Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,368 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (862227 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by taminat: 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Hello house... I want to know if there is need for additional statement of account.. have paid a year tuition fee to my scchool in Canada and still have 4million naira in my own personal account which I submitted to NSC with test of English waiver letter.
Here is my question.. is the 4million naira statement of account okay or I still need to add another statement of account to boost up my financial status?
Finally I hope this doesn't sound somehow.. can anyone assist me with additional statement.of Account as this is my fifth time of applying to canada.. God have mercy oo

You have to weigh the consequences of your decisions and decide if it’s worth the risk. N4m is a little over 10k cad living expenses and may not be considered sufficient especially if you are self sponsored. Why would you want to exhaust your entire savings on studying? What is the significant impact on your career prospects? Why will you want to return at the end of your studies if you have little or no money to fall back on?

Have you considered using a legitimate sponsor or co-sponsor? I wish you the best this time around.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thanks my real ppl...
taminat:

You have to weigh the consequences of your decisions and decide if it’s worth the risk. N4m is a little over 10k cad living expenses and may not be considered sufficient especially if you are self sponsored. Why would you want to exhaust your entire savings on studying? What is the significant impact on your career prospects? Why will you want to return at the end of your studies if you have little or no money to fall back on?

Have you considered using a legitimate sponsor or co-sponsor? I wish you the best this time around.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Candboy: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
where ona dey see this money? I need bank statement ooo... who get link?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Baggiomarrio: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Hello house... I want to know if there is need for additional statement of account.. have paid a year tuition fee to my scchool in Canada and still have 4million naira in my own personal account which I submitted to NSC with test of English waiver letter.
Here is my question.. is the 4million naira statement of account okay or I still need to add another statement of account?
Finally I hope this doesn't sound somehow.. can anyone assist me with additional statement.of Account as this is my fifth time of applying to canada.. God have mercy oo
hey bro.. God sees your cry , don’t be bothered with the insulting comment from some people, just be calm, do your best , pray to God , because he answers prayers. Just know you not alone in this , may not be able to help financially , but be rest assured have said words of prayers for you. It is well

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
Bro no amount of insult can shake us.. everyone in this platform is going higher even those that insulted me. We will all smile. God bless

Baggiomarrio:
hey bro.. God sees your cry , don’t be bothered with the insulting comment from some people, just be calm, do your best , pray to God , because he answers prayers. Just know you not alone in this , may not be able to help financially , but be rest assured have said words of prayers for you. It is well

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Upton: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
Good day all.

Please I need advise on what to do.

I applied for admission with Chukwuka as my surname, Olusegun as first name and Nasir as middle name. So in my online application form, my full name is showing as Chukwuka Olusegun Nasir (surname, first name and middle name). At that moment, I didn't remember that in all my previous school documents/certificates and even National ID card and international passport, I wrote my middle name between my first name and surname, so it shows as Chukwuka Nasir Olusegun.

When the school received my supporting documents, they asked for a government issued ID because the way my name was arranged in my documents was different from how I filled it in the online application and I sent them a copy of my national ID card showing Chukwuka Nasir Olusegun explaining that in the past, I wrote my names in Surname, middle name and First name format. I haven't heard from them since and I don't know if the name concern is the reason I haven't gotten a decision yet.

I am thinking if I should just wait it out or go ahead to do a sworn one and same person affidavit and send to the school. Please I will appreciate your opinions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Lovecars501:
the fifth time!! And u keep applying 4 it,u no pity urself can't u see dat u aren't destined to go there
Hey. Dont say that, what's the meaning of he or she is not destined. Don't ever say that to someone.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ybahrbz91: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Good afternoon house!
kudos to everyone sacrificing their time to contribute on this page. I have been an ardent follower for a while.

I applied for a study Visa last month and I got a mail this morning that I might be eligible for Nigeria Student Express.
One of the requirements of the NSE is proof of IELTS result. The school already offered me admission by waiving IELTS.

My question goes thus;

Can I mail them that IELTS has already been waived for me.
Do I need to go to the bank to request another statement of account different from the one I submitted earlier.
Should I also do my Medicals and submit along side the application.

Thank you for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2021
AyomiAfo:

This is such a mean thing to say to somebody.
that person isn't alright mentally
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ArikeAk: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Bro no amount of insult can shake us.. everyone in this platform is going higher even those that insulted me. We will all smile. God bless

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
elizyous:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Only a fool will say that there is no GOD! I have seen him at work in my life and I am a living testimony that He answers prayers in line with His will for you and me.

This journey started 2years ago when I initially wanted to do express entry but my score wasn’t high enough. I wrote IELTS back then and got an 8,8,8,6.5 in S,R,L and W respectively. I contested the writing score and to God’s glory, after 3 weeks it came back approved and my writing score was increased to 7 bringing me to an overall band score of 8.

Fast forward to last year October when I suddenly decided that I wanted to try the study route out and saw a course I like but it was one week to the deadline. I quickly gathered my documents and submitted a few days before deadline. I applied to just one school with faith. To GOD’s glory, I got the admission! 2nd hurdle crossed lol.

I was advised by a friend to ready up everything about packaging my application from Nairaland and I turn this platform to my new bible, digesting every detail from Thread 13 all the way from writing my SOP to how I arranged my documents. I even read from someone’s testimony here, to use my office email when applying which I also did. Thank you all for your immense contributions on this platform. You are saving lives!!! I packaged my application without using any agent, all to the glory of GOD ALMIGHTY. I arranged my documents using table of contents for each section as advised here.

Funny part is that when I submitted my application with full NSE, I was expecting that in one month, my visa would have arrived. This one became a serious test of faith but God is always faithful. Imagine being sent for biometrics 1month after applying as against the usual 1 week of other people. I sent webforms and emails once every week, all the way to the same day I got my PPR and they kept responding with their usual email of its actively under control.

One thing I would suggest is that if you are yet to do your medicals, pls do and send to them. It saves you a whole lot of waiting because when they are checking ur eligibility, rather than sending u to go and do medicals which will take more time, its approved immediately.

My timeline is below:

Application Date: February 4th, 2021 (I submitted my application with all the requirements for NSE route)
Upfront Medicals: February 26th, 2021
Upfront medicals passed: March 2nd, 2021
Biometrics Request Date: March 5th, 2021
Biometrics Done: March 8th, 2021
Request for MBS: April 9th, 2021
Submission of Additional Document (MBS): April 12th, 2021
Eligibility review started: April 13th, 2021
PPR and BVL!!!!! April 22nd, 2021

As at yesterday morning, I was still begging God to give me this as my birthday gift and lo and behold at 9:23am, my love letter dropped!!! I laughed, cried and rolled on the floor in my office. I couldn’t sleep all night, my mind has been racing on different things, truly-problem no dey finish, lol. Please pardon my long epistle.

God is too faithful to fail! He did it for me and will do it for everyone on this platform that is expecting. And to the gurus in the house who constantly help and give advice, may GOD bless you and grant all your hearts requests. AMEN

Reading this made me smile wide!!

I'm glad it ended well in the shortest possible time.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!

P.S. : @teenie19 please get ready to add my name to that your list. I'm getting my PPR next. To save you the stress, I applied Dec 16. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dolex86: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
Sent you a mail Pinkey

Pinkey2021:

@Lekiboboe ejo Sir, I think this moniker needs your professional assistance with one of those your carefully compiled lists. Ejoo help her out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovecars501(m): 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2021
Rootiab:
Hey. Dont say that, what's the meaning of he or she is not destined. Don't ever say that to someone.
yes sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovecars501(m): 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
Gentledaf:

There is no thing God can't do.It will end in praise
i hear u ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
demure178:
Update on my procedural fairness,
I submitted the reply from my procedural fairness I got on the 20th of April yesterday, and after I submitted I checked this morning, I saw ghost update also.. now it’s 5050, heart beating fast, make them no ban person, cuz 2 million plus for a lawyer to fight the case Na hell.. But am
Positive though

Application submitted with MBS- Feb 14
Eligibility review started - March 20th
Upfront medical updated to pass- March 22
Procedural fairness letter- April 20th
Replied the letter with my lawyer and documents proof- April 22th
Ghost update- April 23th

Now

Waitinggggg.

You'll testify soon like I'm going to.

Keep Faith Bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thank you so much for taking your time to explain. I appreciate.

Pinkey2021:

Yes. CBN is the bank rate. It’s also the cheapest and safest way to make tuition payment from Nig.

Go to the bank for further info. I paid through Stanbic and it took exactly 4days for my school to receive the funds and issue my receipt.

NOTE: Nigerian banks usually honour the funds payment with USD because CAD is not always readily available in Nig banks, although the school fees invoice and quote is in Canadian dollars. So, don’t be alarmed when they tell you they don’t have Canadian dollars but USD.

In simple language the bank will pay the fees via Form A using USDollars, while your school will receive it in Canadian dollars. But you’ll be billed in the CAD equivalent.

I hope I’m clear.

{It’ll Surely End In Praise for Us All}

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by afrischolars1: 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Kindly assist me. .. I submitted application.on 13 of Feb 2021 , Received NSE request on 26-Feb 2021.
I submitted test of English Waiver letter from college in Canada and my University here in Nigeria on 6th of March 2021 and ever since then have not received any message. Can someone bail me out?
School resumes 3rd of May 2021.. I mean few weeks time?
1Are my experiencing delay as a result of waiver letter I submitted instead of IELTS?
2Can I still send a webform about why i couldn't write IELTS?
3 though i wrote IELTS but had overall band of 5.5 Soni decided not to submit.
what's my faith with test of English Waiver letter I submitted.
4.. the school told me to calm down n made me understand they have a way to make me cover missed classes..

Hi, we (African Scholars Inititiative) would love to have a chat with you on your NSE process and the response (if any) to your waiver letter. Can you send us an email with a WhatsApp number to reach you.
asi.scholars@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bollybeejay: 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
Chasemaduka:
Good morning everyone

Please I really need an advice. Am 28 years, I finished my bsc program in a Nigerian university in 2018 but did not do my clearance due to the facts I didn't pay some school fees and did not have the money to pay for them when I graduated. So I started online trading of crypto because I bought some crypto in 2016 while I was still in school, and the recent boom of crypto saw my investment then in 2016 skyrocket.

So since I finished my bsc program I had focused on online crypto trading. Haven't worked in any organization, obviously because without a meaningful certificate one can't get a good paying job.

Now i have some money, am doing my clearance, infact I should be getting my statement of result and transcript in a month time or there about. Having traded crypto for sometime I now have about 100k cad, and I would love to go for post graduate program or a masters program, it all depends on what my 3.0 GPA can get me.

My problem is this.

1. Am sponsoring myself with a 100k cad, if asked by the VO where I work or where I have worked since I finished school what will be the best answer?

2. Why do I need this certificate or why do I want to study in CA.?

My home ties

A car, a house, and a plot of land ,all worth about 18 to 20m.

Am also married and have child of 2 years old.

You can send me a mail on bollybeejay@gmail.com
I could be able to assist you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovecars501(m): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
taminat:

What do you know about destiny? Don’t be a troll, it’s unkind.
Wow take it easy sis
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovecars501(m): 3:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
afeezzezo:

Delete this rubbish undecided
why na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovecars501(m): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Thanks for the comment to.. may God take you and I to our dream Land.. it's well with u. God bless

Dear op am sorry abt wat i said, i am nt trying 2 discourage u am sorry pls

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovecars501(m): 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
AyomiAfo:

This is such a mean thing to say to somebody.
Am sorry

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2021

quote author=afrischolars1 post=101053681]

Hi, we would love to have a chat with you on your NSE process and the response to your waiver letter. Can you send us an email with a WhatsApp number to reach you.
asi.scholars@gmail.com[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello house, please who has used Gtbank form A to pay tuition fee. Is it true you have to book your airplane ticket before you can fill the the form ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovecars501(m): 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
Rootiab:
that person isn't alright mentally
i already said am sorry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by taminat: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
Yk45:
Hello house, please who has used Gtbank form A to pay tuition fee. Is it true you have to book your airplane ticket before you can fill the the form ?

I paid through gtb and they didn’t require a ticket. You only need a return ticket if you’re applying for pta

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone

I just realized one should also mention previous refusal in other countries in one’s new application,
Although, I mentioned the refusal I had in Canada but didn’t know I should mention the one I had in US in my new application too,

1. is there a way I can address this mistake to IRCC?
2. Do I need to wait for their response first before addressing it to them?
3. How severe can this mistake affect my application?

I re-applied in early March without NSE documents and no upfront medical, no update yet though�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2021
crowntoro:
hi everyone.
please I need recommendations for schools that give me full scholarship for masters in computer science in canada.
I have written IELTS and I scored 6.5.

favorable responses will be highly appreciated
Hi,

This my own opinion

Substantial Canadian Universities do offer Fully-funded Masters/PHD programs and they are mostly Thesis-based (Research Based), not course-based.

There is more to looking for a Fully-funded Masters in Computer Science, If you are looking for a Fully-funded Masters in Computer Science, you need to have areas in Computer Science u wanna work in (RESEARCH INTERESTS), then take your time look (google) for PROFESSORS in those Research Interests, read their Publications etc., look for how their research work aligns with your PRIOR RESEARCH EXPERIENCE and Research Interests, then shoot your COLD MAIL to them

E.g

Professor in Data Analytics , Dalhousie University

Once you see a search results having

- Faculty
- People
- Staff

Open it , you will see Profiles of Profs., you might even see the names of the Professors directly on Google

With this you would have a seamless search of profs. that would likely have research areas aligning to yours in Canadian Universities.

Read here to learn how to WRITE A COLD MAIL TO PROF, find attached a Sample.
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/350#99614016

Note: Attach your ACADEMIC CV, and your unofficial transcript before sending a cold mail to a professor.

To prepare & package your Documents for Masters Program in Canada, this is your plug (Full Guide for Masters/PHD in Canada)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

Importantly, It might be too late to get a Funded Masters Admission in Canada now, cos most MSC program begins in SEPTEMBER, and most funded graduate programs are usually filled up at this moment, but you never can tell until you send that cold mail.

If you are on Twitter,

SEARCH for this man

@olumuyiwaayo

Follow him and read his pinned posts and apply for scholarships. Many av testified after making use of the contents in his pinned posts to revamp their search for Professors (cold mail), writing SOP for admission etc. and eventually got admission, most especially fully-funded graduate school admissions (MS, PHD, GA, TA, RA) in the US, Canada, Europe etc.

Also if the admission takes too much time, you might not have the opportunity to process your study visa on time cos of the quite outrageous processing time for NIGERIAN APPLICANTS (20 weeks).

You can also look out for vacant MSC POSITIONS (adverts) IN COMPUTER SCIENCE research areas that aligns with your research interests. Lot's of them are being posted on twitter and LINKDEIN

Await more response from honorable members of this group who has gotten Fully-funded Masters Degree program in Canadian Universities

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2021
Lovecars501:
the fifth time!! And u keep applying 4 it,u no pity urself can't u see dat u aren't destined to go there

Who’s this thing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Metari1: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
deommanuel:

Reading this made me smile wide!!

I'm glad it ended well in the shortest possible time.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!

P.S. : @teenie19 please get ready to add my name to that your list. I'm getting my PPR next. To save you the stress, I applied Dec 16. cool

Your congratulatory messages are coming soon!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Pinkey2021: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
Dolex86:
Sent you a mail Pinkey

Sorry I can’t access my mails for some reasons. Maybe you can resend it. Or ask it here if it’s not too private.

So sorry about that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by afrischolars1: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:

quote author=afrischolars1 post=101053681]

Hi, we would love to have a chat with you on your NSE process and the response to your waiver letter. Can you send us an email with a WhatsApp number to reach you.
asi.scholars@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.