Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer (3073 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football's All-time Leading Goalscorer In Competitive Games / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History / Kylian Mbappe Becomes Fourth Highest Goalscorer In PSG History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Le124(m): 10:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
Christian Ronaldo become the second highest goalscorer in the history of football. His two goals against Parma this evening takes him ahead of Romario who his in second position with 772 goals. Ronaldo now has 774 goals to his name ,just 31 goals behind the record holder Josef Bican who scores 805 goals. And 33 goals ahead of lionel messi who his in the six position with 741 goals

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
thats nice....he is a good goal machine and I see him breaking that bican record if he stays active in the next 2-3 years...
I keep saying cr7 may be a good goal poacher but that doesn't mean he is the GOAT because of an alien called Lionel messi because being the GOAT isnt about just goals..
messi gives you the goals, dribbles, assist and a perfect playmaker..
if its about goals, bican and puskas would be leading the GOAT arguments because of those goals scored in fewer games, thats perfection..

6 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by chatinent: 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
Now he's top-notch, everyone is forgetting that in local soccer, what he does is selfish play.

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Beverlyjean(f): 11:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
paulolee:
thats nice....he is a good goal machine and I see him breaking that bican record if he stays active in the next 2-3 years...
I keep saying cr7 may be a good goal poacher but that doesn't mean he is the GOAT because of an alien called Lionel messi because being the GOAT isnt about just goals..
if its about goals, bican and puskas would be heading the GOAT arguments because of those mad goal to game ratio, its insane

Alien that can't win champions league , world cup or copa America... he must b an alien from the seas ... claiming greatest with only la liga titles ...same thing Lewandowski has been doing with bayern over the years

15 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Moniq007(f): 11:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
OK. Nice
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Karleb(m): 4:37am On Dec 20, 2020
chatinent:
Now he's top-notch, everyone is forgetting that in local soccer, what he does is selfish play.

Quit hating.

Other players get the assist credit for his goals.

His goals has won a medal for other players.
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by 400billionman: 6:51am On Dec 20, 2020
He needs only 34 goals to beat Josef Bican's record.

With Series A and UCL by May/June 2021, he will achieve that milestone.

That's how GOATs do.

Meanwhile, Ronaldo has played more football matches 1069 more than any other player on the list.

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by DesChyko: 6:52am On Dec 20, 2020
chatinent:

Isn't it?

He is too selfish for my liking to be very honest.

Just imagine the screenshot below angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 7:04am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Alien that can't win champions league , world cup or copa America... he must b an alien from the seas ... claiming greatest with only la liga titles ...same thing Lewandowski has been doing with bayern over the years
cnt win ucl?? messi have 4 ucl medals na, the only flaws is not winning an international trophy with his country BT he had won numbers of trophies in club football EVEN MORE THAN CR7 THAT PLAYED 124 MORE MATCHES THAN HIM..
in case u forget cr7 spent his peak years in spain and still couldn't win the simple la liga titles with madrid because he won jus 2 la liga in almost 10 seasons.
messi isnt just winning titles like any other player but he is winning them class and thats why i said he is an alien
lastly, a quick reminder, messi is still the ONLY PLAYER DEAD OR ALIVE WITH MORE BALLON D OR, so please put some respect on your sentiments and wait for your goat thats playing catch up to equal him first before you start comparing them if you think He's better..

3 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 7:05am On Dec 20, 2020
DesChyko:

Isn't it?

He is too selfish for my liking to be very honest.

Just imagine the screenshot below angry
we know all these, this is just the UCL not his total assist which seems low, cr7 played more like a striker and is more about scoring goals than assists.
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by smoke9910(m): 7:21am On Dec 20, 2020
Cr7 the one true goat. When you're supremely talented and look good then you will get the kind of hate and envy Messi fans feel when they see him breaking records. The stats don't lie.

3 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by DesChyko: 7:25am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

we know all these, this is just the UCL not his total assist which seems low, cr7 played more like a striker and is more about scoring goals than assists.

I put it to you that Ronaldo has more assists than almost any 'unselfish' player you mention here and now. grin

5 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 7:31am On Dec 20, 2020
DesChyko:

I put it to you that Ronaldo has more assists than almost any 'unselfish' player you mention here and now. grin
the last time I checked which was last month, lionel messi had 70 more assist than cr7, everyone knows messi have an edge over him in assists na...I dnt understand your argument again o..
if you are talking about UCL assist, jus know its unfair because almost all those players are old timers and they didn't play in the UCL...e.g pele
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by babakb: 7:48am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

the last time I checked which was last month, lionel messi had 70 more assist than cr7, everyone knows messi have an edge over him in assists na...I dnt understand your argument again o..
if you are talking about UCL assist, jus know its unfair because almost all those players are old timers and they didn't play in the UCL...e.g pele

That's the problem, you guys claim that Cr7 is selfish yet only Messi is ahead of him in terms of Assists in the history of the game.

Just say you prefer Messi to Cr7 period.

Besides Cr7 never had prolific teammates that will convert most of his Assists, over the years Messi has had teammates like Neymar, Suarez, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Coutinho etc these guys are so clinical in front of goal that they convert assists from Messi.

6 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by DesChyko: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

1. Lionel Messi (who is behind Ronaldo in UCL assists though). Which other unselfish player has more career assists than Ronaldo?

Let's discuss this selfish player thing objectively.
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by DesChyko: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2020
babakb:

That's the problem, you guys claim that Cr7 is selfish yet only Messi is ahead of him in terms of Assists in the history of the game.

Besides Cr7 never had prolific teammates that will convert most of his Assists, over the years Messi has had teammates like Neymar, Suarez, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Coutinho etc these guys are so clinical in front of goal that convert assists from Messi.

Sensible submission. Yet all these long list of unselfish players absolutely line up behind Ronaldo in assists tally.

5 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by babakb: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2020
DesChyko:

1. Lionel Messi (who is behind Ronaldo in UCL though). Which other unselfish player has more career assists than Ronaldo?

No mind them, they just don't have anything against Cr7.

Anytime Messi fans want to console themselves, they will tell you that Cr7 is a selfish player and he doesn't give assists cheesy cheesy cheesy

Meanwhile the stats are there for all to see.

8 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2020
DesChyko:

1. Lionel Messi (who is behind Ronaldo in UCL assists though). Which other unselfish player has more career assists than Ronaldo?

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 8:02am On Dec 20, 2020
DesChyko:

my point is dt you are getting it all wrong cr7 got more assist than some players because he have played more matches than almost all of them, for example cr7 have just 6 assit more than messi despite playing 27 matches more..
jus try and bury sentiments n answer me, do you think messi wont shatter that 6 assit record with just 3 games if cr7 stops football earlier than messi??
my point is dt cr7 plays more like a striker and a good goal scorer and have every right to be selfish and I CNT use that against a striker because all strikers are built to be selfish but messi plays more like a winger, a playmaker and still end up with goals and assist...
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by DesChyko: 8:05am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

my point is dt you are getting it all wrong cr7 got more assist than some players because he have played more matches than almost all of them, for example cr7 have just 6 assit more than messi despite playing 27 matches more..
jus try and bury sentiments n answer me, do you think messi wont shatter that 6 assit record with just 3 games if cr7 stops football earlier than messi??

Your point is because you probably didn't understand the post you quoted.
All the while you keep mentioning one player in this assist discussion, 'Messi'.
If you have read that post well, you will find that Messi was already accounted for.
Is Messi the only unselfish player on football?

In rebuttal to the last point you raised, Ronaldo didn't just become the leader overnight. He has held that record for a couple of years now (3 years after ousting former teammate Ryan Giggs). Some of those times, Messi had had more games. Yet undecided

So it really isn't about what happens after retirement.

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Denique(f): 8:23am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:
if its about goals, bican and puskas would be leading the GOAT arguments because of those mad goal to game ratio, unlike cr7 that have played almost 1000+ games more than all players on the list..
What is the colour of your jealousy?
No go kpai on top Ororo-Omo ologo mata o...

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 8:28am On Dec 20, 2020
DesChyko:

Your point is because you probably didn't understand the post you quoted.
All the while you keep mentioning one player in this assist discussion, 'Messi'.
If you have read that post well, you will find that Messi was already accounted for.
Is Messi the only unselfish player on football?

In rebuttal to the last point you raised, Ronaldo didn't just become the leader overnight. He has held that record for a couple of years now (3 years after ousting former teammate Ryan Giggs). Some of those times, Messi had had more games. Yet undecided

So it really isn't about what happens after retirement.
jus saw ur previous post n I was just speaking about you saying is he still behind but since u said he is accounted for, they is no problem arguing about the others because we all know world football is about only those two players...
2..messi had more games and was giving assist and closing the gaps, but I see him climbing cr7 after this season or during next..
3..the bitter truth is that this GOAT argument would continue till when they both hang their boots, the player that would still be playing active football in any European top leagues would have an edge over the other that moved to lower league due to game time or cash..
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Denique(f): 8:32am On Dec 20, 2020
DesChyko:

Sensible submission. Yet all these long list of unselfish players absolutely line up behind Ronaldo in assists tally.

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Beverlyjean(f): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

messi only flaws is not winning an international trophy with his country BT he had won numbers of trophies in club football EVEN MORE THAN CR7 THAT PLAYED 124 MORE MATCHES THAN HIM..
in case u forget cr7 spent his peak years in spain and still couldn't win the simple la liga titles with madrid because he won jus 2 la liga in almost 10 seasons..
lastly messi is still the ONLY PLAYER WITH MORE BALLON D OR, so let your goat thats playing catch up equal him first before you start comparing them if you think he is better..

CL is the most prestigious club trophy and not the league ...CL is the holy grail of club football... in Ronaldo's 9 yrs in Spain, he doubled the number of CL won by messi and the same period and won 6 CL golden boots in 9 yrs.... if the league is the Mercedes-Benz G class, the CL is the Mercedes-Benz maybach...its an exclusive title cos 2 clubs can't win the CL ,just like the World Cup... let messi win an international trophy first b4 u start to compare him with Ronaldo and other greats ... Zara was the highest goal scorer in the history of Spanish league b4 messi and Ronaldo broke his record set bk in the 50s ... but no one remembers him ... we only heard that name when they were about to break that record... but mention pele, Maradona, zidane, Platini, Rossi , van Basten, berkanbua and it clicks even as we dint watch them play ... messi will end up like di stefano, cruyff , zara, shearer...keep on decieving urself... pele isn't remembered for the goals and trophies he won at Santos, Maradona is not 1st remembered for what he did for napoli, zidane is not remembered for the fantastic winning goal in the CL final, Platini is not remembered for giving juve their first CL title, they are all remembered 1st for what they did for their country...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Beverlyjean(f): 9:02am On Dec 20, 2020
babakb:

Besides Cr7 never had prolific teammates that will convert most of his Assists, over the years Messi has had teammates like Neymar, Suarez, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Coutinho etc these guys are so clinical in front of goal that they convert assists from Messi.

Now u remember it is unfair... the only reson y pele and Maradonas assists were not recorded is because assist is crap...its u messi fans that are carrying assist as an achievement, carrying it like gala sellers in traffic... goals supercedes assists cos no matter how good an assist is, it still needs a goal for it to b counted... but sometimes u don't need an assist for a goal to b recorded... fifa or uefa dont give awards for assists...nothing like golden assist or best assist... now u delusional fans are now moving to shots on target as an achievement...omg grin
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

CL is the most prestigious club trophy and not the league ...CL is the holy grail of club football... in Ronaldo's 9 yrs in Spain, he doubled the number of CL won by messi and the same period and won 6 CL golden boots in 9 yrs.... if the league is the Mercedes-Benz G class, the CL is the Mercedes-Benz maybach...its an exclusive title cos 2 clubs can't win the CL ,just like the World Cup... let messi win an international trophy first b4 u start to compare him with Ronaldo and other greats ... Zara was the highest goal scorer in the history of Spanish league b4 messi and Ronaldo broke his record set bk in the 50s ... but no one remembers him ... we only heard that name when they were about to break that record... but mention pele, Maradona, zidane, Platini, Rossi , van Basten, berkanbua and it clicks even as we dint watch them play ... messi will end up like di stefano, cruyff , zara, shearer...keep on decieving urself... pele isn't remembered for the goals and trophies he won at Santos, Maradona is not 1st remembered for what he did for napoli, zidane is not remembered for the fantastic winning goal in the CL final, Platini is not remembered for giving juve their first CL title, they are all remembered 1st for what they did for their country...
all I saw are writings filled with sentiments...
1..cr7 had won only I UCL ahead of messi n dnt see where that double is coming from, if its about his time in madrid, no problem..
2..cr7 won many ucl golden boot dt dnt count n isn't important and the main European golden boot for all leagues dt messi have won more than him (5-4)
3..said all those greats aint remembered for goals but because of world cup they won but your cr7 haven't seen what a world cup finally seems like but messi have been there, wasnt lucky bit ended up with a world cup golden ball as the best player
4...still insist that messi only flaws is that he isnt lucky enough to win any international trophy because he isnt perfect but your cr7 dnt come close in messi's individual achievements e.g ballon d or..
finally my joy is that when they are done and the next generations are searching for answers on who is BETTER or the real GOAT, MESSI would have an edge because he have WON MORE TROPHIES ( even if ur cr7 started 2 seasons before messi) AND ALSO WON THE THE PRESTIGIOUS BALLON D OR AWARD MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER DEAD OR ALIVE....U DIG?? tell ur goat to keep playing catch up for now...we can continue the argument when he meets up

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Beverlyjean(f): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

all I saw are writings filled with sentiments...
1..cr7 had won only I UCL ahead of messi n dnt see where that double is coming from..
2..cr7 won many ucl golden boot dt dnt count n isn't important and the main European golden boot for all leagues dt messi have won more than him..
3..said all those greats aint remembered for goals but because of world cup they won but your cr7 haven't seen what a world cup finally seems like but messi have been there, wasnt lucky bit ended up with a world cup golden ball as the best player
4...still insist that messi only flaws is that he isnt lucky enough to win any international trophy because he isnt perfect but your cr7 dnt come close in messi's individual achievements e.g ballon d or..
finally my joy is that when they are done and the next generations are searching for answers on who is BETTER or the real GOAT, MESSI would have an edge because he have WON MORE TROPHIES AND THE THE PRESTIGIOUS BALLON D OR AWARD MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER DEAD OR ALIVE....U DIG??

Balon dor is crap cos xavi or iniesta never won balon dor doesn't mean modric is better ... van dyke won best European player ,something ramos never won, does that mean van dyke is better?? Forlan won golden ball in 2010 , but was he better than sneijner in that world cup?? Awards are crap... cos fifa will give it to who they wanna give it to... we know Messi dint even deserve to b nominated in the 2010 balon dor... forlan, villa, iniesta, xavi, casillas, sneijder all performed better but blatter and his wayo... I said in Ronaldo's 9yrs in Spain he doubled the number of CL titles Messi won when Ronaldo was in Spain...that they decide to give golden boot to top leagues scorers don't discredit the CL as well cos it also has it records and awards...Platini never won a world Cup so as van Basten, but they won the European cups... appearing in a final is not an achievement cos sneijner, modric have also appeared in world cup final but no one gives a crap cos no one remembers who came second ...we only remember winners and not loosers grin
Talking about trophies...that he has won more laliga trophies ?? Lol ...u are a clown... ronaldo,multiple premiership, fa cup , la liga, kings cup , Champions league, fifa club world cup, serie a , nations league, European Cup... ur messi has only la liga, kings cup and champions league...fake goat grin

2 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Balon dor is crap cos xavi or iniesta never won balon dor doesn't mean modric is better ... van dyke won best European player ,something ramos never won, does that mean van dyke is better?? Forlan won golden ball in 2010 , but was he better than sneijner in that world cup?? Awards are crap... cos fifa will give it to who they wanna give it to... we know Messi dint even deserve to b nominated in the 2010 balon dor... forlan, villa, iniesta, xavi, casillas, sneijder all performed better but blatter and his wayo... I said in Ronaldo's 9yrs in Spain he doubled the number of CL titles Messi won when Ronaldo was in Spain...that they decide to give golden boot to top leagues scorers don't discredit the CL as well cos it also has it records and awards...Platini never won a world Cup so as van Basten, but they won the European cups... appearing in a final is not an achievement cos sneijner, modric have also appeared in world cup final but no one gives a crap cos no one remembers who came second ...we only remember winners and not loosers grin
Talking about trophies...that he has won more laliga trophies ?? Lol ...u are a clown... ronaldo,multiple premiership, fa cup , la liga, kings cup , Champions league, fifa club world cup, serie a , nations league, European Cup... ur messi has only la liga, kings cup and champions league...fake goat grin
I cant stop laughing because the sentiments and double standards keeps increasing in all ur mentions...
1..ballon d or isnt important and awards are crappy because ur goat is playing catch up abi?? forgetting the fact that you were among those celebrating when he won that same ballon d or consecutively ahead of Lionel messi, messi did a comeback and now its scrap, cr7 loyal fans eeh..
2..messi dnt deserve to be nominated in 2010 ahead of those names forgetting that cr7 won it during dt bayern golden years that they won all trophies that Ribery and nuer were strong favorites for that award but it was given to cr7 because he took portual to world cup even if he ended the year without any UCL or few trophies and now u speaking against same favour that messi enjoyed, dts double standards..
3..agreed with cr7 doubling messi ucl record bt messi trippled all the trophies cr7 won in spain during his stay and I still insist dt winning the main European golden boot awarded to top scorer in ALL LEAGUES IS BETTER and stronger THAN UCL golden boot that you are ranting about, Google would help you on that..
4..dont even talk about trophies won because you made no point there....I dnt expect messi playing in spain to win epl and seri a na..
finally it would all end up with the total trophies won even if its fa cup or UCL because all are called trophies, incase u dnt kno "AH AHLY OF EGYPT STILL HOLD THE RECORD OF MOST TROPHIES WON IN THE WORLD WITHOUT A UCL IN IT...U DIG?

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by chiboy1116: 10:23am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

stfu lewandowski hasn't even won the golden boot lmao . He just got his first UCL . Go cry somewhere else . Messi is the greatest player ever , Ronaldo is just a goal machine.

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Beverlyjean(f): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2020
chiboy1116:
stfu lewandowski hasn't even won the golden boot lmao . He just got his first UCL . Go cry somewhere else . Messi is the greatest player ever , Ronaldo is just a goal machine.

Greatest player in ur delusional head... la liga , CL that he won ages ago nothing more...he isn't even as successful as zidane ...messi is just a la liga goal scorer ..nothing more
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 10:33am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Greatest player in ur delusional head... la liga , CL that he won ages ago nothing more...he isn't even as successful as zidane ...messi is just a la liga goal scorer ..nothing more
just imagine the insult, no disrespect but even zizou or his family menbers cnt say such trash.....now comparing messi success to zizou with just 13 trophies in all his years in football, he was soo good in football and he won just 1 ballon d or abi??
all this cr7 fans jus know how to type rubbish and would stop replying ur sentimental mentions....
thats how they once compared messi with benzema last season...I jus tire for all of una..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rwanda Vs Nigeria : Blow By Blow Account / Revealed: The True Reason Why Real Madrid Sold Mesut Ozil / Week 32 Pool Results 2020: Classified Football Pools Results - UK 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.