Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,726 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff (22095 Views)

Eid-el-kabir: Ram Sellers Record Low Patronage, Customers Lament Increased Price / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by emerged01(m): 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
southniyikaye:
Where I stay, we use 2k light for a month although I don't understand how they calculate that. Shit..
But nowadays, it is used up in two weeks...
No one hardly stays at home.. Go out by 7:30am and return by 8 or 9pm sometimes...

I just know we will survive this government till 2023...
Same here. Just two week now before a month and few days
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by gurunlocker: 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
This administration just keeps inflicting suffering on people
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Whois(m): 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
Phcn is really cashing out from their various scams going on in that sector. I would have had alot to explain assuming I didn't screen shot the receipt of 68 units I bought for a friend yesterday. He bought 68 units but was credited 39units on entering the token and he said he doesn't have an outstanding bills on the account so how come the deduction embarassed

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by nedekid: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
abercrombie:
someone should please summarize
They are chopping money.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by nedekid: 2:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
OscarJaden:
dude is supposed to be ban till 2050 for this

myndd44
Rather for 600 years.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Zino1011(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
o9o9:

@saasala also

Don't Bypass.

Look at the major consumption components.

The culprits are always the Pumping Machine. My Pumping machine consumes 6kw/h now imagine you pump water every single day for 1hour for 30 days? That's 180kwh. That's N8,800 on pumping water alone in a month if your charge rate is 49Naira per kwh like mine.

Next the Pressing iron. Look at their energy consumption ratings and adjust.

Next are security lights and indoor lights. Are they all Leds or old school bulbs?

Deep Freezer or Fridge? What are their consumption Levels?

Washing. machine? Do you use one with Dryer?

My washing Machine consumes 0.8kw per 30minutes wash. The dryer consumes about 4 to 5kw for a 3hour drying period. I have now minimised iron drying to only essential clothes. And ironing of clothes to external dry cleaners as it is more cheaper and economical to have them iron at 100 naira per shirt than me ironing and burning 1k energy on just 2 shirts. just look at all these and adjust them.

Had to do meticulous calculation to adjust my consumption and cut out the waste. I know it's hard but we may need to adjust to the realities of this eve changing landscape in the country to survive
i just feel the new conlog prepaid is a rip-off.the pumping machine is on my neighbors prepaid and they 4K monthly(old prepaid )

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by kingxsamz(m): 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Gospelpreacher1:
[s][/s]

1 Minute in Hell will Dissolve your all your so called wisdom you think u have..

It is Better to have the Worst of life her on Earth, but see the need to Accept JESUS and Make Heaven.

Than to be a Bill gates or Brunei oil Merchant and see no need for JESUS , Miss Heaven and open your Eyes in Hell.

Lol, jobless /broke people talk.
It's Only people who have no plan for their future and children's future that'll say such rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by MrHighSea: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
salbis:
Make una no vex, just persevere abeg. The corrective action of building better Nigeria by ''our darling President'' don dey reach lintel level, remain small e go better. Sai Baba 2039.
lol, lintel level.
before him go roof finish, hunger don kpeme us.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by nedekid: 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
cyndylove64:
Am using postpaid,was asked to pay 32k as my bill for November,only my flat ooo.with just one tv and fridge.they are running mad,I swear
Better get prepaid, is not Nepa will continue using you as atm.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by nedekid: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
Whois:
Phcn is really cashing out from their various scams going on in that sector. I would have had alot to explain assuming I didn't screen shot the receipt of 68 units I bought for a friend yesterday. He bought 68 units but was credited 39units on entering the token and he said he doesn't have an outstanding bills on the account so how come the deduction embarassed
Tell him to call customer care if it is ikedc. They are effective.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by HelpYourself(m): 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
saasala:
They now give me 15 unites per N1,000. I recharge 5k on the go which is about 75. I put my fridge/freezer on for about 12 hours daily, I pump water once in a day, the washing machine is used like once in a week and other minor electronics like the TV, sound system are regularly on as my kid cousin uses them when I am away. My 75 units of 5k disappear in just 3 days.

shocked
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by HelpYourself(m): 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
saasala:
They now give me 15 unites per N1,000. I recharge 5k on the go which is about 75. I put my fridge/freezer on for about 12 hours daily, I pump water once in a day, the washing machine is used like once in a week and other minor electronics like the TV, sound system are regularly on as my kid cousin uses them when I am away. My 75 units of 5k disappear in just 3 days.

shocked

You need to complain that's not normal even

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Bluntemperor: 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
ecolime:
All Nigerian regulatory agencies (NERC, NCC, DPR, etc..) are very useless.

Their staff are only there to enrich themselves. They are never on the side of the customers.

The situation of providing darkness Instead of power is so bad that everyday in Lagos,especially the Ikeja Disco,where there is a light OFF.Gemco,Discos and NERC are the same.They don't have solutions for permanent regular light but are reaping the populace dry.These are things we expect the President to address Nigerians live but wait for his Advisers to tell you and confused you more- that 333 Students is 10 Students.Just Negodu!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Orubebe01: 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
please can one go back to old Meyer after prepaid has been installed
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by nkemoma(m): 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
#ENDPHCN soon...
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by saasala(m): 2:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
o9o9:

@saasala also

Don't Bypass.

Look at the major consumption components.

The culprits are always the Pumping Machine. My Pumping machine consumes 6kw/h now imagine you pump water every single day for 1hour for 30 days? That's 180kwh. That's N8,800 on pumping water alone in a month if your charge rate is 49Naira per kwh like mine.

Next the Pressing iron. Look at their energy consumption ratings and adjust.

Next are security lights and indoor lights. Are they all Leds or old school bulbs?

Deep Freezer or Fridge? What are their consumption Levels?

Washing. machine? Do you use one with Dryer?

My washing Machine consumes 0.8kw per 30minutes wash. The dryer consumes about 4 to 5kw for a 3hour drying period. I have now minimised iron drying to only essential clothes. And ironing of clothes to external dry cleaners as it is more cheaper and economical to have them iron at 100 naira per shirt than me ironing and burning 1k energy on just 2 shirts. just look at all these and adjust them.

Had to do meticulous calculation to adjust my consumption and cut out the waste. I know it's hard but we may need to adjust to the realities of this eve changing landscape in the country to survive

Thanks for this tips. I will abide by all your rules
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Lovinghauwa: 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
I always knew NERC officials were complicit in this increase.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Whois(m): 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
Thanks for the response. Yea it's ikeja electric. I will call tomorrow morning and also chat them on Facebook. Incase I might need to screen shot their reply for feedback to my friend.
nedekid:

Tell him to call customer care if it is ikedc. They are effective.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by jolyment: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
I was paying 5k ,7k etc for light bills. But this December I was given 12500 naira.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by BigBashiru: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
dre11:
While Nigerians lament increased electricity tariff, regulatory agency’s officials share billions as perks

Since its establishment, the electricity regulator, NERC, has been mired in financial scandals.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/432203-exclusive-while-nigerians-lament-increased-electricity-tariff-regulatory-agencys-officials-share-billions-as-perks.

Blacks are at it again. Cursed ppl.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by BigBashiru: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
ssogundele:
I’m just tired of any Nigerian organization. There only after cashing out on the poor masses. Got no energy for no more

It's because blacks appear inferior.... once there is foreign involvement, things stabilize.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by MrRegret: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
Listen o people

Since it seems we can beat them, take these word as consolidation:

ECCLESIASTES 5:8:

if you see any oppression of the poor and a violation of Justice and righteousness in your district, do not be surprised about the matter. For that high official is being watched by one who is higher than he is, and there are others who are still higher than them.

Poor man prayer
:

God dey
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Digitalwitch: 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
salbis:
Make una no vex, just persevere abeg. The corrective action of building better Nigeria by ''our darling President'' don dey reach lintel level, remain small e go better. Sai Baba 2039.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Xyclix: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
embarassed
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Dpundict: 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Varbuena:
cool scam everywhere na wa o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNKWOHfO3zU
You go just wake up with no ambition to even do as much or anything to contribute to social welfare of the society and instead of keeping quiet and hiding your face, go ahead to defame people who have and are still making impact on the life of alot of people for probably religious bigotry reasons or even extremism on your mind. Shift abeg!!
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Okoroawusa: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
I can see from the comments above very few people read the report. Something that will not take a minute or two.
To think that majority of people on this forum are young people.

Back to the report...if you want to know the true nature of a Nigerian put him or her in a position of authority. Just regulate electricity for your country some Nigerians are after the perks of office. Shame!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
Make more money and u wont have to complain anymore
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Omezif(m): 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nothing is cheap now, every thing are cost.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by psucc(m): 3:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Why will the NERC not increase tarrifs when the higher the pay the higher their pay?
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by onyxo76(m): 4:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
saasala:
ol boy sane here o, i got only 39 units for 2k yesterday, i just weak
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by ajailer(m): 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
why do I feel that burning the whole country down is the only way forward for Nigeria to be a better country. The youths have a lot of work in their hands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria / How To Identify A Suicide Bomber - Adamawa State Government / Governor Ayade Gives SUVs To Traditional Rulers Today At CICC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.