Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,688 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

True Crime Stories - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / True Crime Stories (1366 Views)

True Crime - The African King Who Was Hanged 1949 / True Crime Stories With Nini / These True 12+ Internet Crime Stories Will Make You Care About Cybersecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Crime Stories by TheSourcerer: 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
No doubt A heroine .

Re: True Crime Stories by theFilmtric: 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
Re: True Crime Stories by TheSourcerer: 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
Tamara Samsonova, a 68-year-old grandmother beheaded, dismembered and then ate parts of her victims in St. Petersburg.

Dubbed the “Granny Ripper” and “Baba Yaga” by the Russian press, Tamara recorded details of killing and cannibalism in a diary, which she wrote in Russian, English and German. According to the diary entries, she removed her victims’ lungs and ate them.

Tamara Samsonova was born on April 25, 1947, in the city of Uzhur, now part of the Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia. After graduating from high school, she arrived in Moscow and entered the Moscow State Linguistic University. After graduating, she moved to St. Petersburg, where she married Alexei Samsonov. In 1971, she and her husband settled in the newly built panel house number 4 on Dimitrov Street.

For some time she worked for the Intourist travel agency, in particular, in the Grand Hotel Europe. The amount of work experience Samsonova gathered at the time of her retirement was 16 years

Mysteriesrunsolved
| MENU
HISTORYTRUE CRIME
The Russian Serial Killer Tamara Samsonova – The Granny Ripper
LARA WILSONAUG 12, 2020

Tamara Samsonova, a 68-year-old grandmother beheaded, dismembered and then ate parts of her victims in St. Petersburg.

The Russian Serial Tamara Samsonova
Dubbed the “Granny Ripper” and “Baba Yaga” by the Russian press, Tamara recorded details of killing and cannibalism in a diary, which she wrote in Russian, English and German. According to the diary entries, she removed her victims’ lungs and ate them.

Contents -
Early Life Of Tamara Samsonova
Tamara Samsonova’ Crimes
Arrest And Confession Of Tamara Samsonova
Tamara’s Trials And Compulsory Treatment

Tamara Samsonova: The Granny Ripper
Tamara Samsonova was born on April 25, 1947, in the city of Uzhur, now part of the Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia. After graduating from high school, she arrived in Moscow and entered the Moscow State Linguistic University. After graduating, she moved to St. Petersburg, where she married Alexei Samsonov. In 1971, she and her husband settled in the newly built panel house number 4 on Dimitrov Street.

For some time she worked for the Intourist travel agency, in particular, in the Grand Hotel Europe. The amount of work experience Samsonova gathered at the time of her retirement was 16 years.

In 2000, Tamara’s husband disappeared. She appealed to the police, but subsequent searches yielded nothing. Fifteen years later, in April 2015, she turned towards the authorities again, this time to the investigative unit of the Frunzensky District in St. Petersburg, giving a statement about her spouse’s disappearance.

Tamara Samsonova’ Crimes
Tamara’s victims include neighbours and some of her former tenants, including her disappeared husband, who has never been found.

After her husband’s disappearance, Tamara began renting out a room in her apartment. According to investigators, on September 6, 2003, during a quarrel, she killed her tenant. He was a 44-year-old resident from Norilsk. She then dismembered his corpse and disposed of it on the street.

| MENU
HISTORYTRUE CRIME
The Russian Serial Killer Tamara Samsonova – The Granny Ripper
LARA WILSONAUG 12, 2020

The Russian Serial Tamara Samsonova

Contents -
Tamara Samsonova’ Crimes
Tamara’s Trials And Compulsory Treatment

Tamara Samsonova: The Granny Ripper

For some time she worked for the Intourist travel agency, in particular, in the Grand Hotel Europe. The amount of work experience Samsonova gathered at the time of her retirement was 16 years.

In 2000, Tamara’s husband disappeared. She appealed to the police, but subsequent searches yielded nothing. Fifteen years later, in April 2015, she turned towards the authorities again, this time to the investigative unit of the Frunzensky District in St. Petersburg, giving a statement about her spouse’s disappearance.

Tamara Samsonova’ Crimes
Tamara’s victims include neighbours and some of her former tenants, including her disappeared husband, who has never been found.

After her husband’s disappearance, Tamara began renting out a room in her apartment. According to investigators, on September 6, 2003, during a quarrel, she killed her tenant. He was a 44-year-old resident from Norilsk. She then dismembered his corpse and disposed of it on the street.

In March 2015, Tamara met 79-year-old Valentina Nikolaevna Ulanova who also lived on Dimitrov Street. A friend of the two asked Ulanova to shelter Samsonova for a time due to the fact that Tamara’s apartment was being renovated, to which Ulanova agreed.

Tamara lived in Ulanova’s apartment for several months, helping with the housework. She began to like living in the apartment, wanting to stay there for longer and refusing to move out. Over time the relationship between the two deteriorated, and Ulanova eventually asked Tamara to leave. After another conflict, she decided to poison Ulanova, and she really did it.

Tamara was arrested on July 27, 2015, after being filmed by CCTV cameras near her home, removing the body parts of her latest victim, Valentina Ulanova, in a black plastic bag, and carrying a cooking pot containing her head.

Tamara appeared at a court hearing accused of killing Valentina Ulanova. Tamara travelled to Pushkin, where she managed to persuade a pharmacist to sell her a prescription drug, phenazepam. Upon returning to the city, she bought an Olivier salad, one of Ulanova’s favourite dishes, then put the pills in the salad and gave it to her. After that, Tamara cut her up with a hacksaw while she was still alive. Her torso was found in a pond in St. Petersburg.

Tamara recorded her murders in graphic detail. One diary entry reads: “I killed my tenant called Volodya, cut him up into little pieces with a knife in the bath, put the bits of the body into plastic bags and scattered them all over the Frunzensky district.”

Tamara blew kisses at the press during her court appearance and told the magistrate: “I did it to be known as a serial killer. It’s all deliberate. I’ve been preparing for this day for 10 years. l am a very old person and I now have nowhere to live, so I decided that I must go to prison.”

“I will die there and the State will probably bury me. It is such a disgrace for me. I am guilty and deserve a punishment”

Tamara was remanded in custody to await trial in connection with 14 murders. She supposedly suffers from schizophrenia and was previously hospitalized three times in psychiatric hospitals.

She was forced to take a forensic psychiatric exam, and on November 26, 2015, the results determined that she was a danger to society and herself, and therefore she was placed in a specialized institution until the end of the investigation.

In December 2015, Tamara was sent for compulsory psychiatric treatment in a specialized hospital in Kazan.

Re: True Crime Stories by TheSourcerer: 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
Another psychopath gracing our list

Re: True Crime Stories by theFilmtric: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2020
cool
Re: True Crime Stories by TheSourcerer: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
Another psychopath, the most evil kid to roam the Earth

For the 10th straight time, child killer Eric M. Smith has been denied parole.

Smith, who killed 4-year-old Derrick Robie in Steuben County in August 1993, went before the parole board for the first time since 2018. The state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision confirmed the board again denied Smith's parole.

Smith, who turned 40 Wednesday, is housed in the medium-security Woodbourne Correctional Facility in the Catskills. He has been incarcerated since 1994

Derrick Robie's parents, Dale and Dori Robie, have been strong advocates for a law that would make those incarcerated for violent felonies wait five years between parole hearings instead of the current two years.

"Families need to be given more time -- why is this option every two years?" Dale Robie told The Leader in 2012. "It's time to put our efforts with this somewhere else. This many years later, it does get a little tiring."

A bill to make that change has been introduced for the last several years, but has not been approved by the state Legislature.

Smith was 13 when he lured Robie into a wooded area near the boy's Savona home. Derrick was walking alone to a summer camp at a nearby park. Smith strangled Derrick, smashed his head with a rock and sexually abused him.

In previous interviews with a parole board, Smith said he has held in a lot of anger after years of bullying.

"He didn't deserve anything that I did to him; no one deserved that kind of violence," Smith said at his 2014 parole hearing. "What I did to him was brutal."

Smith was housed in a juvenile facility until 2001, when he was transferred to state prison. His lawyer at the time of his trial tried to persuade a jury that Smith suffered from a mental disorder, but Smith was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to nine years to life in prison.

He is eligible for parole every two years and was first denied parole in August 2002. His next parole hearing is October 2021.

Re: True Crime Stories by TheSourcerer: 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2020
Christa Pike is one of the youngest women to be sentenced to death in the United States, Clearly a Sociopaths ,being only 20 years old when she received the penalty. Her victim was 19 year old Colleen Slemmer who Pike targeted because she believed that Slemmer was trying to ‘steal’ her boyfriend. Pike lured Slemmer to an abandoned steam plant with the help of her boyfriend and a mutual friend. They collectively signed out of their college dormitory and proceeded to the secluded wooded area, under the guise of wanting to smoke marijuana.

Once they arrived Pike proceeded to taunt, beat, and slash Slemmer with a knife. She proceeded to bash the girl’s head in with a large piece of asphalt and carved a pentagram into her chest. Pike then retrieved a fragment of Slemmer’s skull as a form of trophy, that she would show off to her classmates in school. The groups immaturity and lack of forethought had a huge contribution to their apprehension. The log book documenting the four of them leaving the night of Slemmer’s murder - with only three returning - pointed police right in the direction of the three assailants. The skull fragment was found in Pike’s pocket, and the satanic bible was found in her boyfriend’s room.

Pike’s initial justification for the crime was that it was an attempt to scare Slemmer, and that it just got out of control. With a confession from Pike and physical evidence collected from the scene, she was charged and convicted of murder. She was sentenced to death by electrocution and is currently on death row.

Re: True Crime Stories by TheSourcerer: 5:21pm On Dec 19, 2020
Francisco De Assis Pereira was a brazilian serial killer who confessed to murdering nine women while posing as a fashion photographer. Pereira would approach woman and identify himself as a talent scout looking for models, asking to take pictures of them, before leading them to the park where he would kill them. While this technique gained him access to his victims, it also meant that when the bodies of these women were discovered by police witnesses were able to provide a detailed description of this strange photographer that had been approaching women - ultimately leading to Pereira’s identification as the murderer.

Pereira would sexually assault and rape his victims before strangling them with shoe laces. On one occasion he left behind a sample of his semen, however this was never successfully used as evidence due to mishandling of the evidence. After the crime he would sometimes cut off parts of their vulva as a memento. About his crimes he said:

“I am a person with a good and a bad personality. Sometimes I am not able to dominate this dark side. I pray, I pray, but I cannot resist and then I chase after women. I wished that they would not go with me into the park, that they would run away.”

Re: True Crime Stories by TheSourcerer: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2020
In 1998 a young teenage couple were brutally murdered by their friends, all of whom were involved in the black metal music scene in Italy at the time. The crime would later be described as a drug fuelled satanic rite, where the young couple were stabbed to death. The father of one of the victim’s was convinced that the disappearance of his son had some connection to his involvement in the black metal scene, and he would conduct a personal investigation into his disappearance that would stretch out for another six years. The murderers were Andrea Volpe, Nicola Sapone and Mario Maccione - all members of the black metal band ‘Beast of Satan’.

They would not be apprehended by the authorities however until the committed their third murder six years later. The victim this time was Mariangela Pezzotta, a 27 year old who was the ex-girlfriend of Volpe. She was shot in the throat, hit several times with a shovel and then buried alive. This was not an alleged ritualistic killing, but instead an attempt to silence someone who knew too much about the bands past. Volpe, and his fiancé at the time, attempted to move the body to hide the evidence, but were apprehended when the car they were using to transport the corpse crashed.

The group are also thought to have played a part in the death of their drummer, who completed suicide, however authorities were never able to conclusively link the other members to his death.

It’s worth noting that the first murders committed by members of the band was carried out while they were heavily under the influence of drugs, and the later murder was motivated solely by self-preservation. Despite this the authorities viewed the crimes and the link to death metal, as proof of a network of satanic sects across Italy, and attempted to set up a special satanist task force in the wake of the Beast of Satan trial.

Re: True Crime Stories by doggedfighter(f): 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
Thesourcerer is back grin
Re: True Crime Stories by theFilmtric: 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
Re: True Crime Stories by olufeyikemi90789: 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2020
Thesourcerer is back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Crime Stories by johnfaleks(m): 11:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
Oyinbo and serial killings...born by mistake people
Re: True Crime Stories by UndauntedYOCA(f): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dear Dominique, yet again, I appeal to you to please unban TheSourcerer, he's truly sorry. cry cry

(1) (Reply)

American Court Jails Canada-based Nigerian Morakinyo For Cyber Fraud, To Refund / Shocking: Furious Father Nails 5 Months Old Baby To The Wall (video) / Tears As Teacher Killed By Students In Yola Is Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.