Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read (1205 Views)

RBL Bank Credit Card: A Comprehensive Guide / Link Your NIN With Your Glo Line / How To Update Your NIN With MTN As Directed By NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
So everybody has been thinking the linking of nin to your sim can be completely done only, that is not true.
I just confirmed that if you didn't previous submit your phone number at the NIN registration centres, the USSD code the linking online won't work for you. Even if you have more than one sim, you still need to visit a NIMC centre to link all of them, the you can now use the USSD code provided by your network provider to complete the linking. So use *346# to check if the online and USSD code linking worked for you, if you get the following error, visit the nearest NIMC centre to link your sim:
1. Additional Information is needed
2. Your data doesn't exist

Please note that the deadline is still the 30th of December, nothing has changed

Thanks
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Pierocash(m): 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sunmoluvic:
So everybody has been thinking the linking of nin to your sim can be completely done only, that is not true.
I just confirmed that if you didn't previous submit your phone number at the NIN registration centres, the USSD code the linking online won't work for you. Even if you have more than one sim, you still need to visit a NIMC centre to link all of them, the you can now use the USSD code provided by your network provider to complete the linking. So use *346# to check if the online and USSD code linking worked for you, if you get the following error, visit the nearest NIMC centre to link your sim:
1. Additional Information is needed
2. Your data doesn't exist

Please note that the deadline is still the 30th of December, nothing has changed

Thanks
which 30th. House of rep has ordered an extension by 10 weeks. And besides, the whole idea won't work,it will be dropped soon.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pierocash:
which 30th. House of rep has ordered an extension by 10 weeks. And besides, the whole idea won't work,it will be dropped soon.
Ok stay here, NASS only told NCC to extend it, NCC hasn't given the network providers any directives to extend it. I just confirmed from MTN customer service that the deadline is still 30th
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Pierocash(m): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Ok stay here, NASS only told NCC to extend it, NCC hasn't given the network providers any directives to extend it. I just confirmed from MTN customer service that the deadline is still 30th
watch and see if any line will be blocked. Nothing will happen. It is either the dead line is extended till march/April, or the whole idea will be dropped.

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by yanabasee(m): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pierocash:

Its a total nonsense...

They should create a data base rather than linking phone numbers to a bvn...

With this, people's money aren't safe anymore.....

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pierocash:
watch and see if any line will be blocked. Nothing will happen. It is either the dead line is extended till march/April, or the whole idea will be dropped.
Just try to do the linking before 30th
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
yanabasee:

Its a total nonsense...

They should create a data base rather than linking phone numbers to a bvn...

With this, people's money aren't safe anymore.....
Bvn ke?, It's nin not bvn
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Pierocash(m): 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Just try to do the linking before 30th
I don't have that time for now.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by yanabasee(m): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Your nin and BVN are one.

Your BVN is linked to your NIN....
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
yanabasee:

And who told you that.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pierocash:
I don't have that time for now.
Best of luck then �
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by SEGLIZ: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
this idiotic fellows are up to something. they want to deliberately disconnect everyone within that period, (my suspicion though) cos a lame man know they can't get everyone to get the nin within two weeks.
even the ten weeks extension isn't possible, as we talk many folks don't know about this, we have folks in the interland and deep rural areas.
is there provision for this ones? I doubt this, this failure from inception.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
SEGLIZ:
this idiotic fellows are up to something. they want to deliberately disconnect everyone within that period, (my suspicion though) cos a lame man know they can't get everyone to get the nin within two weeks.
even the ten weeks extension isn't possible, as we talk many folks don't know about this, we have folks in the interland and deep rural areas.
is there provision for this ones? I doubt this, this failure from inception.
Seriously
All those old men and women that know nothing, they don't even know what nin talkless of linking it with their sim.

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by abosede35876: 11:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
:
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by GeoAfrikana(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pierocash:
Please stop misleading people. If you like don't get yours done. But please don't mislead others.

yanabasee:

Nin and BVN are different things. Even in NYSC, you have up to three different identification numbers.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Pierocash(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Please stop misleading people. If you like don't get yours done. But please don't mislead others.

Nin and BVN are different things. Even in NYSC, you have up to three different identification numbers.

nobody is misleading anybody. I am only telling you that it isn't going to work. Out of 200m+ people ,only less than 43m people registered for NIN, after over 7 years,others got theirs after years of registration. What couldn't be achieved for 7 years ,they want to achieve it in 2 weeks.

Without mincing words, common sense will tell anyone that it won't work.

Pls come back to quote me if it works. I am not moving an inch out of my abode for one senseless policy that won't see the light of the day.

1 Like

Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by GeoAfrikana(m): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pierocash:
nobody is misleading anybody. I am only telling you that it isn't going to work. Out of 200m+ people ,only less than 43m people registered for NIN, after over 7 years,others got theirs after years of registration. What couldn't be achieved for 7 years ,they want to achieve it in 2 weeks.

Without mincing words, common sense will tell anyone that it won't work.

Pls come back to quote me if it works. I am not moving an inch out of my abode for one senseless policy that won't see the light of the day.

Out of those 200m people, how many are of the age to register NIN? Some of that 200m are kids, many are imprisoned, others are sick and many are in diaspora. And 43m is already registered. Please stop making a mould out of a mountain.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Pierocash(m): 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

Out of those 200m people, how many are of the age to register NIN? Some of that 200m are kids, many are imprisoned, others are sick and many are in diaspora. And 43m is already registered. Please stop making a mould out of a mountain.
43m out of 200m for 7 seven years? And you want to give 2weeks to accomplish a data that couldn't be accomplished for 7yrs. Even if it is 50m people left, with the bottle necks associated with NIN registration, coupled with covid-19, you will know we don't need a soothsayer to tell us that it is a wild goose chase.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by GeoAfrikana(m): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pierocash:
43m out of 200m for 7 seven years? And you want to give 2weeks to accomplish a data that couldn't be accomplished for 7yrs. Even if it is 50m people left, with the bottle necks associated with NIN registration, coupled with covid-19, you will know we don't need a soothsayer to tell us that it is a wild goose chase.

No, 43m people volunteered to register within those 7 years. When I did mine years ago the place was scanty. There was a time they were even going around streets asking people to do the registration.

So they're different scenarios.

Also, regarding BVN. BVN is a personal code that is meant to be known only within financial institutions. If they decide to use it outside the banking/finance sector, it will compromise people's financial security which defeats the aim of its secrecy.

Presently, you must submit your NIN before you can get a driver's license. And I believe many other government agencies will start requesting for the NIN for any process .
Imagine if it's your BVN you're submitting to all agencies. Don't you see the risk in it?
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Pierocash(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

No, 43m people volunteered to register within those 7 years. When I did mine years ago the place was scanty. There was a time they were even going around streets asking people to do the registration.

So they're different scenarios.
maybe you are lucky bro depending on your area. Most areas, people even have to pay bribes to get registered due to large crowd.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by GeoAfrikana(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pierocash:
maybe you are lucky bro depending on your area. Most areas, people even have to pay bribes to get registered due to large crowd. yell

Maybe you're unlucky depending on your area. Some areas are even faster than mine.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by yanabasee(m): 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

I don't know how to explain this....

But, your nin is connected to your bvn....

If you want to register for a new nin, your bvn will be regulated and without it, you can't proceed.

That is to say that, if you fill your info and it is different from your bvn details, you will be asked to make corrections from your bvn to effect it.

My name was wrongly spelt and it's been difficult changing it.
Re: Linking NIN With You Sim Card - A Must Read by Pierocash(m): 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

i told you that is impossible to achieve this NIN linking within this short notice.

Lastly,they will keep extending and finally suspend the exercise.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please what's the name of this DISORDER. / Dont Blame The APC Members In Lagos, They're Not Used To DEMOCRACY / The Best Comedian on Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.