Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,493 members, 7,836,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries (4180 Views)

Breaking News!!! See New Nigerian Countries With Documents In UN!!! / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States / 'if Buhari Wins, Nigerians Will Be Running To Neighboring Countries To Feed - Fa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by nnamdi640: 9:01am On Dec 20, 2020
BabaOwen:
Which of those countries is producing a large amount of petroleum like Nigeria?
Don't mind that fool.
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by persius555(m): 9:03am On Dec 20, 2020
jumper524:
until subsidy is scrapped then we might know just how much we are loosing.

tankers carries about 40 to 90 thousand litres.

i doubt if less than 20 tankers don't go across all our boders daily.
100,000 litres daily is definitely not it I assure you.

We actually consume 57.2million litres per day, for a population of 200million. Benin has a population of 12million and it is vastly dependent on Nigeria. How much fuel is smuggled into Benin republic. If so much fuel is smuggled into the country, why are they still selling at such extremely his price compared to Nigeria.
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by nnamdi640: 9:04am On Dec 20, 2020
Anybody that posted this trash should visit Yabaleft. Hope you know that those countries you mentioned don't have crude oil.
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by mank1234(m): 9:11am On Dec 20, 2020
Should Govt admit failure in its inability to police the border?
Must citizens pay for the failure of government?

If government can watch and control the flow of contraband goods into the country, government can also reduce smuggling of fuel to neighboring countries.
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by jumper524(m): 9:11am On Dec 20, 2020
persius555:

We actually consume 57.2million litres per day, for a population of 200million. Benin has a population of 12million and it is vastly dependent on Nigeria. How much fuel is smuggled into Benin republic. If so much fuel is smuggled into the country, why are they still selling at such extremely his price compared to Nigeria.
smuggling is illegal and it's not part of the country budget.

how they sell their fuel to their citizens matters only to them.

chad population is about 15million,
cameron 22million,
niger 22.4 million.
if 30% of this population ( 21million + benin inclusive) feed on Nigeria fuel,
my brother it's large.

though our population is large already but feeding extra 21million people when u never chop beleful no be child's play.
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by jumper524(m): 9:20am On Dec 20, 2020
nnamdi640:
Anybody that posted this trash should visit Yabaleft. Hope you know that those countries you mentioned don't have crude oil.
american is the highest oil producer and still sells fuel above #200
the us can still sell at this rate even though it's relatively high in neighboring countries largely because of their strong security system.
saudi arabia produce *5 the oil we produce but are still selling for #150 per litre.

in your opinion they should have sold 5* lesser nah.

besides saudi can sell at that rate because all it's neighbouring countries sells for similar cheaper rate.
apart from Jordan, all neighboring saudi countries sells fuel for less than #200.

my point is that, we would benefit more if we sell fuel for the normal rate and instead use the ($2.5billion) annual subsidy fee to improve salaries and other derailing sectors.
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by peropoliet(m): 9:27am On Dec 20, 2020
jumper524:
Nigeria is loosing too much to fuel subsidy.

Benin republic: 505cfa per litre (#357)

source: https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Benin/gasoline_prices/

cameron: 630xaf per litre (#447)

source:
https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Cameroon/gasoline_prices/

chad: 518xaf per litre (#367)

source: https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/Chad/gasoline_prices/

tell me why subsidy should not be scrapped and the money used for better things??

t
neighbouring countries are making good fortunes from our head..
oga op you be liar I live in benin republic fuel is 250 Naira or 275 cfa
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by jumper524(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2020
peropoliet:
sorry oo bros.
I no stay for benin republic but I got my info from reputable source.
I placed the link there to see and from records, they are correct about the others I know.
probably you buy much cheaper because you stay in the bodering part of benin thats close to Nigeria.
hence access to cheap fuel.

or is benin really feeding that fat on us that it's the whole benin republic that sells at that rate?
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by jumper524(m): 9:36am On Dec 20, 2020
peropoliet:
bros you dey lie abeg.
if benin actually sells for that price, it should be amongst countries with the cheapest fuel in the world.

ghana that sells for about #300 still ranks above them.

we live in modern times bro.
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by nnamdi640: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2020
jumper524:
american is the highest oil producer and still sells fuel above #200
the us can still sell at this rate even though it's relatively high in neighboring countries largely because of their strong security system.
saudi arabia produce *5 the oil we produce but are still selling for #150 per litre.

in your opinion they should have sold 5* lesser nah.

besides saudi can sell at that rate because all it's neighbouring countries sells for similar cheaper rate.
apart from Jordan, all neighboring saudi countries sells fuel for less than #200.

my point is that, we would benefit more if we sell fuel for the normal rate and instead use the ($2.5billion) annual subsidy fee to improve salaries and other derailing sectors.
Please compare the income of an average man in US with that of an average man in Nigeria before you start splitting rubbish.
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by bularuz(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2020
Why is Nigeria still importing petrol and petroleum products
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by Dayoebe(m): 12:41am On Dec 21, 2020
dear OP, Thank God your opinion doesn't matter.
Just collect your 30k and let us rest
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by oguns222: 12:49am On Dec 21, 2020
jumper524:
Nigeria budgets over 30billion dollar of which $2.3billion about 8% of this funds is spent on subsidy.

does it makes sense to us loosing such amount of money? when such funds can be used to improve the standard of living rather.

Buhari said there was no subsidy. Are you saying buhari is lying?
Re: See The Price Of Fuel In All Neighboring Nigerian Countries by Mario1989(m): 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
jumper524:
$2.5billion is being budgeted annually for fuel subsidy annually.

dangote refinery estimated worth is about $10billion.

if the f.g is serious and committed, we can generate *2 of that fund and build two big refineries in less than 5years.

the need to own a refinery in Nigeria can't be over emphasized.

biggest refinery in the world (Jamnagar Refinery) refined 1.2 million barrel per day.
while dangote own is set to refine 650,000 barrel per day
Honestly.
No need to even build new refineries, just fix the 3 refineries we already have. it will be cheaper than building new ones. the last time they fix Kaduna refinery, some wicked people went and mix fuel, kerosene n other petroleum products together just to stop the place from working...
God will never forgive those that are pushing this country backwards..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

So This Are The People That Chased America Out Of Vietnam? (Pix) / Did Gov. El-rufai Unknowingly Announce BUHARI'S 2023 Anointed Candidate? / I Have Reached My Limit, People Poorly Behaved In This Place- Seun On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.