Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards (29194 Views)

COVID-19: SERAP Asks Buhari To Use Confiscated Stolen Assets As Isolation Centre / SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States / SERAP Asks Lawan To Drop Bill To Give ‘repentant Terrorists’ Foreign Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by pieces18: 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
dimexy247:
Honestly, this administration lack vision. I don't understand the cries about NIN and integrating phone numbers with it?

What's the importance of BVN?

What about those that has registered since forever and don't even have the number used to register anymore?

What about folks that are no more in the country?

What's the essence really?

Who advises that foolish impersonator?

Anything to maltreat, victimize and punish the citizens seems to be the mission of this failed government.

Misplaced priorities everywhere.

SERAP is right and you've said it all. This government is satanic and so always wants to see that people are in pain. Unfortunately, they all Hausa people, the president, the minister and ncc boss, all Hausa people. I just release that Hausa people are not good leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
This has proven SERAP as a big failure concerning legal matters. I worked in bank and I know lot of legal things concerning privacy policy of all these platforms they mentioned. You can't verify someone's BVN, NIN or any other ID without the consent and or presence of the holder of the ID card, it's a big breach to law unless when court order is taken.
Honestly, SERAP's suggestion seems wiser and easier but is very very dangerous to our privacy & complicated to the NSPs. Many ppl are using pre-registered SIM cards on those platforms but this current order will give clear picture and consent of clients on the possession of SIM cards.
The most important things for everyone challenging this move to learn is, all those ID cards mentioned can't be obtained for persons below 18yrs including BVN but NIN can be obtained at all age.
Honestly, the SERAP and those who back them have lost their intelligence concerning this debate because govt have more reasons to stand by their order than them.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by gudugudumeje: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
NICE move by SERAP; followed by country-wide protests... Pantanmi is a terrorist to peoples' rights planted there by the cabal. Pls. Watch out.

3 Likes

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Giantfarmer(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
Exc2000:
shocked

What is wrong. With SERAP

Kidnappers , Boko Haram don't have BVN , voters card or international passport

NIN cost nothing, within few minutes you are captured, 2 weeks you get your number from anywhere

Look we must have real time database of ourselves for security reasons, activism is not about killing all Goverment policy with complains

*Insecurity is everywhere and police claim they lack equipment, and have poor salary, Buhari and Federal Government suggested a New Police Act where 1% to 3% of our National earnings goes to Nigerian Police Force - Nigerian Governors rushed to block it at the court without offering solutions

*FG and Pantami stated that not everyone has a bank account , so not all have BVN and our BVN or Voters card is useless when it comes to fighting Boko Haram, Kidnapping, bandits ... He proposed we all register ourselves to Jonathan's National Identity Number, Something similar to Americas Social Security Number

but given the time frame it possible for someone to register and be issued a nin within two weeks, looking at how slow the process is especially now that people will be at a rush?

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by boyjo: 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
Tobbydhayor90:

GOD bless you SERAP.
The IDs are just too much.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Fanelgroup(m): 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
Good afternoon fellow nairalanders

I want to air my view which is void of sentiment,emotion or support for anyone. Have you ever asked your self why kidnappers or arm robbers can't hide oversea? Their mode of data collection is vast and comprehensive, you cant hide from been discovered.

Linking your sim to NIN is the best thing this government can do to curb corruption. Yes, we have BVN,International passport and PVC but ask yourself, how many boko harram members have these things mentioned above but most of them if not all use mobile phone for easy communication. Most teenagers that commit atrocities this days eg yahoo yahoo...don't have BVN or bank account yet, they use their friends or family members accounts to commit crime. But almost everyone has a phone and at least one sim card.
The world is developing and evolving, one of the reasons why Nigeria is lagging behind is poor database. Most artisans that worked for me in time past say they don't use bank because they believe any money transacted electronically might be lost, so they prefer u pay them cash. How do u deal with this group of people, but they all use phone and sim card.

I don't see anything wrong with this recent development, I encourage you all to go get your NIN before the deadline given or face going back to stone age when u cannot make or receive calls but can only post letters via post offices�

Peace

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Exc2000:
shocked

NIN cost nothing, within few minutes you are captured, 2 weeks you get your number from anywhere

Look we must have real time database of ourselves for security reasons, activism is not about killing all Goverment policy with complains

*Insecurity is everywhere and police claim they lack equipment, and have poor salary, Buhari and Federal Government suggested a New Police Act where 1% to 3% of our National earnings goes to Nigerian Police Force - Nigerian Governors rushed to block it at the court without offering solutions

*FG and Pantami stated that not everyone has a bank account , so not all have BVN and our BVN or Voters card is useless when it comes to fighting Boko Haram, Kidnapping, bandits ... He proposed we all register ourselves to Jonathan's National Identity Number, Something similar to Americas Social Security Number SSN, - SERAP are here again to stop this idea without creating alternative solution

Kidnappers , Boko Haram don't have BVN , voters card or international passport but they have NIN abi? Continue wallowing in your mediocrity. Which information do the govt wants on NIN that is not already on sim? These rogues in government have uterior motive.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Exc2000: 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Giantfarmer:
but given the time frame it possible for someone to register and be issued a nin within two weeks, looking at how slow the process is especially now that people will be at a rush?

Absolutely nothing slow about it cos I did mine not quite long, it's fill a form, put your data and BVN, children put their fathers details seat to get captured and it's all over they have registration centre in banks , Local Government Secretariat , State Government Secretariat
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Whoube99(f): 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Tobbydhayor90:

http://serap-nigeria.org/2020/12/20/serap-asks-buhari-to-stop-nin-registration-withdraw-threat-to-block-sim-cards/

The most foolish, clueless, inept, confused, vision less, uncoordinated & unproductive administration since Nigeria history.
I keep asking, how on planet earth did Nigeria & Nigerians get here
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Exc2000: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
DamZik:

Kidnappers , Boko Haram don't have BVN , voters card or international passport but they have NIN abi? Continue wallowing in your mediocrity. Which information do the govt wants on NIN that is not already on sim? These rogues in government have uterior motive.

Boko Haram has a SIM card, Link your SIM card registration information and your National Identity Number and we can track bandits , herdsmen, and Boko Haram who calls victims for ransom...

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by HRMK: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
why #serap dey boda or wori sef?we kno na excuse to take loot moni for treasury!all dis drivas licence,nigeria passport,votas card and odas wey dem dey use b4 nor work again?na wen contract dey na den govt official go kolet moni for him poket!na so now.....who is fooling who here.......?YEYE.........
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Jostoman: 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
dimexy247:
Honestly, this administration lack vision. I don't understand the cries about NIN and integrating phone numbers with it?

What about those that has registered since forever and don't even have the number used to register anymore?

Anything to maltreat, victimize and punish the citizens seems to be the mission of this failed government.

anytime Nigerians are crying buhari will be rejoicing.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Blackdisciple(m): 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
The organization also urged him “to instruct Mr Pantami and Mr Abubakar to take concrete measures to promptly ensure that the NIMC is able to faithfully and effectively discharge its statutory functions to harmonize and integrate existing identification databases in government agencies into the National Identity Database, and to use the information to update SIM card registration.”

Thanks to SERAP.

The government always wants to shift their job to her citizens to do... just look at it , imagine someone telling you how to to do your job, is that not so so pathetic
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by TenderManiac: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
This government is a complete headache
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by LZAA: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Exc2000:
shocked

*FG and Pantami stated that not everyone has a bank account , so not all have BVN and our BVN or Voters card is useless when it comes to fighting Boko Haram, Kidnapping, bandits ... He proposed we all register ourselves to Jonathan's National Identity Number, Something similar to Americas Social Security Number SSN, - SERAP are here again to stop this idea without creating alternative solution

Oga stop spewing this pro government crap
Sim registration and bvn has covered every one in Nigeria
NIN costs nothing?okay go and do it now and see if you will not come back cursing this government
This stupid move whether extended or not will cause deep problems
This is not 1984

3 Likes

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Ezyp(m): 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Igwe355:
Good...

It's just a matter of synchronisation. Import people's details on bvn to their sim. Thats what I think though. Because the truth is, if its because of kidnappers and bandits, they will no longer call with independent lines, they will call with the victims phone numbers. So how do you trace them?
You are full of wisdom

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by elasticlala: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
dimexy247:

I think it is tied to the social medial bill thing.... It is a misplaced priority.
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by SctDonald(m): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
Exc2000:
shocked

Nobody is discrediting the measures..but there are better ways to get people captured without going through stress and pains..

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by alawiiyeyoruba1: 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
Lack of vision actually cos there is an unrest about the second wave of covid and yet you asked your citizenry to go and register for NIMC and link it with their phone numbers. Of course, we all know everywhere would crowded which will exponentially increase the rate of contraction.

Aso-Oke also called Ofi is a type of hand-made fabric usually done by weaving and this art of weaving and styling of this particular fabric material originated from the Yorubas ........ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/aso-ofi/
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Jostoman: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Exc2000:
shocked

useless government
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
Micann1:
What documents would be required for nin registration
When I did mine, 5years ago, I was required to bring 2 passport, original letter of identification and birth certificate.
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hier:
I heard NIMC staffs are extorting people big time embarassed embarassed

I also heard the essence of the registration was to stop extortion sad sad

NIMC is working indeed grin grin grin

I heard they are collecting 5k for express which is very bad. Please who help with GLO SIM NIN synchronization SSD code so I can do mine? MTN sent me theirs by SMS.

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by coronavirus19: 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
dimexy247:

You answered your own questions lol.

Update and synchronise
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Yankee101: 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Use existing biometric info

Makes sense
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by SirJerrie(m): 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
I hope NIMC listens...
Me wey dey use 3 different simcard sub. How I wan take do am??
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by optimusprime2(m): 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
No I don't agree to this...
There has to be a root database that can link to the other identification means, and in this case the NIN is the social security number.

BVN
Passport
And Drivers licence creates room for multiple databases therefore complicating the social security system.

I support the NiN to be registered to a number and the number to the BVN and BVN to the driver's licence/passport student id or whatever id that the citizen posseses, the NIN being the root Database which contains all data, thereby making the national identity card an integrated piece of identification, that is compulsory for every citizen.

That would make the national card viable for travelling within visa free regions in the absence of a passport. And for petes sake make the card electronic!

Sometimes I wonder about people in leadership positions in Nigeria honestly...
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by Nkpitime(m): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
Exc2000:
shocked

They just want to destroy the remaining country
They are some how working for the criminals using the security loopholes to be doing kidnapping for Ransom, fraud. Remember that before this gsm of a thing there is little or no mention of kidnapping, high level terrorism and sophisticated fraud being perpetuated now using SIM card
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by vineyardfarms: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Tobbydhayor90:

http://serap-nigeria.org/2020/12/20/serap-asks-buhari-to-stop-nin-registration-withdraw-threat-to-block-sim-cards/

NIN, - VOTERS CARD - INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT - THESE AGENTS HAVE LOST THEIR MANDATE. THEY ARE AGENTS GREEDY, THIEVES - RACKETEERS. THESE OFFICES ARE MARKET PLACES OF DARKNESS WHERE THEY PREPETUATE EVIL AND GREED. THE MINISTER SHOULD DO HOUSE CLEANING AND EMPLOY EXPERTS TO MERGE EXISTING DATAS AND STOP THAT SATANIC THREAT. OR BETTER RESIGN WITH YOUR BOSS - YOU LACK IDEAS
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards by chukwuibuipob: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
we dnt have court.
lexy2014:

Serap should have gone to court. Buhari is deaf to any request that will reduce d burden on nigerians. Serap can't tell me they don't that buhari approved this exercise
Pray he listen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hardship: NLC, TUC Issue 14-day Nationwide Strike Notice To FG / Why Our Refineries Can't Work, At Least For Now. / FG Gives 29 Civil Servants Television Sets For Hard Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.