Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer (3095 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football's All-time Leading Goalscorer In Competitive Games / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History / Kylian Mbappe Becomes Fourth Highest Goalscorer In PSG History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Beverlyjean(f): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

I cant stop laughing because the sentiments and double standards keeps increasing in all ur mentions...
1..ballon d or isnt important and awards are crappy because ur goat is playing catch up abi?? forgetting the fact that you were among those celebrating when he won that same ballon d or consecutively ahead of Lionel messi, messi did a comeback and now its scrap, cr7 loyal fans eeh..
2..messi dnt deserve to be nominated in 2010 ahead of those names forgetting that cr7 won it during dt bayern golden years that they won all trophies that Ribery and nuer were strong favorites for that award but it was given to cr7 because he took portual to world cup even if he ended the year without any UCL or few trophies and now u speaking against same favour that messi enjoyed, dts double standards..
3..agreed with cr7 doubling messi ucl record bt messi trippled all the trophies cr7 won in spain during his stay and I still insist dt winning the main European golden boot awarded to top scorer in ALL LEAGUES IS BETTER and stronger THAN UCL golden boot that you are ranting about, Google would help you on that..
4..dont even talk about trophies won because you made no point there....I dnt expect messi playing in spain to win epl and seri a na..
finally it would all end up with the total trophies won even if its fa cup or UCL because all are called trophies, incase u dnt kno "AH AHLY OF EGYPT STILL HOLD THE RECORD OF MOST TROPHIES WON IN THE WORLD WITHOUT A UCL IN IT...U DIG?

But al ahly wasn't nominated as greatest club in history... in ur words modric is better than iniesta and xavi as he has won balon dor....ronaldo deserved to b nominated in 2013 but messi wasnt even meant to b nominated after Germany and inter disgraced him...he cudnt even score one goal in the world cup... fifa had no choice but to give Ronaldo in 2013 cos of the stupid error they made by giving messi the award a yr earlier despite winning nothing but cos he scored 91 goals despite Ronaldo wrestling the league away from him..so y wudnt they give Ronaldo the award after scored 78 goals that season...if they gave Ribery, it wud hv been glaring that messi is being favoured by blatter ...tho we all know blatter dashed him awards ...same thing with the golden ball...James, neuer and muller were all better that year
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Beverlyjean(f): 10:40am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

just imagine the insult, no disrespect but even zizou or his family menbers cnt say such trash.....now comparing messi success to zizou with just 13 trophies in all his years in football...
all this cr7 fans jus know how to type rubbish and would stop replying ur sentimental mentions....
thats how they once compared messi with benzema last season...I jus tire for all of una..

Zidane eon everything in football...league titles in Italy and Spain.. ur messi has only la liga ...nothing more...no international trophy...he is a local champion...what's the difference between di stefano and messi?? He has never even had the highest goal scorer record in CL history like stefano...the guy is just doing what Lewandowski is doing in Germany and claiming greatest... Lewandowski and messi are same cos Lewandowski has won everything messi has won in his senior career and Lewandowski has even won with 2 different clubs
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by DrayZee: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

I cant stop laughing because the sentiments and double standards keeps increasing in all ur mentions...
1..ballon d or isnt important and awards are crappy because ur goat is playing catch up abi?? forgetting the fact that you were among those celebrating when he won that same ballon d or consecutively ahead of Lionel messi, messi did a comeback and now its scrap, cr7 loyal fans eeh..
2..messi dnt deserve to be nominated in 2010 ahead of those names forgetting that cr7 won it during dt bayern golden years that they won all trophies that Ribery and nuer were strong favorites for that award but it was given to cr7 because he took portual to world cup even if he ended the year without any UCL or few trophies and now u speaking against same favour that messi enjoyed, dts double standards..
3..agreed with cr7 doubling messi ucl record bt messi trippled all the trophies cr7 won in spain during his stay and I still insist dt winning the main European golden boot awarded to top scorer in ALL LEAGUES IS BETTER and stronger THAN UCL golden boot that you are ranting about, Google would help you on that..
4..dont even talk about trophies won because you made no point there....I dnt expect messi playing in spain to win epl and seri a na..
finally it would all end up with the total trophies won even if its fa cup or UCL because all are called trophies, incase u dnt kno "AH AHLY OF EGYPT STILL HOLD THE RECORD OF MOST TROPHIES WON IN THE WORLD WITHOUT A UCL IN IT...U DIG?
Lol. One was born and bred in Barcelona, grew up with people like Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta and Samuel Eto’o.
The other one was born in Sporting Lisbon, a club that no one knows any player who played there. He fired himself to Manchester United’s number 7 jersey as an 18 year old, taking over from David Beckham.
Due to being overpampered by great players, it’s not too surprising that almost all of Messi’s achievements are with Barcelona. Once he’s outside Barcelona, nothing remains. Look at him currently, the world’s greatest assist provider, as soon as they removed Suarez (the last good goal scorer of Barcelona), he now has 2 assists in 12 games played. Yet you want to tell me that Messi’s assists aren’t because he grew up with better players. Man has also scored 5 penalties out of 8 goals. You see am now?

Meanwhile, Ronaldo is a success everywhere he goes. In Sporting Lisbon, he didn’t score much, but he was able to make Sir Alex Ferguson give him United’s No. 7 shirt. In United, he was the world’s greatest skiller...then he metamorphosed into a prolific goal scorer. Till today, if you want to mention top 20 free kicks ever scored, you’ll have about 2/3 from Ronaldo’s time in Manchester United, and either 0/1 from Messi’s whole career. Messi is currently the better dribbler, yet there was a time when even people that hated Ronaldo would say he was the best dribbler in the world.
There is no aspect of football that Ronaldo has not conquered. There’s nothing in football that he cannot do/hasn’t done. Dribbles, Assists, Goals, Headers, Freekicks, Skill moves...he has all.
I shouldn’t talk too much sha. Argentina was widely known to be top 2 teams in International football, with Di Maria, Aguero, Dybala and the likes. But as soon as Ronaldo won Euro’s with Portugal, people shamelessly started saying Ronaldo has better teammates, just to make it seem like Messi is at a disadvantage. Lmao.
We can enjoy the two of them as they play their game, but if you want to drag, I can also do that one very well.

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 10:48am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

But al ahly wasn't nominated as greatest club in history... in ur words modric is better than iniesta and xavi as he has won balon dor....ronaldo deserved to b nominated in 2013 but messi wasnt even meant to b nominated after Germany and inter disgraced him...he cudnt even score one goal in the world cup... fifa had no choice but to give Ronaldo in 2013 cos of the stupid error they made by giving messi the award a yr earlier despite winning nothing but cos he scored 91 goals despite Ronaldo wrestling the league away from him..so y wudnt they give Ronaldo the award after scored 78 goals that season...if they gave Ribery, it wud hv been glaring that messi is being favoured by blatter ...tho we all know blatter dashed him awards ...same thing with the golden ball...James, neuer and muller were all better that year
didnt say ah ahly is the geeatest club in history and can never be nominated because of the African factor and its not a top league but they have the record..
2..about modric, thats what football awards made us to believe because they is no other criterial of measuring football greats apart from trophies and award won but Xavi and iniesta have an edge because they won more trophies than double of what modric can ever win till he drops his boots and they also won the world cup that modric didnt win, so they have a case..
3..forget all those long stories, everyone knows that both messi and cr7 are highly favored in that ballon d or awards and even making the list even nw that their form have dropped, they both won it when they dont deserve it, no need to use it against the other or saying blatter dashed him asif messi is blatter's relative..
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Beverlyjean(f): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

didnt say ah ahly is the geeatest club in history and can never be nominated because of the African factor and its not a top league but they have the record..
2..about modric, thats what football awards made us to believe because they is no other criterial of measuring football greats apart from trophies and award won but Xavi and iniesta have an edge because they won more trophies than double of what modric can ever win till he drops his boots and they also won the world cup that modric didnt win, so they have a case..
3..forget all those long stories, everyone knows that both messi and cr7 are highly favored in that ballon d or awards and even making the list even nw that their form have dropped, they both won it when they dont deserve it, no need to use it against the other or saying blatter dashed him asif messi is blatter's relative..

Now u are making sense
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Zidane eon everything in football...league titles in Italy and Spain.. ur messi has only la liga ...nothing more...no international trophy...he is a local champion...what's the difference between di stefano and messi?? He has never even had the highest goal scorer record in CL history like stefano...the guy is just doing what Lewandowski is doing in Germany and claiming greatest... Lewandowski and messi are same cos Lewandowski has won everything messi has won in his senior career and Lewandowski has even won with 2 different clubs
see crazy arguments...now comparing messi and lewa that even pep that managed both cant do..
the difference is that messi is unique and more talented than any player you want to call...
CNT waste my time arguing this childish argument because it makes no sense...sorry to ask...which club do you fan??

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by TangoPredict(f): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2020
Penaldo the asun goat.

Baba no rival.

https://tangopredict.com/sunday-before-christmas/
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2020
DrayZee:

Lol. One was born and bred in Barcelona, grew up with people like Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta and Samuel Eto’o.
The other one was born in Sporting Lisbon, a club that no one knows any player who played there. He fired himself to Manchester United’s number 7 jersey as an 18 year old, taking over from David Beckham.
Due to being overpampered by great players, it’s not too surprising that almost all of Messi’s achievements are with Barcelona. Once he’s outside Barcelona, nothing remains. Look at him currently, the world’s greatest assist provider, as soon as they removed Suarez (the last good goal scorer of Barcelona), he now has 2 assists in 12 games played. Yet you want to tell me that Messi’s assists aren’t because he grew up with better players. Man has also scored 5 penalties out of 8 goals. You see am now?

Meanwhile, Ronaldo is a success everywhere he goes. In Sporting Lisbon, he didn’t score much, but he was able to make Sir Alex Ferguson give him United’s No. 7 shirt. In United, he was the world’s greatest skiller...then he metamorphosed into a prolific goal scorer. Till today, if you want to mention top 20 free kicks ever scored, you’ll have about 2/3 from Ronaldo’s time in Manchester United, and either 0/1 from Messi’s whole career. Messi is currently the better dribbler, yet there was a time when even people that hated Ronaldo would say he was the best dribbler in the world.
There is no aspect of football that Ronaldo has not conquered. There’s nothing in football that he cannot do/hasn’t done. Dribbles, Assists, Goals, Headers, Freekicks, Skill moves...he has all.
I shouldn’t talk too much sha. Argentina was widely known to be top 2 teams in International football, with Di Maria, Aguero, Dybala and the likes. But as soon as Ronaldo won Euro’s with Portugal, people shamelessly started saying Ronaldo has better teammates, just to make it seem like Messi is at a disadvantage. Lmao.
We can enjoy the two of them as they play their game, but if you want to drag, I can also do that one very well.
was enjoying ur lines but kinda got lost...
1..forget born and brought up you are talking about because both of them used the mininal opportunity given to them because if messi isnt dt talented, he would have been sold a long time ago, u making it sound asif he isnt performing, gat no talent and jus playing because the coach loved him..
2..get used to the stats drop...its normal and glaring that Lionel abilities is declining due to age factor and same with cr7, u cnt cheat nature na..
3...cr7 is a success everwhere he goes?? I partially agree but his juve project is still in progress and let me ask, if he leaves without a ucl, would you call that a success?? and talk about messi staying all his life in barca, let's wait till he moves and failed before we conclude because I dont see any reason for him to leave one of the best teams in the world when he was on his prime to join a lesser club because he wants to prove what??
4...forget about skills, assist and free kicks because messi is miles ahead of him on that and the stats are there to see, cr7. is just about goals and mess is also on that lane too...
5..finally forget Argentina lack of luck in many finals with messi because they may start winning trophies when messi finally retires and cr7 did wonders in portugal, the players they have isnt a factor because cr7 clearly did better than messi with country football and thats his edge over messi...my opinions

1 Like

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by DrayZee: 11:19am On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

was enjoying ur lines but kinda got lost...
1..forget born and brought up you are talking about because both of them used the mininal opportunity given to them because if messi isnt dt talented, he would have been sold a long time ago, u making it sound asif he isnt performing, gat no talent and jus playing because the coach loved him..
2..get used to the stats drop...its normal and glaring that Lionel abilities is declining due to age factor and same with cr7, u cnt cheat nature na..
3...cr7 is a success everwhere he goes?? I partially agree but his juve project is still in progress and let me ask, if he leaves without a ucl, would you call that a success?? and talk about messi staying all his life in barca, let's wait till he moves and failed before we conclude because I dont see any reason for him to leave one of the best teams in the world when he was on his prime to join a lesser club because he wants to prove what??
4...forget about skills, assist and free kicks because messi is miles ahead of him on that and the stats are there to see, cr7. is just about goals and mess is also on that lane too...
5..finally forget Argentina lack of luck in many finals with messi because they may start winning trophies when messi finally retires and cr7 did wonders in portugal, the players they have isnt a factor because cr7 clearly did better than messi with country football and thats his edge over messi...my opinions
Messi is not ahead of Ronaldo in freekicks or skills. If you want to check freekicks, go and check. As for skills, Messi is just a dribbler with the body feint, he doesn’t have anything aside that. You won’t see stepovers, or a rabona or even a knuckleball type freekick (the hardest freekick form) from Messi. Ronaldo even has one named after him, the Ronaldo chop...so I don’t understand this heavy cap you just dropped.
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by ojaysam25(m): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2020
Na wa o 16goals scored in just 1 quarter of season play with him missing 5 matches due to covid19...and he is almost 36. Wetin dey power cr7 self no sign of slowing down anytime soon.
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 11:57am On Dec 20, 2020
DrayZee:

Messi is not ahead of Ronaldo in freekicks or skills. If you want to check freekicks, go and check. As for skills, Messi is just a dribbler with the body feint, he doesn’t have anything aside that. You won’t see stepovers, or a rabona or even a knuckleball type freekick (the hardest freekick form) from Messi. Ronaldo even has one named after him, the Ronaldo chop...so I don’t understand this heavy cap you just dropped.
nice but cant force my opinion on you..
its been long since last I checked the total freekick scored by both players but all I know is that I remembered watching a documentary on espn comparing Lionel messi numbers of freekick scored against totals in some top European clubs and messi top all the clubs because his accuracy then was superb and that was when he scored against Liverpool in camp nou bt his stats have decline and also I dnt remember cr7 scoring upto 10 freekicks in a season..
2..when we talking about dribbles, all counts, even if its footworks, faints or step overs because I also remembered messi coming 4th in the list of successful dribble after last season behind maximin, neyma and adama and ur cr7 wasnt on that list...so whats ur arguments
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by DrayZee: 1:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
paulolee:

nice but cant force my opinion on you..
its been long since last I checked the total freekick scored by both players but all I know is that I remembered watching a documentary on espn comparing Lionel messi numbers of freekick scored against totals in some top European clubs and messi top all the clubs because his accuracy then was superb and that was when he scored against Liverpool in camp nou bt his stats have decline and also I dnt remember cr7 scoring upto 10 freekicks in a season..
2..when we talking about dribbles, all counts, even if its footworks, faints or step overs because I also remembered messi coming 4th in the list of successful dribble after last season behind maximin, neyma and adama and ur cr7 wasnt on that list...so whats ur arguments
Lol. Dribbles and skill moves are not the same thing. You can measure dribbles in numbers...you can’t do the same for skill moves.
And I’m not comparing Messi and Ronaldo in dribbles...Messi is clearly better at dribbles. But Ronaldo was also the number 1 dribbler in the world at a certain time. So no one should act like Ronaldo has never dribbled in his life before.
Last season, he completed the most dribbles in the Serie A.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by chiboy1116: 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Greatest player in ur delusional head... la liga , CL that he won ages ago nothing more...he isn't even as successful as zidane ...messi is just a la liga goal scorer ..nothing more
and Ronaldo is as successful as Zidane ? Dfkm and he still has more trophies than your overrated goalscorer? Don't forget Ronaldo plays for juve , he's supposed to have more trophies cause he's older and played for utd , Madrid , juve . Ronaldo fans always trying to compare a goal scorer to Messi. Rn j don't see the difference between.
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by lascos912(m): 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ronaldo and Messi will top the list
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:35am On Dec 21, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Balon dor is crap cos xavi or iniesta never won balon dor doesn't mean modric is better ... van dyke won best European player ,something ramos never won, does that mean van dyke is better?? Forlan won golden ball in 2010 , but was he better than sneijner in that world cup?? Awards are crap... cos fifa will give it to who they wanna give it to... we know Messi dint even deserve to b nominated in the 2010 balon dor... forlan, villa, iniesta, xavi, casillas, sneijder all performed better but blatter and his wayo... I said in Ronaldo's 9yrs in Spain he doubled the number of CL titles Messi won when Ronaldo was in Spain...that they decide to give golden boot to top leagues scorers don't discredit the CL as well cos it also has it records and awards...Platini never won a world Cup so as van Basten, but they won the European cups... appearing in a final is not an achievement cos sneijner, modric have also appeared in world cup final but no one gives a crap cos no one remembers who came second ...we only remember winners and not loosers grin
Talking about trophies...that he has won more laliga trophies ?? Lol ...u are a clown... ronaldo,multiple premiership, fa cup , la liga, kings cup , Champions league, fifa club world cup, serie a , nations league, European Cup... ur messi has only la liga, kings cup and champions league...fake goat grin
perfect �
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:47am On Dec 21, 2020
paulolee:

just imagine the insult, no disrespect but even zizou or his family menbers cnt say such trash.....now comparing messi success to zizou with just 13 trophies in all his years in football, he was soo good in football and he won just 1 ballon d or abi??
all this cr7 fans jus know how to type rubbish and would stop replying ur sentimental mentions....
thats how they once compared messi with benzema last season...I jus tire for all of una..
World cup, Champions league, Seria A, European nations cup, world best player, world cup best player(2x), Seria A best player.....baba when it comes to Zidane Messi should go and sit done somewhere......both club and country's greatest prizes have been cleared up by ZiZou.....trophies Messi can only dream of...he was always the best player in every single competition he played, ALWAYS!

Player wey carry french football untop his head SUCCESSFULLY not the same wey another so called goat� could not. Baba dont ever put Zidane in your stupid Messi arguments abeg
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by puremaker7(m): 6:54am On Dec 21, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Alien that can't win champions league , world cup or copa America... he must b an alien from the seas ... claiming greatest with only la liga titles ...same thing Lewandowski has been doing with bayern over the years
Lols.
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
World cup, Champions league, Seria A, European nations cup, world best player, world cup best player(2x), Seria A best player.....baba when it comes to Zidane Messi should go and sit done somewhere......both club and country's greatest prizes have been cleared up by ZiZou.....trophies Messi can only dream of...he was always the best player in every single competition he played, ALWAYS!

Player wey carry french football untop his head SUCCESSFULLY not the same wey another so called goat� could not. Baba dont ever put Zidane in your stupid Messi arguments abeg
with tbis ur crazy logic, its safe to say mbappe still in his early 20's have achieved more than ur cr7 because he won the world cup and best young player with france...c talk o
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2020
paulolee:

with tbis ur crazy logic, its safe to say mbappe still in his early 20's have achieved more than ur cr7 because he won the world cup and best young player with france...c talk o
incase you did not understand what I said in that write up, I will make it plain.

In all the competitions Zidane has ever participated in both for club and country, he has dominated all with no exceptions and has emerged the best player in all....Zidane is a star that shone so bright that he is beyond comparison. Don't ever bring in Zizou into any petty Ronaldo and Messi argument even when trying to prove a mute point. He has done it all, even things that Messi and Ronaldo are still dreaming of.....I believe I have made it as easy as possible...thanks!

Btw, in the history of France football Zidane remains invincible, Mbappe can always try.
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by paulolee(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
incase you did not understand what I said in that write up, I will make it plain.

In all the competitions Zidane has ever participated in both for club and country, he has dominated all with no exceptions and has emerged the best player in all....Zidane is a star that shone so bright that he is beyond comparison. Don't ever bring in Zizou into any petty Ronaldo and Messi argument even when trying to prove a mute point. He has done it all, even things that Messi and Ronaldo are still dreaming of.....I believe I have made it as easy as possible...thanks!

Btw, in the history of France football Zidane remains invincible, Mbappe can always try.
you are writing in proverbs and I can't understand them...you said zizou participated in all competitions and dominated with just 13 trophies in almost 600+ games played??
I know he is a star that shone bright but not brighter than messi that have won more individual awards and trophies more than ur zizou..
I keep saying that messi only flaw is lack of country medals and if u are judging zizou ahead of messi because of country and club football, I stand on my point that Xavi is greater than him because he had won more and dominated too..
I know you are coming from the respect point of view because zizou is a legend but I still think thats because he is in frnace and not a football dominating country like brazil or Argentina...
if zizou was a Brazilian would u compare him with brazil greats that also domited? or do you also want to say that ur zizou is greater than pele or maradona that are being dragged into cr7 and messi goat aguements?? let me get ur point please.....
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by driy65(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2020
For live matches go to Google playstore download
LIVE FOOTBALL ARENA by revanet sports
The app is quite good no buffering
Re: Christian Ronaldo Become The Second Highest Goalscorer In The History Of Soccer by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2020
paulolee:

you are writing in proverbs and I can't understand them...you said zizou participated in all competitions and dominated with just 13 trophies in almost 600+ games played??
I know he is a star that shone bright but not brighter than messi that have won more individual awards and trophies more than ur zizou..
I keep saying that messi only flaw is lack of country medals and if u are judging zizou ahead of messi because of country and club football, I stand on my point that Xavi is greater than him because he had won more and dominated too..
I know you are coming from the respect point of view because zizou is a legend but I still think thats because he is in frnace and not a football dominating country like brazil or Argentina...
if zizou was a Brazilian would u compare him with brazil greats that also domited? or do you also want to say that ur zizou is greater than pele or maradona that are being dragged into cr7 and messi goat aguements?? let me get ur point please.....
xavi dominated? I rest my case...pls kindly go to Wikipedia and check their individual playing honours list out...in the competitions Zidane was emerging best player in, xavi was mostly making team of the competition..where Zidane was winning golden ball he was busy collecting bronze balls....

My stance on Zidane is not respect but achievements and facts!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Odds Daily / Should South Africa Be Banned From Hosting The World Cup. / Check Out My Sport Tips ( Definition Of Green)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.