Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff (22273 Views)

Eid-el-kabir: Ram Sellers Record Low Patronage, Customers Lament Increased Price / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by chukwugoziegi: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
onyxo76:
ol boy sane here o, i got only 39 units for 2k yesterday, i just weak

That's 50naira per kWh.

Where I stay Ikeja Electric charges 38naira per kWh
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by pacificom: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
Electricity is high because nigerians don't have democratic right. Our government give nothing to the people, but the want to suck us dry.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by amakadlite(f): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
We now pay for black out here in PH, it has never been this bad.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Leo588(m): 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
They are very heartless. Its so bogus
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by birdgo: 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Gospelpreacher1:
[s][/s]

1 Minute in Hell will Dissolve your all your so called wisdom you think u have..

It is Better to have the Worst of life her on Earth, but see the need to Accept JESUS and Make Heaven.

Than to be a Bill gates or Brunei oil Merchant and see no need for JESUS , Miss Heaven and open your Eyes in Hell.

Any God that is ok with me spending eternity in pains getting roasted in hot fire forever can kiss my ass. And for worshipping such a thing you need to get your head examined. Your ability to think is gone. I feel sorry for you honestly.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by isaythetruth(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
the solution to Nigeria energy problem is simple... each State should generate their own electricity to serve residents of the states, and the excess wired to the National Grid for reserve.. there are many ways of generating electricity na, everything mustn't be gas fired power plant... A small state like Vermont in the United States generates upto 25times of what Nigeria generate for her citizens, even with the little quantity of electricity generated, we still get the mind to sell to other countries....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by abimic(m): 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
cyndylove64:
Am using postpaid,was asked to pay 32k as my bill for November,only my flat ooo.with just one tv and fridge.they are running mad,I swear
They're really mad, funny thing is their staffs going about to be disconnecting people's homes for non payment don't enjoy from this largesse while the masters who didn't even design the systems enjoy the perks of office and the hikes in the tarrifs. This hike made me to be working on even getting prepaid which they promised would be given to my house, since I registered but I'm sure it would be better than the post paid. The increment is really alarming and funny thing is, they could still increase again after coming up with another lies.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
saasala:
They now give me 15 unites per N1,000. I recharge 5k on the go which is about 75. I put my fridge/freezer on for about 12 hours daily, I pump water once in a day, the washing machine is used like once in a week and other minor electronics like the TV, sound system are regularly on as my kid cousin uses them when I am away. My 75 units of 5k disappear in just 3 days.
sorry
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Coinbased: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by ImmanuelCourage: 5:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by laborious(m): 6:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
I live in a two bed room flat, just like 5 led bulbs and a freezer and tv, paid for meter over two years now and i have not seen any...my bill for November is 9k...ps
I leave home 7:30 and get back 10 pm and i mostly sleep i darkness...
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by exclusive7(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Currently paying 10k a month by bill not prepaid meter .. Is it this high in other places biko?
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by chaloskyx: 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO ACT LET THEM ENJOY THEIR MONEY IN PEACE BIKO NO NEED OF ALL THIS INJUSTICE STORY NIGERIANS ARE NOT READY FOR CHANGE
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
Over to proud Nigerians and suffering
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by ignis: 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
saasala:
They now give me 15 unites per N1,000. I recharge 5k on the go which is about 75. I put my fridge/freezer on for about 12 hours daily, I pump water once in a day, the washing machine is used like once in a week and other minor electronics like the TV, sound system are regularly on as my kid cousin uses them when I am away. My 75 units of 5k disappear in just 3 days.

I feel your pains.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by okeyglm: 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
you guys are can be complaining. those in the authority are smiling with your money in the bank. electricity is now even cheaper in Ghana that has 24hrs uninterruptable light. all of you should cont. complaining till you all fall dead. ndi iberibe
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by vineyardfarms: 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
dre11:
While Nigerians lament increased electricity tariff, regulatory agency’s officials share billions as perks

Since its establishment, the electricity regulator, NERC, has been mired in financial scandals.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/432203-exclusive-while-nigerians-lament-increased-electricity-tariff-regulatory-agencys-officials-share-billions-as-perks.

MR INTERGRITY, WE THOUGHT WE HAVE SEEN IT ALL £ $ JUST THE BEGGINGING
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by JERIZO(m): 1:52am On Dec 21, 2020
The tariff is too high.
Re: Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff by cyndylove64(f): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
abimic:

They're really mad, funny thing is their staffs going about to be disconnecting people's homes for non payment don't enjoy from this largesse while the masters who didn't even design the systems enjoy the perks of office and the hikes in the tarrifs. This hike made me to be working on even getting prepaid which they promised would be given to my house, since I registered but I'm sure it would be better than the post paid. The increment is really alarming and funny thing is, they could still increase again after coming up with another lies.
my dear have ordered prepaid till now over a month nothing.to make matter worst.they keep giving bill, claiming is till they install the prepaid.my bill will stop.just imagine �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Borno 2023: You Are A Nobody – Zulum Replies PDP Governorship Candidate / President Tinubu Appoints New NDDC Board And Management / Boko-Haram: 500 Foreigners Arrested In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.