1:33pm On May 21, 2021
Any PPR news today?

These news help us to measure the stage of decision-making for other awaiting applicants.

They also help us know what actions are ideal and what precautions are worth taking to avoid pitfalls.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 1:33pm On May 21, 2021
Please is this IOM or Q-life? Because Q-life hasn't sent my result it's been almost 2 weeks now. Should I call them?
Gracehayford1:
After sending the medical letter through webform. Should I still send the medical result through webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 1:37pm On May 21, 2021
They have now uploaded my medical result.

Medical examination happened on 21st April.

Medical updated to pass today.

I sent email to Lagos Canadian Visa office four days ago. I did so after emails to Nairobi yielded no result.

We should endeavor to send emails to both Nairobi and Lagos, because no one knows which office may act on them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bertram87: 1:38pm On May 21, 2021
gracedson:
I have an appointment with ION on
Date 01-Jun-2021
Time 11:00 AM

But I will not be available until June 9, who wants to swap ?

Hello @Gracedson I am interested my appointment is the 9th of June just when you will be available. I think this is a good fit. Let’s connect.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 21, 2021
marcelonwa:
Hi guys
I applied Jan 25th for spring session buh already deferred to fall session due to visa delay,

I have sent my new LOA to ircc.
Did I do the right thing, or do you guys feel they will abondon my application since my start date has changed..

You have already sent them your new LOA. So does it still matter whether you did right or wrong in sending the document to them? Just calm down and wait out the process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 1:44pm On May 21, 2021
Thank you so much for your response

JustMellow:

Hello TennieYF,

Please, jump into the pool so as to stamp your entering date close to the tie-breaking rule.

When packaging your SP application, package or treat it as a separate application. Work at meeting the eligibility requirement of SP and show justifiable home ties whether or not the PR application has been submitted.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hertzz: 1:46pm On May 21, 2021
Good day guys
Please can someone list/advise the documents to notarized while processing Study Permit
Thank You
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 1:49pm On May 21, 2021
Kayyyy:
Landing gist!!
My flight was on the 17th of May by 1:35pm but I got to the airport by 9:15 to check in and prepare myself for excess luggage (which at the end, I didn’t get)

Enrollment letter
COVID test
Hotel quarantine plans
Flight ticket.

Little advice; you could wrap your luggage at the airport cause of change of aircraft to about tear or manhandling of your luggage. I think it’s 500 naira per baggage.
To be honest, the food served on Ethiopian airline wasn’t bad for me, we were served basmati rice with either beef, chicken or curry sauce.

At Addis Abba I was only asked for my passport and boarding pass. Lay over was 2 hours.
We stopped at Dublin for refuel but we didn’t get down from the plane. We were there for like an hour and 30 mins or so.

On our way to Canada, we were given 3 different forms to fill, which they asked for at the Canadian immigration center at the Pearson airport.

At the Toronto airport, asked for my passport and for me to drop my face mask so they could see my face, and give the reason for my trip. Then moved to a different side, where I was asked for enrollment letter, the forms I filled on the plane, COVID test result, ArriveCAN, admission letter.

One of the forms was signed and stamped. Then I moved to immigration side where I was asked questions like why I am in Canada, name of school, course, previous education, school fees receipt, passport, filled forms, enrollment letter. After everything my passport was stamped and I was given the official study permit. And they explained things like I am legible to work for some hours per week, and when the study permit will expire and co.

Went down stairs, got my luggage, then signed up for health switch for COVID test. Took a covid test and was given a personal COVID test kit to be taken on Day 8 of quarantine. Then hotel buses came to pick us from the airport depending on our individual hotels. Like 6 in the bus. I booked Crowne plaza, I paid $950 (USD) cash at the hotel. Will be leaving the hotel tomorrow morning ( done with quarantine).

So that’s it.

God bless you for this.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bunmijab: 2:01pm On May 21, 2021
Response to this would really be helpful cause have bee wondering which to notarize and which not to

hertzz:
Good day guys
Please can someone list/advise the documents to notarized while processing Study Permit
Thank You
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
Bunmijab:
Response to this would really be helpful cause have bee wondering which to notarize and which not to

I only notarized my affidavit of sponsorship. I guess it depends on your individual circumstances because I’ve seen some others notarize other documents as well concerning proof of funds. But mine was pretty straightforward, my dad is paying for me so I only did affidavit of sponsorship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lolathegenie: 2:22pm On May 21, 2021
please, How did you get your upfront medical done
did they send you any documents to give the people at the medical office.
Please just walk me through the upfront medical process

Alchemist01:
My people, it has finally ended in praise.

My PPR just dropped a few minutes ago !!!!!!!

My timeline is as below:

Application Submission: February 25, 2021
Biometrics Request: February 26, 2021
Biometrics Completed: March 2, 2021
Request for NSE Documents: March 2, 2021
Upfront Medical: March 27, 2021
NSE Documents submitted and acknowledged: March 31, 2021
Medical passed: April 14, 2021
PPR and Correspondence Letter: May 20, 2021

Can someone please provide me with the steps to submit my passport for stamping and get it back quickly?

I have started lectures remotely since May 3rd and it has not been easy at all.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MERCHANDISER: 2:22pm On May 21, 2021
who knows TOEFL office in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibukun2000: 2:22pm On May 21, 2021
Kayyyy:
Landing gist!!

Enrollment letter
COVID test
Hotel quarantine plans
Flight ticket.

So that’s it.
wow...so nice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 2:29pm On May 21, 2021
@oyinbo4real, @Kayyyy How did you make payment for Crowne Plaza hotel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (736)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.