Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Did God Disappoint You? How Do You Feel? Share With Us Your Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Disappoint You? How Do You Feel? Share With Us Your Experience (161 Views)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Disappoint You? How Do You Feel? Share With Us Your Experience by daniddan1999: 12:29am On Dec 20, 2020
We as believers of Christ, have one point or the other question the existence of God especially when we are faced with difficult situations. Some of these problems we were able to overcome and thus, regaining our trust in Christ believing he can and will deliver us from all evil no matter what comes across our way, our trust is in his hands.

However, not all of us was able to oversee the obstacles and as result we believe that God has forgotten about us or we simply don't exist in his plans.

I like you to share some of those things that made you feel or believe God is not on your side and decided not to attend church services again. And if you overcome, what advice do you have for those who feel they are not being cared enough for by God.
Re: Did God Disappoint You? How Do You Feel? Share With Us Your Experience by shesawesome(f): 12:38am On Dec 20, 2020
Honestly it's hard, sometimes you'd feel like he doesn't care, but I also think during the struggle that's when God is most near..or at least I'm choosing to believe.
I've had difficulty that made me quit church, but now I'm wiser and I'm trying to get back on track. I'm still facing difficulties, but hopefully it won't make me quit church a second time. Yeah, I'm not a perfect christian yet, just a flawed human like every other person on earth smiley
Re: Did God Disappoint You? How Do You Feel? Share With Us Your Experience by grim33(m): 12:51am On Dec 20, 2020
God has never disappointed me... coz ... grin
Re: Did God Disappoint You? How Do You Feel? Share With Us Your Experience by tobechi74: 12:58am On Dec 20, 2020
Many people were disappointed this 2020. This led to anger.Anger flows in the land. The people are walking like a ticking time bomb waiting for any little fuel to ignite the internal flame. . The citizen stayed at home in an empty stomach to comply with the COVID-19 lock down order. The government wants her citizen safe from the virus. The citizen is threatened by hunger. A hungry man is an angry man. After the lock down, the organization laid off her workers. The hungry citizen are jobless. Anger is doubled. Officers of the Nigerian police force continued to be brutal. A joyful person could tolerate a certain percentage of pain. An angry person already feels pain. He seeks to eliminate the pain on the stomach and the pain of joblessness. He needs no physical pain from the local authorities. One little trigger was sufficient to ignite the pain he has been repressing. The youth protest began. It spread from police brutality to bad governance and then looting of warehouses.

Some Christians diverted their anger to God. They felt a sense of betrayal for not being protected from the massive job loss despite obeying all his commandment, rules and ritual. They felt used and dumped by the creator. Staying at home without going to church did not end their lives. So why bother going? A gradual loss of faith.

Others diverted their grievance to the clergy. Few church leaders launched an online platform for tithe collection. A hungry and jobless Christian threatened with eternal punishment for not paying tithe is the last thing an angry person expects from the religious leaders. Members expected the church to feed them the way Christ fed the five thousand. Their disappointment led them to swear not to go to that church again.

Anger like Joy, hunger, or sadness is neither good nor bad. It is an emotion to be felt. Anger can be a fuel for transforming one’s life. We need to be angry at our present circumstance before we can act to change them. Righteous anger is when we feel the pain of the oppressed and try to stop it. when we are angry, we feel it calmly to understand its source. Impatient anger could lead to violence or Hasty decision when we lash out instantly.

https://tobechispeaks./
Re: Did God Disappoint You? How Do You Feel? Share With Us Your Experience by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:51am On Dec 20, 2020
The only reason someone who truly walks with God could feel disappointed by God, is ignorance. That's why after such a person had felt disappointed but later begins to see the result of the process God let him pass through, the person is usually grateful and appreciative, because he then knows why God did what He did and allowed such to happen to him.

Hence I pray for God to give me the patience to go through whatever I need to go through to become everything that He desires for me to be. Because I have seen the result of such a process in the past when I couldn't understand and felt disappointed, and they are beyond what I could have ever dreamt of or planned for myself.

So I also pray for understanding, but even if I don't have that, I want to be patient regardless, because God has proven overtime that He knows what He's doing and hence deserves all my trust.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Lebanese Wedding Photography Melbourne / Six Ways To Celebrate Christmas / Worship Without Walls Is Live Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.