Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants (17030 Views)

Osimhen Equals Weah, Eto’o, Salah’s Serie A Goals Record / Ighalo Equals Lukaku's Manchester United Goals Record / Messi Equals Ronaldo Record Of Most Hat-Tricks Scored In La Liga History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by ThierryJay: 10:50am On Dec 20, 2020
Cerebellum:

Lol...lol

Chai!

But Messi can read all you've written here babagrin

You're just wasting ur timegrin

Abeg, make I waste it for the GOAT. It's worth it.
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Awarah: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2020
i've heard some complain Messi is a one club player. please what about Pele?
only forever legwnds can do this
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Awarah: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2020
i've heard some complain Messi is a one club player. please what about Pele?
only forever legends can do this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Cousin9999: 10:56am On Dec 20, 2020
greensandy:

Then that makes all Pele's goal amateurish.

[img]https://media./images/5f8c25e7556c5d3dabd8faa3b3ee4174/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Nomorelove: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:

I know.
Lol. Happy Sunday and sorry for the insult

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Praktikals(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2020
amamahdaniel:

someone told me my father is a fool but I was arguing not knowing he is more than a fool.

How can you say such about your father?
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by amamahdaniel(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Are u still being foolish... barca had the best team back then in football...let him carry this present barca team and play those English teams again and let him receive the disgrace if his life... scoring English teams while playing for a barca that is not an English team...u think he will score loads of goals against them playing for Chelsea spurs utd or arsenal...even city

You are very daft bro, did you know that?
as poor as Barcelona is this season only few teams in England can defeat them. let not derail from the argument.

ask your brain this question, if Aguero can destroy English league with goals, what will Messi do?
seem you reason from your anus.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Beverlyjean(f): 11:09am On Dec 20, 2020
amamahdaniel:

You are very daft bro, did you know that?
as poor as Barcelona is this season only few teams in England can defeat them. let not derail from the argument.

ask your brain this question, if Aguero can destroy English league with goals, what will Messi do?
seem you reason from your anus.

How many top goal scorer award has aguero won in the English league?? This dead barca team can't even beat Aston villa this season... a team that just gained promotion defeated u guys ...juve destroyed u in ur back yard ...u guys cudnt even c one goal... how many wins do u guys hv this season...u will even drag it with arsenal
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by amamahdaniel(m): 11:12am On Dec 20, 2020
Praktikals:

the biggest fool is my father?

Really? don't say that again bro. have respect for your parents and don't be a stupid boy or man by insulting your parents.
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by owowa145(m): 11:19am On Dec 20, 2020
xcesspaschal:

Having played more than 158 matches more than messi. Receive sense man.
In which is first four years from Lisbon down to manU, he was channeled to be a winger instructed by Ferguson to create troubles and chances only. Until boy came back from 2006 world cup & Rooney said & i quote "After dat world cup, d squad and Ferguson where surprised, as he focused majorly on goal scoring".. Since den, Ronaldo became a goal scoring machine that was converted to a forward. So compare their stats when he became a forward and not a winger.. Thanks.
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by amamahdaniel(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

How many top goal scorer award has aguero won in the English league?? This dead barca team can't even beat Aston villa this season... a team that just gained promotion defeated u guys ...juve destroyed u in ur back yard ...u guys cudnt even c one goal... how many wins do u guys hv this season...u will even drag it with arsenal

Bro, so those that have top goalscorer in England are better player than LIONEL MESSI. people like Vardy and Co.

same juventus was destroy at there backyard some months ago with this same Barcelona.

I know MESSI has cost English teams more pains that's why the hate is much.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Ifybwoy7: 11:39am On Dec 20, 2020
internationalman:
Happy for Messi...

But Barca is just another Arsenal of Spain...

I still don't understand why Koeman sold Suarez citing that Suarez left because he wasn't willing to prove himself.. Like WTF does he have to prove when his records speak for him...

You want Messi to remain at the Club yet you keep letting go easily all his best friends on and off the field..

All these new armature coaches that are forming professional last last body go tell them.

Lampard, Koeman, Arteta, your days are all numbered..

Modified: I didn't include OGS because he hardly has issues with any of his first team players, even as difficult as Pogba is to manage he still tries to manage him.. He gives every player chance to play without freezing out anyone citing a personal or footballing reasons like Lampard did with Giroud, Arteta with Ozil and Koeman with Suarez..
pls don't add lampard to that list
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by osazsky(m): 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
And the other goat couldn't break any of peles records .Ronaldo should hide himself in Shame. Nxt year he is heading to Celtic or PSG to help them conquer Scotland and France just as he help juve conquer Italy after they have won serie a 11 times consecutive before his arrival

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by specie103(m): 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:
There's nothing special about this record, Ronaldo could have shattered this record years ago if he was still at Real.

Mrs Pessi still missed a penalty yesterday lmaoo..

CR7 still remains the G.O.A.T with 774 Goals.

Why Real Madrid? Why not in Manchester United or Juventus.... Nevertheless, the stats still proves that Messi is far better than Ronaldo throughout the 9 years period of him at Real Madrid.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Jeferious: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
ThierryJay:

Hmm, where do I start from. First I ain't a kid. I probably started watching ball earlier than you since you said you thought Maradona was an average player. At least I had known he was head and shoulders above his peers since 1994.

While you have put up a number of reasonable points in your post, permit me to correct some over exaggerations. First, it is a misconception that the quality of defending is based on the frequency of rash tackles made. In many African countries today, those sort of tackles you described are still common with poor pitches. Yet when these rugged African teams take on a a Manchester City, they'd still get walloped 7-0 with a Raheem Sterling probably scoring a brilliant solo goal amidst the rough tackles.

Elite defending takes more than rough tackling. Until the 1990s when player fitness levels improved due to technological advancements, the level of defending was not as good, as defenders where slower then and typically left more spaces in between. They try to make up for this defect with last gasp rough tackles. I watched many of Maradona's games (recorded tapes) for Napoli. Teams were not parking the bus against him, so most times defenders approach him individually and get rough on him. Messi has faced a whole bus parked defence in over 70 percent of the games he played. Watch Maradonas goal of the century and Messi's similar goal against Getafe. You'd notice that the English defenders were slower and Maradona eliminated them one after the other, but in Messi's goal there were two markers on him at the same time on at least two occasions, so he had to dribble faster than Maradona, to break through.

And while it is true that red and yellow cards were introduced in Mexico 70, players had always been cautioned and sent off long before but by word of mouth from the referee. Placindo Galindo of Peru was the first player to be sent off in a world cup match in 1930. So the card thingy does not imply anything of note in this debate.

Talent will always be talent and will stand out regardless of the era. Personally I believe Messi especially the (2008 - 2013) version will make a mince meat of the sub-par defending of the 60s to the 80s, regardless of the rough tackles. FYI, I hold Pele and Maradona in high esteem and have never underrated them. And I have stated many times here that I consider Messi, Pele and Maradona as equals and nickname them the three GOATs on the basis of their supreme talents.
Bros, your analysis too much abeg. See as points full am. Abeg just manage my "like". I wish I could do more.

"Elite defending takes more than rough tackling. Until the 1990s when player fitness levels improved due to technological advancements, the level of defending was not as good, as defenders where slower then and typically left more spaces in between. They try to make up for this defect with last gasp rough tackles. I watched many of Maradona's games (recorded tapes) for Napoli. Teams were not parking the bus against him, so most times defenders approach him individually and get rough on him. Messi has faced a whole bus parked defence in over 70 percent of the games he played. Watch Maradonas goal of the century and Messi's similar goal against Getafe. You'd notice that the English defenders were slower and Maradona eliminated them one after the other, but in Messi's goal there were two markers on him at the same time on at least two occasions, so he had to dribble faster than Maradona, to break through."

I will never forget these lines. NEVER. So true to a fault

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Karleb(m): 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
Abeg let us celebrate Messi.
The guy try.
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Sunsets: 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
This one na record? Person tanda for one club don become record, abi. Tell me who has scored the most club goals and not this one club goal. Congratulations Messi for your 643rd goal. Not a mean feat.
obembet:
Lionel Messi added one more superhuman achievement to his long-running list of football heroics on Saturday by equalling Pele's record for the most number of goals scored for one club.

The Argentine magician, widely considered one of the greatest players of all time, notched his 643rd goal for Barcelona in their 2-2 draw against Valencia on Saturday.

The feat takes him level with the legendary Brazilian, who scored as many goals in his playing career for Santos.

It is another staggering accolade to add to the many Messi has achieved since joining Barcelona from Newell's Old Boys in his early teens.

Over his glittering career at the Nou Camp, the Argentine has amassed a whopping 24 trophies, including 10 LaLiga titles and four Champions League crowns. He has also won the Ballon d'Or six times.

To date Messi's numbers are almost unbelievable, notching up those 643 goals in just 747 games, with 282 assists as well.
That said, the man he shares the record with was no slouch. Pele's 643 goals came in a barely believable 656 official matches, which is almost a goal every game.

The Brazilian spent an incredible 18 years playing for Santos, before heading to America to join the New York Cosmos in the latter stages of his career.

The only thing Messi may regret is that he did not beat Pele's record in the match, having scored with a diving header moments after missing a penalty.

Source:https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1340389961628078084?s=20
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by mithras(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
ThierryJay:

Hmm, where do I start from. First I ain't a kid. I probably started watching ball earlier than you since you said you thought Maradona was an average player. At least I had known he was head and shoulders above his peers since 1994.

While you have put up a number of reasonable points in your post, permit me to correct some over exaggerations. First, it is a misconception that the quality of defending is based on the frequency of rash tackles made. In many African countries today, those sort of tackles you described are still common with poor pitches. Yet when these rugged African teams take on a a Manchester City, they'd still get walloped 7-0 with a Raheem Sterling probably scoring a brilliant solo goal amidst the rough tackles.

Elite defending takes more than rough tackling. Until the 1990s when player fitness levels improved due to technological advancements, the level of defending was not as good, as defenders where slower then and typically left more spaces in between. They try to make up for this defect with last gasp rough tackles. I watched many of Maradona's games (recorded tapes) for Napoli. Teams were not parking the bus against him, so most times defenders approach him individually and get rough on him. Messi has faced a whole bus parked defence in over 70 percent of the games he played. Watch Maradonas goal of the century and Messi's similar goal against Getafe. You'd notice that the English defenders were slower and Maradona eliminated them one after the other, but in Messi's goal there were two markers on him at the same time on at least two occasions, so he had to dribble faster than Maradona, to break through.

And while it is true that red and yellow cards were introduced in Mexico 70, players had always been cautioned and sent off long before but by word of mouth from the referee. Placindo Galindo of Peru was the first player to be sent off in a world cup match in 1930. So the card thingy does not imply anything of note in this debate.

Talent will always be talent and will stand out regardless of the era. Personally I believe Messi especially the (2008 - 2013) version will make a mince meat of the sub-par defending of the 60s to the 80s, regardless of the rough tackles. FYI, I hold Pele and Maradona in high esteem and have never underrated them. And I have stated many times here that I consider Messi, Pele and Maradona as equals and nickname them the three GOATs on the basis of their supreme talents.

Oil dey your head bro, thumbs up

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Dalil8: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
specie103:

Why Real Madrid? Why not in Manchester United or Juventus.... Nevertheless, the stats still proves that Messi is far better than Ronaldo throughout the 9 years period of him at Real Madrid.

Yeah cuz he spent far more years at Barca than Ronaldo did at Madrid so sit yo ass down.
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by NigeriaB(m): 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ofunaofu:
Oya! let's go

like for Messi, share for C. Ronaldo

How far na?
Even in Messi's thread, Ronaldo is still winning o.. hahaha...
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by xcesspaschal(m): 1:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Just like messi has also played 110 more games than pele

Thanks for comparing him with an ordained legend and not miss penaldo.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Gamesmart: 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:
There's nothing special about this record, Ronaldo could have shattered this record years ago if he was still at Real.

Mrs Pessi still missed a penalty yesterday lmaoo..

CR7 still remains the G.O.A.T with 774 Goals.

774 Penalty goals? undecided
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Gamesmart: 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
samx4real:
Make Messi go sleep jor.

When we are talking d king of football.

You talk Ronaldo.

Second highest goal scorer with 774 goals.

Don't forget d highest is 802goals.

Don't be comparing Penaldo to the highest.

The highest was scoring real goals, Penaldo was scoring penalties in delirium.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by OJEEMAH(m): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
samx4real:

Let him go to another club and leaque before I will respect him.

To prove what exactly? As a matter of fact, he owes you absolutely nothing sir.
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by OJEEMAH(m): 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
ogbonti:

you never saw Diego Maradona play grin grin grin grin grin

I guess you never watched Ronaldinho at Barca grin grin grin grin

Surely you havent watched Pele's documentaries grin grin grin grin

Messi is great, no doubt BUT He is not not the GOAT!!!! wink
Did you see 'modern day' in my comment? Yes, I didn't watch Maradona & Pele live but the documentaries does not lie. I watched Ronaldinho from Korea/Japan till his days in Milan and I still consider Messi the GOAT.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by ThierryJay: 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Jeferious:
Bros, your analysis too much abeg. See as points full am. Abeg just manage my "like". I wish I could do more.

"Elite defending takes more than rough tackling. Until the 1990s when player fitness levels improved due to technological advancements, the level of defending was not as good, as defenders where slower then and typically left more spaces in between. They try to make up for this defect with last gasp rough tackles. I watched many of Maradona's games (recorded tapes) for Napoli. Teams were not parking the bus against him, so most times defenders approach him individually and get rough on him. Messi has faced a whole bus parked defence in over 70 percent of the games he played. Watch Maradonas goal of the century and Messi's similar goal against Getafe. You'd notice that the English defenders were slower and Maradona eliminated them one after the other, but in Messi's goal there were two markers on him at the same time on at least two occasions, so he had to dribble faster than Maradona, to break through."

I will never forget these lines. NEVER. So true to a fault

Lol, thanks bro. I think any GOAT tag accorded to Messi, Pele or Maradona is a matter of personal choice and not so much of statistics. They've all earned that right.
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by Juanmike(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo is the top scorer in the serie a now with 12 goals in 10 games
9 games.
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by specie103(m): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:

Yeah cuz he spent far more years at Barca than Ronaldo did at Madrid so sit yo ass down.

Shut ya mouth and read my response again... Comparing the number of years he spent at real Madrid....

Messi still have better Stat than him.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by abumeinben(m): 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
amamahdaniel:

Go tell your mother to Bleep different men � to see if she is fertile.

You're alright?
Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by emmyrate1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo is the top scorer in the serie a now with 12 goals in 10 games
and so?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants by emmyrate1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:

[b]STFU! Ronaldo broke a 59 years old record last night.[/b]udonminit �����

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Juventus, AC Milan Issue Statements On The European Super League Project / Mesut Ozil Is Better Than The Combination Of Xavi And Iniesta / Barcelona Sacks Victor Vlades As Youth Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.