Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol (1401 Views)

K-peace Wins Nigerian Idol Season 5 / Nigerian Idol Season 3: Final Contestants / Twice Rejected Yeka, Makes Nigerian Idol Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by jagudaman: 2:45am On Mar 27, 2011
In the first edition of Nigerian Idol, Twenty six years old Yeka Onka, described as “African Whitney Houston” emerges as the winner, bagging the grand prize of a recording contract, 7.5Million naira courtesy Etisalat and Royal Exchange, a brand new car courtesy Tom Tom and a Sony entertainment TV center! Definitely worth the contest if , http://www.jaguda.com/2011/03/26/yeka-onka-wins-first-edition-of-nigerian-idol/
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by Flodel(f): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2011
naija will alwaz be naija, to be candid naomi mac deserves it not yeka onka. I think the judges also agree with me cos u need to see the expression on their faces when yeka onka was annonce the winner.
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by Akuviv: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2011
Flodel:

naija will alwaz be naija, to be candid naomi mac deserves it not yeka onka. I think the judges also agree with me cos u need to see the expression on their faces when yeka onka was annonce the winner.

Flodel you just said my mind, I was so angry and disappointed angry angry shocked shocked cry cry, words could not describe my feelings. Naomi deserved to win the prize but it is all about the votes. The organizers of this competition is out to make their money. I'm just pissed off and tired of these shows.
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by micklplus(m): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2011
How can yeka win See the expression on the judges face! The enthusiasm was not even in the audience!

I am so disappointed and I am so annoyed
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by Akuviv: 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2011
micklplus:

How can yeka win See the expression on the judges face! The enthusiasm was not even in the audience!

I am so disappointed and I am so annoyed

I feel you jor. This reminds me of EYO of project fame. Yinka Davies was so shocked she forgot to applaud the announcement the audience did not rejoice at the news.
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by micklplus(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2011
^^
Even the moderator guy couldn't announce it! He had to call the MD to come and announce the winner
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by Akuviv: 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2011
They have to review the whole thing. Voters should be allowed to vote until the final 3 then leave the whole thing them judges to decide. Really fed up.
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by Mbeki: 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2011
The Yeka Onka need to be investigated.

Something might have happened behind the scene!

I don't trust them anymore.
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by micklplus(m): 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
Mbeki, I agree with you totally! They should all be brushed and invetigated
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by vkings: 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2011
U need to check peoples' reaction on facebook.

I pray this doesn't become a bad investment for them because as far as her forthcoming albums are concerned, count me out.

For Naomi, people are already asking her when her album will be released.
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by micklplus(m): 11:00pm On Mar 27, 2011
Vking, unfortunately I don't have the link on facebook. Can u please, send the link?

Thanks
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by Mbeki: 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2011
performance wise, yeka onka is no match to naomi.

yeka performs with all seriousness, but naomi flows effortlessly.

they messed up the 1st ever nigeria idol show. no credibility.
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by honeric01(m): 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2011
The show is not only about who the crowd likes, it's about who got the highest votes, Yeka got the highest votes, if you all wanted Naomi, you lot should have voted continuously for her.

Nothing lost guys, the girl with the highest vote won.

A girl actually lost out from the top 10, the guy i believed was better all the rest contestant, even Yinka Davis couldn't hide her disgusts when that girl was removed from the idol.
Re: Yeka Onka Wins First Edition Of Nigerian Idol by semid4lyfe(m): 3:08am On Mar 28, 2011
Naomi Mac was by far the best singer in the competition and she should have won.

To say I'm dissapointed will be an understatement

It seems the best never win this reality music competitions when it's dependent on the votes of the viewers undecided

Igbo (not trying to start a tribal war please) peeps must have voted massively for Yeka Onka IMO for her to have emerged winner.

By the way, the prize disparity between the winner and the 2nd place is too much

N7.5M, a car, a recording contract and a trip to South Africa for the winner while the runner up gets only 1.3M? shocked

What Nonsense!

Take heart Naomi. . . .[size=15pt]You're the best!!!![/size]

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Better Fighter Between Jet Li And Jackie Chan?? / Genevieve Hosts Gulder Ultimate Search Celebrity Showdown / Igbokwenu TV Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.