Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

COVID-19 Second Wave: Sanwo-olu Clears Air On Imposing Total Lockdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19 Second Wave: Sanwo-olu Clears Air On Imposing Total Lockdown (542 Views)

COVID-19 Second Wave: Sanwo-olu Clears Air On Imposing Total Lockdown / Umahi Tightens Ebonyi State Borders, Visits Boundaries To Ensure Total Lockdown / COVID-19: Aisha Buhari Seeks Total Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

COVID-19 Second Wave: Sanwo-olu Clears Air On Imposing Total Lockdown by tkgz(m): 6:56am On Dec 20, 2020
The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has insisted that the state cannot afford another lockdown.

Sanwo-Olu stated this in a statement released on Saturday.

This comes a day after he ordered schools to close indefinitely and civil servants to work from home, as the second wave of COVID-19 sweeps across Nigeria.

Sanwo-Olu, who himself is recovering from the virus, had also issued a strong warning to religious organizations and banned gatherings.

“Dear Lagosians, I am overwhelmed by your show of love and concern about my health and wellbeing. I must admit that the gesture touched me deeply and reaffirmed our connection to one another as humans.

“I acknowledge and thank you very sincerely and pray that none of us will lose our lives to COVID-19, and in any other preventable circumstance.

“To families that have lost loved ones to the virus, I pray that God grants you the fortitude to bear the loss.

“Yesterday, we issued guidelines to help us in the next phase of our battle with the virus. Lagosians have relaxed and the effects are evident with increasing cases and unfortunate deaths
See More: https://www.cuzideas.com/covid-19-second-wave-sanwo-olu-clears-air-on-imposing-total-lockdown

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: Sanwo-olu Clears Air On Imposing Total Lockdown by Skmoda360(m): 6:56am On Dec 20, 2020
Hmmmm!!?
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: Sanwo-olu Clears Air On Imposing Total Lockdown by GboyegaD(m): 6:59am On Dec 20, 2020
First things first, people should be more careful and the use of face masks should be enforced.
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: Sanwo-olu Clears Air On Imposing Total Lockdown by Mynd44: 7:44am On Dec 20, 2020

(1)

Another Abduction In Katsina: Bandits Abduct Islamic School Students / North, And SW Are Like Husband And Wife, Slave And Master-arewa Forum / Biafra: I’d Have Killed Obasanjo - Mazi Unegbu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.